Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:sat down to watch the Milan derby yesterday, just wanted to see Lukaku in action, complete transformation from his united days! I wanted him out of united, thought he had a poor first touch, yesterday was forced to eat humble pie! what i can now see is lack of confidence at united, our club is so toxic that our ex players are now performing, Smalling, Lukaku and even Ashley young, he might even win a Serie A title! Lukaku goal was well taken, At the same time, when we look at his goal scoring record, we cannot really fault him, Belgium all time highest scorer, banged in 20 goals this season at Inter Milan, definitely owe him an apology!! and must add that his turn of form is a serious indictment to the current mess at United, Pogba is going through the same issues, Fernandes will probably, Martial as well
I think it is the pressure at United.
The amazing success under the Ferguson years has resulted in majority of United fans being very demanding and impatient.
That creates pressure on players, even Bruno Fernandes is already under pressure, some were already complaining that he had a poor debut.

One thing i like about the current struggles is that it will humble most of the arrogant fans.
I actually enjoy most of these United games because now you never know when the next victory or defeat will come, a victory is much appreciated unlike during Fergie times when it was routine, sometimes one just checked the scores to see the winning margin :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:sat down to watch the Milan derby yesterday, just wanted to see Lukaku in action, complete transformation from his united days! I wanted him out of united, thought he had a poor first touch, yesterday was forced to eat humble pie! what i can now see is lack of confidence at united, our club is so toxic that our ex players are now performing, Smalling, Lukaku and even Ashley young, he might even win a Serie A title! Lukaku goal was well taken, At the same time, when we look at his goal scoring record, we cannot really fault him, Belgium all time highest scorer, banged in 20 goals this season at Inter Milan, definitely owe him an apology!! and must add that his turn of form is a serious indictment to the current mess at United, Pogba is going through the same issues, Fernandes will probably, Martial as well
The amazing success under the Ferguson years has resulted in majority of United fans being very demanding and impatient.
That creates pressure on players, even Bruno Fernandes is already under pressure, some were already complaining that he had a poor debut.

One thing i like about the current struggles is that it will humble most of the arrogant fans.
I actually enjoy most of these United games because now you never know when the next victory or defeat will come, a victory is much appreciated unlike during Fergie times when it was routine, sometimes one just checked the scores to see the winning margin :biggrin:
funny enough, you cannot win it all, even when Ferguson was in charge, Arsenal won the league, Blackburn, Chelsea and City as well, the least i deserve is good football! I do not think the fans are arrogant to demand the basics of football especially with the highest wage bill in the premiership
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

funny enough, you cannot win it all, even when Ferguson was in charge, Arsenal won the league, Blackburn, Chelsea and City as well, the least i deserve is good football! I do not think the fans are arrogant to demand the basics of football especially with the highest wage bill in the premiership
But good football comes as a result of stability.
And to get stability, patience is needed, there can never be any stability if players and managers are constantly in and out as a result of fans calling for their heads soon as things don't go well.
Things have to first get worse before they get better :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

And to get stability, patience is needed, there can never be any stability if players and managers are constantly in and out as a result of fans calling for their heads soon as things don't go well.
Things are already worse, we cannot keep the ball for 2secs!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

Things are already worse, we cannot keep the ball for 2secs!

Ahaa
And then slowly but surely they must work on keeping it for 4secs, 20secs 60 etc.....
Louis Van Gaal used to say it over over, it's a process, and United fans deemed him mad.
That pain that Van Gaal wanted United to endure in order to slowly get back to where they want, will have to be done anyway

Let's not lie to each other, another 10yrs can pass easily with United still trying to right things.
United needs a miracle :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

@Marko, remember when Van Gaal used to rave about United possession stats even after a lost or drawn game.
And then United fans would insult him, all they wanted was a win, they didn't share the same long term vision.

The long term vision was to teach Manchester United how to keep posession first and foremost, so that they can then build from that and vary their play from there under later managers, but United fans found that process boring.
Van Gaal was getting a defence of Jones Smalling to have a calm kick about building play from the back.

I had a lot of time for Van Gaal and whatever he was trying, i remember fighting running battles with tfco.

But guys where is Tfco, i haven't seen him post in a while, is everything OK ? :(
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:@Marko, remember when Van Gaal used to rave about United possession stats even after a lost or drawn game.
And then United fans would insult him, all they wanted was a win, they didn't share the same long term vision.

The long term vision was to teach Manchester United how to keep posession first and foremost, so that they can then build from that and vary their play from there under later managers, but United fans found that process boring.
Van Gaal was getting a defence of Jones Smalling to have a calm kick about building play from the back.

I had a lot of time for Van Gaal and whatever he was trying, i remember fighting running battles with tfco.

But guys where is Tfco, i haven't seen him post in a while, is everything OK ? :(
Who possession epp? See Chelsea's possession stats.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
benteke wrote:@Marko, remember when Van Gaal used to rave about United possession stats even after a lost or drawn game.

Who possession epp? See Chelsea's possession stats.
Chelsea has Sarri to thank for the current ability to keep possession. But anyway Chelsea has always been comfortable in that area.

