The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by cchinukw »

ojafranpa wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:cchinukwu come and defend your master...

Ian Wright slams Emery: "Under the old manager it was like a regime, it wasn't very enjoyable, they didn't know where they were going, there wasn't a lot of direction in what they were doing. And when you hear the quotes from Unai Emery, delusional comments if you ask me.
Bros relax,Emery was not a good coach but try to blame him when Arteta has not actually improved our standing position.We have had alot of draw recently tha would have put us in a better position.Lets hope Arteta can finish in top 5 and get us to Europa final .
Ojafranpa, I am not hostage to any manager. My rant is merely for us to be balanced.

I have admitted if you go back a few posts that Emery nearly sent us down. I hold him PARTLY responsible. However under that same tenure the likes of Saka, Laca, Auba, Guendo and Leno managed to thrive. I have highlighted a brief spell of an unbeaten run and even plaininh in our first international competition final.

All these cannot just be overlooked by simply blanketing Emery a failure without taking other indicators into consideration.
Oga so simple he is a failure. Look at his comments after he was sacked is that the kind of man you will defend? a sore loser.
On the face of it - yes.

A deeper analysis shows he had a limited skillset to deal with both the premier league and overpaid , over pampered players who could not get the basics right.

Look at the first 30 mins of yesterday's match as an example.

Lest we forget, we are still on 10th.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Ian Wright slams Emery: "Under the old manager it was like a regime, it wasn't very enjoyable, they didn't know where they were going, there wasn't a lot of direction in what they were doing. And when you hear the quotes from Unai Emery, delusional comments if you ask me.
Bros relax,Emery was not a good coach but try to blame him when Arteta has not actually improved our standing position.We have had alot of draw recently tha would have put us in a better position.Lets hope Arteta can finish in top 5 and get us to Europa final .
Ojafranpa, I am not hostage to any manager. My rant is merely for us to be balanced.

I have admitted if you go back a few posts that Emery nearly sent us down. I hold him PARTLY responsible. However under that same tenure the likes of Saka, Laca, Auba, Guendo and Leno managed to thrive. I have highlighted a brief spell of an unbeaten run and even plaininh in our first international competition final.

All these cannot just be overlooked by simply blanketing Emery a failure without taking other indicators into consideration.
Why do you guys keep highlighting this statistics that is so damaging to Emery? An unbeaten run where Emery's Arsenal never led in the 1st half? yes go back and crosscheck.
Didn't some of us point it out to you guys during that run that Emery isn't it? Didn't you guys call us names? Some even said we were Anti-Emery Mob. 12 months later una eye no clear?
Unbeaten run my foot? Emery's Arsenal could have gone on a 38 match unbeaten run in a season and at the end of the season we come out dry-handed and possibly fighting relegation too.
And can we please close this Emery chapter. He's simply a bad dream that we all had.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Why do you guys keep highlighting this statistics that is so damaging to Emery? An unbeaten run where Emery's Arsenal never led in the 1st half? yes go back and crosscheck.
Didn't some of us point it out to you guys during that run that Emery isn't it? Didn't you guys call us names? Some even said we were Anti-Emery Mob. 12 months later una eye no clear?
Unbeaten run my foot? Emery's Arsenal could have gone on a 38 match unbeaten run in a season and at the end of the season we come out dry-handed and possibly fighting relegation too.
And can we please close this Emery chapter. He's simply a bad dream that we all had.
Azuka, you must be mistaken with your 'you guys' label o.

I am by and large non committal and on Emery called him out once we started to falter.

I don't care who is in charge as long as we get results and for the period we got great results, I am grateful to Emery for holding fort.

Obviously, the seat got too hot and was not helped by players we had in the team like Herr Mesut Ozil.

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Azuka, you must be mistaken with your 'you guys' label o.

I am by and large non committal and on Emery called him out once we started to falter.

I don't care who is in charge as long as we get results and for the period we got great results, I am grateful to Emery for holding fort.

Obviously, the seat got too hot and was not helped by players we had in the team like Herr Mesut Ozil.
Nobody helped Emery. He simply came to Arsenal as a damaged good suffering from Neymar's hangover.
Last edited by azuka on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kalani JR wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Arsenal need 2 be careful with Bukayo Saka. Can’t confirm it but there R rumors his agent is the one who represents Sancho. So poachers like Dortmund who love buying young players at a snip and then bank rolling their next budget for the next four years with a mega sell on, Will be actively interested.
Also heard that Bayern is circling. Jeez!
Not worried about the likes of Liverpool or United, but the foreign teams in Germany R noted poachers.
Just pay up Arsenal!
It should never have come 2 this!
Jason is a North London boy like Saka, these boys all grew up together. As for Arsenal, it is up to the new team in charge to sort the contract. They have no loyalty to the team except Freddie because all of those who coached and guided them are all gone. What I have heard, Arsenal are preparing a 5 year contract and his Agent is obviously positioning his client for the best deal.

Saka is a Gooner, but a friend who knows the family says, their loyalty was to Wenger, they kept him at Arsenal despite interest from Chelsea because of Wenger. The kid is a Gooner but in the final analysis, if the club does not offer him a good deal, he walks.
Sancho is from South.
Sorry, my bad. I meant football wise he is North London.

Sancho was at Watford's academy and he cut his football teeth in North London.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Easy to blame Emery, and he must take responsibility for his part, however those behind him did not help him. For starters, they sold players he wanted to keep, and bought players he did not want.

Arteta has kicked back against this and has already shown he will have the final say on any player coming or leaving.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:Easy to blame Emery, and he must take responsibility for his part, however those behind him did not help him. For starters, they sold players he wanted to keep, and bought players he did not want.

Arteta has kicked back against this and has already shown he will have the final say on any player coming or leaving.
If Arteta a newbie in management can hold his ground on this then it is my fault Emery can't right? I guess Suarez was also forced down his throat right?
Off here you and I chatted on his lack of plan A and reliance on plan B. Told you he will eventually be found out. And when he was you admitted it came too early in his reign.
I guess it's those in the background's fault that he's now running his mouth? The way he ran his mouth after PSG? No wonder Wrighty called him delusional.
Forget results for a moment. Will say you not seeing progress with Arteta's Arsenal? Both in tactics and positioning on the pitch. I remember after been beating by Liverpool I questioned Emery's tactics here and someone told me how a team defends corner kicks is not part of a coach's tactics for a match.
Now we seeing and knowing better.
Abeg please you guys should spare us on Emery. Enough said. He's our bad dream that came true.
One thing I give to you though is your insistence that we have non-football people running our club. If we have people who know their football running our club, he would have been fired the day we lost to CP at the Emirates. And spared us the unnecessary headaches
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Easy to blame Emery, and he must take responsibility for his part, however those behind him did not help him. For starters, they sold players he wanted to keep, and bought players he did not want.

If Arteta a newbie in management can hold his ground on this then it is my fault Emery can't right? I guess Suarez was also forced down his throat right?
Off here you and I chatted on his lack of plan A and reliance on plan B. Told you he will eventually be found out. And when he was you admitted it came too early in his reign.
I guess it's those in the background's fault that he's now running his mouth? The way he ran his mouth after PSG? No wonder Wrighty called him delusional.
Forget results for a moment. Will say you not seeing progress with Arteta's Arsenal? Both in tactics and positioning on the pitch. I remember after been beating by Liverpool I questioned Emery's tactics here and someone told me how a team defends corner kicks is not part of a coach's tactics for a match.
Abeg please you guys should spare us on Emery. Enough said. He's our bad dream that came true.
One thing I give to you though is your insistence that we have non-football people running our club. If we have people who know their football running our club, he would have been fired the day we lost to CP at the Emirates. And spared us the unnecessary headaches
—————————————————

Azuka,

Unai is gone. I still don’t get the obsession, but it is what it is. There was nothing wrong with what he said. The fact that people cite a clown like Ian Wright as a credible source, says more about their desperation for attention.
That said, how well do you judge our so called progression under Arteta.
Let’s look @ the Toon game. Many questioned the starting lineup, and 4 good reason.

Ceballos played in the position Arteta would reserve for Xhaka when paired in the middle with LT. So can you please tell me one thing that Xhaka can do better than Ceballos except speak English? So why does the coach substitute Dani and leave a lumbering oaf who was carrying a yellow card?

Did you see Ceballos out on an island, one vs one, against Maximin, the standout Toon player who tortured Bellerin all game long. Not only did he decisively take the ball from him but schooled him tactically and drew the foul.
Imagine if that was Xhaka in the same position? He would have either been dribbled or he would have stupidly picked up a second yellow. So again, I ask why would the coach substitute Ceballos and leave XhKa on the field.
Again, he is more interested in making friends than building a winning culture based on accountability.

This brings me to the question of GUENDO.
Now the young lad, like most players on the team are not stupid.
They see Ozil strolling and contributing zilch 2 the team and still get 2 Start every game.
They see Xhaka curse out fans, fail to Track runners, lose the ball under minimal pressure and still gets to play every minute of every game.
So what example are they setting 4 ‘em? Why would he not be affected?
It’s so easy 2 pile on players when the manager is the one who is supposed 2 set the tone.
Also why is Martinelli being pushed aside to accommodate Nketiah, while Auba is moved to the wing? These are decisions that simply don’t make sense.

He rode his luck against the Toon army even though the score didn’t reflect it (a sitter missed and a shot off the post, and we could have blown another lead).
Same was the case vs Burnley, where we survived by grace, and our coach blamed the uncut GRASS!
So I’m sorry but I see the same old team full of inconsistency, very capable of blowing leads, looking very disjointed 4 large periods of play (even at home) (ask Leeds in the first half) ... but have lucked out due to the profligacy of their opponents. I wonder what happens when Lady Luck runs out.
I’m rooting 4 Hermano Mikel, after all he is from the same region as my mothers side, but I’m still baffled by his Wenger-Like aversion 2 quick substitutions and his fear of certain players on this team.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:

—————————————————

Azuka,

Unai is gone. I still don’t get the obsession, but it is what it is. There was nothing wrong with what he said. The fact that people cite a clown like Ian Wright as a credible source, says more about their desperation for attention.
Let’s look @ the Toon game. Many questioned the starting lineup, and 4 good reason.

Ceballos played in the position Arteta would reserve for Xhaka when paired in the middle with LT. So can you please tell me one thing that Xhaka can do better than Ceballos except speak English? So why does the coach substitute Dani and leave a lumbering oaf who was carrying a yellow card?

Did you see Ceballos out on an island, one vs one, against Maximin, the standout Toon player who tortured Bellerin all game long. Not only did he decisively take the ball from him but schooled him tactically and drew the foul.
Imagine if that was Xhaka in the same position? He would have either been dribbled or he would have stupidly picked up a second yellow. So again, I ask why would the coach substitute Ceballos and leave XhKa on the field.
Again, he is more interested in making friends than building a winning culture based on accountability.

They see Ozil strolling and contributing zilch 2 the team and still get 2 Start every game.
They see Xhaka curse out fans, fail to Track runners, lose the ball under minimal pressure and still gets to play every minute of every game.
It’s so easy 2 pile on players when the manager is the one who is supposed 2 set the tone.
Also why is Martinelli being pushed aside to accommodate Nketiah, while Auba is moved to the wing? These are decisions that simply don’t make sense.

He rode his luck against the Toon army even though the score didn’t reflect it (a sitter missed and a shot off the post, and we could have blown another lead).
Same was the case vs Burnley, where we survived by grace, and our coach blamed the uncut GRASS!
So I’m sorry but I see the same old team full of inconsistency, very capable of blowing leads, looking very disjointed 4 large periods of play (even at home) (ask Leeds in the first half) ... but have lucked out due to the profligacy of their opponents. I wonder what happens when Lady Luck runs out.
I’m rooting 4 Hermano Mikel, after all he is from the same region as my mothers side, but I’m still baffled by his Wenger-Like aversion 2 quick substitutions and his fear of certain players on this team.
First i am not obsessed with Emery. It's you and your group that is and that's what is irritating about it. If you took care to read through my response you could see my irritation seeping through on you and your group's Emery's this and Emery's that. Enough said.

