Life as a Shooting stars player...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

BAP
Egg
Egg
Re: Life as a Shooting stars player...

Post by BAP »

zoldsasok wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote: How an ajebutter school like Gofti or ISI ended up beating MEthodist High School in football is a mystery that FIFA must investigate. Where did you guys get Arogundade from? I keep hearing this name whenever GCI's exploits is mentioned.
Perhaps because we werent as butter as you thought ? :mad: :mrgreen:

WhiCh one be GOFTI?
your butter even pass my own if you go ISI and you no sabi gofti :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
LOL ..

U Know say for awa front all the other schools might as well not have existed ...!! :)

ISI was definitely not butter at least not in my time :)
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

oloye wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote: How an ajebutter school like Gofti or ISI ended up beating MEthodist High School in football is a mystery that FIFA must investigate. Where did you guys get Arogundade from? I keep hearing this name whenever GCI's exploits is mentioned.
Perhaps because we werent as butter as you thought ? :mad: :mrgreen:

WhiCh one be GOFTI?
That was what government college was called ....back then in my school methodist high school.
You sabi md(Mister Dolly) there ? :)
What year? Mr Dolly never identified himself as a former Methoe person oh. :scared:
Not sure but I think 84/85 something like taht
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

One of those days of living in memories
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote:One of those days of living in memories
My good friend Comrade Toxic, sadly, that is all that is left for you.....living in memories. I feel for you bro. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

ukwala wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:One of those days of living in memories
My good friend Comrade Toxic, sadly, that is all that is left for you.....living in memories. I feel for you bro. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Hey Comrade Ukwala: Na condition wey make crayfish bend. However, the downfall of a man is not the end of life. The Oluyole Warriors are marching back to re-claim our lost empire :!: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by Toxicarrow on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Wow thanks for resurrecting this thread. As a kid back then, Very sure I watched Oloye and shooting train a few times in Forestry. Walked by their residence in Akinola Maja regularly on my way to dugbe. Memories men
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

greg wrote:Wow thanks for resurrecting this thread. As a kid back then, Very sure I watched Oloye and shooting train a few times in Forestry. Walked by their residence in Akinola Maja regularly on my way to dugbe. Memories men
Small world nor be so Greg. Those were the days.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

oloye wrote:
greg wrote:Wow thanks for resurrecting this thread. As a kid back then, Very sure I watched Oloye and shooting train a few times in Forestry. Walked by their residence in Akinola Maja regularly on my way to dugbe. Memories men
Small world indeed. I don't know if you would remember the compound next door had a "grinding machine" where all the homes in the neighbourhood would bring their tomatoes and pepper to blend for a fee. Also that small tailor shop on the corner across the street. :rotf: Then the dreaded Jericho Nursing Home where my parents will take us forcefully for chloroquine injections when malaria strikes. I hear the whole area is untouchable real estate now. To say I know, I for don grab plenty land at next to nothing. Speaking of high school football then, Baptist grammar school all stars of the 80's all lived in the neighbourhood. 100% sure if those guys were born in England, they would all have had Premiership careers. I sometimes wonder if the Saka kid in Arsenal is the son of the Baptist Saka. Dem resemble well well.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

greg wrote:
oloye wrote:
Small world indeed. I don't know if you would remember the compound next door had a "grinding machine" where all the homes in the neighbourhood would bring their tomatoes and pepper to blend for a fee. Also that small tailor shop on the corner across the street. :rotf: Then the dreaded Jericho Nursing Home where my parents will take us forcefully for chloroquine injections when malaria strikes. I hear the whole area is untouchable real estate now. To say I know, I for don grab plenty land at next to nothing. Speaking of high school football then, Baptist grammar school all stars of the 80's all lived in the neighbourhood. 100% sure if those guys were born in England, they would all have had Premiership careers. I sometimes wonder if the Saka kid in Arsenal is the son of the Baptist Saka. Dem resemble well well.
Most of the houses around the area were run down govt buildings, you are right with a little bit of foresight one could have either bought one or bought the lands that looked like they were wasting away at the time. I loved the area at the time it was peaceful and quiet, and ideal place to locate a sporting camp. With Trans Motel nearby we had a place to chill in the evening. But back then the club was poorly managed even with these potentials
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote:
greg wrote:
oloye wrote:
Most of the houses around the area were run down govt buildings, you are right with a little bit of foresight one could have either bought one or bought the lands that looked like they were wasting away at the time. I loved the area at the time it was peaceful and quiet, and ideal place to locate a sporting camp. With Trans Motel nearby we had a place to chill in the evening. But back then the club was poorly managed even with these potentials
Jericho/idishin is now expensive real estate. All those old colonial government houses have been replaced by modern buildings.
I am happy
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

shooting stars wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 am Hi everybody especially Oloye my very good friend.
It´s so nice to read these postings about football in the 80´s and 90´s. I was blessed to be part of it and
been a born and bred Ibadan boy, i couldn´t resist joining the conversation. Oloye (Bolaji) , this is Tunji
Adeyemi from Germany and i would like you to continue the good work here. Reading your lines brings back
very nice and passionate memories of Ibadan and Shooting Stars. To play for Shooting Stars, win Laurels and
also captain the Club will always remain a special part of my life.
It´s true that Oloye played for Shooting Stars when things were not going well for the team, i mean the 89 season.
But in 1990 Chief Onigbinde took over the administration of the Club and from then on the Club started improving both
on and off the pitch. In the 1992 Season, we were, in my opinion, the best team in Nigeria. With Demola Bankole
and David Aigbovo in Goal, the defense line with christopher, Ogbein Fawole, Bright Omokaro, Ajibade Babalade. Taofik
Malik, Golden Ajebo, Mojeed Azeez and my humble self in midfield. On the wings we had Godwin Osusu and Dotun Alatise
with Andrew Uti and Sola Akinwale upfront. We were really good and went on to win the CAF Cup. I can still vividly remember
the 2-0 whipping BCC Lions got in Ibadan with Oloye and another very good friend of mine Samuel Elija ( sammy touga) in the
central defense for BCC. I scored one of the goals with a header just to remind oloye. Those were the days. Young, Proud and
tough we were, flying the blue banners of Shooting Stars high throughout the country and the continent.
Warmest greetings to you and your family oloye. God´s blessing.
Good evening.
Great thread
Great Oloye Baba

Please is Shooting Stars (Tunji Adeyemi) still posting here?
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Gofty became a power house when Awoseyi brought reinforcement. Peter Okoh, Amala, Zico, Elijah, Menanseh, joined Keisha, Arogundade and OJ. Solid combination.

The next batch of recruits/ transfers came in 1982/83. Wole Oniriko, The Aghuno brothers, Jimmy Okandeji and Segun Adeyemi (3SC) who later went to Germany after winning the CAF cup with shooting.