Adarabioyo Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks With Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tosin Adarabioyio Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks Wit

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:Tosin Adarabioyio who is on loan from Manchester City to English Championship side Blackburn Rovers is in talks with the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) over a proposed switch of allegiance to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The 22 year old has impressed this season for Blackburn Rovers and his form has caught the attention of coach Gernot Rohr who has given his blessings to the NFF to speak with the defender.

It’s not the first time that he will be approached by Nigeria but unlike the past where he was a youth international with England, this time around he has aged beyond any of the youth teams of England and there is no chance of a call up to the senior national team at the moment.

In the past the defender who gladly acknowledges his Nigerian roots refused to completely rule out a switch of allegiance to Nigeria insisting on the fact that once he has a settled club career he will decide.

Rohr is searching for young defenders and he has already sounded out his assistants to speak with Tosin, who will most likely return to Manchester City next season and push for a spot in the first team.
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/02/ ... h-nigeria/
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Tosin Adarabioyio who is on loan from Manchester City to English Championship side Blackburn Rovers is in talks with the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) over a proposed switch of allegiance to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The 22 year old has impressed this season for Blackburn Rovers and his form has caught the attention of coach Gernot Rohr who has given his blessings to the NFF to speak with the defender.

It’s not the first time that he will be approached by Nigeria but unlike the past where he was a youth international with England, this time around he has aged beyond any of the youth teams of England and there is no chance of a call up to the senior national team at the moment.

In the past the defender who gladly acknowledges his Nigerian roots refused to completely rule out a switch of allegiance to Nigeria insisting on the fact that once he has a settled club career he will decide.

Rohr is searching for young defenders and he has already sounded out his assistants to speak with Tosin, who will most likely return to Manchester City next season and push for a spot in the first team.
Highly unlikely if that apari is still there.
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

He pushed to go out on loan. I fully expect him to push for a permanent transfer...or at the very least another loan.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Man City boss Pep Guardiola on why Tosin Adarabioyo was not recalled to help centre back problem
On-loan Blackburn defender has been getting rave reviews in the Championship but Manchester City did not trigger recall clause.

ByStuart Brennan
15:23, 31 JAN 2020 UPDATED15:24, 31 JAN 2020://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/f ... r-17667585

Pep Guardiola did not consider recalling Tosin Adarabioyo from his loan at Blackburn to help out with Manchester City’s centre back crisis.

The Blues boss has been without Aymeric Laporte for four months, and the French defender is still a doubt for Sunday’s trip to Tottenham after suffering with fatigue following his comeback against Sheffield United last week.

Six ft five ins Adarabioyo has been getting rave reviews for the Championship club, showing some quality passing skills as well as being a commanding presence in defence.

City’s loans officer Joleon Lescott has been feeding positive reports about the 22-year-old Manchester-born player to the City coaching and analysis staff.

And Adarabioyo made it plain this month that his ambitions lie at the Etihad Stadium – and he even envisaged being skipper in five years time!

City have suffered this season with Laporte absent, and John Stones also sidelined for long periods, while Stones and Nicolas Otamendi have also suffered periods of poor form.
Pep Guardiola did not consider recalling Tosin Adarabioyo from his loan at Blackburn to help out with Manchester City’s centre back crisis.

The Blues boss has been without Aymeric Laporte for four months, and the French defender is still a doubt for Sunday’s trip to Tottenham after suffering with fatigue following his comeback against Sheffield United last week.

Six ft five ins Adarabioyo has been getting rave reviews for the Championship club, showing some quality passing skills as well as being a commanding presence in defence.

City’s loans officer Joleon Lescott has been feeding positive reports about the 22-year-old Manchester-born player to the City coaching and analysis staff.

And Adarabioyo made it plain this month that his ambitions lie at the Etihad Stadium – and he even envisaged being skipper in five years time!

City have suffered this season with Laporte absent, and John Stones also sidelined for long periods, while Stones and Nicolas Otamendi have also suffered periods of poor form.

They have promoted Eric Garcia and Taylor Harwood-Bellis from the junior ranks to cover, but Guardiola has been reluctant to use the youngsters in crucial games.

But he said that recalling Adarabioyo had not been an option.
When asked about it, he replied: “This season, no. Laporte, Dinho, John, Nico, Eric working with us - and has played good.

“You can get injuries, Laporte and John were but this season he’s OK.”

Guardiola did offer Adarabioyo some hope by saying he will review his situation at the end of the season.

“I haven’t paid (attention to him) regularly but the people who follow our loan players have,” he said.

“In the last part of the season we’ll talk about the conditions, if it’s possible – depends on our ideas for next season.

