Ighalo Is Such a Waste Pipe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Ighalo Is Such a Waste Pipe

Post by niyi »

Rohr is too impatient with Kelechi and too patient with Ighalo.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I tall target man in Simy was the outlet we needed. Rohr has to go.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

marutimon wrote:
Enyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
airwolex wrote:The first chance he snatched at...the second was well saved...bad luck to us!
First chance is gilt edged keeper stranded defender struggling to recover, put any Argie player there and it’s a goal. Even their goalie will at least hit the target.
I think he played better than Kelechi nevertheless. At least he got the chances.
Didn't play better, the second half when the back four tires Kelechi would have come into his own esp. with Argentina chasing the game....I would have brought on Iwobi for Etebo second half.... then look at taking Kelechi off for Ogu towards the end
Kelechi turns into a different animal once he gets a sniff on goal. I still would have prefered keeping him on than letting Ighalo waste chances. Else I would have given Simy a chance.

Ighalo is the first player out of the Super Eagles squad. There is no future with him. I'm betting on Sadiq Umar.
But he can't make his chances and we don't have players that can create for him.

There was one time he had a sniff and came back on his left leg and the Argentines surrounded him. Tbh, neither has proven themselves, however Kelechi is young. Ighalos time is over.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

airwolex wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Enyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
airwolex wrote:The first chance he snatched at...the second was well saved...bad luck to us!
First chance is gilt edged keeper stranded defender struggling to recover, put any Argie player there and it’s a goal. Even their goalie will at least hit the target.
I think he played better than Kelechi nevertheless. At least he got the chances.
Didn't play better, the second half when the back four tires Kelechi would have come into his own esp. with Argentina chasing the game....I would have brought on Iwobi for Etebo second half.... then look at taking Kelechi off for Ogu towards the end
Kelechi turns into a different animal once he gets a sniff on goal. I still would have prefered keeping him on than letting Ighalo waste chances. Else I would have given Simy a chance.

Ighalo is the first player out of the Super Eagles squad. There is no future with him. I'm betting on Sadiq Umar.
But he can't make his chances and we don't have players that can create for him.

There was one time he had a sniff and came back on his left leg and the Argentines surrounded him. Tbh, neither has proven themselves, however Kelechi is young. Ighalos time is over.

I LOVE Kelechi as much as a fan can love a player but he didn't look good from the start. His touches were off, movement, decision making. Just not good compared to the Iceland match. But I would have preferred to see Nwankwo in the match as a sub for him rather than Ighalo. We know what Ighalo can (or rather can't do). At least Nwankwo would have provided some sort of unpredictability up front and most likely better finishing.

--------------------------------------------
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

DIMKA76 wrote:I tall target man in Simy was the outlet we needed. Rohr has to go.
But does Rohr has to go for Simi to be the target man?
We all agree that Ighalo has to go. So also, Onazi, Akpeyi and few others
Beside Simi, other young and upcoming players like the Nwakali brothers, Oyekuru, Kayode etc need to be brought in now
And all these can happen with Rohr in place
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

niyi wrote:Rohr is too impatient with Kelechi and too patient with Ighalo.
Going forward neither are the solution. Ighalo for obvious reasons. Iheanacho still has a chance to turn things around, don't know if he can though. He's a good finisher, but lacking in all other areas of the game.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Bobo Dan wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:I tall target man in Simy was the outlet we needed. Rohr has to go.
Beside Simi, other young and upcoming players like the Nwakali brothers, Oyekuru, Kayode etc need to be brought in now
To me, it would have even been better we came to the world cup with Junior Lakosa... He would have done better than Ighalo. He is fast, skillful, and brilliant in front of goal....
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

mutiman wrote:
niyi wrote:Rohr is too impatient with Kelechi and too patient with Ighalo.
Going forward neither are the solution. Ighalo for obvious reasons. Iheanacho still has a chance to turn things around, don't know if he can though. He's a good finisher, but lacking in all other areas of the game.
I don't know how much he cares about self improvement. He's clearly not working on weaknesses than can be fixed... fitness, challenging for headers, overreliance on his left foot and he slips a lot (seems like a change of boots will help)
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Ive been saying this since but they insulted me. He is a misfit in the SE.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

F360 wrote:
airwolex wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Enyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I LOVE Kelechi as much as a fan can love a player but he didn't look good from the start. His touches were off, movement, decision making. Just not good compared to the Iceland match. But I would have preferred to see Nwankwo in the match as a sub for him rather than Ighalo. We know what Ighalo can (or rather can't do). At least Nwankwo would have provided some sort of unpredictability up front and most likely better finishing.
From the moment he fluffed that early chance from I believe Mascherano's miscue I knew it wasn't his day. He seemed to have the jitters as the occasion overwhelmed him.

Besides I think he needs to play behind a target man.

Didn't stop me from cussing him out after the miss though. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Bobo Dan wrote:
I agree with you but for this line
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:bump: :bump: :bump: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mace is a loser
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

2drama wrote:Thanks for your services Ighalo

I wish you all the best in retirement

Its time to search for more better Strikers
I thought you were Ghanaian? :shock:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Kabalega wrote:
2drama wrote:Thanks for your services Ighalo

I wish you all the best in retirement

Its time to search for more better Strikers
I thought you were Ghanaian? :shock:
It's a shame that despite Ighalo's goals in the AFCON qualifiers and tournaments, Nigerians didn't respect him. He's only earning the respect now he's scoring for Manchester United.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mace is a King
I hagree wholeheartedly :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

What a thread! What a signing!
http://www.naijiant.com/