RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Post by ohenhen1 »

What exactly has Rohr achieved with Nigeria that makes him irreplaceable? There was a SE team before Rohr and there will be a SE team after. Give the job to Emanuel Amuneke. He has paid his dues.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Nigeria is a difficult place, Pinnick handed the U17, U20 and Olympic teams to them and we know the end result.
They're all now focused on the SE and if Pinnick bows to their pressure, the SE would go the way of the age grade teams.
Na wa ooooo.

We must have been living in a parallel universe. The failure to qualify for the age grade tournament is the fault of "them".

The "them" were quite successful qualifying for age grade competition before Pinnick become NFF president. Now it's, the fault of "them" when Pinnick became NFF president that we failed to qualify for age grade competition.

Why are you lying? Yes, it's a strong accusation. What do you have to gain from not saying the truth, despite, knowing the truth.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

highbury wrote:Nigeria is cursed sha. Bad leaders, weak people
:clap:But Nigerians don’t want change and anyone smart enough isn’t dying for sheep that will simply forget about their effort (RIP Ken Saro-Waka may your star allways shine bright)!
As for football,Nigeria doesn’t have the organisation and mentality to harbour a professional mentality!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I fail to see the need to replace him. Patience is something badly lacking with our football. We forget that it took Westerhoff five years to build a team.

When I look back at the attacks on Didier Descamps after Euro 2016 and then see how the French persevered with him until he won the 2018 World Cup, it is easy to tell that patience pays off. We are on a roll, we are drawing with Brazil and Rohr is gradually building a team. Replacing him now will be suicidal.
It is interesting how you suddenly realise that PATIENCE pays. Hope you will still remember 'this TRUTH' when the coach is Yobo, Finidi etc :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I fail to see the need to replace him. Patience is something badly lacking with our football. We forget that it took Westerhoff five years to build a team.

When I look back at the attacks on Didier Descamps after Euro 2016 and then see how the French persevered with him until he won the 2018 World Cup, it is easy to tell that patience pays off. We are on a roll, we are drawing with Brazil and Rohr is gradually building a team. Replacing him now will be suicidal.
It is interesting how you suddenly realise that PATIENCE pays. Hope you will still remember 'this TRUTH' when the coach is Yobo, Finidi etc :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Don't worry. CE never forgets.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

ohenhen1 wrote:What exactly has Rohr achieved with Nigeria that makes him irreplaceable? There was a SE team before Rohr and there will be a SE team after. Give the job to Emanuel Amuneke. He has paid his dues.
you have to understand continuation , amunneke can not even qualifier Nigeria for under 21 with the team he won under 17 with ,,dont get me wrong ammuneke is a good coach,, if you bring any coach now is like we starting over ,struggling with qualification ,,remember we dont have super star in our team at moment like kanus ,okocha etc that can turn teams around ,even during times of okocha,kanu they do struggle with average coach ..
thanks
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

delisyomie don wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:What exactly has Rohr achieved with Nigeria that makes him irreplaceable? There was a SE team before Rohr and there will be a SE team after. Give the job to Emanuel Amuneke. He has paid his dues.
you have to understand continuation , amunneke can not even qualifier Nigeria for under 21 with the team he won under 17 with ,,dont get me wrong ammuneke is a good coach,, if you bring any coach now is like we starting over ,struggling with qualification ,,remember we dont have super star in our team at moment like kanus ,okocha etc that can turn teams around ,even during times of okocha,kanu they do struggle with average coach ..

You also forgot to add that there were a NFF crisis at the time that affected all national teams. You also forgot to add that he qualified Tanzania to the Afcon. He won the U17 world cup with players like Osimhen and Chukwuze. Ex Barcelona player and former SE star performer. I also believe in continuation if i see the light at the end of the road. I dont believe in Rohr. The mere fact that he is still calling up Akpeyi tells me he is too conservative, not the right fit for Nigeria.

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Enugu II wrote:Rumors are spreading on what the Federation is planning after Gernot Rohr's current term expires in June. Bear in mind that SE is unlikely to play until late June or July. Meanwhile, there are no reported meetings to renew Rohr's contract inspite of Pinnick's claim a few weeks ago that a renewal is in the works.

The media have begun to publish rumors of coaches brought up in conversation with Federation officials. Here are some names being mentioned:

1. Yusuf Salisu (doing reasonably well with Enugu Rangers)
2. Emmanuel Amuneke
3. Finidi George
4. Julian Nagelsmann
5. Antoine Kamboure
6. Vahid Halilhodzic

In my view, George is a nonstarter except as one of the assistant coaches. Yusuf is a possibility as a Caretaker if transition is bungled and late. Halilhodzic will not occur except if heavy funds are possible. Just my hunches.
Nagelsmann working with the NFF at this stage of his career is akin to Ndidi signing for Sooting stars :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

With the current circs, Rohr's contract should be extended. It's not ideal to get rid of him on so many levels.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

DIMKA76 wrote:With the current circs, Rohr's contract should be extended. It's not ideal to get rid of him on so many levels.
No it should not.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
delisyomie don wrote:

You also forgot to add that there were a NFF crisis at the time that affected all national teams. You also forgot to add that he qualified Tanzania to the Afcon. He won the U17 world cup with players like Osimhen and Chukwuze. Ex Barcelona player and former SE star performer. I also believe in continuation if i see the light at the end of the road. I dont believe in Rohr. The mere fact that he is still calling up Akpeyi tells me he is too conservative, not the right fit for Nigeria.
The mere fact that you are an ABA man (Anyone But Akpeyi) shows you are as fake as they come. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

mcal wrote:...Rohr has suffocated them as per bribe, kickbacks, side deals, hence they want a new person.
With the list being tabled, they may be wanting a local coach they have screw anyway they want.
The mofos couldn't it to a white man.
After all this years a thief pocket gotta be dry. Bunch of idiots :curse:
You are right brother. I don't know why Nigerians are so destructive and always looking for quick result without planing and patience for the plant to bear fruits.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Nigeria is a difficult place, Pinnick handed the U17, U20 and Olympic teams to them and we know the end result.
They're all now focused on the SE and if Pinnick bows to their pressure, the SE would go the way of the age grade teams.
Na wa ooooo.

We must have been living in a parallel universe. The failure to qualify for the age grade tournament is the fault of "them".

The "them" were quite successful qualifying for age grade competition before Pinnick become NFF president. Now it's, the fault of "them" when Pinnick became NFF president that we failed to qualify for age grade competition.

Why are you lying? Yes, it's a strong accusation. What do you have to gain from not saying the truth, despite, knowing the truth.
Comprehend before responding, try reading again!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Comprehend before responding, try reading again!
Kpele! Pants on fire... :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Comprehend before responding, try reading again!
Kpele! Pants on fire... :taunt: :taunt:
I can't help your lack of comprehension olodo! :taunt: :taunt: Maybe you are one of those who are not benefiting from Rohr's merit based selection!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: I can't help your lack of comprehension olodo! :taunt: :taunt: Maybe you are one of those who are not benefiting from Rohr's merit based selection!
You are now benefiting from Rohr player selection :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: under the disguise of merit based selection.

Musa and Shenu must have blocked the next (3rd and 4th division) invite.

Life na turn by turn :thumbs: :thumbs: Enjoy now the merit based selection :roll:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: I can't help your lack of comprehension olodo! :taunt: :taunt: Maybe you are one of those who are not benefiting from Rohr's merit based selection!
You are now benefiting from Rohr player selection :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: under the disguise of merit based selection.

Musa and Shenu must have blocked the next (3rd and 4th division) invite.

Life na turn by turn :thumbs: :thumbs: Enjoy now the merit based selection :roll:
Despite Musa and Shehu, we've never had it this good selection wise but I know some folks ain't happy! :taunt:
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa that's your World cup GOAT and most experienced player now is benefiting from Baba leadership? keep being deluded
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Despite Musa and Shehu, we've never had it this good selection wise but I know some folks ain't happy! :taunt:
Despite promoting 3rd and 4th division players... it´s a good pay day :taunt:

Musa and Shehu are playing at a higher level than the so-called talents you are promoting.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:Despite Musa and Shehu, we've never had it this good selection wise but I know some folks ain't happy! :taunt:
Despite promoting 3rd and 4th division players... it´s a good pay day :taunt:

Musa and Shehu are playing at a higher level than the so-called talents you are promoting.
Which talents? Or is it your usual hot air?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Which talents? Or is it your usual hot air?
You don't have any more 3rd and 4th division players, to introduce to SE under good selection criteria?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Which talents? Or is it your usual hot air?
You don't have any more 3rd and 4th division players, to introduce to SE under good selection criteria?
Just like I thought, nothing of value to add, only derailing an interesting thread. :oops:
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:
mcal wrote:...Rohr has suffocated them as per bribe, kickbacks, side deals, hence they want a new person.
With the list being tabled, they may be wanting a local coach they have screw anyway they want.
The mofos couldn't it to a white man.
After all this years a thief pocket gotta be dry. Bunch of idiots :curse:
Nigeria is a difficult place, Pinnick handed the U17, U20 and Olympic teams to them and we know the end result.
If it's up to me, none of those Eba (Fufu) eating individuals should smell the Super eagles' (SE) coaching job. They should all stay about eight (8) Kilometers away the the SE - in general.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.