Is Tribalism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Is Tribalism

Post by 1naija »

..behind the blacklash against Yobo's appointment?

What coaching certificate did Salisu Yusuf, ike shorunmu, Alloy Agu, or Imama Amapakabo have to qualify them to be Super Eagles Assistant coaches? How come not one of you has ever questioned their qualification to be assistant coaches? Where is the NFF rule that says a SE Assistant coach must have a European coaching license? You all should be ashamed of yourselves. All of you criticizing Yobo are doing so for tribal reasons. Tell me how any of the above mentioned coaches are more qualified than the most capped Nigerian player ever. A former captain that led Nigeria to 2 World cups and played in 4 World cups. A player that won the ANC for Nigeria, and has Global football experience more than any Nigeria player ever? Shame on you all!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Is Tribalism

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:..behind the blacklash against Yobo's appointment?

What coaching certificate did Salisu Yusuf, ike shorunmu, Alloy Agu, or Imama Amapakabo have to qualify them to be Super Eagles Assistant coaches? How come not one of you has ever questioned their qualification to be assistant coaches? Where is the NFF rule that says a SE Assistant coach must have a European coaching license? You all should be ashamed of yourselves. All of you criticizing Yobo are doing so for tribal reasons. Tell me how any of the above mentioned coaches are more qualified than the most capped Nigerian player ever. A former captain that led Nigeria to 2 World cups and played in 4 World cups. A player that won the ANC for Nigeria, and has Global football experience more than any Nigeria player ever? Shame on you all!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief, Imama took Enugu Rangers to claim the NPFL title in 2016, the first time in over 30 years.
That one I know.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:

Chief, Imama took Enugu Rangers to claim the NPFL title in 2016, the first time in over 30 years.
That one I know.
Uncle, that's not the question I asked. Which is better experience to help our players? Taking Enugu rangers to claim NPFL or leading Nigeria to several WC appearances, and leading Nigeria to ANC? Dong forget playing in all major competitions in Europe, and having over 10 years experience playing at high level in Europe? Who do you think Ndidi, Ekong, Awaziem, Aina, Etebo, etx will listen to better?

Besides, my question was, what European coaching license do they have?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:rotf: :rotf: @ the title .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The appointment of Yobo as SE assistant coach is a step in the right direction. He will bring his vast experience to the squad and will offer more than the clueless Imama, who failed at every national team assignment given to him.
I am happy
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

What are you talking about? An assistant coach for the super Eagles should either have an experience as a coach or professionally licenced to coach. The people you listed above as your examples were either coaches of Nigerian club teams prior to their appointment or mere keeper trainers. I have searched all over the internet to see where Yobo attended any coaching course or where he was attached as a team official but found none. Maybe someone should help me here. This emotional and sentimental outbursts will not help. Being a good player in one's days is simply not enough to be qualified as a coach!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ahidjo2 wrote:

What are you talking about? An assistant coach for the super Eagles should either have an experience as a coach or professionally licenced to coach. The people you listed above as your examples were either coaches of Nigerian club teams prior to their appointment or mere keeper trainers. I have searched all over the internet to see where Yobo attended any coaching course or where he was attached as a team official but found none. Maybe someone should help me here. This emotional and sentimental outbursts will not help. Being a good player in one's days is simply not enough to be qualified as a coach!
rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ahidjo2 wrote:

Why are you searching the internet for Yobo's certificate? Is that where they keep assistant coaches coaching certificates? Instead of your own emotional outburst to cover your real reasons for questioning his qualification, why didnt you use your expert internet searching skills to search for the coaching certificates of the prior assistant coaches I listed?. Or better yet show us the required qualification for Assistant coach position of the Super Eagles of Nigeria to show that the other coaches met the qualification, and Yobo doesn't? Mscheew, abeg gerrarahia!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Imama and Salisu Yusuf coached NPFL teams which performed well prior to being appointed as national team coaches so I would say their appointments were on merit. It's a pity Salisu was caught taking bribes as he is certainly one of the more accomplished and experienced local coaches we have.

Shorunmu and Agu are experienced ex-internationals and also had decent club careers in Europe. In some cases you can overlook coaching experience when someone has playing experience. Particularly for an assistant coaching position if you see the person in question has potential to develop into a good coach.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

olu wrote:Imama and Salisu Yusuf coached NPFL teams which performed well prior to being appointed as national team coaches so I would say their appointments were on merit. It's a pity Salisu was caught taking bribes as he is certainly one of the more accomplished and experienced local coaches we have.

