R.I.P: Ifeanyi George and Ogbu DEAD in car crash.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
R.I.P: Ifeanyi George and Ogbu DEAD in car crash.....

Post by Enugu II »

Nigeria international striker Ifeanyi George passes away in car accident
Shina Oludare
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria ... dsxqjos1ji
09:20 3/22/20

The Enugu Rangers assistant captain has been confirmed dead following his involvement in a car crash on Sunday morning
Nigeria international and Enugu Rangers striker Ifeanyi George has died in a car accident at the age of 26.
Goal gathered the ill-fated incident occurred at Abudu on Benin-Agbor expressway after his car bumped into a parked truck on his way to Lagos after the Nigerian top-flight was suspended owing to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Rangers would later confirm George’s friend, as well as a B team player were also involved in the collision.
The 26-year-old joined Salisu Yusuf’s men at the start of 2017 – scoring his maiden goal against Kano Pillars in a Nigeria Professional Football League outing on April 23, 2017
He was part of the Flying Antelopes’ campaign in the Caf Confederation Cup. His only goal came in the 1-1 draw against Al Masry at Nnamdi Azikwe Stadium.
On the international scene, he marked his debut in the country’s African Nations Championship qualifier against Benin Republic. However, he did not make the final cut for the championships where Nigeria ended as runners-up.
Emmanuel Ogbu, also of Enugu Rangers, was also confirmed dead in the same accident. May their Souls Rest In Peace.

The phot o of the crash can be viewed on https://www.completesports.com/enugu-ra ... uto-crash/but view at your discretion and no need to post here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: R.I.P: Ifeanyi George and Ogbu DEAD in car crash.....

Post by Lolly »

Very sad. I read somewhere that he was advised by his club not to drive because of a hand injury.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote:Very sad. I read somewhere that he was advised by his club not to drive because of a hand injury.
Lolly,

What kept coming to my mind is an interview of wives of NPFL footballers. This type odf break is what most of them are waiting on. It is the time that their husbands return home to them. Who knows if this was what precipitated this trip. I just kept wondering if was then what would his wife do at this moment. It was fart reaching remembering all the women had shared during those interviews.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Parked vehicles has taken so many lives in Nigeria. I saw one (the same thing) on my way back from Lagoa about two years ago. Why does drivers leave their break-down vehicles in the middle of the road? Also, why are people parking their vehicles in unauthorized places, even at night without proper warning to others? What is the work of the Road safety agencies in Nigeria? Na wa-oo!

Well, RIP to the departed.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Lolly wrote:Very sad. I read somewhere that he was advised by his club not to drive because of a hand injury.
That story is doing the rounds on Whatsapp.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:Parked vehicles has taken so many lives in Nigeria. I saw one (the same thing) on my way back from Lagoa about two years ago. Why does drivers leave their break-down vehicles in the middle of the road? Also, why are people parking their vehicles in unauthorized places, even at night without proper warning to others? What is the work of the Road safety agencies in Nigeria? Na wa-oo!

Questions, questions Odas.
I have been asking these questions since I was but an acne-faced teenager when a similar vehicle parked on Eko bridge in complete darkness and no reflector lights almost claimed my life if not for a guardian angel who warned me seconds before.

I don't know WTF the so called road safety corps are doing allowing these vehicles of death to ply our roads with no lights, no reflectors, no breaks and their exhausts billowing thick black smoke as they go along.
May these young men RIP.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...speed and especially truck drivers in Nigeria never obey road laws or common sense rule.
You'll see a ladened truck struggling to go up a hill while straddling all lanes or the lane on the left for faster moving vehicles.
Sad for the family.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

RIP Ifeanyi George and Emmanuel Ogbu.

On the safety of our roads, all I can say is that we have a long way to go. In fact, we have not yet started the journey. Broken down trucks with no warning signs are common on our roads. The only authority that is doing anything about anything is Lagos state government.

Totally avoidable loss of lives. So heart breaking :veryangry: :veryangry:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

who here didn't see my story of encountering a car driving backwards on a highway this last December because only the reverse gear works
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Shocking news. Condolences to the global Rangers family.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

RIP fam...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Waist injury (that's why he'd been sidelined)...
But he was not the person driving (his car though).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:who here didn't see my story of encountering a car driving backwards on a highway this last December because only the reverse gear works
Damn! Really, a car driving backwards on a highway? Wow, that's even worse and the car got onto a highway unchallenged or stopped?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

RIP
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Our motorways are not safe. I was in Nigeria two weeks ago, I took flight from Lagos to Benin and used the road back to Lagos, it was a nightmare, it was as if we were in a battle field, drivers over took other vehicles dangerously, and I saw two bad accidents before we got to Lagos. May their souls rest in peace.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:Our motorways are not safe. I was in Nigeria two weeks ago, I took flight from Lagos to Benin and used the road back to Lagos, it was a nightmare, it was as if we were in a battle field, drivers over took other vehicles dangerously, and saw two bad accidents before we got to Lagos. May their souls rest in peace.
Scary, indeed. What gets me is when some drivers attempt to get past cars in a blind turn. Very crazy.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no driving school.
No driving test to get a license.
Or vehicle inspection for road worthiness.
All those are things of the past.
I remember our chief bank driver is responsible to teach us how to drive, learn road signs, and help get your driver license.
Unfortunately he himself, a motorcycle rider, was killed in an auto accident while traveling to Okigwe.
Was in the US by then, so sad, left a young wife and kids behind.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Rest in peace :cry: :cry:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Rest in Peace, young fellas.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:Parked vehicles has taken so many lives in Nigeria. I saw one (the same thing) on my way back from Lagoa about two years ago. Why does drivers leave their break-down vehicles in the middle of the road? Also, why are people parking their vehicles in unauthorized places, even at night without proper warning to others? What is the work of the Road safety agencies in Nigeria? Na wa-oo!

Questions, questions Odas.
I have been asking these questions since I was but an acne-faced teenager when a similar vehicle parked on Eko bridge in complete darkness and no reflector lights almost claimed my life if not for a guardian angel who warned me seconds before.

I don't know WTF the so called road safety corps are doing allowing these vehicles of death to ply our roads with no lights, no reflectors, no breaks and their exhausts billowing thick black smoke as they go along.
May these young men RIP.
May their souls rest in perfect peace. They do it in Ghana as well. Most deliberately leave their trucks in the middle of the road and going as far as occupying a bit of both lane.
They consider it security for their vehicles, better than leaving it on the side of th he road where parts can be removed easily.
It is wrong, dangerous and no one is bought to task with such behaviours.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

RIP George and Ogbu :(
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger