" I don't know if Nigeria still wants me"- Udokhai

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: " I don't know if Nigeria still wants me"- Udokhai

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Yiba wrote:I spoke to Udoukhai about Nigeria last year. At the time, he was not ready. But things have changed. He lost his starting position in Wolfsburg and faced prospects of becoming irrelevant in German football. Until Augsburg came calling. He is highly talented and gifted as CB and uses both feet.

I understand his "concerns" about playing for Nigeria. Time will tell if he has changed his mind. If Augsburg survives the Bundesliga and Schmidt is not sacked, then he could be bought by Augsburg. Right now, he starts regularly but still rusty due to staying on the sidelines for quite a while.

Na Munich bobo and one of our own!
Yiba; I was wondering how good he is. I think your writing as I have highlighted in above answers my question. For now, I don't think we need him - in my opinion
Felix Uduokhai can easily displace any of our defenders right now Facts not feelings, the boy is pure quality of the German breed (always rated him even if he ended up playing for Germany or not). I love Semi, Omeruo, Ekong, Balogun... but there's still some element of quality lacking in their football.

He wont displace Ekong and Omeruo on their best days. The only reason I want him in the squad is because Leon Balogun is ageing and that foolish Tomori boy turned us down. He would be a good replacement for Balogun. As per the whole German defenders being the best I disagree. Last time I checked Mustafi is German. So is Sule. They are both rubbish. Even the German breda that plays for Bayern can be rubbish from time to time. Now their GKs tho. :thumbs:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Dammy wrote:Udokhai is a quality CD. He obviously wants to play for us, let's meet him half-way.
I agree. when I saw the way he marshaled Germany to cripple us at the U20, especially his disciplined approach to the game, I long for a player like that in SE. Truth is we need more competition in the CD
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mapet wrote:
Dammy wrote:Udokhai is a quality CD. He obviously wants to play for us, let's meet him half-way.
I agree. when I saw the way he marshaled Germany to cripple us at the U20, especially his disciplined approach to the game, I long for a player like that in SE. Truth is we need more competition in the CD
That was Akpoguma, not Udokhai.

People are confusing the two.
He was even their captain if I remember correctly....unless I am the confused one. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Meanwhile...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

In this case, what does meeting a player halfway mean? Do we give him half jersey?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

deanotito wrote:
In this case, what does meeting a player halfway mean? Do we give him half jersey?
Dammy is world focus for recruiting players half-way for Rohr.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

deanotito wrote:
Yes! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Which cretin resurrected this thread from the dead? We’ve already dealt with this issue long ago. These are German boys waiting to represent the luftwaffe or whatever dem Dey call dia team . Our humble SE is obviously not a team that is up to their standard.

If they’re having problems with racism let them go the German Minister of Racism to address their issue. We’re too busy with Amotekun and Shege ka safa to be concerned about them. We get our own palapa too jare. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

We dont want him.
He can eat sauerkrauts!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Awwww Jordan, your people do not like you??! Awwwwwww..... so sorry Jordan.. awwww :oops: :oops:
The YeyeMan wrote:Meanwhile...
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Yes! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odiegwu! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Which cretin resurrected this thread from the dead? We’ve already dealt with this issue long ago. These are German boys waiting to represent the luftwaffe or whatever dem Dey call dia team . Our humble SE is obviously not a team that is up to their standard.

If they’re having problems with racism let them go the German Minister of Racism to address their issue. We’re too busy with Amotekun and Shege ka safa to be concerned about them. We get our own palapa too jare. :thumb:
Did you put on your clown make up before you typed that?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Damunk[color=#0000FF] wrote:This is no different from having two babes only one of whom you can marry.[/color]
You might choose one but if you had the opportunity of keeping the other as a side chick, you would.

Bottom line is if you choose one it in no means implies you didn't or don't love the other.
And if the first choice fokks up, marry the other.
U might even find you end up loving her more than you ever coulda loved the first.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Damunk: you kill person! Haba! I know that feeling. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

charlie wrote:We dont want him.
He can eat sauerkrauts!
Who are the "we"? Bros speak for yourself oo, I'm sure a fair majority of Nigerian fans wouldn't mind any quality depth, especially in defence right now.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I remember him saying he wanted to play for Germany :ohmy: what’s happening to his career?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I'll say it again. We cant go far taking German/English rejects. We shouldn't be giving these types opportunities to appear in the WC like we did Ameobi.

They will not transform our team and we will be sending a message to others to do the same to us... They will think 'after all, Nigeria will always be there with open arms'

Once a player has made it clear to us that he chooses another country over us, the door should be permanently closed.

Nigeria is what I call a next-tier team. We're at a level of football lower than elite...bonafide 2nd round WC team...and shaky QF team. If we rehabilitate rejects of, in the case of Germany, elite teams, and in the case of England, fellow next-tier teams, what benefit does it give us??? These players have been found to be not good enough by Germany/England, and to top it off, they flat out rejected us when all they had was promise without proof. Now that they have proof of not being good enough, we go snap them up? To do what?? Beat Germany??
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:I'll say it again. We cant go far taking German/English rejects. We shouldn't be giving these types opportunities to appear in the WC like we did Ameobi.

