JURGEN KLINSMANN REMINDS ME OF SUNDAY OLISEH

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
JURGEN KLINSMANN REMINDS ME OF SUNDAY OLISEH

Post by deanotito »

Their coaching career seems to careen from one controversy to another....

https://www.espn.com/soccer/hertha-berl ... -in-charge

Klinsmann quits Hertha, calls it 'suicide mission'

Stephan Uersfeld

ESPN
Hertha stunned as Klinsmann leaves after 76 days, unnerved by lack of support - sources

Hertha Berlin head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has left his role at the Bundesliga club after less than three months in charge, saying "I took over a suicide mission."

The former Bayern Munich, Germany and U.S. men's national team coach confirmed his departure in a statement posted on his Facebook page and said he will remain at the club in a supervisory role.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Summer transfers that will happen: Pogba, Aubameyang and more

Dortmund win January transfer window in Europe; Atletico in trouble?

Liverpool look mint fresh in new training kit on return from winter break
"I took over a suicide mission," Klinsmann told Bild. "Only in one match, we did not get what I hoped for. The coaching staff managed to stabilize the team and get it away from the relegation ranks.

"From my understanding, a coach should have the full sporting responsibility, just like the English model. And, thus, also over transfers. This gives the position more power. The last few weeks cost too much energy spent with side issues. If I am responsible for the team as a coach, I want to put all my energy into working with the squad."

Those quotes followed his earlier statement on Facebook, in which he said: "I would like to say a big thank you to all players, fans, spectators, staff and my colleagues at Hertha Berlin for the support, the many meetings and the talks over the past ten weeks. It was an incredibly exciting time for me with many new interesting insights. The club and the city have grown on me even more.

"In late November, we followed the request of the club leadership with a highly competent team and helped out during a difficult time. Within a relatively short period of time we set out on a good path. Also because of the support of many people we put six points between us and the relegation playoff place despite mostly difficult games.

"I am more than convinced that Hertha will reach its goal to stay up. But for this job, which is not done yet, as the head coach I need the trust of the acting persons. Especially in a relegation battle unity, team spirit and focus on the basics are the most important elements. If they are not guaranteed, I can't live up to my potential as a head coach and fulfil my responsibility.

"That's why, after long consideration, I have come to the conclusion that I will leave my post as the Hertha Berlin head coach and return to my initial long-term task as a member of the supervisory board. The supporters, the players and staff have grown dear to me in this time and that's why I will continue to cheer for Hertha.

"I continue to look forward to the many encounters with you in the city or in the stadium."

Sources close to Klinsmann told ESPN last week that he felt unnerved by what he thought was a lack of support over a coaching license issue in January.

Having not coached in Germany since his dismissal at Bayern Munich in early 2009, Klinsmann had not renewed his license, which is required every three years in Germany. He had to provide documents as proof of continuing education to have his license renewed in time for the Bayern Munich home match, Hertha's first game of 2020.

Jurgen Klinsmann lasted just 76 days in charge of Hertha Berlin. Andreas Gora/Picture Alliance via Getty Images
Hertha cancelled Tuesday's scheduled news conference with Alexander Nouri, one of Klinsmann's assistant coaches, as the players trained ahead of the trip to Paderborn on Saturday.

"We were all in the meeting room and the players thought it was the meeting after the game against Mainz, but instead he said he won't be our coach anymore," midfielder Marko Grujic, on loan from Liverpool, told reporters.

"Strange news this morning. We are all a little bit confused. After the match we received the information that we won't train for two days to clear our heads. Because it was far from good on Saturday."

"It's a great shock," defender Dedryck Boyata added.

Winger Javairo Dilrosun called Klinsmann's departure a "great loss" for the club.

He said: "He was a great personality. Now, there's chaos here. And we need to win on Saturday to calm things down."

"We were surprised by the developments this morning. Especially after such a trustful cooperation during the intense winter transfer period, there were no signs at all for this," Michael Preetz, Hertha Berlin's sporting executive, said.

"We will inform about the further developments at a given time."

He added that Nouri will take charge of the club on an interim basis.

Klinsmann, 55, was appointed by Hertha on Nov. 26, 2019, and won just three of his 10 matches in charge, losing four and drawing three.

Hertha are 14th in the Bundesliga, six points off the relegation places. In January, they signed Krzysztof Piatek from AC Milan; sources told ESPN the striker cost a fee in the region of €27 million -- a club record.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JURGEN KLINSMANN REMINDS ME OF SUNDAY OLISEH

Post by Cmoke »

If you know Klinsmann's history you will know that the bobo insists on control. Go ask US Soccer. He turned them down several times until their head coaching offer involved giving up lots of control to Klinsmann.

Cmoke
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

He played in Germany and should know how they work over there. Why did he accept the job in the first place?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

balo wrote:He played in Germany and should know how they work over there. Why did he accept the job in the first place?
I asked the exact same question about Sunday Oliseh after he quit the Nigeria job.

To me, at the core, these guys are weird dudes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Is this thread about klinsman or Oliseh?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Is this thread about klinsman or Oliseh?
remarkable! smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:
balo wrote:He played in Germany and should know how they work over there. Why did he accept the job in the first place?
I asked the exact same question about Sunday Oliseh after he quit the Nigeria job.

...Klinsmann been away from Germany for a long time, he is American.
Oliseh been away from Nigeria for a long time, I bet he is a resident/citizen of where he is now.
This like after many years abroad one would go back ti naija to dictate things for office co-workers, unless you are prepared to kiss-asses and dole out money.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Is this thread about klinsman or Oliseh?
remarkable! smh
Anyway to circumvent posting rules i guess. Mods must be asleep.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

deanotito wrote:

Just because someone doesn't fit into what people in general classify as normal doesn't necessarily make them weird. Thank God for weird dudes throughout history.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

cchinukw wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Just because someone doesn't fit into what people in general classify as normal doesn't necessarily make them weird. Thank God for weird dudes throughout history.

Lot more weird dudes end up as misfits than successes ...even in soccer. You need to adapt or you’ll be left out. Every once in a while, weird works. But most of the time, it doesn’t. You end up fired. Like them