The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Who dya give MOTM?

PEPE

Dani

Saka?

I’d split it three ways. All three lads were immense.
Saka should take it,Pepe was expecting him to be playing well,Dani is good no doubt expect him to show such display against mid table team.
Saka got it and well deserved too
The boy was good
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:cchinukwu come and defend your master...

Ian Wright slams Emery: "Under the old manager it was like a regime, it wasn't very enjoyable, they didn't know where they were going, there wasn't a lot of direction in what they were doing. And when you hear the quotes from Unai Emery, delusional comments if you ask me.
Bros relax,Emery was not a good coach but try to blame him when Arteta has not actually improved our standing position.We have had alot of draw recently tha would have put us in a better position.Lets hope Arteta can finish in top 5 and get us to Europa final .
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

azuka wrote:
Cally wrote:Well played, boys and coach!

Special mention to Dani Ceballos, Saka, Ozil.

What a lovely game. Onwards we March.
Abeg special mention to everybody in the team: on the pitch, on the bench coaches and staff inclusive and above all the fans.
:clap: :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Matteo Guendouzi was left out of Arsenal’s squad to face Newcastle after a heated row with Mikel Arteta & members of his coaching staff during the club’s winter training camp in Dubai. [Telegraph] #afc

Sources claim the Gunners boss was unhappy with Guendouzi's attitude during the club's recent winter break training camp in Dubai - and his withdrawal from the match-day squad for the game against Steve Bruce's men was the end result

Arsenal star Matteo Guendouzi is fighting for his Gunners future after being axed by coach Mikel Arteta for win over Newcastle.
@SamiMokbel

Arteta is not afraid to be blunt and he and his coaching staff were unimpressed with Guendouzi’s attitude and body language in Dubai, leading to their angry exchange

The 20-year-old is understood to have clashed with Arteta on the training pitch before the argument continued at the team hotel later that evening.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

There were 35 passes in the build-up to Mesut Özil’s goal against Newcastle, the most for any goal in the Premier League this season, with all 11 players involved in the move.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

ojafranpa wrote:There were 35 passes in the build-up to Mesut Özil’s goal against Newcastle, the most for any goal in the Premier League this season, with all 11 players involved in the move.
:clap: :clap: Befitting that Ozil (the most unselfish) attacking player I have ever seen play the game score the goal. :clap: :clap:
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
azuka wrote:
bk-one wrote:I am not sure Arteta is going to last at arsenal even if results turn for the better. His latest statement that arsenal is far behind their rivals and should do more won't resonate with the PR obsessed kroenke's regime where repeating same talking points about competing and winning titles now is more important than the actual process of working to build a team capable of actually competing. What he actually did was contradict Josh Kroenke's statement that arsenal is capable of fighting for titles now and they have the human resources to do so.
Same here too on the bold part but for a different reason than yours. If the results improve at Arsenal as i expect them to, Arteta would have proven himself as the real heir to Pep at Man City. Expect Man City to come calling with an offer MA will find extremely hard to resist.
I am of the belief that if/when results start improving Arteta will try to use his improved position to leverage what he can get from the board but he will hit a brick wall.... then we going to hear statements from either Josh or Raul that the improved results shows that arsenal can compete with their rivals without any cash injections.

By reminding fans that when it comes spendings that is the remit of both Josh/Raul e.t.c, he is brilliantly reminding fans who should take the blame when the club refuse to improve the squad. Its not a coincidence that afterwards he stated that the squad needs improvements in order to compete with rivals.

The link below is an example of the mess the Kroenke's have created at arsenal.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-21506229

Buzz words over action...... Apparently they kept on talking about the arsenal way and none of them couldn't explain what the so called arsenal way meant.
Remember what I mentioned here all those weeks ago about cost cutting and the staff that left our youth set up for other top clubs after Wenger left. Wenger's work with the Academy has left us with a real future built on our youth players, so it was sad to see this work dismantled recklessly as parents took the children and left with staff.

