Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:72 percent possession and still take an “L”
Chief can Arteta copy Manu play book come wednesday?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kajifu wrote:
joplass wrote:
kajifu wrote:
joplass wrote:This team can kill somebody. Why can't they play like this every day. Look at the concentration.
Are they machine?Name me one team that play consist on same level every game?
Not even half consistency. What is the point of winning against City and losing against Watford?
Even Liverpool were beating by Watford.
Yes, Pool was also beaten by all the small teams in the EPL.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

txj wrote:Daniel James, a brainless footballer
You can say that again,if he had any brain he could easily be a world class and 3 assist today
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu go finish top 4th,Chelsea still get to go to Liverpool,face mancity,
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Shocker from Ederson. City lacked purpose, resigned to defeat in retention of their title and safe in a second-placed finish (equally pointless with UCL exclusion), City cut the figure of an estranged lover at a vow renewal, comforted in the knowledge madam is waiting in an Airbnb.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Darren james, no end product, needs to learn how to play! Look at Ighalo in just 4-5 mins, holding up play, bringing others into the game, just pure and simple, James could have eaisly passed to Fernandes but went for glory, good win though, bizarre subs from OGS, just bizarre
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:Darren james, no end product, needs to learn how to play! Look at Ighalo in just 4-5 mins, holding up play, bringing others into the game, just pure and simple, James could have eaisly passed to Fernandes but went for glory, good win though, bizarre subs from OGS, just bizarre
Marko when would you give this guy some credit? Simple commendation shouldn't hurt too much, or would it?

I could imagine the bombardment from you if United had lost today - Clueless, Outcoached, Outsmarted, Outmuscled, Dumb etc.

As it stands this season, it's 3-1 to OGS vs your "super Pep"
KK
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Ingerlund is spoiled for quality young right backs. Wan-Two-Three-Bissaka is a total defensive beast. On defensive duty, I have to say he is far superior to Trent. That kid is a right-back version of Van Dijk: someone who it is near impossible to beat one-on-one. But he does not have Trent's attacking skills.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Two more games! Two more games! Yeaaah! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

A good day made tough by a ref looking to create the best day of his career supervising a Man Shitty win. Per James, running 80 yards and scoring in front of the Stretford end would have been the stuff of dreams for a young kid. All is forgiven cos the game was won.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kajifu wrote:
txj wrote:Daniel James, a brainless footballer
You can say that again,if he had any brain he could easily be a world class and 3 assist today
...what James did there smell like 'selfishing'.
Fernandez did same during 1st half, though he atoned for it with great free kick pass for goal.
The only thing that would cost them top 4 is selfishness by some players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kunle wrote:
marko wrote:Darren james, no end product, needs to learn how to play! Look at Ighalo in just 4-5 mins, holding up play, bringing others into the game, just pure and simple, James could have eaisly passed to Fernandes but went for glory, good win though, bizarre subs from OGS, just bizarre
Marko when would you give this guy some credit? Simple commendation shouldn't hurt too much, or would it?

I could imagine the bombardment from you if United had lost today - Clueless, Outcoached, Outsmarted, Outmuscled, Dumb etc.

Credit for what? Sorry sometimes wins covers glaring issues, against the big teams we have done well, and the smaller teams? Like Everton? Chelsea smashed them 4 nil, we do not know how to break smaller sides! I do not do mediocrity either, we rely so much on individual effort to win games, 2 howlers from City, so what credit am i giving today? 22 points away from Liverpool, let that sink in!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...as I was saying... :D
wiseone wrote:Game plan for today: do not play like the home team. Instead play like the away team: get men behind the ball, defend deep, try to counter-attack. Make it a scrappy and untidy game. Try to get a goal on the counter-attack or off a set piece. I would pick (4-3-1-2):

DDG
AWB-Slabhead-Bailly-Shaw
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Fernandes
Martial-Ighalo

subs: Romero, Lindelof, Williams, Lingard, Johnny Kills, James, Greenwood.
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:
Kunle wrote:

Credit for what? Sorry sometimes wins covers glaring issues, against the big teams we have done well, and the smaller teams? Like Everton? Chelsea smashed them 4 nil, we do not know how to break smaller sides! I do not do mediocrity either, we rely so much on individual effort to win games, 2 howlers from City, so what credit am i giving today? 22 points away from Liverpool, let that sink in!
I beg to differ. A bit of inconsistences is expected of a team largely built around young but vibrant players featuring in EPL for the first time. But you can't deny the compactness and resilience of the team. In fact, this is the most compact team-focused United team I've seen in the last 10 years. You also can't deny they've faced injury problems far worse than what JM is moaning over at Spurs, yet they kept going. Big credit to OGS.

Your comparison with Liverpool is unfair to say the least. Klopp's Liverpool finished 8th in his first year, struggled to make top four in the his 2nd and third years. He succeeded because they kept faith in him and supported him, go figure.

I don't expect your view of OGS to change even if he finishes top 4 and wins Europa league, but I don't think that's gonna matter much.
KK
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:...as I was saying... :D
wiseone wrote:Game plan for today: do not play like the home team. Instead play like the away team: get men behind the ball, defend deep, try to counter-attack. Make it a scrappy and untidy game. Try to get a goal on the counter-attack or off a set piece. I would pick (4-3-1-2):

DDG
AWB-Slabhead-Bailly-Shaw
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Fernandes
Martial-Ighalo

That is OGS formula against the likes of Liverpool, City, This formula is not sustainable long term, what about the other teams we cannot break down? united this season have played 9 draws, amongst the top 5, that is the highest amount of draws, most of them winnable games, if we had won all these draws, we will be a few points closer to Liverpool and city this season, OGS game management is suspect, when we were under pressure in the 2nd half, City brought on Mahrez and the other full back, OGS did not respond to these subs on time, Ighalo should have come on earlier as we needed an outlet in the further half of the pitch, we all saw Ighalo cameo efforts at holding up play

the players i give credit to who i thought were finished are players like Matic, Fred who i wanted out, that i came eat humble pie and say i was wrong! no qualms in saying this, they have both been instrumental in our recent fortunes, as for OGS, sorry, the jury is still out on him

why?? look no further to Sheffield united / Wolves on smaller budgets, even Leicester! we are only 2-3 points apart, well coached teams, so it all bores down to coaching

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...United only beat top teams, wait for a bottom side to show e go be back to business :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...United only beat top teams, wait for a bottom side to show e go be back to business :lol:
watch how Chelsea dealt with Everton yesterday! united struggled and were lucky! against these sides, OGS should change his formation to a more attacking formation, then against the bigger sides, then of course, he can be more cautious! just hope Pogba comes back sooner, will like to see him and Fernandes in the same side

Marko
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:

DDG
AWB-Slabhead-Bailly-Shaw
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Fernandes
Martial-Ighalo

That is OGS formula against the likes of Liverpool, City, This formula is not sustainable long term, what about the other teams we cannot break down? united this season have played 9 draws, amongst the top 5, that is the highest amount of draws, most of them winnable games, if we had won all these draws, we will be a few points closer to Liverpool and city this season, OGS game management is suspect, when we were under pressure in the 2nd half, City brought on Mahrez and the other full back, OGS did not respond to these subs on time, Ighalo should have come on earlier as we needed an outlet in the further half of the pitch, we all saw Ighalo cameo efforts at holding up play

the players i give credit to who i thought were finished are players like Matic, Fred who i wanted out, that i came eat humble pie and say i was wrong! no qualms in saying this, they have both been instrumental in our recent fortunes, as for OGS, sorry, the jury is still out on him

why?? look no further to Sheffield united / Wolves on smaller budgets, even Leicester! we are only 2-3 points apart, well coached teams, so it all bores down to coaching
Well, I sum up the better coach lost to bad fortune for the third time in four encounters :lol: . Yes he had a brilliant game plan, his exellent game reading resulted in changes that still resulted in overall goal attempt less than 50% of Man-U's :rotf: . Great logic :clap: :clap: Big thumb up to United players for not sticking to OGS gameplan :lol:

I give up Marko. And you don't even need to eat humble pie at any point, your views are always correct.
KK
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

mcal wrote:...United only beat top teams, wait for a bottom side to show e go be back to business :lol:
Yes o, United can only beat top sides like Newcastle (4-1), Norwich (4-0), Watford (3-0), Wolves (1-0), Burnley (2-0), Brighton(3-1). :rotf: :rotf:

United is still work in progress, better expect a surprise loss or 2 before the season ends.
KK
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Kunle wrote:
marko wrote:

DDG
AWB-Slabhead-Bailly-Shaw
McTominay-Matic-Fred
Fernandes
Martial-Ighalo

Well, I sum up the better coach lost to bad fortune for the third time in four encounters :lol: . Yes he had a brilliant game plan, his exellent game reading resulted in changes that still resulted in overall goal attempt less than 50% of Man-U's :rotf: . Great logic :clap: :clap: Big thumb up to United players for not sticking to OGS gameplan :lol:

I give up Marko. And you don't even need to eat humble pie at any point, your views are always correct.
:lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I am not always correct, i do not rate OGS as a coach, with the players united have, we are playing at 70% capacity, we are playing freestyle football, if you play 5 men in defence, you will make things hard for any opponent, we played 3-5-2, when city got the ball, we almost changed to 5 man defensive wall, sorry you do not need to be a genius to play this formation, and yes we have some individual talent that can hurt opposition, there is a reason why we are 37 points away from Liverpool, as a united fan, we have to strive to be the best unless you settle for mediocrity, we are still 12 points away from City, yes we can claim bragging rights by beating city home/ away but if we do not qualify for champions league, we are doomed! That is where OGS should be judged, qualifying for champions league with the players, investment should be a bare requirement, if he dont get that, he has failed and should leave the club!

Marko
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:I am not always correct, i do not rate OGS as a coach, with the players united have, we are playing at 70% capacity, we are playing freestyle football, if you play 5 men in defence, you will make things hard for any opponent, we played 3-5-2, when city got the ball, we almost changed to 5 man defensive wall, sorry you do not need to be a genius to play this formation, and yes we have some individual talent that can hurt opposition, there is a reason why we are 37 points away from Liverpool, as a united fan, we have to strive to be the best unless you settle for mediocrity, we are still 12 points away from City, yes we can claim bragging rights by beating city home/ away but if we do not qualify for champions league, we are doomed! That is where OGS should be judged, qualifying for champions league with the players, investment should be a bare requirement, if he dont get that, he has failed and should leave the club!
You want United to be aggressive in attack yet you canvas for a defensive formation, I'm confused.
You can have 6 or 7 men in defence, if your midfield is weak a good team will always rip through your formation. We all know how this mindset has failed Morinho at Spurs and elsewhere. The midfield is the engine room of a team, a strong midfield makes you more potent in attack and enables you to easily frustrate the attacking intents of your opponent. So there's nothing wrong with OGS 3-5-2 style.

Whether we agree or not, United is in a rebuild, definitely not in the same phase of development as Liverpool and so, no point hammering on the gap between them. What is fair to OGS is giving him what Klopp got in his early years at Liverpool - time and support. I believe that's what striving to be the best means.
KK
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kunle wrote:
marko wrote:I am not always correct, i do not rate OGS as a coach, with the players united have, we are playing at 70% capacity, we are playing freestyle football, if you play 5 men in defence, you will make things hard for any opponent, we played 3-5-2, when city got the ball, we almost changed to 5 man defensive wall, sorry you do not need to be a genius to play this formation, and yes we have some individual talent that can hurt opposition, there is a reason why we are 37 points away from Liverpool, as a united fan, we have to strive to be the best unless you settle for mediocrity, we are still 12 points away from City, yes we can claim bragging rights by beating city home/ away but if we do not qualify for champions league, we are doomed! That is where OGS should be judged, qualifying for champions league with the players, investment should be a bare requirement, if he dont get that, he has failed and should leave the club!
You want United to be aggressive in attack yet you canvas for a defensive formation, I'm confused.
You can have 6 or 7 men in defence, if your midfield is weak a good team will always rip through your formation. We all know how this mindset has failed Morinho at Spurs and elsewhere. The midfield is the engine room of a team, a strong midfield makes you more potent in attack and enables you to easily frustrate the attacking intents of your opponent. So there's nothing wrong with OGS 3-5-2 style.

Whether we agree or not, United is in a rebuild, definitely not in the same phase of development as Liverpool and so, no point hammering on the gap between them. What is fair to OGS is giving him what Klopp got in his early years at Liverpool - time and support. I believe that's what striving to be the best means.
then how do you explain how Sheffield united, first time in the premiership in a long time are 2 points behind united? look at Wolves, 2 points, then we have Leicester in 3rd position, even Arsenal are 5 points behind, we lose 1 game, we can drop to 8th! Does Leicester have a better squad than united? that is why all this give it time does not work for me, he has been here for 1 year and yet i continue to see newly promoted teams give us a run for the money, with the squad we have, finishing top 4 should be a bare minimum, yes we do not have the team to fight for the league title, we are 2-3 player short, but top 4, sorry nobody can convince me time is needed to reach this objective especially if Chelsea rookie coach with less than 1 year experience manages to secure champions league fotball

Marko