Shorunmu and Agu are experienced ex-internationals and also had decent club careers in Europe. In some cases you can overlook coaching experience when someone has playing experience. Particularly for an assistant coaching position if you see the person in question has potential to develop into a good coach.
In other words Agu and Ike had similar experience as Yobo has when they were hired, and Imana and Salisu do not have European coaching certificates either? My point exactly.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

1naija wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:

Why are you searching the internet for Yobo's certificate? Is that where they keep assistant coaches coaching certificates? Instead of your own emotional outburst to cover your real reasons for questioning his qualification, why didnt you use your expert internet searching skills to search for the coaching certificates of the prior assistant coaches I listed?. Or better yet show us the required qualification for Assistant coach position of the Super Eagles of Nigeria to show that the other coaches met the qualification, and Yobo doesn't? Mscheew, abeg gerrarahia!
The point is: Anyone that does not have the needed coaching certification nor the requisite coaching experience should not be allowed to be a coach or an assistant coach especially for the national team. The super Eagles should not be the place to learn coaching. That others in similar positions got the same job should not be an excuse. There should be set standards that must be adhered to. Again, the names you mentioned had prior coaching experiences. The rest were mere trainers. If Yobo had any coaching certificate, please show us the evidence. If he had any coaching experience, please share with us, else continue with your emotional ride...
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

1naija wrote:
olu wrote:Imama and Salisu Yusuf coached NPFL teams which performed well prior to being appointed as national team coaches so I would say their appointments were on merit. It's a pity Salisu was caught taking bribes as he is certainly one of the more accomplished and experienced local coaches we have.

In other words Agu and Ike had similar experience as Yobo has when they were hired, and Imana and Salisu do not have European coaching certificates either? My point exactly.
Ike and Agu were goalkeeper trainers. That is not the issue here. It has been the standard to appoint ex goalkeepers as keeper trainers but an assistant coach should be well qualified to take over from the coach should the need arise.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ahidjo2 wrote:
1naija wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:

The point is: Anyone that does not have the needed coaching certification nor the requisite coaching experience should not be allowed to be a coach or an assistant coach especially for the national team. The super Eagles should not be the place to learn coaching. That others in similar positions got the same job should not be an excuse. There should be set standards that must be adhered to. Again, the names you mentioned had prior coaching experiences. The rest were mere trainers. If Yobo had any coaching certificate, please show us the evidence. If he had any coaching experience, please share with us, else continue with your emotional ride...
You are barking rubbish. It's not you that decide what the qualification for the Super Eagles Assistant coach position should be. What you should do instead of talking nonsense is post the NFFs requirement for the position as well as the coaching certificates of the other coaches listed above. Anything else is rubbish and confirmation of my original theory.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Yes. I agree
1naija wrote:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Unku, I sorta see your point, but wetin be "tribalism"? By the way both Imama and Yobo na Rivers' boys.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Yes I am a Tribalist! using the SE assistant coaching position to settle one Creekite from another Creekite should not happen. SE is our pride, and this was a useless appointment that defies all logic. Since when the SE become NDDC? Or is it now an Amnesty Rehabilitation program
For Militants?

I would mobilize 1M Youths to storm and occupy the NFF building until this “settlement” between friends is reversed.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

How much coaching experience does Kolo Toure have to be assistant coach to Brendan Rodgers at Leicester?
An assistant coach, especially with the top level experience of Yobo will adapt easily and learn from Rohr.
I am happy
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dammy wrote:How much coaching experience does Kolo Toure have to be assistant coach to Brendan Rodgers at Leicester?
An assistant coach, especially with the top level experience of Yobo will adapt easily and learn from Rohr.
that one na political appointment, toure doesn't even speak English
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Mods!

So you get a separate thread just by invoking Tribalism?

Cmoke
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

I am no Nigerian but I know from experience that the most successful Naija coach should come from the ethnic group that brings the most players to the national team. History has taught us that you cannot win the W.C with a strange coach. The coach has to understand the local language and culture. Not sure where Yobo is from? Was he the fella who was fishing goals from the net when Naija met the legendary Oliech in Nairobi? I don't like the way he was diving near his own goal. Was that a new Green Eagles trick?
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Emperor Ogolo wrote:

I am no Nigerian but I know from experience that the most successful Naija coach should come from the ethnic group that brings the most players to the national team. History has taught us that you cannot win the W.C with a strange coach. The coach has to understand the local language and culture. Not sure where Yobo is from? Was he the fella who was fishing goals from the net when Naija met the legendary Oliech in Nairobi? I don't like the way he was diving near his own goal. Was that a new Green Eagles trick?
Ogolo don kolo finish. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "