Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Post by 1naija »

ANC wrote:THE search for AM/10/Okocha position is over. He is legit.
You are right. He lost most of the balls at the end, JUST LIKE OKOCHA! The only difference is that he did not smile that stupid smile that Okocha used to smile after putting our team under pressure because of his useless self aggrandizing dribbles. :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

I hope Rohr send him a whatsApp text message warning him severely about the worthless dribbles.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote:
You are right. He lost most of the balls at the end, JUST LIKE OKOCHA! The only difference is that he did not smile that stupid smile that Okocha used to smile after putting our team under pressure because of his useless self aggrandizing dribbles. :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

I hope Rohr send him a whatsApp text message warning him severely about the worthless dribbles.

Watch the clip again.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We don't want another aimless dribbler for Nigeria
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
1naija wrote:

Watch the clip again.
Exactly.
Only saw one dribble where he misplaced a pass.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Which wing does he play on?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He’s a winger not a No 10. Abeg focus on blacks stars , we don’t play wingers in the middle. :thumb:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The guy has scored 8 league goals with 3 assists and has a goal in the cup so I’m surprised why he’s being ignored the only conciliation is that he can’t play for any other country apart from Nigeria and he’s actually played for Nigeria at youth level so he’s not going getting capped elsewhere despite Nigeria ignoring him.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Another brilliant goal plus an assist this weekend vs Twente.

[/video]

He is knocking on the SE door, very loudly...
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I heard Marseilles are seriously knocking on his door for next season.
I am happy
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

From the clip he doesn’t seem like an aimless dribbler - he dribbles with intent. The consequence of attempting to dribble is that sometimes it may not work out, but when it does it can be devastating. Unfortunately too may coaches these days are trying to coach dribbling out of the game completely which leaves us with the current boring game of passing backwards and sideways. He also combines the dribbling with some serious speed and an ability to shoot and score. He still has more to learn but I think he’s worth inviting - more depth is a good thing, depth is what wins tournaments
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

donadoni wrote:From the clip he doesn’t seem like an aimless dribbler - he dribbles with intent. The consequence of attempting to dribble is that sometimes it may not work out, but when it does it can be devastating. Unfortunately too may coaches these days are trying to coach dribbling out of the game completely which leaves us with the current boring game of passing backwards and sideways. He also combines the dribbling with some serious speed and an ability to shoot and score. He still has more to learn but I think he’s worth inviting - more depth is a good thing, depth is what wins tournaments
Well said. Even the earlier clip posted here, he was not dribbling "aimlessly" like some were suggesting. There was only one stray pass.
'Nothing ventured nothing gained' and if he is stopped from dribbling at this early stage of his career then a natural part of s game which might develop into a devastating and rare skill might be lost permanently.

I am sure they tried to do the same with JJ, but somebody somewhere saw the bigger picture.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:I heard Marseilles are seriously knocking on his door for next season.

That would be the perfect team and league for the boy. If he goes to Epl he might go the way of Success.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

There's no reason why he shouldn't be called up already.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:There's no reason why he shouldn't be called up already.
Slow Toad, who would you drop for him on the wings? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Musa.

He will be old by 2022, and he is playing in a crap league,we know what he brings. Let him rest for now while we look at other options

The 4 wide players called up should be

Chukwueze
Kalu
Simon
Ejuke
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:
Musa.

He will be old by 2022, and he is playing in a crap league,we know what he brings. Let him rest for now while we look at other options

Chukwueze
Kalu
Simon
Ejuke
Musa is no longer in the set up for now, he just came back from injury and he’s trying to find his form. On what grounds does Ejuke deserve a spot over Beneventure and Onyekuru ?
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi
Musa is no longer in the set up for now, he just came back from injury and he’s trying to find his form. On what grounds does Emile deserve a spot over Beneventure and Onyekuru ?

Broda mi, I highly disagree o. Musa experience is extremely Vital because some of these younger players, though talented will likely fold on the big stage and that's where musa gets the nudge ahead of them. remember how the likes of Iwobi, iheanacho, inexperience partially cost us and made us fold at that World cup?? At the highest level, Experience might just be the difference maker ahead of talent. some of these younger players will definitely get their time to shine
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Kongi
Musa is no longer in the set up for now, he just came back from injury and he’s trying to find his form. On what grounds does Emile deserve a spot over Beneventure and Onyekuru ?

Broda mi, I highly disagree o. Musa experience is extremely Vital because some of these younger players, though talented will likely fold on the big stage and that's where musa gets the nudge ahead of them. remember how the likes of Iwobi, iheanacho, inexperience partially cost us and made us fold at that World cup?? At the highest level, Experience might just be the difference maker ahead of talent. some of these younger players will definitely get their time to shine
I didn’t see any of this experience at the ANC, he was more so holding back the team and shouting at younger players when he himself made a mistake...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

vancity eagle wrote:
Musa.

Chukwueze
Kalu
Simon
Ejuke
Musa is no longer in the set up for now, he just came back from injury and he’s trying to find his form. On what grounds does Ejuke deserve a spot over Beneventure and Onyekuru ?
He is playing in a better league than both of them and has better stats than both.

Also he doesnt have the added benefit of playing for the league's best team and is still putting up better numbers.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

As long as he maintains his form, he will be invited soon. Rohr does not like inviting too many new players at once.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Onyekuru should be nowhere near the conversation by the way.

He is behind Ejuke, Dennis, Okereke and I would even invite Lookman ahead of him.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I looked at his stats and he has 10 in 24 games more than simon, onyekuru, kalu and chukwueze. on current form, he deserves a call up ahead of some of these wingers but let's see what will happen
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

He will be called up eventually. It's a three way fight between Ejike, Onyekuru and Dennis for that final Wing-Forward spot. Onyekuru and Dennis have the edge because they are already a part of the team but Ejike's chance will come as long as he maintains his form.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Onyekuru should be nowhere near the conversation by the way.

He is behind Ejuke, Dennis, Okereke and I would even invite Lookman ahead of him.

Okereke has not been consistent enough to merit national team attention. Ditto for Lookman. They are both promising players, but I don't think they are in the picture for this current window of international games.