Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone clash

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone c

Post by vancity eagle »

Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

As a right back he is behind

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.
KPOM, you've said it all... on current form and quality, whom among those full backs can Shehu bench? he's just another Echejilie. very average and uneventful as a player.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Vancity Eagle
Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

So, because he gave a frivolous penalty against algeria (dive) all his previously good performances should be negated? you must be a zee "football know nothing" The fact of the matter is that shehu had a great Olympic performance and also excelled at ANCQ against cameroun (4-0) algeria (3 1) and Zambia (1-0) he was the one that assisted iwobi goal against zambia. yes, he had a poor game against Croatia just like iwobi, mikel, moses etc but that's not enough reasons to discard him. even ebuehi conceded an unnecessary penalty against Iceland should we discard him? ekong scored an owngoal against algeria should we discard him? Shehu is an intelligent/hardworking footballer that can play various positions and should be in no shape of form discarded. This is the same nonsense that you started with Ahmed musa until it became Gospel before some started rightfully defending musa. why do you have such hatred for "Northern players" SMDH
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Even Shehu the Hausa guy was playing relatively well at ANC game 1 before he got injured
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I'm waiting for you guys to show us the bad games that shehu had that the rest of his teammates didn't have. CE will find scapegoat to blame and if no one defends them, it will become Gospel. This is the same thing they did to John ogu, and tried to do to Ahmed musa. now, shehubis their next scapegoat. Shameless hypocrites
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This John fellow is pretty retarded.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Tobi17
This John fellow is pretty retarded.
This small boy you don't learn lessons abi dont get me having you apologizing again sha. anyway, stick to the topic sha provide evidence of shehu nonsense game so I can dispute it
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Which midfielder or right back is Shehu BETTER THAN that he should be in the squad ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Once Ejaria, Lookman and Akpoguma get their FIFA clearances and join the team, with others like Ejuke, Sadiq Umar waiting to break in from the fringes... deadwoods like Shehu surely would be gone... even Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

tobi17
Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.
This small boy how many times have I told you that your World cup GOAT isn't going anywhere until he retires or Rohr leaves. it seems like you just like talking for talking sake. Nigerians are obsessed with rookies stinking up the joint at the big stage. The same nonsense they did in 2002 dropping experienced players like finidi, babangida, oliseh for some talented BACKWATER players
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:
tobi17
Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.
This small boy how many times have I told you that your World cup GOAT isn't going anywhere until he retires or Rohr leaves. it seems like you just like talking for talking sake. Nigerians are obsessed with rookies stinking up the joint at the big stage. The same nonsense they did in 2002 dropping experienced players like finidi, babangida, oliseh for some talented BACKWATER players
Abeg no mind slow Toad Tobi. The guy is way behind schedule , he’s now showing signs of Ebola Virus inside his brain years after the rest of the world has moved on to Corona. He’s a sick Toad. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:
tobi17
Abeg no mind slow Toad Tobi. The guy is way behind schedule , he’s now showing signs of Ebola Virus inside his brain years after the rest of the world has moved on to Corona. He’s a sick Toad. :laugh:
This dunce and his gay partner John12 surely make a wonderful pair :rotf:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Mystic,
How is Shehu's invite on point?
Dude is playing in a league (Turkish Div 2) that is no where near as competitive as any one of the outfield players invited.
Not to mention the fact that the only 2 positions he can play are RB and DM. In those 2 positions, based on the invitation list, he would be #3 or 4 in the depth chart (bear in mind, Semi Ajayi could also play DM role - more effectively, IMO). He offers no value to this current team.
But as previously stated, he will be rendered surplus to requirements once the likes of Ejaria and another midfielder obtain their FIFA clearance.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:-> Really struggle to understand Shehu's invite - the guy has outlived his relevance to this team. Besides, he's like the 3rd or 4th option for the positions he plays on the team. I figure he would be out when the likes of
-> Akpeyi has been consistent at club level, so his invite makes sense (in light of no other credible keeper out there).
-> Ezenwa offers no value to the team - his spot should have been offered to the Isreali based keeper - Adebayo. Time to start grooming, instead of relying on failed projects.
-> Musa is captain and in light of Lookman's switch not yet approved, his invite makes sense.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.

Shehu's invitation is on point. Balances out the squad as a utility player at fullback and midfield.

Adebayo is a promising player but way too early to be in the national team picture. Meanwhile Ezenwa is in excellent form at Heartland. You should know by now that Rohr is a patient builder. I think the young goalkeeper to watch in the coming months is Alampasu if he progresses at Ventspils. The U23s would have been ideal for Adebayo to prove himself if we had qualified for the Olympics.
I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I wonder if Shehu and Musa were southerners playing in those lowly leagues, would they have been invited?

Mikel and Ighalo retained their place in the Super Eagles despite playing in China.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

1. Like I intimated before, you think like a fan and not like a coach. That's where your confusion stems from.

2. As good as Ehizubue is, he's not ahead of anybody just yet, until he dons a Super Eagles jersey and proves it.

3. Sure Rohr knows that he brings more to the table than Shehu and has big plans for him with the national team going forward; but it's a step by step process and Rohr will stick with Shehu until those who he sees as his replacement have earned his trust.

4. It's not by accident that Shehu has been listed as a midfielder for this squad as he will likely get an opportunity to prove himself at his more natural position as better options emerge at Right back.

5. Shehu's value to the Super Eagles has always been as a utility player and every team needs such players at the back end of their roster. We were playing him as our primary Right back because we had no other choice, but now he gets to slot into a role that best suits his talent as far as being a Nigerian international.

6. Please explain to me how Shehu is behind Azubuike in the pecking order when the same Azubuike has never been officially invited to the Super Eagles under Rohr. Azubuike may be ahead of Shehu in your mind, but that is not the reality of things.

7. As for Mikel Agu, he hasn't been playing recently (returning from injury) so he was never going to be in the picture in this window. Had he been playing regularly it would have been interesting to see who Rohr would have invited between him and Shehu but I suspect the latter because of Shehu's versatility.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mystic wrote:

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

1. Like I intimated before, you think like a fan and not like a coach. That's where your confusion stems from.

2. As good as Ehizubue is, he's not ahead of anybody just yet, until he dons a Super Eagles jersey and proves it.

3. Sure Rohr knows that he brings more to the table than Shehu and has big plans for him with the national team going forward; but it's a step by step process and Rohr will stick with Shehu until those who he sees as his replacement have earned his trust.

4. It's not by accident that Shehu has been listed as a midfielder for this squad as he will likely get an opportunity to prove himself at his more natural position as better options emerge at Right back.

5. Shehu's value to the Super Eagles has always been as a utility player and every team needs such players at the back end of their roster. We were playing him as our primary Right back because we had no other choice, but now he gets to slot into a role that best suits his talent as far as being a Nigerian international.

6. Please explain to me how Shehu is behind Azubuike in the pecking order when the same Azubuike has never been officially invited to the Super Eagles under Rohr. Azubuike may be ahead of Shehu in your mind, but that is not the reality of things.

7. As for Mikel Agu, he hasn't been playing recently (returning from injury) so he was never going to be in the picture in this window. Had he been playing regularly it would have been interesting to see who Rohr would have invited between him and Shehu but I suspect the latter because of Shehu's versatility.

Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.
Way too harsh.
You don't need to make yourself look ridiculous just to emphasise a point.
He is a national team player and has merited his call-ups in the past and has played his part when called upon.

Na wa.
You need to show some respect for all of them - the same way you expect them to show respect when called upon to don the GWG. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.
Way too harsh.
He is a national team player and has merited his call-ups in the past and has played his part when called upon.
Na wa. You need to show some respect for all of them - the same way you expect them to show respect when called upon to don the GWG. :roll:

I was being nice by calling him Trash, shehu has never merited a call up to SE, was it his club form? what has he done in SE or at club level? The National team is reserved for the best legs and blended into a team. Shehu cannot hold a place in SE first 23, and thus Rohr invited 24
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Way too harsh.
Na wa. You need to show some respect for all of them - the same way you expect them to show respect when called upon to don the GWG. :roll:

I was being nice by calling him Trash, shehu has never merited a call up to SE, was it his club form? what has he done in SE or at club level? The National team is reserved for the best legs and blended into a team. Shehu cannot hold a place in SE first 23, and thus Rohr invited 24
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Okay.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

9jaMan is a well known Musa hater, not surprised he has transferred it to Shenu!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.
:source:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Shehu is incapable of playing as LB or CD, where Aina and Ekong are preferred.
Still maintain that Shehu is not relevant and is a wasted invite.
olu wrote:It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Shehu can play RB, Balogun is a CD. Collins will start at LB.
Otitokoro wrote:Shehu is incapable of playing as LB or CD, where Aina and Ekong are preferred.
Still maintain that Shehu is not relevant and is a wasted invite.