They will not transform our team and we will be sending a message to others to do the same to us... They will think 'after all, Nigeria will always be there with open arms'

Once a player has made it clear to us that he chooses another country over us, the door should be permanently closed.

Nigeria is what I call a next-tier team. We're at a level of football lower than elite...bonafide 2nd round WC team...and shaky QF team. If we rehabilitate rejects of, in the case of Germany, elite teams, and in the case of England, fellow next-tier teams, what benefit does it give us??? These players have been found to be not good enough by Germany/England, and to top it off, they flat out rejected us when all they had was promise without proof. Now that they have proof of not being good enough, we go snap them up? To do what?? Beat Germany??
I know what you mean, but the problem is they are way better than those we are producing. So yes they are rejects to other better countries, but as long as they are better than those we are producing then it is what it is. Plus they might have more of an incentive to up their game when we are playing the countries where they were ‘rejected’ similar to how Iwobi was motivated to prove something in the England friendly.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Even a team like Spain who have won the worldcup take Brazilian "rejects"

Croatia who had finished #4 in 1998 has had Brazilian "rejects"

Italy has Brazilian "rejects"

Germany has had Brazilian "rejects"

What we are doing is nothing new and not exclusive to Africa or Nigeria.

World cup winners are not to big to take "rejects" then we certainly are not.

All teams around the world take mercenaries, and I wouldn't even consider Nigerian blood players as "mercenaries"

This is the way of the world.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

We can build Nigerian players from the youth and cap foreign born Nigerians as well.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote:Even a team like Spain who have won the worldcup take Brazilian "rejects"

Croatia who had finished #4 in 1998 has had Brazilian "rejects"

Italy has Brazilian "rejects"

Germany has had Brazilian "rejects"

What we are doing is nothing new and not exclusive to Africa or Nigeria.

World cup winners are not to big to take "rejects" then we certainly are not.

All teams around the world take mercenaries, and I wouldn't even consider Nigerian blood players as "mercenaries"

This is the way of the world.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

We can build Nigerian players from the youth and cap foreign born Nigerians as well.
Like….

We are talking about players who are given the chance to play for Nigeria or X, and they choose X…only to fail at X and come back to Nigeria.

Lets break down who you call rejects. We are not talking about people never given that choice…We're not talking about the likes of Costa.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:I'll say it again. We cant go far taking German/English rejects. We shouldn't be giving these types opportunities to appear in the WC like we did Ameobi.

I know what you mean, but the problem is they are way better than those we are producing. So yes they are rejects to other better countries, but as long as they are better than those we are producing then it is what it is. Plus they might have more of an incentive to up their game when we are playing the countries where they were ‘rejected’ similar to how Iwobi was motivated to prove something in the England friendly.
Why are they way better? Better than who? I would totally reconsider if the player we are talking about is transformational….and maybe if he's a Div 1 goalkeeper…Any other position? Naahhh….its really not worth it. We'll take a reputational hit and will get nothing back for it.

Alex Iwobi chose Nigeria early. Thats the kind of player we should be chasing. We need to create a fear of missing out in the minds of these players. Right now, we just don't. We let them use us as spare tire. I met Shola Ameobi in Nigeria's camp for the 2014 WC. He was warm and congenial…but I couldn't shake that feeling that this was just an abusive relationship….and what did he produce on the field? 2nd rate hold up play
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Why are they way better? Better than who? I would totally reconsider if the player we are talking about is transformational….and maybe if he's a Div 1 goalkeeper…Any other position? Naahhh….its really not worth it. We'll take a reputational hit and will get nothing back for it.

Alex Iwobi chose Nigeria early. Thats the kind of player we should be chasing. We need to create a fear of missing out in the minds of these players. Right now, we just don't. We let them use us as spare tire. I met Shola Ameobi in Nigeria's camp for the 2014 WC. He was warm and congenial…but I couldn't shake that feeling that this was just an abusive relationship….and what did he produce on the field? 2nd rate hold up play
Dean, be honest with yourself, the only decent Nigerian made defenders we have are Omeruo and Awaziem, if we didn’t have Oyinbo wall and now Seyi we would be super thin in that area. That’s where the likes of Udokhai could really help. I don’t have any issues with bringing in players of better quality but if it’s the likes of Chuba Akpom who is nowhere deserving of a call then I would have an issue.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Una go kill persin with lafta on CE o! Which one be 2nd rate hold up play? :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Seems people here don't realize our terribly thin our depth in defence is.. And our local league isn't particularly churning out quality CB's either... to put things in perspective, if one or more of Ekong,Semi Ajayi, Awaziem and Omeruo get injured (God forbid, but still a possibility considering how both players are overplayed at their respective clubs)...we are pretty muxh fu#ked... at these point the likes of Uduokhai, Akpoguma, and the Jordan torunarigha lad are definitely more than welcome to the team should they switch.