2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [FAC] TOT vs SOU [RD 4 RPLY]

Post by Its a Goal »

^^^Well said danfo.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
GK: Lloris - Why play this guy - Repay Gazzaniga with playing him in the cup games!! Come on Jose!!

lol . A coach understands the need for "match fitness" in his key player and "sharpness" in his key goalkeeper. While you and PaJimoh are both interested in the placating, back rubbing, and petting of Gazzaniga, Mourinho is more interested in winning. He has 4th to get, FA Cup to win and CL to compete for. Your number 1 goalkeeper has been out for months and instead of giving him as many games as possible to recover his sharpness, you want to rub the back of a substitute. Odiegwu!
Ok o! I have heard o!! Lloris to regain sharpness

In other news Tanganga and Parrott with new contracts - brill!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Welcome to the new JoMo look.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

He is joking right - I mean even with the below - who is going to want him in their team? How was he so badly advised?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51422195

Newcastle loan signing Danny Rose says he was not given the same opportunities as his fellow defenders to prove himself to Jose Mourinho at Tottenham.

The 29-year-old made 16 appearances for Spurs early in the season but only five after Mourinho became manager on 20 November.

"I do feel I wasn't given as much of a chance as everybody else in the backline," the left-back told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I did want to play for him."

The Doncaster-born player added: "I knew after a month [of Mourinho joining] I was never going to play. It was difficult going out to train knowing I wasn't going to play.

"It's not worked out, but full respect to him and what he's doing at the club. He took over with the club 12 points adrift of Chelsea [now in fourth place] and now it's four.

"I have to be honest, I thought I would continue playing."

Rose had faced an uncertain future at Tottenham since last summer when he was left out of the squad for their pre-season tour of Asia in order for him to explore opportunities with other clubs.

The full-back explained that he has struggled to regain the form he showed prior to a knee injury in January 2017 that required surgery and left him sidelined for nine months.

He added: "I'd love to be the player I was three years ago when I was doing well. I thought I would return to become that player after the injury, but I had a rude awakening."

Rose is now hoping this fresh opportunity at Newcastle will give him the chance to prove that he is worthy of a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad for Euro 2020.

"I've been given a chance to play week in and week out," he said. "I want to play football again - with the Euros in the summer, I want to put myself in window.

"If I go to Newcastle and do well they may think that's what's expected of me. But if I don't do well then they might think Tottenham were right to let me go. I have a lot riding on this, but I'm confident in my ability and I know I will do well."
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:He is joking right - I mean even with the below - who is going to want him in their team? How was he so badly advised?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51422195

Newcastle loan signing Danny Rose says he was not given the same opportunities as his fellow defenders to prove himself to Jose Mourinho at Tottenham.

The 29-year-old made 16 appearances for Spurs early in the season but only five after Mourinho became manager on 20 November.

"I do feel I wasn't given as much of a chance as everybody else in the backline," the left-back told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I did want to play for him."

The Doncaster-born player added: "I knew after a month [of Mourinho joining] I was never going to play. It was difficult going out to train knowing I wasn't going to play.

"It's not worked out, but full respect to him and what he's doing at the club. He took over with the club 12 points adrift of Chelsea [now in fourth place] and now it's four.

"I have to be honest, I thought I would continue playing."

Rose had faced an uncertain future at Tottenham since last summer when he was left out of the squad for their pre-season tour of Asia in order for him to explore opportunities with other clubs.

The full-back explained that he has struggled to regain the form he showed prior to a knee injury in January 2017 that required surgery and left him sidelined for nine months.

He added: "I'd love to be the player I was three years ago when I was doing well. I thought I would return to become that player after the injury, but I had a rude awakening."

Rose is now hoping this fresh opportunity at Newcastle will give him the chance to prove that he is worthy of a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad for Euro 2020.

"I've been given a chance to play week in and week out," he said. "I want to play football again - with the Euros in the summer, I want to put myself in window.

"If I go to Newcastle and do well they may think that's what's expected of me. But if I don't do well then they might think Tottenham were right to let me go. I have a lot riding on this, but I'm confident in my ability and I know I will do well."
Rose can be a head case sometimes. He's prone to mistakes.
A new manager comes in and he thinks he has automatic shirt in the team?
Instead of him to keep his head down and show what he can do.
Poch has been trying to get rid of him from the beginning of the season anyway.
Good luck Rose. Thanks for the many years of service
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bamidele Alli is an angel*.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cristao II wrote:Bamidele Alli is an angel*.

what did he do?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Bamidele Alli is an angel*.

what did he do?
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... irus-video
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Wretched human being! Like I have said previously, any child that can insult his own father is heading for destruction.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] AVL v TOT [WK 26]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ben Davies returns to the team at the expense of Tanganga. Sanchez also takes the place of Verts while Dier also makes a return to the team to partner Winks. Bergwign is starting his second successive match as Lo Celso takes the bench. The only concern I have is Dier as he is stiff and often times breaks up Spurs attack with his wayward passes. In the reverse fixture that was the first match of the season Villa almost disgraced Spurs when they took the lead and didn't surrender it until very late in the match as Spurs ran away 3-1 winners. I believe it is going to be a 4-2-1-2-1 lineup:

Son
Bergwijn * Lucas
Dele
Winks * Dier
Davies * Toby * Sanchez * Aurier
Lloris

Let's hope Aston Villa doesn't show up for the match as they allow the weather conditions to affect them :).

COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hope this will be a hater zone free space today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son runs into a harsh but fair tackle from Konsa and comes out worse for it. Hopefully he can continue.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What is Aurier doing fouling Grealish away from the ball and giving away dangerous freekick?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I hate defenders who give away cheap freekicks. It just simply exposes your limitation. Now Aurier is danger of getting booked very early in the match as he has fouled Grealish twice already.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Gaddem. Toby and Hugo didn't comment as to who to get the ball leaving Villa to score. Slow coach Davies gets beat easily on the left. Actually own goal from Toby.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele's effort blocked as that was surely the equalizer there.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Davies is so super slow. Doubt Mourinho will stand for this much longer

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kai see how Grealish just cut Spurs open when he easily beat Toby. That should have been 2 had Davies not been there.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele heads wide when he should have scored through that fast break.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How many chances are we going to mess up? Son failed to control the ball when put through.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Grealish should have pulled the trigger there. Kai this is a one man show. Levy will be beating himself up badly not paying the 6M 2 years ago when given the chance to sign the kid.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs creating chances which is good.

He scores for and scores against Villa. Toby powers in the goal.