Ian Wright a clown? An Arsenal legend? Wow. Well it's a free world and you are entitled to your opinion. On seeking attention. Well if been bold enough to call out Emery during his unbeaten run and been proven right at the end of the day is seeking attention. I say thank you for the compliments.

As per Arteta's team you must be the only island in the middle of the sea who do not see the progression the team has made. You once alluded to this some weeks back and I went ahead to break it down for you. You never responded after saying you will take the time to respond. So not gonna waste my time rehashing it for you. On a final note on whether there's progression or not, go to the statisticians and ask for stats on the average shots we have been conceding under Arteta compared to what we were conceding under Emery. That's a pointer simple enough.

On Ceballos, the 2nd half of the match says it all on why Arteta started him ahead of Torreira. In the first half his passing was lateral which i believed the coach advised him to change in the 2nd half. As such we saw more quicker forward looking passes from him. As usual you didn't see that i bet. But no according to you Arteta got it all wrong.

As usual you pick on Ozil, who was rated highly in that match. Go check the ratings. To you he's strolling through the match, but to the coach he's playing according to instruction. I guess you haven't noticed how his positioning and playing has changed under Arteta. Next match he plays watch out to see how he moves into that pockets of space left by the opposition players when they press our twin midfield tandem. If you understand that then you will appreciate why Arteta keeps playing him. And you will also understand why Ceballos was played ahead of Torreira and why going forward Arteta might find him a more useful and fruitful partner for Xhaka than Torreirra. Especially maybe in home matches. That's a pointer

On Guendo, there's a hell of a player in there. He simply needs to put his head down and listen to his coach and not be carried away by the flattery of those like you who thinks he has arrived. At twenty he hasn't arrived and not a star. The world is large and out there for him to conquer. And he can only do that by listen to his coach. He has the propensity to hold on to the ball and take that one step too much.

If you question Arteta's selections and decision, i bet you must have been scratching your head at the last World Cup which Frence won playing a non-scoring no 9 in Giroud. I guess you saw no reason for the coach to persist with Giroud even though he wasn't scoring. There's more to football than putting 11 players on. For each player on the pitch the coach has an instruction on what he expects in the overall structure. It's all about lil bits and pieces of a team's play.

Bro there's more to what happens on the pitch than the entertainment.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

Bro, Emery really should be dignified, he should own his mistakes and be quiet. However, I don't think it is fair to blame him for all that went wrong. Emery was the Coach, his brief as a coach stopped with his players and the team. That much he is at fault, but there are other parts of the club that affect the Coach's job, like player sales and recruitment, that are being run by Raul and Josh Kroenke and he had no say with regards to these matters.

True, his recruitment of Suarez did not help him, but this mistake compared to those who wrestled player recruitment for themselves is negligible. Another example I mentioned was the fitness of our players, I remember being asked for proof when I thought the problem was obvious, I pointed to analytics until Luiz admitted they were not fit enough. Emery was not responsible for player fitness, Emery did not cost cut on fitness staff that was costing us games and points. Arteta demanded and got his fitness team into the club, Emery had no such luxuries. Knowing the things I know now, I can't fault him for everything.

Ian Wright is a sycophant, he is all heart and no intelligence, he really is not one to talk when I recall his comments when Emery was there. For me it is cowardly for him to make the comments he is making about the man when he could not do it when he was around.

Wright has the ear of one or two young players, who bother to talk to him, so he had an idea about the situation with Emery, instead he talked the opposite waiting till the man had gone. For example, he knew all the problems Raul and Josh had created for Emery with Ramsey and Ozil, he never once mentioned this instead now he talks unwisely criticising Emery. My bro, we need to be careful with him and his comments.