Arteta has actually come in at the right time because the hubris of those who messed up were brutally exposed as the club was sinking. The effect is he has reversed a lot of their decisions, in effect he has brought back Wenger systems as the foundations to stabilise for his changes.

Arteta is on a position of strength and results in trying circumstances has seen his respect and reputation grow. He has used his position very well, even refusing Kia Joorabchian impose that crap PSG player on him. His recent disciplining of Martinelli is another proof of Arteta imposing his control as boss.

The bottomline is Arteta took over at a difficult time with hardly any time for extra training sessions but got the team to be difficult to beat. Indeed, the only game he lost is the Ref costing us against Chelsea. He finally had time with his players and we saw how it makes such a difference.

With City thrown out of the CL, the possibility of CL football next season is real again. Our players have no excuses they must be in the CL next season.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:Matteo Guendouzi was left out of Arsenal’s squad to face Newcastle after a heated row with Mikel Arteta & members of his coaching staff during the club’s winter training camp in Dubai. [Telegraph] #afc

Sources claim the Gunners boss was unhappy with Guendouzi's attitude during the club's recent winter break training camp in Dubai - and his withdrawal from the match-day squad for the game against Steve Bruce's men was the end result

Arsenal star Matteo Guendouzi is fighting for his Gunners future after being axed by coach Mikel Arteta for win over Newcastle.
@SamiMokbel

Arteta is not afraid to be blunt and he and his coaching staff were unimpressed with Guendouzi’s attitude and body language in Dubai, leading to their angry exchange

The 20-year-old is understood to have clashed with Arteta on the training pitch before the argument continued at the team hotel later that evening.
He is not the only one in problems with the club. Martinelli had issues too but I hear that has been sorted.

Guendouzi has to learn discipline in his private life and on the pitch if he wants to succeed. I have read of his nightlife escapades from Arsenal fans in other public forums. He is heading the direction of Chamakh, Yassin Fortune, Alliadiere etc. Someone needs to get a grip quick, or else he will throw it all away. London is a grave yard for many a football career, the honey traps are numerous and the road to destruction is straight and narrow.

My nephew who came from Naija during the Christmas holidays. told me of his chat with him in a London nightclub. This was 36 hours before our next game in the busy Xmas period. That same night, the Manchester United players were clubbing in London after a big win at Old Trafford.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Remember what I mentioned here all those weeks ago about cost cutting and the staff that left our youth set up for other top clubs after Wenger left. Wenger's work with the Academy has left us with a real future built on our youth players, so it was sad to see this work dismantled recklessly as parents took the children and left with staff.

Is this what you are referring to
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ojafranpa wrote:Matteo Guendouzi was left out of Arsenal’s squad to face Newcastle after a heated row with Mikel Arteta & members of his coaching staff during the club’s winter training camp in Dubai. [Telegraph] #afc

@SamiMokbel

since when did Guendouzi become a star?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsene Wenger dismisses Unai Emery's assertion that Arsenal 'were in decline' : 'In 2017 we made 75 points and won the FA Cup so you cannot say that [Arsenal were in decline] and the year before [2016] we finished second in the league"

"2018 was my last year but it is very difficult to come out on that. Arsenal is a club that is in a very strong position financially. It has good players, after that when you are a manager you have to stand up for what you do and your result and not look around you.

Chai... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Total knockout on Mr Good Ebening.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
azuka wrote:
bk-one wrote:I am not sure Arteta is going to last at arsenal even if results turn for the better. His latest statement that arsenal is far behind their rivals and should do more won't resonate with the PR obsessed kroenke's regime where repeating same talking points about competing and winning titles now is more important than the actual process of working to build a team capable of actually competing. What he actually did was contradict Josh Kroenke's statement that arsenal is capable of fighting for titles now and they have the human resources to do so.
Same here too on the bold part but for a different reason than yours. If the results improve at Arsenal as i expect them to, Arteta would have proven himself as the real heir to Pep at Man City. Expect Man City to come calling with an offer MA will find extremely hard to resist.
I am of the belief that if/when results start improving Arteta will try to use his improved position to leverage what he can get from the board but he will hit a brick wall.... then we going to hear statements from either Josh or Raul that the improved results shows that arsenal can compete with their rivals without any cash injections.

