Ndidi and Kelly start against Villa

Re: Ndidi and Kelly start against Villa

This Kelly sef, it’s like he can only perform when the expectations are low, he really didn’t take advantage of the Vardy injury at all...

maceo4 wrote:This Kelly sef, it’s like he can only perform when the expectations are low, he really didn’t take advantage of the Vardy injury at all...
Are you a troll or what? Didn't Kele suffer a concussion

maceo4 wrote:This Kelly sef, it’s like he can only perform when the expectations are low, he really didn’t take advantage of the Vardy injury at all...
Are you a troll or what? Didn't Kele suffer a concussion
What game did you watch? He should have had a hat trick but left with 0 and Vardy fresh from injury in less minutes bags 2. I just wish it would work out for Kelly with all his talent he can be critically unlucky or fail to deliver at the wrong times...

Mace04,

Nacho didn't score but he had a decent game, his hard work and constant pressing was somewhat responsible for Leicester's second goal...the goals will surely come, but at least we can agree he has improved his fitness and work rate.

Tobi17 wrote:Mace04,

Nacho didn't score but he had a decent game, his hard work and constant pressing was somewhat responsible for Leicester's second goal...the goals will surely come, but at least we can agree he has improved his fitness and work rate.
Lets not kid ourselves. He’s not the player many of us think or wish him to be.

He doesn’t understand the game...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

You know I've been championing Kelly even when others abandoned him, so I'm not a hater. He is definitely in a much better place now than early in the season, but don't get it twisted, he still has a lot to prove to his current manager and he spurned a good chance to do it with Vardy out...

As a Striker, whats his job?

And you, who has never kicked a ball in your life, and spent your better years in bed with Benitez, know the game abi? abeg give Kele one of your scholarships! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KPOM

lets be honest with ourselves and cut the BS. Nacho is way behind where he should be. He started his SE career so brilliantly and then fizzled away. It is clear to see why Rohr dropped him. The guy is so damn slow, and his touch is too laboured to be a top class striker. He just doesn't have that killer predatory instinct that top strikers have. That last chance he missed before he was subbed, he was so slow to react, a top striker would have scored. Dont get me wrong, he has a deadly left footed shot, but the guy just does not have the composure to score when UNDER PRESSURE. Its like he needs time and space to produce and that aint good enough.

Its easy to see why Rohr dropped him for a basketball player. At least that guy gives a different option. Thank Goodness for Dessers. No way in hell can Nacho bench him.

We have to really ask, is Nacho even better than Josh Maja, Bonaventure (as a striker), Okereke (as a striker), Onyekuru (as a striker_

I seriously doubt it to be honest. Ighalo is way better than Nacho. I will easily take Musa as a striker over him as well.

I honestly dont think Nacho deserves to be in the squad, people are hyping him because he scores one or two cup goals. The guy is too slow and lacadaiscal in the box.

And you, who has never kicked a ball in your life, and spent your better years in bed with Benitez, know the game abi? abeg give Kele one of your scholarships! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:
:rotf: can you imagine

Ndidi was near perfect in that match. He put in a world class performance. Iheanacho had a game he would like to forget. Utterly awful!

for the unintelligent folks posting and bashing kele without even watching the game

Babalawo

Post by Babalawo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

for the unintelligent folks posting and bashing kele without even watching the game
I am a Fan of Kelechi.
He is an Owerri boy just like me, but truth has to be told, he had a bad game and really needs to up his game if he is going to remain at the top.
Vardy is like 10yrs older and still outperforming him in pace and skill.
Peter Obi For President 2023

Babalawo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

I am a Fan of Kelechi.
He is an Owerri boy just like me, but truth has to be told, he had a bad game and really needs to up his game if he is going to remain at the top.
Vardy is like 10yrs older and still outperforming him in pace and skill.
:huh: Are you sure?
Last edited by Rawlings on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj wrote:Impressed by the young Justin at left back. Really good understanding of the position...
Is he Nigerian, or this another over sabi post??

txj wrote:Impressed by the young Justin at left back. Really good understanding of the position...
Una forget sey bobo na Liverpool professional scout :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'm a student of the game. I appreciate all good players; even Ghanaman :blushing:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

KPOM

lets be honest with ourselves and cut the BS. Nacho is way behind where he should be. He started his SE career so brilliantly and then fizzled away. It is clear to see why Rohr dropped him. The guy is so damn slow, and his touch is too laboured to be a top class striker. He just doesn't have that killer predatory instinct that top strikers have. That last chance he missed before he was subbed, he was so slow to react, a top striker would have scored. Dont get me wrong, he has a deadly left footed shot, but the guy just does not have the composure to score when UNDER PRESSURE. Its like he needs time and space to produce and that aint good enough.

Its easy to see why Rohr dropped him for a basketball player. At least that guy gives a different option. Thank Goodness for Dessers. No way in hell can Nacho bench him.

We have to really ask, is Nacho even better than Josh Maja, Bonaventure (as a striker), Okereke (as a striker), Onyekuru (as a striker_

I seriously doubt it to be honest. Ighalo is way better than Nacho. I will easily take Musa as a striker over him as well.

I honestly dont think Nacho deserves to be in the squad, people are hyping him because he scores one or two cup goals. The guy is too slow and lacadaiscal in the box.
He's decisive in the final moments in the box, given time/space. That is a major asset. But there's not nearly enough guile...

However, he doesn't understand movements for a striker.
- where the spaces are
- the timing of the runs- he often runs vertically, though not always..
- the angles of the runs
- the right direction to stretch opposing defenders
- he's average at hold up play, with back to goal and needs to receive the ball in space to be effective. However this is often constrained by his awareness of the right movement.
- he appears not to understand where/when to move relative to a wide player cutting inside; often gets muddled up in moving relative to Maddison or Perez on the ball.
- or how to make space to receive the ball on a cross- his movement being one dimensional which often allowed Mings to easily cut off the cross to him from Barnes.
- the header he missed in the 1hf is often symptomatic of strikers who do not regularly reference their positions wrt the goal....

Kele needs to be a selfish striker...that goal Barnes scored was a perfect example of benching players who don't pass
..kele was wide open and he ignored him while taking a risky shot. If Vardy was wide open, them no born am well not to pass....that's why the likes of Yakubu scored loads of goals in the epl....be selfish

Bigpokey24 wrote:Kele needs to be a selfish striker...that goal Barnes scored was a perfect example of benching players who don't pass
..kele was wide open and he ignored him while taking a risky shot. If Vardy was wide open, them no born am well not to pass....that's why the likes of Yakubu scored loads of goals in the epl....be selfish
Couldn't agree more. For all of Kele's shortcomings as a striker, Barnes and Maddison are major reasons for him not scoring more. Both players consistently bypass Kele in their selfish quest for personal glory, something they never try with Vardy.

Kele does need to become more selfish and more vocal. I think he had a fairly decent game, though not as effective as he can be. He's really grown at Leicester, more involved with the ball and team play.

Ndidi was immaculate.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

Cally wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Kele needs to be a selfish striker...that goal Barnes scored was a perfect example of benching players who don't pass
Couldn't agree more. For all of Kele's shortcomings as a striker, Barnes and Maddison are major reasons for him not scoring more. Both players consistently bypass Kele in their selfish quest for personal glory, something they never try with Vardy.

Kele does need to become more selfish and more vocal. I think he had a fairly decent game, though not as effective as he can be. He's really grown at Leicester, more involved with the ball and team play.

Ndidi was immaculate.
Maybe in other games, but in this particular game Kelly was fed and only has himself to blame for not scoring. I was hoping he’d be able to show he could carry the load with Vardy out...

See my people blaming others when Kelechi had at least four good chances and squandered them. If Barnes and Maddison are selfish, how come Vardie is still scoring when he plays with them?

We Naijas are just something else. I put it to you that if Victor Osimhen had been playing in that game for Leicester, he would have scored at least two goals like Vardie.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:See my people blaming others when Kelechi had at least four good chances and squandered them. If Barnes and Maddison are selfish, how come Vardie is still scoring when he plays with them?

We Naijas are just something else. I put it to you that if Victor Osimhen had been playing in that game for Leicester, he would have scored at least two goals like Vardie.
when was the last time Vic even scored a goal ?