Why did it take so long to fire Emery? There was the cost element and there was also the realisation by those who contributed to Emery's demise that they were partly responsible and wanted to do all they can to maintain the status quo because it suited them and Emery.

Arteta has improved the team, but speak to anyone at the club including the players, they all talk about how good they are feeling mentally and physically. Look how fit our players are, look at Ozil's and Xhaka's numbers, they are now hitting peak levels. The same applies to all who I know their pesky performance levels. There is also the mental side, Arteta has brought in physcologists with the help of the team doctor to work on the players mental health.

Above all, physically and mentally fit players need system and tactics to perform. Arteta has changed his tactics and playing a system that suits the players talents. The irony is he has reverted to Wenger systems and tactics with his own additions. One thing about Arteta is, unlike Wenger, he does not leave anything to players to sort out themselves, he wants total control and let's the players know with his reactions in the sideline.

Yes, Arteta has made changes that has seen improvements but he has used his position of strength to demand and force these changes behind the scenes and they have helped his changes and improvements on the pitch. The good thing about all of this is, there is still a lot to play for this season.

In the final analysis Emery had us in relegation trouble with no sign of progress in the team, from that point he failed but was it all his fault? I know enough to be fair enough to the man, I will call him and those who were complicit with him for our dreadful season out. I wish he will just be quiet because he does no good for himself when he opens his mouth.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:

—————————————————

Azuka,

On the Toon game. I know Ozil and Xhaka's performances is affecting your brain so your analysis is filled with bias but let's call it as it is.

Every team needs a balance of qualities, our team needs a balance of physicality, runners, passers and dribblers. In an attempt to find a defensive balance, we compromise by losing the dribblers and passers. Eg, we drop Pepe and Ozil despite every stat saying they are integral to every win, when they start, our chances of winning increases exponentially.

Do you remember when Wenger played Arteta and Santi, or the 8 times he played Santi and Xhaka. I remember Wenger starting Santi and Xhaka for the first time against Watford and smashing them 4 at their ground.

The fact is, we have had the same problem since Santi got his injury, we have needed a player centrally to put his foot on the ball and play. It is why Wenger wanted to buy Lemar, everyone at the club knows we are looking for that type of player. We got Ceballos to be this type of player but Emery employed him in a different system with different tactics.

Arteta was not impressed with Ceballos fitness and attitude plus he was injured but credit to the player, he has "worked like a dog", using Arteta's words.

Teams come to shut down Xhaka to stop his supply to Ozil and Pepe from deep. Arsenal do not have much from defence when Sokratis plays and we do not have Monreal and Holding, plus we also lost Iwobi, who progressed the ball into attack best last season. Emery struggled to play out of defence with these handicaps, he tried to use Pepe as a ball progressor like he did Iwobi, it did not work., he tried Guendouzi, Ceballos and Xhaka, it did not work. It did not work because the players did not fit his system.

Arteta has made gradual changes but bringing in Ceballos next to Xhaka caught Bruce by surprise and he never got to grips tactically. With Ceballos and Xhaka, we had two outlets from central midfield to break the lines. We also have Luiz and Mustafi who can pass a ball to break the lines too.

Suddenly, closing down Arsenal becomes very difficult especially when one of your pivots goes into the space between the two defensive banks of four, leaving the number 10 to run intelligently into spaces, freeing himself to hurt the opposition.

There is no luck to this planning and tactics that earned a comprehensive victory against a team that had the least of the ball in the league but with the most points. I know, Arteta building his team around Ozil dey pain you, but we can all see the difference it makes. Notice his goal, he started it at our end of the pitch and finished it off, he was still full of running at 90 minutes. Do you want the stats for his physical efforts? :taunt:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

On the Toon game. I know Ozil and Xhaka's performances is affecting your brain so your analysis is filled with bias but let's call it as it is.
I actually enjoy discussing f’ball wit you & Azuka even though we can hv opposing POVs and your penchant 4 shot throwing, granted its in good spirits and part of the banter.
Every team needs a balance of qualities, our team needs a balance of physicality, runners, passers and dribblers. In an attempt to find a defensive balance, we compromise by losing the dribblers and passers. Eg, we drop Pepe and Ozil despite every stat saying they are integral to every win, when they start, our chances of winning increases exponentially.
Ozil has nothing 2 do with our winning.
Stop fibbing Chief :sneaky: :sneaky:
People have mentioned our positive record when PEPE starts!
Stop trying ta force the Ozil fibs and mythology down our throats. It ain’t gonna work :sneaky:

Do you remember when Wenger played Arteta and Santi, or the 8 times he played Santi and Xhaka. I remember Wenger starting Santi and Xhaka for the first time against Watford and smashing them 4 at their ground.
Totally irrelevant point my friend. Diff time, place and circumstances with no correlative synchrony. Stop trying 2 hard :sneaky: :sneaky:
The fact is, we have had the same problem since Santi got his injury, we have needed a player centrally to put his foot on the ball and play. It is why Wenger wanted to buy Lemar, everyone at the club knows we are looking for that type of player. We got Ceballos to be this type of player but Emery employed him in a different system with different tactics.
Ok?

Arteta was not impressed with Ceballos fitness and attitude plus he was injured but credit to the player, he has "worked like a dog", using Arteta's words.

Teams come to shut down Xhaka to stop his supply to Ozil and Pepe from deep. Arsenal do not have much from defence when Sokratis plays and we do not have Monreal and Holding, plus we also lost Iwobi, who progressed the ball into attack best last season. Emery struggled to play out of defence with these handicaps, he tried to use Pepe as a ball progressor like he did Iwobi, it did not work., he tried Guendouzi, Ceballos and Xhaka, it did not work. It did not work because the players did not fit his system.

Arteta has made gradual changes but bringing in Ceballos next to Xhaka caught Bruce by surprise and he never got to grips tactically. With Ceballos and Xhaka, we had two outlets from central midfield to break the lines. We also have Luiz and Mustafi who can pass a ball to break the lines too.
Relevance????
Suddenly, closing down Arsenal becomes very difficult especially when one of your pivots goes into the space between the two defensive banks of four, leaving the number 10 to run intelligently into spaces, freeing himself to hurt the opposition.
Rubbish!
How well was your analysis working up until Auba’s goal? Come Bruv. This is hindsight cherry picking and trying ta force pieces into a puzzle. We were insipid and uninspiring up until the poachers finish from, Auba who is not noted 4 scoring headers. Newcastle then had 2 open up and come out of their shell leaving room for us 2 operate a little more freely. Stop this rehashing and framing a false narrative 4 goodness sakes.
Y’all are amazing fiction writers :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

There is no luck to this planning and tactics that earned a comprehensive victory against a team that had the least of the ball in the league but with the most points. I know, Arteta building his team around Ozil dey pain you, but we can all see the difference it makes. Notice his goal, he started it at our end of the pitch and finished it off, he was still full of running at 90 minutes. Do you want the stats for his physical efforts? :taunt:
Bruv u can’t be serious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You’re chest thumping ‘bout Ozil because he made a run @ a dispirited team that had just missed a sitter, clanged a shot off the bar and we're ready 4 the coach Ride back up north ?
Where were these runs when the game was in the balance and not in the final minutes of a rout?
Where were these runs against Burnley, Chelsea or Sheffield United?
Come off Bruv. There’s nothing 2 see here :sneaky:

And u keep thumping your chest about Ozil’s performance without seeing what a limited player he is.
What does he do when receiving the ball in pockets of space?
Dribble and shoot?
Dribble and open up the defense?
No, he is a unilateral player. He doesn’t scare defenses and they simply play the passing lanes.
If I Remember correctly ‘‘twas your Emperor Wenger who resorted 2 pleading with him in public 2 try and become more Uv a scoring threat 2 help open up defenses 4 others, but still he couldn’t do it.
Yeah let’s celebrate a horribly attempted back pass (first goal in ten months) against Meowcastle :mrgreen:
Yeah let’s hand this man the Golden ball :tic: :tic:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enjoy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Sleaky72 wrote:
I actually enjoy discussing f’ball wit you & Azuka even though we can hv opposing POVs and your penchant 4 shot throwing, granted its in good spirits and part of the banter.
Stop trying ta force the Ozil fibs and mythology down our throats. It ain’t gonna work :sneaky:

Totally irrelevant point my friend. Diff time, place and circumstances with no correlative synchrony. Stop trying 2 hard :sneaky: :sneaky:
Ok?