“Maybe it could be an option but we have four plus Eric plus Taylor. He’s playing regularly. Aro Muric has not played much (on loan at Nottingham Forest), Tosin has played so we'll see.”
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote: Rohr is searching for young defenders and he has already sounded out his assistants to speak with Tosin, who will most likely return to Manchester City next season and push for a spot in the first team.
He pushed to go out on loan. I fully expect him to push for a permanent transfer...or at the very least another loan.
Interview
Tosin Adarabioyo: ‘In five years I’d like to be Man City captain. It can happen’
Jamie Jackson

Manchester City’s defender, on loan at Blackburn, discusses his future, how racism is getting worse and being spotted aged five
Jamie Jackson @JamieJackson___
Fri 17 Jan 2020 11.59 GMT

Tosin Adarabioyo may be on loan again from Manchester City but the 22-year-old remains focused on the boyhood dream. “In five years’ time I’d like to be captain of Man City and have won the Premier League and the Champions League. Definitely it can happen,” he says.

Here high ambition is married to a recognition of the hard yards required to reach the top. Sitting in plush seats at The Mere hotel in Cheshire, Adarabioyo can point to the decision to sign for a season at Blackburn Rovers after spending the previous campaign on loan at West Bromwich Albion.

“I just felt like I needed to go out there and get some more games and prove what I can do,” the centre-back says. “My aim has always been to get back to City and be a main player in that team. I felt I needed to go out again because last season I was predominantly playing right-back. I didn’t actually get to show what I can do.”

At West Brom he played 36 times including the closing minutes of the Championship play-off semi-final second leg against Aston Villa, Dean Smith’s side progressing on penalties. But instability at West Brom meant Adarabioyo had two managers in 2018-19 – Darren Moore and James Shan – and the experience was not the best.

“It was up and down,” he says. “I was playing out of position: right-back. I didn’t really enjoy that. That’s not where I play best but I learned a lot there.”

In December of last season Raheem Sterling claimed that Adarabioyo had been reported on by a newspaper in a racist manner. This related to the purchase of a “£2.5m” home for his mother “despite [him] having never started a Premier League match”.

This contrasted, Sterling argued, with how another City player, Phil Foden, was written about in the same publication when buying a “£2m” house for his mother to “set up a future”.

This season has been plagued by the racist abuse of footballers. Those targeted include Manchester United’s Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford, Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold and Reading’s Yakou Méïté. Adarabioyo is clear when asked whether the problem has eased since Sterling’s intervention.

“I wouldn’t say it made any difference,” he says. “I haven’t seen much of a change. If anything in recent months it’s got worse. You’ve just got to deal with it however you feel best.

“ Some people want to speak out about it, which I think is the right way to go about it. You have to speak out and have your opinion, try to get rid of racism. Other [players] just want to get on with the game.”

Tosin says the Championship is ‘tough but enjoyable’.
Adarabioyo’s City debut came at 19 under Guardiola’s predecessor, Manuel Pellegrini, in a 5-1 FA Cup defeat at Chelsea in February 2016. Pellegrini selected three other 19-year-olds – Bersant Celina, David Faupala and Aleix García plus Manu García (18) – in protest at having to play on a Sunday before flying to Ukraine to face Dynamo Kyiv the following Wednesday.

Adarabioyo ensured Diego Costa had a difficult match but did not feature again that season. The following year there was an 89th-minute EFL Cup debut against Swansea and a Champions League cameo (30 minutes) before his full debut in the competition, a 1-1 draw with Celtic at the Etihad Stadium. In 2017-18 there were four appearances – two each in the EFL Cup and Champions League – but the final minute of the 2-1 defeat by Basel on 7 March 2018 was Adarabioyo’s last action under Guardiola.

Adarabioyo had been an outstanding prospect in City age-group teams, playing for the under-18s at 14, and made his debut for England at under-16 level. Yet when Guardiola failed to buy a central defender to replace Vincent Kompany, Adarabioyo was still allowed to join Rovers. The manager has since lost Aymeric Laporte to a long-term knee problem, while injuries and form have hampered John Stones.

Guardiola, has not recalled Adarabioyo and the player is unsure of his future. “I’ve not really had much contact with them as of yet. There is a loans manager, Joleon Lescott. He comes out and watches some games, sees how I’m doing and gives feedback. If that’s what they want [to return to City], I’ll be ready.”

When his contract expires in summer 2021 Adarabioyo would be delighted to extend his stay, though his Rovers performances may attract suitors. Signed by Tony Mowbray in July, Adarabioyo has made 18 appearances after his start to the season was hampered by injury.

