CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Post by Dammy »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Dammy wrote:Apparently, Bayern Munich's LB, Alphonso Davies is a breda but he plays for Canada.
He is Liberian. He was born in a refugee camp in Ghana after his family had fled the war in Liberia.
Thanks for the correction.
I am happy
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Lampard's seat didn't have a hard core, he would have disappeared into the cushion the way he cringed through the game yesterday.

Disaster class! Defense was all over the place. Midfield disappeared. Forwards? What forwards?

From game 1 to game 50 (or thereabout) i see no improvement.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote:If Lampard's seat didn't have a hard core, he would have disappeared into the cushion the way he cringed through the game yesterday.

Disaster class! Defense was all over the place. Midfield disappeared. Forwards? What forwards?

That’s a little harsh. The blues R a team in transition and on a learning curve. Those guys @ Bayern hv been together forever and are battle tested. It was never a fair fight and a tough measure to judge Lampard with. Just my opinion.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:If Lampard's seat didn't have a hard core, he would have disappeared into the cushion the way he cringed through the game yesterday.

That’s a little harsh. The blues R a team in transition and on a learning curve. Those guys @ Bayern hv been together forever and are battle tested. It was never a fair fight and a tough measure to judge Lampard with. Just my opinion.

Let's forget about Bayern for a minute. Let''s supplant Bayern for West Ham, Brighton, or Southampton.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Let's forget about Bayern for a minute. Let''s supplant Bayern for West Ham, Brighton, or Southampton.
Tottenham and Mourinho? :sneaky: :sneaky:
Also, remember that many consider Pocchetino a top class coach. Well he got smashed with seven @ home by this same Bavarian team when they were supposedly in crisis under their ex coach !!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Also, remember that many consider Pocchetino a top class coach. Well he got smashed with seven @ home by this same Bavarian team when they were supposedly in crisis under their ex coach !!

Tottenham had no strikers. That may be immaterial, but the traditionally good teams are all suffering this season (or over several seasons already. Including Chelsea). A struggling Man U has beaten Chelsea 3 (three, meta, Jesu!!) times already.

Apart from a "bragging right" perspective, beating Tottenham is not significant if you are going to turn around and lose to Bournemouth.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Tottenham had no strikers. That may be immaterial, but the traditionally good teams are all suffering this season (or over several seasons already. Including Chelsea). A struggling Man U has beaten Chelsea 3 (three, meta, Jesu!!) times already.

Apart from a "bragging right" perspective, beating Tottenham is not significant if you are going to turn around and lose to Bournemouth.
Totts hv done pretty well without Kane when Son has been in the lineup. Chelsea beat them @ their own base with Son right? And speaking uv upsets, Norwich beat City! It happens. He has a young team. Anyway that’s your road 2 travel. I won’t stop or hinder ur journey :smile:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Totts hv done pretty well without Kane when Son has been in the lineup. Chelsea beat them @ their own base with Son right? And speaking uv upsets, Norwich beat City! It happens. He has a young team. Anyway that’s your road 2 travel. I won’t stop or hinder ur journey :smile:
What was the average age of the Bayern team yesterday?

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

What was the average age of the Bayern team yesterday?
Really?
Like I said B4, this journey is your own. Have at it however you would like. I’m an Arsenal fan so .... :sneaky:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sleaky72 wrote: Really?
Like I said B4, this journey is your own. Have at it however you would like. I’m an Arsenal fan so .... :sneaky:

LOL. There are several issues wrong with Chelsea. The coach is a major factor. You can't absolve him of his failures.

The Chelsea team lacks obvious quality. But where is Lamp's imprint on the team?

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

But where is Lamp's imprint on the team?
Can’t believe you said this.
BTW have u heard that Lampard is pushing 4 a deal that wud send Kepa and cash 2 Athleti 4 Oblack?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Can’t believe you said this

He will soon get his own players. He was instrumental in getting Ziyech signed (agreeing to sign).
Likely more players will join the club. We can assess him better then? That's what many (including you, perhaps) think.

Unless he gets a more experienced defensive coach to join his team, We will be back next year discussing Chelsea's weaknesses at the back.

37 goals against in the EPL alone, through February, is a shocking balance.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

He will soon get his own players. He was instrumental in getting Ziyech signed (agreeing to sign).
Likely more players will join the club. We can assess him better then? That's what many (including you, perhaps) think.

Unless he gets a more experienced defensive coach to join his team, We will be back next year discussing Chelsea's weaknesses at the back.

You dont see the Lampard way vs Sarri-Ball?
Remember the players he is missing :idea:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sleaky72 wrote:
balo wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

You dont see the Lampard way vs Sarri-Ball?
Remember the players he is missing :idea:

Quality is not there. But He has had enough time to get the defense play like a unit. He hasn't done that.

Hazard is the only major loss.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

na wow o! So G4L has gone into hiding?! O ma se o!

His mad man has been locked in an asylum and his chewing gum face has been chewed up and spat out by AN ACTUAL ROOKIE COACH, who is a caretaker! Odiegwu! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Can someone go to Maryland abi na Nnewi and reach out to our brother. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:rotf:
danfo driver wrote:na wow o! So G4L has gone into hiding?! O ma se o!

His mad man has been locked in an asylum and his chewing gum face has been chewed up and spat out by AN ACTUAL ROOKIE COACH, who is a caretaker! Odiegwu! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Can someone go to Maryland abi na Nnewi and reach out to our brother. :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lamps' win rate now down to 49%.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Tomori gets the nod over Ruediger.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Alonso bursts the net.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Boring game.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bournemouth equalizes. What's new?

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Few minutes later, Bournemouth takes the lead.