Relevance????
Rubbish!
How well was your analysis working up until Auba’s goal? Come Bruv. This is hindsight cherry picking and trying ta force pieces into a puzzle. We were insipid and uninspiring up until the poachers finish from, Auba who is not noted 4 scoring headers. Newcastle then had 2 open up and come out of their shell leaving room for us 2 operate a little more freely. Stop this rehashing and framing a false narrative 4 goodness sakes.

You’re chest thumping ‘bout Ozil because he made a run @ a dispirited team that had just missed a sitter, clanged a shot off the bar and we're ready 4 the coach Ride back up north ?
Where were these runs when the game was in the balance and not in the final minutes of a rout?

And u keep thumping your chest about Ozil’s performance without seeing what a limited player he is.
Dribble and shoot?
No, he is a unilateral player. He doesn’t scare defenses and they simply play the passing lanes.
If I Remember correctly ‘‘twas your Emperor Wenger who resorted 2 pleading with him in public 2 try and become more Uv a scoring threat 2 help open up defenses 4 others, but still he couldn’t do it.
Yeah let’s celebrate a horribly attempted back pass (first goal in ten months) against Meowcastle :mrgreen:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

[quote="Waffiman"]Enjoy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Irrefutable evidence, but I won't hold my breath. Ozil is incredibly gifted, at least to those that choose to see with the eyes they've been blessed with. Just watch the guy's touches on the ball. That outside of the foot pass to Auba na fire!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:Enjoy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Ok?

Relevance????
Rubbish!

Dribble and shoot?

Ok I will accept this as a token gesture of a SURRENDER :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: No sweatin’ I’m sure we will engage again.
Btw, Azuka I haven’t forgotten about ya :sneaky: :sneaky: I’m coming :smile:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Enjoy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Ok?

Relevance????
Rubbish!

Dribble and shoot?

Ok I will accept this as a token gesture of a SURRENDER :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: No sweatin’ I’m sure we will engage again.
Btw, Azuka I haven’t forgotten about ya :sneaky: :sneaky: I’m coming :smile:
Last time you never did. So won't be surprised if you don't this time too :taunt: :taunt: .
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

First i am not obsessed with Emery. It's you and your group that is and that's what is irritating about it. If you took care to read through my response you could see my irritation seeping through on you and your group's Emery's this and Emery's that. Enough said.
Who is the you and your group? Kindly tell me the last time I’ve talked about Unai? You must be referring 2 a friend of yours who is obsessed and brings up every sneeze or yawn from the erstwhile gaffer. Or a certain Azuka who always reminds us of his skepticism of Emery :sneaky: :sneaky:

Is Ian Wright a clown? An Arsenal legend? Wow. Well it's a free world
From Waffiman

Ian Wright is a sycophant, he is all heart and no intelligence, he really is not one to talk when I recall his comments when Emery was there. For me it is cowardly for him to make the comments he is making about the man when he could not do it when he was around. “

That says it all. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
On seeking attention. Well if been bold enough to call out Emery during his unbeaten run and been proven right at the end of the day is seeking attention. I say thank you for the compliments.
You remind us every day, yet deny you’re obsessed with him. Can’t have it both ways laddie!

As per Arteta's team you must be the only island in the middle of the sea who do not see the progression the team has made. You once alluded to this some weeks back and I went ahead to break it down for you. You never responded after saying you will take the time to respond. So not gonna waste my time rehashing it for you. On a final note on whether there's progression or not, go to the statisticians and ask for stats on the average shots we have been conceding under Arteta compared to what we were conceding under Emery. That's a pointer simple enough.
Again you’re simply playing possum. Man up and address the specifics I pointed out. When you man up and address them point by point then I will respond. Right now you are tip toeing and cherry picking.