“I had a tear in my quad. I missed a fair few games but I’m enjoying my time [now]. I’m playing well and getting a lot of minutes. The Championship is tough but enjoyable.”

Adarabioyo adds with a smile: “Obviously it’s a lot of men kicking the ball forward on to your head. I’ve got to deal with that.”

Which is he is doing impressively, Mowbray recently commenting that a defender who is a 6ft 5in ball-player of the City school will harness his talent if he remains grounded.

Adarabioyo’s favourite players when growing up in Manchester point to his own penchant for playmaking. “Patrick Vieira, Ronaldo, Zidane, Steven Gerrard – I liked the way they played,” he says. “I enjoyed growing up in Whalley Range. It was nice – my brothers used to play football all day in the streets.”

Adarabioyo, the youngest of three brothers, was spotted by City aged five. “I was at Chorlton Sports, a local team I’m sure is not around any more. I got picked up and trained at Parrs Wood high school, on the astro, then I moved to Whalley Range high school where there’s five-a-side pitches.”

On Saturday Rovers travel to Sheffield Wednesday. Mowbray’s team are 13th, five points from a play-off place, and won November’s reverse fixture 2-1, Adarabioyo’s equaliser his first senior goal. “It can turn at any time in this league,” he says, “so we just need to get the results.”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I've not watched him much but this clip certainly suggests he has ball skills as noted by his manager.
The Championship will also toughen him up.
I think he has the potential to develop into a first rate central defender. Good passing skills, calm under pressure and a huge asset in the air too.
If you like, continue calling him a 'reject'.
Don't be surprised if he benches Omeruo, Ajayi and Balogun permanently if he ends up a Super Eagle.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

BAP wrote:
Odas wrote:
john12 wrote:when I say that SE is only getting England "C rated" or "3rd team" dem go criticize me but read what the link says and agree/disagree. they even made it obvious that this one has no chance of making England team at all SMH. na only their "Reject" dey accept us
Na wa-oo! I am very surprised we continue to go for the rejects (players other teams rejected, or who rejected us before). It seems many of these players know they will get into our team, no matter what.
Ola Ana didnt go to the WC ..and the Russian Chap .. name skips me looks like he is a has been ... so NO they dont get in the team no matter what
I agree. Generally the practice has worked out well for us more often than not.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:I've not watched him much but this clip certainly suggests he has ball skills as noted by his manager.
I think he has the potential to develop into a first rate central defender. Good passing skills, calm under pressure and a huge asset in the air too.
Don't be surprised if he benches Omeruo, Ajayi and Balogun permanently if he ends up a Super Eagle.
I've not been following the English championship, but judging by all accounts Tosin has been one of the top performers in his club, seems Brentford are having a really good season so that helps.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:I've not watched him much but this clip certainly suggests he has ball skills as noted by his manager.
I've not been following the English championship, but judging by all accounts Tosin has been one of the top performers in his club, seems Brentford are having a really good season so that helps.
Blackburn Rovers you mean.
Theyre 8th on the Championship table.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
“I haven’t paid (attention to him) regularly but the people who follow our loan players have,” he said.

“In the last part of the season we’ll talk about the conditions, if it’s possible – depends on our ideas for next season.

“Maybe it could be an option but we have four plus Eric plus Taylor. He’s playing regularly. Aro Muric has not played much (on loan at Nottingham Forest), Tosin has played so we'll see.”
[/quote]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: How will you pay attention, when you are more interested in buying 100 million pounds defenders. O ri o pe!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote: I've not been following the English championship, but judging by all accounts Tosin has been one of the top performers in his club, seems Brentford are having a really good season so that helps.
Blackburn Rovers you mean.
Theyre 8th on the Championship table.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Tobi is a number brother! And as you know, the number brothers on CE are some of the dumbest people in the world.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

When his contract expires in summer 2021 Adarabioyo would be delighted to extend his stay, though his Rovers performances may attract suitors.
If he knows what's good for him, he better not extend his contract and push for a permanent transfer. It will do his career a world of good. For starters, Pep has no plans for the boy so he better take his career into his hands.

That said, he's very talented. I watched him play a couple times or so against Chelsea and other clubs for their first team in cup games and he's caught my eye with this size, skill & tackling combination. Obviously due to being relatively inexperienced errors do occur but with regular football, in another year or 2, the player will be unrecognizable. Good catch for Rohr & Nigeria if he does go through with the switch.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

green4life wrote:
When his contract expires in summer 2021 Adarabioyo would be delighted to extend his stay, though his Rovers performances may attract suitors.
If he knows what's good for him, he better not extend his contract and push for a permanent transfer. It will do his career a world of good. For starters, Pep has no plans for the boy so he better take his career into his hands.

That said, he's very talented. I watched him play a couple times or so against Chelsea and other clubs for their first team in cup games and he's caught my eye with this size, skill & tackling combination. Obviously due to being relatively inexperienced errors do occur but with regular football, in another year or 2, the player will be unrecognizable. Good catch for Rohr & Nigeria if he does go through with the switch.
We missed out on Tomori so it’ll good to have him on board!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I wonder if he'll go back to Man City after to suspension.
OCCUPY NFF!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Look at Ajayi, balling for WBA. His confidence levels playing for Nigeria against teams like Brazil has helped improve his overall confidence and game. If they are Nigerian and have adequate ability, invite them, you don’t know how that alone will affect his confidence and game.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

okidoki wrote:Look at Ajayi, balling for WBA. His confidence levels playing for Nigeria against teams like Brazil has helped improve his overall confidence and game. If they are Nigerian and have adequate ability, invite them, you don’t know how that alone will affect his confidence and game.
Inviting them is the easy part!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Manchester City fans react to reported interest in Tosin Adarabioyo, Leeds among suitors
By Dom Toner Published on March 8, 2020

Leeds United are reportedly one of several teams reportedly keen on Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo – but some of their club’s supporters on Twitter have responded to state they want to keep him at the Etihad Stadium.

The 22-year-old is on the books at Premier League side Man City, but spent last season out on loan with West Brom and is impressing this campaign in the Championship once again during a loan at Blackburn Rovers.

According to 90min, Pep Guardiola’s team value the young centre-back at around £20million and are prepared to sell him at the end of the season, but would be keen to include a buy-back clause.

It is understood that Everton are leading the pursuit for the English defender, but there is also interest from Burnley, Leicester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Newcastle United, Southampton and Leeds.

The report has explained that Leeds have made contact to Man City to be kept in the loop about Adarabioyo and they already have Jack Harrison on loan from them.

Adarabioyo has shown this year at Blackburn that he’s a modern day defender who is great with the ball at his feet and has a wide range of passing.

The 6ft 5in colossus represented England at youth level earlier on his career and is a rising talent to come out of the Man City academy.

A selection of Man City fans on social media believe they should ignore all summer interest in Adarabioyo to keep him with them.

It remains to be seen if Leeds will ramp up interest in him, but they will be hoping they have Premier League football to offer all new players next season.
https://tbrfootball.com/manchester-city ... g-suitors/
Adarabioyo: Leeds United join Wolves and Everton in pursuit of £20m star - reports
The Manchester City defender has impressed Premier League suitors during his loan spell at Blackburn Rovers

By Jaquob Crooke
13:20, 9 MAR 2020

Leeds United are believed to have joined a backlog of Premier League clubs that are interested in signing Blackburn Rovers' on-loan defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

90min reported that Everton were leading the race to sign Adarabioyo, with Manchester City valuing the 22-year-old at £20m. The defender is set to return to the Etihad when his loan deal with Rovers expires this summer.

Adarabioyo has a contract with Manchester City until 2021 and with a spot in the first-team uncertain, there is the possibility that Pep Guardiola will allow him to leave should the club proceed with its defensive overhaul in the summer.

The situation has alerted a raft of Premier League clubs, including Everton, Wolves and Leicester City, while Leeds are rumoured to be keeping tabs on Adarabioyo's future. Any deal agreed for the centre-back will include a buy-back clause.

Ben Brereton's missed Blackburn Rovers opportunity and the impact of Darragh Lenihan's absence
Adarabioyo has struggled in Rovers' last two fixtures, with Darragh Lenihan's two-game suspension disrupting the blossoming partnership that they have forged at the heart of Tony Mowbray's defence.

Nonetheless, Adarabioyo is still an exceptional talent and his ball-playing ability has provided Rovers with a composed outlet when in possession.

Rovers are already making preparations to replace Adarabioyo for next season, with the defender destined for a spot in the Premier League, whether that be with Manchester City or another club.
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... y-17890483
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
green4life wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Totori, the pathological liar missed out on us.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
green4life wrote:

:clap: Look at him now!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Excerpted from viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297345&p=5505943
Gotti wrote:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
green4life wrote:

Yes o my bro dd!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
green4life wrote:

Yes o my bro dd!

dude will be watching WC in HDTV while his contemperaries like Tosin will be playing in future World Cups. :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Come...this boy has skills o. Not just as a CD, but in general!
This nor be joke o.....
I think we need to grab this guy before Man City and England wake up and smell the coffee....