By reminding fans that when it comes spendings that is the remit of both Josh/Raul e.t.c, he is brilliantly reminding fans who should take the blame when the club refuse to improve the squad. Its not a coincidence that afterwards he stated that the squad needs improvements in order to compete with rivals.

The link below is an example of the mess the Kroenke's have created at arsenal.

Buzz words over action...... Apparently they kept on talking about the arsenal way and none of them couldn't explain what the so called arsenal way meant.

Arteta has actually come in at the right time because the hubris of those who messed up were brutally exposed as the club was sinking. The effect is he has reversed a lot of their decisions, in effect he has brought back Wenger systems as the foundations to stabilise for his changes.

Arteta is on a position of strength and results in trying circumstances has seen his respect and reputation grow. He has used his position very well, even refusing Kia Joorabchian impose that crap PSG player on him. His recent disciplining of Martinelli is another proof of Arteta imposing his control as boss.

The bottomline is Arteta took over at a difficult time with hardly any time for extra training sessions but got the team to be difficult to beat. Indeed, the only game he lost is the Ref costing us against Chelsea. He finally had time with his players and we saw how it makes such a difference.

With City thrown out of the CL, the possibility of CL football next season is real again. Our players have no excuses they must be in the CL next season.
Only the comedy act of Raul and Stan will do staff like that. Cost cutting measures when you are supposed to be doing the opposite.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

3pts at a time. Next 2 matches will be tough - playing Neverton after a Europa match. We're at our best if we play high tempo based on quick passes - very important.
Playing a Toon team that sits deep looking to counter, Ceballos was a good call but against more attacking midfield teams - gotta play Lucas cos we need that ball winner in there.
nice to see Pepe simplifying his game - pass & move - can't dribble always.
Thursday!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Arsenal need 2 be careful with Bukayo Saka. Can’t confirm it but there R rumors his agent is the one who represents Sancho. So poachers like Dortmund who love buying young players at a snip and then bank rolling their next budget for the next four years with a mega sell on, Will be actively interested.
Also heard that Bayern is circling. Jeez!
Not worried about the likes of Liverpool or United, but the foreign teams in Germany R noted poachers.
Just pay up Arsenal!
It should never have come 2 this!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:

Ian Wright slams Emery: "Under the old manager it was like a regime, it wasn't very enjoyable, they didn't know where they were going, there wasn't a lot of direction in what they were doing. And when you hear the quotes from Unai Emery, delusional comments if you ask me.
Bros relax,Emery was not a good coach but try to blame him when Arteta has not actually improved our standing position.We have had alot of draw recently tha would have put us in a better position.Lets hope Arteta can finish in top 5 and get us to Europa final .
Ojafranpa, I am not hostage to any manager. My rant is merely for us to be balanced.

I have admitted if you go back a few posts that Emery nearly sent us down. I hold him PARTLY responsible. However under that same tenure the likes of Saka, Laca, Auba, Guendo and Leno managed to thrive. I have highlighted a brief spell of an unbeaten run and even plaininh in our first international competition final.

All these cannot just be overlooked by simply blanketing Emery a failure without taking other indicators into consideration.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

@SamiMokbel

Guendo is a boss. We need his character. I see him captaining Arsenal in a few seasons if we manage to keep him. I hope we do or he is off. And make no mistake, the eagles will he circling to pounce.

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

@SamiMokbel

I wonder oh...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:

Is this what you are referring to
Yep. At least someone internal is giving his view about what has happened at the youth set up. But there is more from the naive dunces who now run the club.

