Dutch Legend Criticizes Ejuke

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Dutch Legend Criticizes Ejuke

Post by Enugu II »

He Dribbles Too Much – Dutch Legend Blast Heerenveen Nigerian Winger Chidera Ejuke
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/02/ ... era-ejuke/
February 6, 2020

Legendary Dutch striker Pierre Van Hooijdonk has slammed Heerenveen Nigerian winger Chidera Ejuke over his dribbling ability which according to him has cost the team in some games.

Ejuke has completed more dribbles than any other player in the Dutch Eredivisie but Van Hooijdonk believe he should focus on been effective in front of goal as his goal count will matter most at the end of the season.

” Ejuke is a good footballer who likes to play and want the ball all the time but he should play for the team more and not for himself. I think he dribbles too much and at the end of the season what counts is goal”, he said.

Signed from Norwegian side Valerenga in the summer, Ejuke has so far contributed seven goals and two assists in 20 league games for ‎Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie with his other goal coming in the Dutch Cup, where he also has two assists.

His performance has already caught the attention of teams in other European leagues and a move could be on in the summer although Heerenveen will reportedly be looking at a fee in excess of €20 million which could frustrates his exit.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dutch Legend Criticizes Ejuke

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nfachair don hammer on this boy, he’s doing very well and can only get better. Let Hooindonk go hug a transformer . :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The guy never met a dribble he didn't fancy lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Very wise advise. Hopefully, Ejuke takes it and implements it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nfachair don hammer on this boy, he’s doing very well and can only get better. Let Hooindonk go hug a transformer . :thumbs:
He should take the advice seriously. When big clubs ignore him, you will say because he is Nigerian.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Why is it Ejuke doesn't know goals are what matters most? Well if he doesn't, the coach is going to continue pounding the advice, maybe it will sink into the young player's head sooner, else ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

When I saw “Dutch Legend” in the headline I was expecting more than Pierre van Hooijdonk
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

donadoni wrote:When I saw “Dutch Legend” in the headline I was expecting more than Pierre van Hooijdonk
Are you Dutch? Or you just want to show your true naijaness and decide who others should consider their legend?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

donadoni wrote:When I saw “Dutch Legend” in the headline I was expecting more than Pierre van Hooijdonk
word even Roy Makaay or Jimmy Floyd.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote:
Are you Dutch? Or you just want to show your true naijaness and decide who others should consider their legend?

:lol:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Van Hooijdonk is a dutch international but not a legend. You can refer to Dutch strikers like Van Basten, Van Niestlerooy, Van Persie, or Kluivert as legends. Certainly not Van Hooijdonk.