On Ceballos, the 2nd half of the match says it all on why Arteta started him ahead of Torreira. In the first half his passing was lateral which i believed the coach advised him to change in the 2nd half. As such we saw more quicker forward looking passes from him. As usual you didn't see that i bet. But no according to you Arteta got it all wrong.
This is pointless. Ceballos should be paired with LT or GUENDO (when his head is screwed on straight). Personally I wish they would move Luis into the DM spot to pair with Dani and relegate Hakka to the scrap heap. Ceballos played the CM position better than anyone since Carzola. Not comparing him 2 Santa because that guy was a gem.

Point is that even one vs one against Maximin, he not only stole the ball from him, but shielded it perfectly and drew a foul. Imagine if that was Haka in the same position.
He would have either been dribbled easily, or hacked the man down/grabbed him and drawn a second yellow card and changed the whole game for Arsenal.
So you tell me why Arteta shouldn’t be criticized 4 placing the game in jeopardy by leaving a slow, plodding defender carrying a yellow on the field while subbing Ceballos? Makes no damn sense no matter how you slice it. That’s a man more interested in appeasement than maintaining standards.

You then wonder why a young player like GUENDO becomes disgruntled when he gets reprimanded and dealt with double standards. It’s poor management and while you will get away with it vs a crap team like Newcastle or Burnley in the game prior, such poor game management will be exposed Vs the better teams.
As usual you pick on Ozil, who was rated highly in that match. Go check the ratings. To you he's strolling through the match, but to the coach he's playing according to instruction. I guess you haven't noticed how his positioning and playing has changed under Arteta.
Ratings from who? You and your fellow Ozil zombies? What were the ratings in the games prior? How Many chances did he create or assists tallied? I’m sure you aren’t hyping his gift from the Toon goalie as an achievement right? :sneaky: :sneaky:

[tweet]Next match he plays watch out to see how he moves into that pockets of space left by the opposition players when they press our twin midfield tandem. If you understand that then you will appreciate why Arteta keeps playing him. And you will also understand why Ceballos was played ahead of Torreira and why going forward Arteta might find him a more useful and fruitful partner for Xhaka than Torreirra. [/tweet]

What does he do in the pockets of space?
Dribble through players and shoot on goal?
Dribble through players and open for others?
Shoot on sight?
What does he really do other than make it easy for defenders to simply play the passing lanes cuz they know he lacks the belief and balls to actually go 4 goal. Please! Your diety is a one trick hyena. Seen this false dawn one 2 many times!

As for Torreira you still can’t justify why he was brought in for Dani instead of Haka.

On Guendo, there's a hell of a player in there. He simply needs to put his head down and listen to his coach and not be carried away by the flattery of those like you who thinks he has arrived. At twenty he hasn't arrived and not a star. The world is large and out there for him to conquer. And he can only do that by listen to his coach. He has the propensity to hold on to the ball and take that one step too much.
Won’t get an argument from me.
If you question Arteta's selections and decision, i bet you must have been scratching your head at the last World Cup which Frence won playing a non-scoring no 9 in Giroud. I guess you saw no reason for the coach to persist with Giroud even though he wasn't scoring. There's more to football than putting 11 players on. For each player on the pitch the coach has an instruction on what he expects in the overall structure. It's all about lil bits and pieces of a team's play.
This makes no sense. The context and analogy are flawed and show no congruence. Don’t know where you are going with this. There are no analogies at all.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I know Arsenal defense is poor but damn the midfield is in of a drastic overhaul.

Struggle mightily to impose their will on opposition, consistently leave defense exposed.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

We have to be careful of their break threat.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

That miss by Laca!!!
#SPEECHLESS!

Martinelli is ballin!!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I know Arsenal defense is poor but damn the midfield is in of a drastic overhaul.

Struggle mightily to impose their will on opposition, consistently leave defense exposed.
Team is playing OK in my opinion. I believe they will win this game.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

0-1 Laca
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."