Iwobi Praised by Team Mate

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iwobi Praised by Team Mate

Post by Enugu II »

'He's Just A Hard Worker Through And Through' - Iwobi Hailed By Ex-Arsenal Teammate Walcott
Published: February 09, 2020
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=35247

Alex Iwobi has been hailed by Theo Walcott for his dedication to training and quickly settling into life at Everton.

While the Nigeria international joined Everton in a big money move in the final hours of the summer transfer window, ex-Arsenal teammate Walcott swapped north London for Merseyside in January 2018.

Iwobi is a versatile player who can be deployed on both flanks and is also comfortable in the playmaker role, which has been noted by Walcott.

He’s the sort of kid that would settle in anywhere," Walcott was quoted as saying by Goal.com.

"He’s taken to it really well, and what he is doing on the training field is really impressive.

"He’s just a hard worker, through and through. At times at Arsenal he was in and out, and he was tried in different positions. Here, I feel he can express himself a lot more and use his attributes, his skills and his energy. "

Walcott added : "I'm not the manager, but I feel like he likes to be on the ball, be in the middle of the game and express himself.

"He’s a great athlete, he looks after himself. He doesn’t come to the gym with me and Mason [Holgate] yet, but I’ll try my best! He’s a great kid and he’s really settled well.

"I was really excited when he came having worked with him before. I knew he was always going to fit right in."

Iwobi, who was on the bench for the entirety of Everton's 3-1 win vs Crystal Palace on Saturday, has made 21 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring two goals.

Igho Kingsley
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi Praised by Team Mate

Post by bushboy »

Even Ancelotti is now realizing how poor Iwobi is. When Walcott limped off injured against Crystal Palace and Iwobi was not brought in to replace him, it dawned on how far he has fallen in the pecking order in the eyes of the fans and manager.
Once Ancelotti brings in his own signings over the summer, it will spell the end for Iwobi and he may be shipped off the the Norwich level teams of the world.
Talent, yes. Execution, no. What a waste.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bushboy wrote:Even Ancelotti is now realizing how poor Iwobi is. When Walcott limped off injured against Crystal Palace and Iwobi was not brought in to replace him, it dawned on how far he has fallen in the pecking order in the eyes of the fans and manager.
Once Ancelotti brings in his own signings over the summer, it will spell the end for Iwobi and he may be shipped off the the Norwich level teams of the world.
Isaac Success summary ...sad day for one the overhyped exports from Nigeria... so bad his number was taken from him...cannot even get a mon in a relegation team
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
'He's Just A Hard Worker Through And Through' - Iwobi Hailed By Ex-Arsenal Teammate Walcott
Published: February 09, 2020
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=35247

Alex Iwobi has been hailed by Theo Walcott for his dedication to training and quickly settling into life at Everton.

While the Nigeria international joined Everton in a big money move in the final hours of the summer transfer window, ex-Arsenal teammate Walcott swapped north London for Merseyside in January 2018.

Iwobi is a versatile player who can be deployed on both flanks and is also comfortable in the playmaker role, which has been noted by Walcott.

He’s the sort of kid that would settle in anywhere," Walcott was quoted as saying by Goal.com.

"He’s taken to it really well, and what he is doing on the training field is really impressive.

"He’s just a hard worker, through and through. At times at Arsenal he was in and out, and he was tried in different positions. Here, I feel he can express himself a lot more and use his attributes, his skills and his energy. "

Walcott added : "I'm not the manager, but I feel like he likes to be on the ball, be in the middle of the game and express himself.

"He’s a great athlete, he looks after himself. He doesn’t come to the gym with me and Mason [Holgate] yet, but I’ll try my best! He’s a great kid and he’s really settled well.

"I was really excited when he came having worked with him before. I knew he was always going to fit right in."

Iwobi, who was on the bench for the entirety of Everton's 3-1 win vs Crystal Palace on Saturday, has made 21 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring two goals.

Igho Kingsley
ANS again? :boo: :boo:

SMDH!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bushboy wrote:Even Ancelotti is now realizing how poor Iwobi is. When Walcott limped off injured against Crystal Palace and Iwobi was not brought in to replace him, it dawned on how far he has fallen in the pecking order in the eyes of the fans and manager.
It’s amazing the kind of rubbish you type on these pages. You’re either crooks-eyed,partially blind or just plain obtuse. Smdh!
OCCUPY NFF!!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

What does this mean?
He doesn’t come to the gym with me and Mason [Holgate] yet, but I’ll try my best!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANCELOTTI CAN MAKE 1-GOAL EVERTON MAN A STAR WITH DARING TEAM CALL VS ARSENAL –
https://everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/anc ... ny-gordon/

Date: 14th February 2020 at 7:00am
Written by: Kyle Archer
Carlo Ancelotti can turn Alex Iwobi into a star of his Everton side by making a daring team call and starting Anthony Gordon against Arsenal this Sunday.

Iwobi has so far featured just once under the boss, having sustained a hamstring injury at home to the Gunners on the day that Ancelotti was announced as Marco Silva’s permanent successor.

The blow kept the Nigerian out of action for six league games before returning to action away to Watford at the start of the month, though would play no part in our 3-1 win over Crystal Palace prior to the winter break.

While Ancelotti could look to reintroduce Iwobi to the fold as we travel to the winger’s former home this weekend, he may have reservations about doing so given Silva rarely saw the best from the 40-time international following his £34million summer arrival.

Iwobi has just one Premier League goal and no assists to his name in Royal Blue thus far, while finding the back of the net once and assisting one goal in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup.

Ancelotti, however, can turn the tide on the 23-year-old’s slack output at the Emirates Stadium this Sunday by moving Iwobi into a more central role, rather than continuing to utilise the Arsenal product as a wide option.
While his output hinders the argument, Iwobi has been one of our most creative players this season with an average 1.4 key balls per 90 league minutes, plus 1.6 successful dribbles, 1.5 shots and 1.6 successful tackles, per WhoScored.

Ancelotti has alternatives to use on the wings, even should Theo Walcott not be passed fit to play, with the ex-England ace’s condition as yet unconfirmed after being forced off during the first half of our win over Palace last time out.

The boss could comfortably name Bernard in the starting line-up on one side of the field following his goal against the Eagles, but rather than drag Richarlison back out wide, Ancelotti should also name Gordon in the opening XI.

While Gordon may have never started a senior fixture with his 52 minutes of first-team football so far exclusively coming from the bench, reports by Football Insider claim that Ancelotti has been ‘dazzled’ by the 18-year-old’s technical ability in training at Finch Farm.

Ancelotti is also said to envisage the academy product playing regular first-team football in the future and is excited to see what he can produce in the senior fold after excelling in the Under 23s.

In 27 U23s outings, Gordon has scored eight times and assisted four goals, and is considered by club chiefs to have outgrown the junior grades – and starting him at Arsenal will not only give the talented prospect a chance to show that, but help Iwobi make his £34m transfer a success.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "