Cyriel Dessers Available/Gets Passport for SE's Next Game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Cyriel Dessers Available/Gets Passport for SE's Next Game

Post by Enugu II »

NFF: Super Eagles new boy to make debut against Sierra Leone
http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail ... =1&client=

President Of The Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has confirmed that Netherlands based Nigerian striker Cyriel Dessers has been cleared by the World Football Governing Body FIFA to represent the Super Eagles.

The 25 year old who was born to a Nigerian mother and Belgian Father opted to represent Nigeria despite being eligible to feature for three countries.

By the virtue of Birth, Nationality and place of work, Dessers could have opted to play for Belgium or Netherlands, but he has now agreed to play for three time African Champions, Nigeria.

He could make his debut as early as March, 27, 2020 when Nigeria host Sierra Leone at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba in a 2021 Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier.

If Dessers gets an invitation, he will either join Victor Osimhen in the attack or come in as a back up for the in form Lille Metropole striker.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Cyriel Dessers Reportedly Available for SE's Next Game..

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fifa authorises Belgian-born striker Cyriel Dessers' switch to Nigeria making him eligible for Super Eagles - See more at: https://bit.ly/2SSf5oF

So Cyriel Desers is finally a Super Eagle after Fifa approved his switch to Nigeria. At six feet one, this boy is considered a conventional targetman and centre forward, so would be great competition for Victor Osimhen for the number nine shirt.

Our forward line is gradually taking shape. I just wish Samuel Kalu would sort out all his issues with Bordeaux and we will be good to go. However, our archiles heel remains the playmaker position, so I would rest a lot easier when the NFF tell us Ovie Ejaria and Ebere Eze and in the bag.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Fifa authorises Belgian-born striker Cyriel Dessers' switch to Nigeria making him eligible for Super Eagles - See more at: https://bit.ly/2SSf5oF

So Cyriel Desers is finally a Super Eagle after Fifa approved his switch to Nigeria. At six feet one, this boy is considered a conventional targetman and centre forward, so would be great competition for Victor Osimhen for the number nine shirt.

Our forward line is gradually taking shape. I just wish Samuel Kalu would sort out all his issues with Bordeaux and we will be good to go. However, our archiles heel remains the playmaker position, so I would rest a lot easier when the NFF tell us Ovie Ejaria and Ebere Eze and in the bag.
Ejuke is ready for selection without the wait.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Fifa authorises Belgian-born striker Cyriel Dessers' switch to Nigeria making him eligible for Super Eagles - See more at: https://bit.ly/2SSf5oF

Shuo?
You've abandoned your boy Nwakali!!!
Weytin happun?
:blink: :blink: :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Welcome on board Dessers, Osimhen will definitely fancy that support and competition... the lad might soon get burned out from the high minutes he logs in at Lille, the other guys behind him like Nacho, Dessers, and Maja are good enough to provide support.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:

Shuo?
Weytin happun?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Such is life O...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:

Shuo?
Weytin happun?
:rotf: He’s not had a clip on YouTube for ages so he’s relevance has slipped down the chart!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

AFCON 2021 qualifiers: I’m ready for Sierra Leone clash– Dessers
Published February 18, 2020

Dutch league goal king confirms availability for Leone Stars tie
Johnny Edward

Heracles Almelo forward Cyriel Dessers has confirmed his availability for the Super Eagles when they face Sierra Leone in a 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba next month, Sports Extra reports.

Dessers is expected to be called up for the game barring any last-minute hitch after he was cleared to play for the three time African champions by Federation International Football Association.

In an exclusive interview with Sports Extra, the 25-year-old revealed that he is prepared for the difficult the competition he will face in the team.

Dessers is currently the top scorer in the Dutch Eredivisie with 14 league goals and five assists.

He is expected to offer Eagles marksman, Victor Osimhen a stiff competition which the likes of Paul Onuachu and Emmanuel Dennis have failed to provide.

“I’m working hard every day at my club and I hope to be in the squad but I understand it’s hard and there’s a lot of competition" Dessers told only Sports Extra.

“I will be ready and eligible to represent the Super Eagles. It will be a great honour of course for my family and friends.

“I made my choice two years ago even before I contacted the Nigeria Football Federation.”
Speaking further, the 25-year-old also revealed his biggest asset which will bring more quality to the team.

“My physicality is one of my strong points and I’m sure I will need to adapt, but I think it won’t be a problem to get used to it. I like hard and fair duels.”

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
https://punchng.com/afcon-2021-qualifie ... h-dessers/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cyriel Dessers Seems More Than Ready To Move To A More Competitive League
By PETER BLUNT
FEBRUARY 14, 2020

If you have not heard the name of Cyriel Dessers, then you actually need to start taking notice of the Dutch Eredivisie more typically. The Heracles forward has actually been among the brightest stars in a league where players from Ajax, PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord tend to get the majority of the attention.

