UCL: LIVERPOOL VS AMad 2-3 (2-4) agg

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL: LIVERPOOL VS AMad (2-2) 2-3 agg ET

Post by Coach »

Field Marshall double Ogbuefi Barrister Simeone.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Man I enjoy watching Atletico.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Beaten like an ayilara pickpocket
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: UCL: LIVERPOOL VS AMad 2-3 (2-4)agg ET

Post by Sleaky72 »

GAME, SET, MATCH!
What a Game.
Viva Espana!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I have never seen a team more tenacious than this Atletico :woot: :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL: LIVERPOOL VS AMad 2-3 (2-4) agg

Post by oloye »

:clap: :clap: :clap: The tactics was spot on, the substitution impeccable, game management out of this world... Take a bow Ogbuefi, Mazi, Obong, Otunba, Zaki Diego Simeone
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I have never seen a team more tenacious than this Atletico :woot: :woot:
They are a team you don't want to meet in the Champions League. When i saw what they did to Barcelona a few years ago, I realized Simeone is the coach Mourinho wants to be. When they defend, you no fit go anywhere. When they counter-attack, they are deadly.

That said, Adrian is the worst goalkeeper in the world. Ezigbo nkata (real basket). In the dressing room, every player should give him two dorty slaps. Salah should be sold as soon as possible. :mad:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they are collection of nobodies in the land star-bodies called RM.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohsee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:I have never seen a team more tenacious than this Atletico :woot: :woot:
They are a team you don't want to meet in the Champions League. When i saw what they did to Barcelona a few years ago, I realized Simeone is the coach Mourinho wants to be. When they defend, you no fit go anywhere. When they counter-attack, they are deadly.

That said, Adrian is the worst goalkeeper in the world. Ezigbo nkata (real basket). In the dressing room, every player should give him two dorty slaps. Salah should be sold as soon as possible. :mad:
Salah sold?
You sure?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Sleaky72 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

Salah sold?
You sure?
Watch him. Since his injury he has not been the same. 99% of the time, he fooks up plays, makes wrong passes, does the bonehead thing, and then occasionally scores a goal.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I bin predict this loss oh. My son told me no way, but I told him Simeone is the best defensive/ counterattacking coach in the world, and I knew it was terrible luck for Liverpool to meet Atletico before the final.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=295865&p=5556218#p5556218
ohsee wrote:
benteke wrote:I can see another all English CL final, City and Liverpool.
Chief, I fear for ma boys oh. They need to find ways to pry open that Atletico D, without conceding a goal. Atletico is no joke. And neither is Simeone.
Let me go drown my sorrows with akpeteshie. :atc:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohsee wrote:I bin predict this loss oh. My son told me no way, but I told him Simeone is the best defensive/ counterattacking coach in the world, and I knew it was terrible luck for Liverpool to meet Atletico before the final.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=295865&p=5556218#p5556218
ohsee wrote:
benteke wrote:I can see another all English CL final, City and Liverpool.
Chief, I fear for ma boys oh. They need to find ways to pry open that Atletico D, without conceding a goal. Atletico is no joke. And neither is Simeone.
Let me go drown my sorrows with akpeteshie. :atc:
Dede Ohsee they did the needful until sloppiness and stupidity took over. And that Spanish double agent in goal for Liverpool made sure the defeat for Liverpool was certain.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Owen talking trash, declaring Simeone’s setup as anything but genius.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

GONE IN 60 SECONDS! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote:

For real!! Their technical quality, mental toughness and focus is out of this world. :clap: :clap:

Anyone who watched Simeone play will agree that no other top flight team better reflects the qualities of their coach. Always meticulously well drilled and prepared. How on earth are they 6th in La Liga?

That was a rhetorical question. La Liga is overflowing with quality teams :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Diego Someone is a don

I have always loved Atletico and I love Koke :thumbs:

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Next up, Chelsea
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Liverpool are not that creative, so can't break down stubborn defences. They rely too much on crosses from fullbacks and the occasional magic from Mane. Their game is simply high energy pressing which works to some extent until the players start tiring and start running out of ideas. Last night they just resorted to hoofing the ball to the big fella from the back - VVD. That's a Borinho tactic from his days with Robert Huth.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
ohsee wrote:

For real!! Their technical quality, mental toughness and focus is out of this world. :clap: :clap:

Anyone who watched Simeone play will agree that no other top flight team better reflects the qualities of their coach. Always meticulously well drilled and prepared. How on earth are they 6th in La Liga?

That was a rhetorical question. La Liga is overflowing with quality teams :thumbs:
There are also in the middle of rebuilding.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@CIC, harsh and somewhat illogical conclusion. 35 attempts on goal, 9 saves, a couple clatterings with the woodwork. Liverpool lay siege to the Atletico goal. One cannot overstate the significance of a safe pair of hands between the sticks. Add to that, the defensive resolve and durability of Atletico. Few could do as they did. First goal aside, the susceptibility to quick counters remains Liverpool’s Achilles heel, all the more reason Klopp places great emphasis on recovery and second phase. If one can recover the ball and hit the space behind the fullbacks, there’s trouble to be had.

That said, Liverpool are a tremendously creative outfit, 35 shots, 9 forcing saves, is no small feat. Glad to see them out.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Coach wrote:@CIC, harsh and somewhat illogical conclusion. 35 attempts on goal, 9 saves, a couple clatterings with the woodwork. Liverpool lay siege to the Atletico goal. One cannot overstate the significance of a safe pair of hands between the sticks. Add to that, the defensive resolve and durability of Atletico. Few could do as they did. First goal aside, the susceptibility to quick counters remains Liverpool’s Achilles heel, all the more reason Klopp places great emphasis on recovery and second phase. If one can recover the ball and hit the space behind the fullbacks, there’s trouble to be had.

That said, Liverpool are a tremendously creative outfit, 35 shots, 9 forcing saves, is no small feat. Glad to see them out.
35 shots from helter-skelter football like I described!
http://www.naijiant.com/
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The very same helter skeltering that warmed the throne of all Europe till last night and is making a mockery of the less heltery skeltery on home soil. Liverpool’s philosophy is up, close and personal, in your face football. Relentless. Many are pressed into panic. Atletico are a breed of their own. Few are at greatest comfort sitting back, soaking up punches in the corner. Few would’ve been standing on two feet at the bell for the final round. Atletico are a different breed.