PINNICK: Explosive claims and Clubbing with Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: PINNICK: Explosive claims and Clubbing with Players

Post by Cally »

I can understand the frustration with him inviting the players out to the club the night before a game, but truth be told, Pinnick has done well in creating an enabling atmosphere within our SE. Things have definitely improved under his leadership.

While many may not approve of his 'ways,' he has gotten good results to a larger extent. He expressed his desire to make the players happier while expecting them to return the favor by winning. That is better than the approach of his predecessors that did not care about the players, while they lined their pockets in preference.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
In Asaba, the coach (Rohr) said no one should go out at night before we played a game. But some of them (players) came to me and said, ‘President, we need to go out, we need to loosen up.’ If you look at the psychology of these players, if you don’t make them happy, they won’t give you results. Jay Jay (Austin Okocha) once told me that when he was in PSG, he went to a night club, stayed there till early morning, but played the best game of his life when it was time for the game.

What sort of professional players ask to go clubbing the night before a big game? No wonder they wind up in turkey and other low level leagues. And then we will say it's because they are Nigerians that's why they are not getting offers from big clubs.

Pinnick is taking advice from TMWMP on how to be a professional.

Maybe such crass unprofessionalism (assuming the story is true) is why he never won the African Player of the year?

Pretty sure he didn't win due to bureaucracy and the francophone hegemony but go ahead and berate and question the dedication of one of Nigeria's greatest servants.

He would have been revered if he was a tad bit more professional.

Dude saw himself as an entertainer.

Unfortunately, he started attempting to be a professional when he moved to Bolton.

Yeah bro.

I'm sure Oliver Khan was entertained!

Observe carefully the look on his face as he ate grass...

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
In Asaba, the coach (Rohr) said no one should go out at night before we played a game. But some of them (players) came to me and said, ‘President, we need to go out, we need to loosen up.’ If you look at the psychology of these players, if you don’t make them happy, they won’t give you results. Jay Jay (Austin Okocha) once told me that when he was in PSG, he went to a night club, stayed there till early morning, but played the best game of his life when it was time for the game.

What sort of professional players ask to go clubbing the night before a big game? No wonder they wind up in turkey and other low level leagues. And then we will say it's because they are Nigerians that's why they are not getting offers from big clubs.

Maybe such crass unprofessionalism (assuming the story is true) is why he never won the African Player of the year?

Pretty sure he didn't win due to bureaucracy and the francophone hegemony but go ahead and berate and question the dedication of one of Nigeria's greatest servants.

Unfortunately, he started attempting to be a professional when he moved to Bolton.

Yeah bro.

You give an example of a stupid dumb display as evidence of his professionalism?

How about the other games his unprofessionalism showed?

How about running out of gas and strolling on the pitch?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Yeah bro.

You give an example of a stupid dumb display as evidence of his professionalism?

My Oga, no vex.

I just gave an example of how well the great Oliver Khan was entertained by Jay Jay...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Yeah bro.

Where did this myth of Okocha being a poor/unprofessional performer for the Super Eagles come from? In all the tournaments he played maybe the AFCON in 2002, could fall under this but even then the entire team was poor.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote: You give an example of a stupid dumb display as evidence of his professionalism?

My Oga, no vex.

I just gave an example of how well the great Oliver Khan was entertained by Jay Jay...
Uncle, he was very well entertained.
Oga JJ saw himself first as an entertainer than a footballer. And he gave his fans enough to cheer about.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Uhm....did Pinnick mention anything else apart from clubbing?
Any take-aways from the interview? :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Uhm....did Pinnick mention anything else apart from clubbing?
Don't be lazy. Read.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote: You give an example of a stupid dumb display as evidence of his professionalism?

My Oga, no vex.

Uncle, he was very well entertained.
Oga JJ saw himself first as an entertainer than a footballer. And he gave his fans enough to cheer about.

O yes o! He was quite entertained!

I gather he's still trying to get the taste of grass off his mouth :rotf: :rotf:

How any man can do this to anoda human being is beyond me!!! :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Uhm....did Pinnick mention anything else apart from clubbing?
Don't be lazy. Read.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cally wrote:I can understand the frustration with him inviting the players out to the club the night before a game, but truth be told, Pinnick has done well in creating an enabling atmosphere within our SE. Things have definitely improved under his leadership.

While many may not approve of his 'ways,' he has gotten good results to a larger extent. He expressed his desire to make the players happier while expecting them to return the favor by winning. That is better than the approach of his predecessors that did not care about the players, while they lined their pockets in preference.
What are the good results, he has gotten?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim