UCL: LIVERPOOL VS AMad 2-3 (2-4) agg

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL: LIVERPOOL VS AMad 2-3 (2-4) agg

Post by marko »

highly entertaining game!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:@CIC, harsh and somewhat illogical conclusion. 35 attempts on goal, 9 saves, a couple clatterings with the woodwork. Liverpool lay siege to the Atletico goal. One cannot overstate the significance of a safe pair of hands between the sticks. Add to that, the defensive resolve and durability of Atletico. Few could do as they did. First goal aside, the susceptibility to quick counters remains Liverpool’s Achilles heel, all the more reason Klopp places great emphasis on recovery and second phase. If one can recover the ball and hit the space behind the fullbacks, there’s trouble to be had.

That said, Liverpool are a tremendously creative outfit, 35 shots, 9 forcing saves, is no small feat. Glad to see them out.
Very relentless team.
At some point in the 2nd half i was resigned to Atletico losing at least 3-0.
I'm also glad they are out, I'm sure the remaining teams are glad too
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote:
Very relentless team.
At some point in the 2nd half i was resigned to Atletico losing at least 3-0.
I'm also glad they are out, I'm sure the remaining teams are glad too
When Liverpool scored in the 1st half, I thought it was over. B/c I thought Atleti just needed to ensure the 1st half ended goalless or that they scored first. Then when Liverpool made it 2-0. I thought there was no coming back for Atleti.
http://www.naijiant.com/
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Simeone masterclass?? For where? Atletico offered nothing in 90 minutes. Sat back and defended while Liverpool created chance after chance. some of you are carrying on like it was a masterclass in defending. :lol:

Adrian gifted Atletico the game. But they were clinical so well done to them.

Anyway, once the season is finished Liverpool will still be European champions as the next round of games won't be played any time soon..... :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

I thought so too. The credit I give to them is the heart. That they got from their coach. The header from Robertson that hit the crossbar could be termed lucky but the heart of the defender to not give up and challenged Robertson, otherwise he heads into an open goal. So partly lucky but Mane and Salah played hard but poor finishing. Everything being said, Adrian just needed to pass the ball left to Milner. He Adrian got us out of 2 cups in 1 week. He makes too many errors leading to goal and his set up before a shot on goal is horrible. Oh Well, he was never going to be Alison. We go again.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

"I don't understand with the quality they have the football they play. They could play proper football but they stand deep and have counter-attacks," said the German.

"We accept it of course but it doesn't feel right tonight. I realise I am a really bad loser, especially when the boys put such an effort in against world class players on the other side who defend with two rows of four."
Klopp.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Sleaky72 wrote:
"I don't understand with the quality they have the football they play. They could play proper football but they stand deep and have counter-attacks," said the German.

"We accept it of course but it doesn't feel right tonight. I realise I am a really bad loser, especially when the boys put such an effort in against world class players on the other side who defend with two rows of four."
Klopp.
Sounds like Mourinho :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:Simeone masterclass?? For where? Atletico offered nothing in 90 minutes. Sat back and defended while Liverpool created chance after chance. some of you are carrying on like it was a masterclass in defending. :lol:

Adrian gifted Atletico the game. But they were clinical so well done to them.

Anyway, once the season is finished Liverpool will still be European champions as the next round of games won't be played any time soon..... :D
BOOO HOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOO :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

e pain am! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote:

Klopp.
Loser wit rotten teeth! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

wanaj0 wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Klopp.
Sounds like Mourinho :)
Kicking a man when he is down
:oops: :oops:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

balo wrote:
"A ganar!!!". Kudos to Diego "el cholo" Simeone :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Sleaky72 wrote:

Klopp.
I remember when Yujam and his fellow La Liga fanboys used to flatly deny that Atletico is one team that tends to play what is normally called parking a bus when it's done by any English team coached by Mourinho.
Even after yesterday some people are re-branding that as a defensive masterclass.
Had that team done exactly the same under Mourinho, there would be universal outrage.
Hypocrisy levels :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

The Keeper messed up the game, simple as that. Blunders happen... Liverpool got the 2 unreplied goals they needed and are good this season at closing out games once winning. Nothing more needs to be said.

If the game was scheduled for next week, it would have been postponed and Allison would have returned in goal on the rescheduled day.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

MYMIND wrote:The Keeper messed up the game, simple as that. Blunders happen... Liverpool got the 2 unreplied goals they needed and are good this season at closing out games once winning. Nothing more needs to be said.

If the game was scheduled for next week, it would have been postponed and Allison would have returned in goal on the rescheduled day.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote: I remember when Yujam and his fellow La Liga fanboys used to flatly deny that Atletico is one team that tends to play what is normally called parking a bus when it's done by any English team coached by Mourinho.
Even after yesterday some people are re-branding that as a defensive masterclass.
Had that team done exactly the same under Mourinho, there would be universal outrage.
Atleti park the bus against Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, but play good football against teams lesser than those. Borinho parks the bus against Southampton. Atleti came to Stamford Bridge and played Chelsea under Borinho off the park in a 3-1 win in a CL semi.

Borinho took his bus to Madrid. I doubt if Simeone will park the bus if he coached a team like that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Some people are hurting deeply. They are hurting and their heart is burning because they know this Liverpool team is another Leicester and another Blackburn. Nothing more! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

O-N-E-B-L-E! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote: I remember when Yujam and his fellow La Liga fanboys used to flatly deny that Atletico is one team that tends to play what is normally called parking a bus when it's done by any English team coached by Mourinho.
Atleti park the bus against Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, but play good football against teams lesser than those. Borinho parks the bus against Southampton. Atleti came to Stamford Bridge and played Chelsea under Borinho off the park in a 3-1 win in a CL semi.

Borinho took his bus to Madrid. I doubt if Simeone will park the bus if he coached a team like that.
They really don't.

Same might not be true for present day Mou but with Inter their CL style was different from league style and the Madrid team was very attacking.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kalani JR wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

They really don't.

Same might not be true for present day Mou but with Inter their CL style was different from league style and the Madrid team was very attacking.
We told them this long time ago, now i just want to see how much further they will go defending Simeone tactics at Anfield.
Those tactics actually don't bother me, i enjoy watching such dogged performances, but i don't like people lying to me trying to act as if it's anything better than what Mourinho normally gets criticised for in big games.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

When the dust settles, the salient point is, however incongruous with the Kloppian view on opposing strategy, Atletico won both legs. Prior to that, when last had Liverpool lost at home? How many defeats in the past 70 odd games. Perhaps Klopp was dabbling in rhetoricals...why do they play like that? Two games, two defeats. Does one need to ask?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kalani JR wrote: They really don't.

Atleti play very good football when they are not up against the teams I mentioned. Go and watch them at Stamford Bridge against Borinho and Chelski.

Nobody ever said "very attacking" and Borinho in the same sentence unless you mean counter-attacking or poking Tito Vilanova in the eye. He was criticised by Di Stefano at Madrid, who asked whether Madrid were men or mice.
A key to understanding Mourinho’s methods lies in the controversial but respected and widely cited Diego Torres biography of the Portuguese boss.

In the book, Torres outlines Mourinho’s seven-point plan for big games:

1. The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6. Whoever has the ball has fear.

7. Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.
https://www.the42.ie/jose-mourinho-opin ... 7-May2018/
Borinho was a bus driver at Porto, Inter and it became even more ingrained in him after Madrid's 5-0 defeat to Barca.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cic old boy wrote:
kalani JR wrote: They really don't.

Atleti play very good football when they are not up against the teams I mentioned. Go and watch them at Stamford Bridge against Borinho and Chelski.

Nobody ever said "very attacking" and Borinho in the same sentence unless you mean counter-attacking or poking Tito Vilanova in the eye. He was criticised by Di Stefano at Madrid, who asked whether Madrid were men or mice.
A key to understanding Mourinho’s methods lies in the controversial but respected and widely cited Diego Torres biography of the Portuguese boss.

In the book, Torres outlines Mourinho’s seven-point plan for big games:

1. The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6. Whoever has the ball has fear.

7. Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.
https://www.the42.ie/jose-mourinho-opin ... 7-May2018/
Borinho was a bus driver at Porto, Inter and it became even more ingrained in him after Madrid's 5-0 defeat to Barca.
They scored over a 100 goals in the league in each one of his seasons at Madrid. Everyone judges his Inter team from the games vs. Barça (the second leg is one of the greatest tactical masterclasses of all time) but in the league they were very open and attacking.