Alex Iwobi.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Alex Iwobi.

Post by bushboy »

This summer will be make or break for his career. He won't be at Everton next season for sure. He has used up all hos goodwill with the manager and fans. Wherever he ends up, he need to really decide what he wants to be as a footballer. His lazy, sloppy style of play needs to give way to a more cerebral and clinical approach. At this rate, he may soon find himself in the championship or in Turkey.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alex Iwobi.

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bushboy wrote:This summer will be make or break for his career. He won't be at Everton next season for sure. He has used up all hos goodwill with the manager and fans. Wherever he ends up, he need to really decide what he wants to be as a footballer. His lazy, sloppy style of play needs to give way to a more cerebral and clinical approach. At this rate, he may soon find himself in the championship or in Turkey.
What’s happened?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

sometimes I question your mental health status foreal. what sort of nonsense badwish is this? you wake up this afternoon to wish iwobi regress to the extent of signing to a Turkish team. what about isaac success? his trajectory hasn't been upward but people aren't wishing him failure. we gotta to do better here mehn and people should remember that SE comes 1st before any team and iwobi has played fairly well for SE and he is in a position that there are few available players
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

john12 wrote:sometimes I question your mental health status foreal. what sort of nonsense badwish is this? you wake up this afternoon to wish iwobi regress to the extent of signing to a Turkish team. what about isaac success? his trajectory hasn't been upward but people aren't wishing him failure. we gotta to do better here mehn and people should remember that SE comes 1st before any team and iwobi has played fairly well for SE and he is in a position that there are few available players
To be honest, I do not believe that is the message he is passing across. I believe he is expressing deep concern with Iwobi's lack of progress. To me, it sounds like he wants Iwobi to wake up and see that he is declining
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

john12 wrote:sometimes I question your mental health status foreal. what sort of nonsense badwish is this? you wake up this afternoon to wish iwobi regress to the extent of signing to a Turkish team. what about isaac success? his trajectory hasn't been upward but people aren't wishing him failure. we gotta to do better here mehn and people should remember that SE comes 1st before any team and iwobi has played fairly well for SE and he is in a position that there are few available players
Agent12, you have to remind yourself say na Bushboy.
Bobo has a legendary Anti-midas touch.

Watch Iwobi's career blossom.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

highbury he should worry about success, oduwa, Utah players that have fallen low but we true SE fans want them high
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:highbury he should worry about success, oduwa, Utah players that have fallen low but we true SE fans want them high
I’m surprised he’s even posting here on CE after all his players have failed. The guy no get shame sef.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I honestly think Bushboy raises some pertinent points. Iwobi is confusing. Some games, masterful. Other games, ugh.

I feel like telling him to slow down from that harried style he plays, but there is a part of me that thinks he's harried because he lacks technical ability to be more deliberate, and still retain possession.

He needs a manager who takes a big interest in him and helps him develop, I think...but I'm not sure...just confusing
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:I honestly think Bushboy raises some pertinent points. Iwobi is confusing. Some games, masterful. Other games, ugh.

I feel like telling him to slow down from that harried style he plays, but there is a part of me that thinks he's harried because he lacks technical ability to be more deliberate, and still retain possession.

He needs a manager who takes a big interest in him and helps him develop, I think...but I'm not sure...just confusing
Another pointless post
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:highbury he should worry about success, oduwa, Utah players that have fallen low but we true SE fans want them high
I’m surprised he’s even posting here on CE after all his players have failed. The guy no get shame sef.
There is a certain ANC top scorer at Manchester United. Have you heard of him?

But in all seriousness. The whole point of the bushmen is to highlight players with potential very early in their career. I was raving about Ighalo in 2007!! The hope is that the players go on to have highly successful careers, some will some won't. I have no personal stake in their careers. I am actually pretty honest about all the players on my list. But each one showed tremendous potential at some point. Such is the nature of prognostication. You just never know.

But as far as Iwobi is concerned. I am just being honest. For anyone to claim Alex is in a good place in his career right now is being delusional. A top summer signing who can't get on the pitch for his new manager and is regularly getting ripped to shreds by fans. It doesn't bode well.

Anyway, no yawa. To each his own.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Isn't this Iwobi that just got back from an injury that kept him out for 6 weeks? A time period in which his new manager has moved them from 15th to 7th position? why would he rock the boat? Also, Ancelotti is playing 4-4-2 which it could be tricky to fit Iwobi in constantly. Its a battle between Bernard (who has been impresisve lately, Iwobi and SIgurdsson). Lets see what happens after the performance vs Chelsea.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:Isn't this Iwobi that just got back from an injury that kept him out for 6 weeks? A time period in which his new manager has moved them from 15th to 7th position? why would he rock the boat? Also, Ancelotti is playing 4-4-2 which it could be tricky to fit Iwobi in constantly. Its a battle between Bernard (who has been impresisve lately, Iwobi and SIgurdsson). Lets see what happens after the performance vs Chelsea.
i was glad he didn't play against Chelsea... anytime he plays vs Chelsea , wahala dey//
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote:

But in all seriousness. The whole point of the bushmen is to highlight players with potential very early in their career. I was raving about Ighalo in 2007!! The hope is that the players go on to have highly successful careers, some will some won't. I have no personal stake in their careers. I am actually pretty honest about all the players on my list. But each one showed tremendous potential at some point. Such is the nature of prognostication. You just never know.

But as far as Iwobi is concerned. I am just being honest. For anyone to claim Alex is in a good place in his career right now is being delusional. A top summer signing who can't get on the pitch for his new manager and is regularly getting ripped to shreds by fans. It doesn't bode well.

The issue is your conclusion is based on faulty data, Iwobi has played the majority of games he's been available for this season. He got hurt right when the new manager came in, and has played even started when available back from injury. He didn't play the last game, big deal, that suddenly means his career is doomed?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

maceo4 wrote:
bushboy wrote:

The issue is your conclusion is based on faulty data, Iwobi has played the majority of games he's been available for this season. He got hurt right when the new manager came in, and has played even started when available back from injury. He didn't play the last game, big deal, that suddenly means his career is doomed?
Your data is faultier than mine. Yes, he played under Ancelotti when he became fit after his injury, and he had a stinker. Was lamblasted by fans. 2 weeks later, he got a second chance and played even worse than he did in the first stinker. Ever since, he has been confined to the bench, not even coming in as a sub no matter how bad the team is losing.
If that does not signify a player on a downward trajectory, then na you sabi. We can agree to disagree.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Your data is faultier than mine. Yes, he played under Ancelotti when he became fit after his injury, and he had a stinker. Was lamblasted by fans. 2 weeks later, he got a second chance and played even worse than he did in the first stinker. Ever since, he has been confined to the bench, not even coming in as a sub no matter how bad the team is losing.
If that does not signify a player on a downward trajectory, then na you sabi. We can agree to disagree.
How is what you said any different from what I said. All you did was add in your opinion on his performance. But not playing in one or two games doesn't mean your career is doomed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^
Lol!! So, in your mind PERFORMANCE is not a critical factor? You have 2 terrible games, and suddenly go from starting to not getting off the bench for 2 straight weeks. Eeven a young academy player is playing ahead of a 35 million pound signing.
And to you, there is no cause for concern? Ok. No yawa.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote:^^
Lol!! So, in your mind PERFORMANCE is not a critical factor? You have 2 terrible games, and suddenly go from starting to not getting off the bench for 2 straight weeks. Eeven a young academy player is playing ahead of a 35 million pound signing.
And to you, there is no cause for concern? Ok. No yawa.
Siggurdson also had a spell on the bench, were you concerned then? Is his career over now? These are the ebbs and flows of footie, he will get his chances and hopefully takes them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!