But indeed when Van Gaal was around at United, possession was a big thing to him, and he used to emphasize on it a lot, one game he lost 1-0 to Mourinho's and he made the point that United controlled possession.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

He is inside :D :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

yes i must admit LVG had that right ideas for united, in hindsight, they probably sacked the wrong manager! yes we was boring but can remember, we never seem to be dominated by the big teams, he did win an FA cup, slowly he was building something but we united fans wanted instant success, something we were used to and of course Mourinho was unemployed and was a proven winner, if we had good structures in place like a director of football, his advice would have been invaluable, we have gone from bad to worse, OGS simply does not cut it as a manager or coach, he cannot organize the team, no clear strategy, his 4-3-2-1 is just to ensure we do not lose games and we still do, our counter attacking football has been found out, so what do we really have next? united fans should be prepared for the football wilderness until the club is sold, Ed Woodward sacked, different owners will clear plans are needed

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:yes i must admit LVG had that right ideas for united, in hindsight, they probably sacked the wrong manager! yes we was boring but can remember, we never seem to be dominated by the big teams, he did win an FA cup, slowly he was building something but we united fans wanted instant success, something we were used to and of course Mourinho was unemployed and was a proven winner, if we had good structures in place like a director of football, his advice would have been invaluable, we have gone from bad to worse, OGS simply does not cut it as a manager or coach, he cannot organize the team, no clear strategy, his 4-3-2-1 is just to ensure we do not lose games and we still do, our counter attacking football has been found out, so what do we really have next? united fans should be prepared for the football wilderness until the club is sold, Ed Woodward sacked, different owners will clear plans are needed
but Jose won 3 cups
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bissaka first assist of the season

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Seen enough of Ighalo first touch and hold up play to suggest he will come good for united

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd make no sense. This season they have:

1) Beaten Pep's Man City away - TWICE

2) Beaten Chelsea 3 times (including twice away).

3) Been the only team to take points off Liverpool.

4) Taken points off all 4 top 4 teams.

5) Lost only 2 of their 9 games against the top 4.

BUT

...lost to Watford, West Ham, and Burnley...
wiseone wrote:United are an utter enigma. They are the only team to take points off Liverpool this season, have beaten Man City away - twice, beaten Chelsea twice (including 4-0), and beat Leicester. AKA they have lost only 2 of their 8 games against the top 4 teams. Yet they have also lost to West Ham and Watford who are in the bottom three. Weird team.

I am treating Fernandes as a replacement for Pogba rather than a signing to play alongside him. Who knows whether the two of them will play in the same Manchester United team after this season.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd make no sense. This season they have:

BUT

wiseone wrote:United are an utter enigma. They are the only team to take points off Liverpool this season, have beaten Man City away - twice, beaten Chelsea twice (including 4-0), and beat Leicester. AKA they have lost only 2 of their 8 games against the top 4 teams. Yet they have also lost to West Ham and Watford who are in the bottom three. Weird team.

I am treating Fernandes as a replacement for Pogba rather than a signing to play alongside him. Who knows whether the two of them will play in the same Manchester United team after this season.
...when you play a team that got nothing to lose, aka underdogs, they dig deeper.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd make no sense. This season they have:

BUT

True this.
It is the coming games against the likes of Watford that one should be worried about :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Then Watford comes and beats us, shows signs of serious inconsistencies with united! we need to start with the same team against Watford but i will start with Ighalo ! that is a game where we need goals and half chances

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Raiola is at it again...

The club almost have to sell Pogba just to end the side show with his agent. I wonder if he sabotaged Man Utd's deal for his other client Haaland.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Raiola is at it again...

The club almost have to sell Pogba just to end the side show with his agent. I wonder if he sabotaged Man Utd's deal for his other client Haaland.

He probably did as united tried to get Haaland behind his back, Raiola found out and made sure he went to Germany, united are cheap skates, they should have sold Pogba last season, he wanted to leave, this season, he will leave

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:

He probably did as united tried to get Haaland behind his back, Raiola found out and made sure he went to Germany, united are cheap skates, they should have sold Pogba last season, he wanted to leave, this season, he will leave
It's only a matter of time before players soon avoid being under this Raiola, because clubs will simply avoid them if they are under him.
Man City are lose interest in big prospect players under this guy because he once fell out with Pep Guardiola.
Once United rid themselves of this Pogba situation they will be doing the same.
Then this Raiola will have very few to mess around with.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

It's only a matter of time before players soon avoid being under this Raiola, because clubs will simply avoid them if they are under him.
Man City are lose interest in big prospect players under this guy because he once fell out with Pep Guardiola.
really, Borusia Dortmund did not report any issue with Raiola, so why all of a sudden, he is an issue? United sold Pogba a wild dream about this rebuild when he rejoined us, they told him they were re-building and good players will be joining the club, what did he get in return? the likes of Perreira, Lingard, James? Pogba should be playing champions league football every year, that is the company his talent deserves, without him playing, we are nothing! that has been proven, a half fit Pogba is better than an entire team, after this summer, he will have one year left and if they do not sell him, his value will drop, United needs the money for the so-called rebuild, they will have to compromise, the 150 million be touted is crap! if they get 90-100M, i will take it, Pogba will get fit for the Euro 2020, That should be his major concern

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

really, Borusia Dortmund did not report any issue with Raiola, so why all of a sudden, he is an issue? United sold Pogba a wild dream about this rebuild when he rejoined us, they told him they were re-building and good players will be joining the club, what did he get in return? the likes of Perreira, Lingard, James? Pogba should be playing champions league football every year, that is the company his talent deserves, without him playing, we are nothing! that has been proven, a half fit Pogba is better than an entire team, after this summer, he will have one year left and if they do not sell him, his value will drop, United needs the money for the so-called rebuild, they will have to compromise, the 150 million be touted is crap! if they get 90-100M, i will take it, Pogba will get fit for the Euro 2020, That should be his major concern
[/video]
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Said it, united do not create chances and the likes of Martial, Ighalo need half chances, thats how Martial scored, Ighalo got next to no service at all, nice touches on the ball but we simply do not create chances, so it will be a tall order for him to score

Marko