Awaziem Rising!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Awaziem Rising!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Leganes beat Villareal 2-1 at home today. Awaziem was a rock at the back with timely tackles, good distribution and aerial dominance . Omeruo chopped bench and Chukwueze cam on in the 2nd half but wasn’t too effective thanks in large part to Awaziem.

We gotta start recognizing our defender’s play when they do well. Some of the most important players on the field rarely score.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awaziem Rising!

Post by Dammy »

Omeruo came on in the 2nd half as well and helped the team to close up the game.
I am happy
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Awaziem was absolute monster! Would have won the man of the match but for Oscar who scored the 2 goals for Leganes' win.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:Omeruo came on in the 2nd half as well and helped the team to close up the game.
He did and was very helpful in closing the game.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we are actually very good in the centre back department

we currently have

Ekong, Awaziem, Ajayi, Omeruo, Balogun

Already one of these 5 will probably not make any final squad

and we will likely have one or two more CB's naturalized to join the ranks.

A very solid set of central defenders. This area is no longer a problem.

In fact our problem areas along with Goalkeeping now seems to be a lack of depth in the midfield
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

how many times will I tell you people that we cannot claim to be set in a position where there isn't any "Worldclass Defender" or a player at a big club. we just have bunch of average defenders this far and we arent set until a world class defender emerge
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:how many times will I tell you people that we cannot claim to be set in a position where there isn't any "Worldclass Defender" or a player at a big club. we just have bunch of average defenders this far and we arent set until a world class defender emerge
It's about 'levels'.
I also disagree with those kind of statements like "we are set" or "we are stacked".
IMHO that can never quite be the case until we are boasting some of the best players in the world in several positions - which is kind of what you are saying.

However, I think we can confidently now start pushing for a top 12 position on the FIFA world rankings and we all know that once you are there, to use the famous words of the late, great Stephen Keshi: "Anytin can happun. Di'is foo'ball" :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:we are actually very good in the centre back department

we currently have

In fact our problem areas along with Goalkeeping now seems to be a lack of depth in the midfield
Add Adarabioyo and Udokhai to the equation.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:

we currently have

Was it you who gave confirmation about Udokhai in another thread ? What is the deal with that ?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

we currently have

Was it you who gave confirmation about Udokhai in another thread ? What is the deal with that ?
He's signed up for us, announcement coming soon.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Dammy wrote:

we currently have

He's signed up for us, announcement coming soon.
Pls ....hold the press. I have it on good authority that Jamani are about to call him for Euro 2020 . He has waited for years so he might as well wait a few more months. Stay tuned!
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:how many times will I tell you people that we cannot claim to be set in a position where there isn't any "Worldclass Defender" or a player at a big club. we just have bunch of average defenders this far and we arent set until a world class defender emerge
it appears that you will never learn! its not always about individuals, but the team. Yes you need good players, but you also need to forge them into a team, ESPECIALLY in defence.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote:
It's about 'levels'.
I also disagree with those kind of statements like "we are set" or "we are stacked".
IMHO that can never quite be the case until we are boasting some of the best players in the world in several positions - which is kind of what you are saying.

However, I think we can confidently now start pushing for a top 12 position on the FIFA world rankings and we all know that once you are there, to use the famous words of the late, great Stephen Keshi: "Anytin can happun. Di'is foo'ball" :thumb:
ths killed me :bump: :bump:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bro,
these things happen in stages. We've gone from having hey yous, to having players in belgium and ukraine, now we have players in the top 5 leaggues.

by next seasn and next we woudl have players in the top 5. already ighalo has broken in, same with victor moses.

in another 2yrs, we wuld have the likes of ekong, osimhem, simon, ndidi, aina, ejuke in the top 5.

its a process. You cant just sit in your house jerking off and wishing it just happens as quick as u cum.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Dammy wrote:

we currently have

Udokhai ko, indomie ni.

the dunce refused to play for Nigeria preferring Germany. now that he isnt even sure of a call to Germany, he now wants to play for Nigeria.

Please Nigeria is NOT a dumping ground. We have over 20m youths in nigeria playing here day to day and hoping to play for Nigeria one day and you are there promoting one FACKING foreigner.