Dessers, nevertheless, has actually taken a long course to end up being appropriate in among Europe’s top second- tier leagues. He bet KSC Lokeren for 2 years prior to signing up with NAC Breda, and he later on relocated to Utrecht following simply one year at his brand-newclub He signed with Heracles throughout the summer season prior to the 2019-20 season, and he is probably going through the very best run of type of his profession.

These last couple of years have actually come out of no place. He just netted 7 objectives for Lokeren in 40 games, however he started to show indications of life at NAC Breda, where he netted 29 objectives and 13 helps in 40matches That approved him a relocate to Utrecht, where he posted 19 objectives and 7 helps in 56 games.

Signing with Heracles has actually put him in an entire brand-new level
These respected seasons have actually sent him to Heracles, where he has actually looked definitely unstoppable. In 25 games, he has 17 objectives and 6 helps in all competitors. The 25- year-old forward has 14 objectives and 5 helps in 22 Eredivisie matches this season, and he likewise includes 3 objectives in 3 Cup getaways. He is balancing one goal per 131 minutes in all competitors to date, and has actually revealed an eager eye for goal regardless of betting among the weakest teams in the Eredivisie.

If required, Dessers can likewise play as a left winger and as an assaulting midfielder. His finest position lies as a centre forward. That’s the function he has actually been satisfying at Heracles and, to this point, it would not be stunning if he gets a call-up to the Belgian national team. He has actually done more than enough to should have a minimum of some factor to consider.

Dessers has actually handled to stick out in a league where assaulters such as Dusan Tadic, Donyell Malen and Hakim Ziyech are the leading entertainers. The 25- year-old forward has actually validated his location as one of the leading Eredivisie scoring hazards with consistency and hard work.

If he ends up moving to a more competitive environment earlier than later on, do not be shocked.
https://asumetech.com/cyriel-dessers-se ... ve-league/
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:

Shuo?
Weytin happun?
You are lucky he didnt mention Chrisantus and Rabiu Ibrahim :lol: :taunt:
YNWA
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Welcome to the SE, finally a non UK born overhyped reject ... trying to use the SE to gain sele
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Welcome to the SE, finally a non UK born overhyped reject ... trying to use the SE to gain sele

The boy has never even been to Nigeria. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Beta pesin!!! Come on Cyriel.

No be some rejects wey people dey say make we give new life to.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

deanotito wrote:Beta pesin!!! Come on Cyriel.

Come oh I no understand ya pidgin English. say again?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

DIMKA76 wrote:
deanotito wrote:Beta pesin!!! Come on Cyriel.

Come oh I no understand ya pidgin English. say again?
Yeah, pidgin dey dey like dat sometimes...better heard than written :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The guy has always been passionate to play for Nigeria, I remember him saying rather unequivocally that he wanted to play for Nigeria so bad during an interview with some TV reporters in Belgium, and that was at the height of his form when he was at the top of the goal chart in the Dutch league, and could have been monitored by the Belgium national team.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Who exactly was he going to bench in the Belgian NT?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:Who exactly was he going to bench in the Belgian NT?
After Lukaku who else is a threat?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tobi17 wrote:The guy has always been passionate to play for Nigeria, I remember him saying rather unequivocally that he wanted to play for Nigeria so bad during an interview with some TV reporters in Belgium, and that was at the height of his form when he was at the top of the goal chart in the Dutch league, and could have been monitored by the Belgium national team.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Correct Guy!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I hope this report is true.

More quality for the Eagles. :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:Who exactly was he going to bench in the Belgian NT?
Are you saying he STRONGLY chose us because he won't 'bench' anyone in the Belgian team? Just asking, bro
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I just watched his highlights in YouTube and personally, I dont think that he is better than Osimehn or iheanacho. however, he might be a good bench option to those 2 forwards he dosen't even look as good as Josh maja on youtube highlights. this is exactly why I don't like SE boys at BACKWATER clubs/leagues because I dont know how to judge them
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:I just watched his highlights in YouTube and personally, I dont think that he is better than Osimehn or iheanacho. however, he might be a good bench option to those 2 forwards he dosen't even look as good as Josh maja on youtube highlights. this is exactly why I don't like SE boys at BACKWATER clubs/leagues because I dont know how to judge them

I believe Celta Vigo wanted to sign him during the transfer window but Heracles put a high price tag on him.

He will most likely leave for a bigger club in the summer.

On current form Dessers is ahead of Iheanacho.

Iheanacho has proven nothing in club football although he had a hot streak for SE which soon fizzled out.

Osihmen has been top of scoring charts in France.

Dessers has done the same in Holland

Ighalo was once near the top of the Premiership