Moses (the Nante Moses) is on fire

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Moses (the Nante Moses) is on fire

Post by Tobi17 »

Just scored in an ongoing game against Dijon, Nantes will really do well to secure hid contract, and increase his wage at these point.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Moses (the Nante Moses) is on fire

Post by vancity eagle »

he is sticking it to all the haters on this forum who kept calling him useless and headless.

The headless one went to collect arab money.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Another player that BABA took a flack for playing. just watch as he transfer to a bigger club next season
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The headless one went to collect arab money

only Tribalistic Nigerians will call their World cup GOAT as "Headless" anyway sha
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Simon and Ejuke are our most in form wingers. I still think Kalu has more talent, however, Simon has been in fine form this season while Kalu is struggling to get games.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Unfortunately Moses got injured when he clashed into the opposition GK as he scored, subbed off after that... hope the injury wasn't serious...Osimhen(got injured yesterday as well minutes after scoring) and Moses need to rest, they've been overplayed these season.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:Unfortunately Moses got injured when he clashed into the opposition GK as he scored, subbed off after that... hope the injury wasn't serious...Osimhen(got injured yesterday as well minutes after scoring) and Moses need to rest, they've been overplayed these season.
Omeruo got injured today as well.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Unfortunately Moses got injured when he clashed into the opposition GK as he scored, subbed off after that... hope the injury wasn't serious...Osimhen(got injured yesterday as well minutes after scoring) and Moses need to rest, they've been overplayed these season.
Omeruo got injured today as well.
Na wa o! :scared:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Just scored in an ongoing game against Dijon, Nantes will really do well to secure hid contract, and increase his wage at these point.
You called it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Moses Simon is one player that has quietly kept working on his game to reach where he is now, despite all those that doubted him.
This is the same guy who was better known as "Daddy" Moses in his early years. Full of promise but seemed to be another youth prodigy destined for obscurity.

Now Nantes Player of the Season and "enjoying his game".
I admire his tenacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUh6Pl4gQE[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Just scored in an ongoing game against Dijon, Nantes will really do well to secure hid contract, and increase his wage at these point.
You called it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Moses Simon is one player that has quietly kept working on his game to reach where he is now, despite all those that doubted him.
This is the same guy who was better known as "Daddy" Moses in his early years. Full of promise but seemed to be another youth prodigy destined for obscurity.

I admire his tenacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUh6Pl4gQE[/video]
The guys a handful!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Moses Simon: in spite of COVID-19, 2020 has been great for me
July 12, 2020 in Featured, News, News Update, Sports

https://thenationonlineng.net/moses-sim ... at-for-me/

Nigeria and FC Nantes player is in celebration mood and shares with TAIWO ALIMI, his happy feelings following the arrival of his second daughter, the good life in France inspired by his most recent awards.

Fresh from celebrating the birth of their second daughter and hitting it off in grand style as Player of the Season in his first season with FC Nantes, Nigerian playmaker Moses Simon has described 2020 as a great year. This is in spite of the novel virus; Covid-19 that is ravaging the world. Simon said: “My family is celebrating because God has been kind to my family. 2020 has been a great year for us.” The Super Eagles sensation who missed the Russia World Cup by whiskers, said he has experienced great happiness in his family and career in his maiden season with Nantes in French Ligue 1.

Speaking from his base, Simon a.k.a ‘Daddy’ said his loan move to Nantes from Levante has proved to be a good one going by what he has achieved within a short time.

He said: “God has been smiling on me since arriving last summer in France. I met great guys here and I chose FC Nantes because I think I have a lot to learn here because there is a very competent coach [Christian Gourcuff]. My relationship with Kalifa Coulibaly is great, we met each other when we played at KAA Gent, it’s the first person I asked for information before signing, he told me good things and he did everything for me to sign here. I’m enjoying my stay here.”

The midfielder, who also functions well from the wing, was awarded Nantes Player of the Season after an impressive nine goals and eight assists in 30 appearances in the 2019/2020 season.

“As a player I never expected any nomination I was just doing my job as a professional player who has a contract to respect and honour and it ended up with an award. I will say it is a good feeling because of the effort I put in last season. I came to the league with determination to excel and at the end of the season God rewards me with Player of the Season in my first season with the club. So I feel great.

His goal against OGC Nice was also adjudged one of the best in the season and Nantes 25th Goals of the Decade. “One of my goals made the top 25 goals in a decade in French league. I am elated that I’ve achieved so much in my first year in FC Nantes. I’m happy that I’m living up to billing”

The goal was indeed awesome as he headed home inside the box from a high ball from the right. Simon headed down to bounce off the ball to beat the keeper that was expecting a straight one. The goal also secured a 2-1 win for Nantes.

He added: “2020 is no doubt a fantastic year in my football career where I played in some games as a top striker and I did not disappoint the gaffer who felt I could still be useful as a point man and as well as a winger . 2020 is worthy of note.”

Speaking about their bundle of joy and the arrival of their bundle of joy, their second baby in May 2020, he said:

“I feel so elated that everything worked for good for me in the French league, the arrival of my second daughter and as well the remarkable season I had in my first season with FC Nantes.’

Having been rewarded with a contract, Simon said he’s looking forward to the new season. “We have started training already, a rigorous one for that matter. We are preparing for the new season in France as the last season league was cancelled due to Covid- 19.

“French league has its peculiar nature and structure in terms of funding and organization, but I am impressed there are a lot of black players in the French league. My Super Eagles teammates are here with me; Samuel Kalu, and Victor Osimhen. I’ve played in the Spanish league which is regarded as the best league in the world and I think it is still the best league I have ever played.”

Simon believed his current form will give him another shot in the Nigeria senior team after helping to secure a World cup ticket to Russia only to miss the Mundial party when he cupped an injury few days to kick off. “Of course I am thinking of how to be part of the team again after several months of not playing competitive football for the country. We are on course to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.”

He said he has unshaken faith in the team’s manager Gernot Rohr, whom he said inspired them to Russia 2018.

“I’m happy that Coach Gernor Rohr got a new contract. The coach deserves the new contract with his exploit with the Super Eagles. He took us back to AFCON with a match to go and qualified us World Cup too. I think the NFF did the right thing by extending his contract.”

Simon grew up in Kaduna where he kicked off his career on the streets like many top Nigerian players. He revealed that he was inspired by a local soccer hero, Joshua Obaje.

“I used to watch him while growing up and I appreciate him for his professionalism. I think at a point in time he became a source of inspiration to me and I looked up to him as we grew up in the same area in Kaduna.”

Obaje was a cult hero in the Nigerian league in which, he played for Heartland and Warri wolves before travelling to Algeria to play for ASO Chief. He was in Super Eagles Team B that finished third in the 2014 African Nations Championship CHAN.

SHORT & SHARP WITH SIMON
HAPPY MOOD
My happiness lies in seeing my loved ones in good health and the reverse is the case when they are down. I don’t want to my see my loved ones down with illness or in situations they cannot help.

WORLD CUP MISS
I have put that behind me. It affected me because I was good for that team and playing well too. The manager had a plan for me before the injury set in. It was sad moment I felt sad about it. It took me a while to take it off my mind and I know that I would have another opportunity. I knew I am young and playing well and I know the manager is watching.

VICTOR OSIMHEN
Osimhen is a great guy and coming he’s one of the people that inspired me to come to France. He’s like a brother and upon my arrival, he called me and he told me he’s happy to have me here. I’m happy for him and know he would do well wherever he moves too. He’s a hard working player.

FACT BOX
Simon made Nigeria’s debut on March 25, 2015 during an international friendly against Uganda, when he replaced Anthony Ujah after 59 minutes in the game. Simon scored his first goal for Nigeria in an international friendly against Nigeria on September 8, 2015, the second in a 2–0 win. He was selected by Nigeria for their 35-man provisional squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics. In May 2018, he was named in Nigeria’s preliminary 30-man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. However, he did not make the final 23 due to injury. He was included in the country’s 23-man squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Automatic starter in my book.
Works his socks off, crosses well and now developing a knack for critical passes and good
This last season has seen him come on strong and he’s still learning.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I remember this guy was abused by fans here constantly. Good for him to be doing what he is doing.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Very Brainless player, whom, if I were a coach, would never consider.

But one thing you cannot begrudge him is that he is clearly a fighter. To lose out on a world cup place and not allow it shatter him is commendable.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:Very Brainless player, whom, if I were a coach, would never consider.

But one thing you cannot begrudge him is that he is clearly a fighter. To lose out on a world cup place and not allow it shatter him is commendable.
His manager at Nantes doesn’t think he is a brainless player nor does the current manager of Nigeria. This brainless player was joint top scorer in the last World Cup qualifiers scoring all his goals from open play. I speak for many when I say I value his contribution in the national team. Take away his away goal against Cameroon and we would have lost that game.

(unlike the fans favorite that scored majority of his goals from the penalty spot and couldn’t score against the mighty Madagascar after 90 mins and only scored from the penalty spot against Algeria during Nigeria’s defeat..... a team Nigeria beat easily in 2018 by 3 goals when his backside was firmly rooted to the bench).
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:You called it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I admire his tenacity.
'Daddy' is STILL Moses' self-acknowledged nickname. It is not a put down...
In fact, he talks about how his FATHER gave him that "pet" name in the following interview.

https://thenationonlineng.net/father-ca ... ses-simon/
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:You called it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I admire his tenacity.
'Daddy' is STILL Moses' self-acknowledged nickname. It is not a put down...
In fact, he talks about how his FATHER gave him that "pet" name in the following interview.

https://thenationonlineng.net/father-ca ... ses-simon/
No, I wasn't suggesting it was a put-down at all.
I only mentioned it because it seemed he was better known as 'Daddy' Moses back then and for some of us, when he began to emerge from relative obscurity into a SE player he was a different player called Moses Simon. It took a while to realise it was the same 'Daddy' Moses we knew as a promising youth player.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Very Brainless player, whom, if I were a coach, would never consider.

His manager at Nantes doesn’t think he is a brainless player nor does the current manager of Nigeria. This brainless player was joint top scorer in the last World Cup qualifiers scoring all his goals from open play. I speak for many when I say I value his contribution in the national team. Take away his away goal against Cameroon and we would have lost that game.

(unlike the fans favorite that scored majority of his goals from the penalty spot and couldn’t score against the mighty Madagascar after 90 mins and only scored from the penalty spot against Algeria during Nigeria’s defeat..... a team Nigeria beat easily in 2018 by 3 goals when his backside was firmly rooted to the bench).
I understand your frustration, but I dont share the opinion of his manager at Nantes and the other thing in Nigeria.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

I understand your frustration, but I dont share the opinion of his manager at Nantes and the other thing in Nigeria.
For you to term Moses Simon currently as brainless, means you haven't watched him since his youth days or if so you are just being disingenuous for no reason. This guy provided the most assists for us in the last AFCON. The guys game as clearly matured into a cerebral one and also defensively sound. If you can't see that you are just being mischievous.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Adisboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

For you to term Moses Simon currently as brainless, means you haven't watched him since his youth days or if so you are just being disingenuous for no reason. This guy provided the most assists for us in the last AFCON. The guys game as clearly matured into a cerebral one and also defensively sound. If you can't see that you are just being mischievous.
I understand your frustration, but Moses Simon is brainless.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Adisboy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Brainless is the word they use when they can not comprehend new information given to them. Since he can not use the new info to come to a new conclusion he calls it brainless.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

See as Moses success dey pain u......Nantes player of the season..... more blessing to the guy the more the haters hate he will win trophy’s both with his club and National team let the haters continue hating.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

See as Moses success dey pain u......Nantes player of the season..... more blessing to the guy the more the haters hate he will win trophy’s both with his club and National team let the haters continue hating.

I understand your frustration, but I dont share the opinion of Nantes. And I agree with you, more blessing to Moses and by God's grace, he will win trophies for both his club and Nigeria, in Jesus name. Amen!