EPL Spurs wants the season voided

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
EPL Spurs wants the season voided

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the useless spurs wants a back door into europe next season , they along with westham voted to have the league voided :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is a huge clue in the fact that West Ham and Spurs asked for the season to be voided at the meeting yesterday. They have obviously had legal advice to say that the season will be treated as if it hadn't happened. Spurs will be back in Europe and West Ham will stay up.
https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... rules-say/
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL Spurs wants the season voided

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I tell you sey na them start this virus! Gotta give it to them sha! Just imagine the season is voided, Spurs will go straight back into CL and have all their top players back in time for the new season! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaii! Levy na wicked man! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

So Liverpoo's trophyless streak in the EPL may continue?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:So Liverpoo's trophyless streak in the EPL may continue?
God dont like ugly! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

England's football authorities will delay the start of the 2020-21 season until the last ball has been kicked in the 2019-20 campaign, with sources telling ESPN that this year's Premier League and EFL seasons will "absolutely finish before the next one begins."

"The FA's Rules and Regulations state that 'the season shall terminate not later than the June 1' and 'each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season.'

"However, the FA's board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019-20 season in relation to professional football. Additionally, we have collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than April 30.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-pre ... l-april-30
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:England's football authorities will delay the start of the 2020-21 season until the last ball has been kicked in the 2019-20 campaign, with sources telling ESPN that this year's Premier League and EFL seasons will "absolutely finish before the next one begins."

"The FA's Rules and Regulations state that 'the season shall terminate not later than the June 1' and 'each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season.'

"However, the FA's board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019-20 season in relation to professional football. Additionally, we have collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than April 30.

good news, Spurs must never ever use wuruwuru to get to europa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why do people lie for the sake of it? This idiotic rumor has been making the round for weeks now and it still gets recycled.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I don't think teams are going want the season voided, a lot of them will owe millions to tv stations if it happens.
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

kalani JR wrote:I don't think teams are going want the season voided, a lot of them will owe millions to tv stations if it happens.

Another insightful perspective :clap: :clap:

But I won't vouch for some teams, it was reported by several reputable media outlets that West Ham boss wanted the season voided. :rotf: :rotf:
KK
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

txj wrote:England's football authorities will delay the start of the 2020-21 season until the last ball has been kicked in the 2019-20 campaign, with sources telling ESPN that this year's Premier League and EFL seasons will "absolutely finish before the next one begins."

Best move in my humble opinion. You finish the current season when you can finish it and start the next one whenever. It is the fair thing to do. :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Kunle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I don't think teams are going want the season voided, a lot of them will owe millions to tv stations if it happens.

Another insightful perspective :clap: :clap:

But I won't vouch for some teams, it was reported by several reputable media outlets that West Ham boss wanted the season voided. :rotf: :rotf:
They are facing relegation, so the voiding of the season will be preferable to them even with the losses incurred by TV fines.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:

Best move in my humble opinion. You finish the current season when you can finish it and start the next one whenever. It is the fair thing to do. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is not arbitrary. There are rules. The fair thing to do is always to follow the rules.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And England cannot make this decision in a vacuum, contrary to what her majesty, the Queen's Secret Servants believe, :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The new season's calendar will begin at the same time the other European season's begin.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Abeg cancel the season jo :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YemiBrazil wrote:Abeg cancel the season jo :mrgreen:

you be Spudite? Not long ago, Dele was making fun of an Asian family taunting them about coronavirus....now the whole world is in trouble....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

you be Spudite? Not long ago, Dele was making fun of an Asian family taunting them about coronavirus....now the whole world is in trouble....
I do not speak for Spurs or Dele 8-)

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chiefu, how you take bring Dele enta thread about season ending or not?

Yes Dele mouth be like car wey break don fail but na Dele cause Corona?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YemiBrazil wrote:So Liverpoo's trophyless streak in the EPL may continue?
Very little chance of that happening. The gap is so wide and they've been so dominant that even if the season is scrapped, it'll be unfair not to award them the title.

But my guess is the season will more likely be truncated, not voided.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I think they will complete the season, start the 20/21 season late and then possibly sacrifice one of the cup tournaments next season.
One suggestion I have is that if push comes to shove they could contract next season by using some kind of random ballot and have each team play only like 36 rather than 44 game; meaning every team will play everyone else once, but may avoid playing certain teams twice.
Once everyone agrees to it before the season starts, and it is randomly done by ballot, then the EPL might be able to claw back lost time in readiness for the 21/22 season.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Abbreviate the international windows, make domestic cup contests single leg fixtures. Forfeit the winter break. It doesn’t need to be as complex as the above. Plus, any tampering with the viewings and one can imagine a fully bearded BT Sports banging on the doors to the FA, 3 in the morning and you know what they’re knocking for, “where ma’ money, you don’t wanna’ be da one I blast brotha”.