I talked about Arteta returning and asking the analytics team that remained where the cameras at the stadium and training ground had gone?

Apparently Josh Kroenke's cost cutting saw some analytics cameras taken off. Arteta asked for the cameras using City as an example of them having the very latest equipment that had censors in the balls they used in training plus the sensors on the players to go with the cameras. Arsenal's system of analytics needed upgrading.

The word is, Josh Kroenke was advised as which cameras to remove, but everyone knows the use of analytics is not just for your players every team now has analytics cameras to monitor every opposition on match day, here is Arsenal cost cutting and losing valuable data on the opposition. That's how stupid and naive the people who run Arsenal now are.

Arteta is making changes but those who run the club are complete id1ots, so I see no reason to be completely optimistic at present. Yes, we have a chance of CL football but I am not hopeful with this team. Josh needs his puppets, Arteta has to play this clever to get what he wants.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:Arsenal need 2 be careful with Bukayo Saka. Can’t confirm it but there R rumors his agent is the one who represents Sancho. So poachers like Dortmund who love buying young players at a snip and then bank rolling their next budget for the next four years with a mega sell on, Will be actively interested.
Not worried about the likes of Liverpool or United, but the foreign teams in Germany R noted poachers.
Just pay up Arsenal!
Jason is a North London boy like Saka, these boys all grew up together. As for Arsenal, it is up to the new team in charge to sort the contract. They have no loyalty to the team except Freddie because all of those who coached and guided them are all gone. What I have heard, Arsenal are preparing a 5 year contract and his Agent is obviously positioning his client for the best deal.

Saka is a Gooner, but a friend who knows the family says, their loyalty was to Wenger, they kept him at Arsenal despite interest from Chelsea because of Wenger. The kid is a Gooner but in the final analysis, if the club does not offer him a good deal, he walks.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Arsenal need 2 be careful with Bukayo Saka. Can’t confirm it but there R rumors his agent is the one who represents Sancho. So poachers like Dortmund who love buying young players at a snip and then bank rolling their next budget for the next four years with a mega sell on, Will be actively interested.
Just pay up Arsenal!
Jason is a North London boy like Saka, these boys all grew up together. As for Arsenal, it is up to the new team in charge to sort the contract. They have no loyalty to the team except Freddie because all of those who coached and guided them are all gone. What I have heard, Arsenal are preparing a 5 year contract and his Agent is obviously positioning his client for the best deal.

Saka is a Gooner, but a friend who knows the family says, their loyalty was to Wenger, they kept him at Arsenal despite interest from Chelsea because of Wenger. The kid is a Gooner but in the final analysis, if the club does not offer him a good deal, he walks.
Sancho is from South.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

@SamiMokbel

Guendo is a boss. We need his character. I see him captaining Arsenal in a few seasons if we manage to keep him. I hope we do or he is off. And make no mistake, the eagles will he circling to pounce.
which boss? abegi. If he doesnt cut down his partying and taking 20 touches as if he is King Kanu, he might end up leaving Arsenal for the likes of Stoke.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Ojafranpa, I am not hostage to any manager. My rant is merely for us to be balanced.

I have admitted if you go back a few posts that Emery nearly sent us down. I hold him PARTLY responsible. However under that same tenure the likes of Saka, Laca, Auba, Guendo and Leno managed to thrive. I have highlighted a brief spell of an unbeaten run and even plaininh in our first international competition final.

All these cannot just be overlooked by simply blanketing Emery a failure without taking other indicators into consideration.
Oga so simple he is a failure. Look at his comments after he was sacked is that the kind of man you will defend? a sore loser.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

@SamiMokbel

which boss? abegi. If he doesnt cut down his partying and taking 20 touches as if he is King Kanu, he might end up leaving Arsenal for the likes of Stoke.
Chief, sometimes we forget he is merely 20 years old.

Na so we go dey make shakara. When him come vex leave he will now cost like 60 million for release clause years down the line.

Omelele. Biko :evil: