NSOFOR AND TAIWO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
NSOFOR AND TAIWO

Post by jette1 »

The most hard hitting players ever in SE history; Are there any SE player who hits it harder than these two ? Yea I know that shot against Spain in world by aka motor-mouth Sunday Oliseh is up there but he is not as consistent as these two.
It’s a pity our coaching crew lack vision to find the likes of nsofor and taiwo who is see all over the place every time I’m in Nigeria
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: NSOFOR AND TAIWO

Post by olu »

Obafemi Martins packed some powerful shots too.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

olu wrote:Obafemi Martins packed some powerful shots too.
Yea so does osaze and Jayjay but we are talking about rockets bro. By the way who fired that shot that broke one of our players hand when we played France in Brazil

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

jette1 wrote:
Yea so does osaze and Jayjay but we are talking about rockets bro. By the way who fired that shot that broke one of our players hand when we played France in Brazil

It was Onazi's shot who broke. Babatunde's hand
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

highbury wrote:
jette1 wrote:

It was Onazi's shot who broke. Babatunde's hand
Oh ya! Thanks; and that ball was behind the French net minus babatunde’s hand.
Silvernus Okpara , Owolabi are other contenders

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

A shot doesn't necessarily need to be that 'powerful' to break a 'hand' or finger. (You know in Naija, everything from shoulder down to fingertip is 'hand'). :D
All it takes is for the 'hand' to be hit at a peculiar angle.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:A shot doesn't necessarily need to be that 'powerful' to break a 'hand' or finger. (You know in Naija, everything from shoulder down to fingertip is 'hand'). :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:A shot doesn't necessarily need to be that 'powerful' to break a 'hand' or finger. (You know in Naija, everything from shoulder down to fingertip is 'hand'). :D
Why are you injecting an unrelated abstract when we have the video of onazi’s specific rocket that did the deed

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Why are you injecting an unrelated abstract when we have the video of onazi’s specific rocket that did the deed
Its not about the 'rocket' and its not about the 'deed'.
Its about the 'power' in the rocket and I'm saying that the fact that it broke Babatunde's 'hand' doesn't necessarily make the rocket one of the most powerful of all time.
Even you with your stegomaya mosquito legs can break someone's 'hand' with the right shot. :taunt:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Emmanuel Osigwe
Christian Chukwu
Taiye Taiwo
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Emmanuel Osigwe
Christian Chukwu
Taiye Taiwo
:thumb:
Martins tops :thumbs:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Keshi hits the ball harder than all those kitty cat cats mentioned, Henry Nwosu packs thunderous shots in those tiny feet of his, and there is a guy called Blockbuster Alloy for a reason.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:Keshi hits the ball harder than all those kitty cat cats mentioned, Henry Nwosu packs thunderous shots in those tiny feet of his, and there is a guy called Blockbuster Alloy for a reason.
Wasn't Owoblow also known for his 'powerful' shots?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote:Keshi hits the ball harder than all those kitty cat cats mentioned, Henry Nwosu packs thunderous shots in those tiny feet of his, and there is a guy called Blockbuster Alloy for a reason.
It was as if those NNB players were taught how to hit the ball hard from long distances. Keshi, Nwosu, Popo, Igbinabaro, Ozogula and Edobor all packed bullets in their legs.
Who can also forget Emmanuel Osigwe?
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Thank God I scrolled down.

I was gonna mention Big Boss and Blockbuster. I still don't know in the history of "Yam Harvesters" anybody get yams as big as Blockbuster own.

The closest set of 'yams' I saw that were that big was when those Aba boys (Enyimba) played in some challenge cup back in the day. They all looked like truck pushers.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cellular wrote:
Thank God I scrolled down.

I was gonna mention Big Boss and Blockbuster. I still don't know in the history of "Yam Harvesters" anybody get yams as big as Blockbuster own.

The closest set of 'yams' I saw that were that big was when those Aba boys (Enyimba) played in some challenge cup back in the day. They all looked like truck pushers.
We often think of evolution in terms of specie change but fact is evolutionary changes often happen right in front of us. Hardly do we see athletes or non athletes with huge yams attached to their legs. I spotted only few village chicks still with yams on.
As per our new era SE I cant even picture anyone that can set off a rocket. The change is probably predicated on a combination of factors of diet, manual labor, walking long distances, terrain, genetics and environment. It’s not surprising that in places like Cameroon where rural dwelling is still prominent it is not hard to still find players with yams attached but setting of Rockets it’s not an exclusive reserve of players with yams because neither nsofor no osaze packed yams.

Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

oloye wrote:Henry Nwosu packs thunderous shots in those tiny feet of his.
This never ceased to amaze me watching him live when he was at NNB and ACB. Small frame but once he hits a ball, you see it flying at an unbelievable speed. Henry, like Yisa Sofoluwe, was a freak of nature.

Taiye Taiwo's so called shooting did a lot more harm than good to the Eagles actually, he wasn't intelligent to know when to hold or fold 'em (to paraphrase Kenny Rogers).
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

I rate Kelechi Iheanacho higher than all of them shot wise. Fiery shot without any backlift
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Who remembers that Ademola Adesina rocket against Algeria in Enugu?
I am happy
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Dammy wrote:Who remembers that Ademola Adesina rocket against Algeria in Enugu?
Olympic qualifier 1988. Sent to nation into frenzy. :thumb: :thumb:
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Keshi scored a powerful goal from center circle during a WAFU match in 1984. :thumb: :thumb:
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Dammy wrote:
It was as if those NNB players were taught how to hit the ball hard from long distances. Keshi, Nwosu, Popo, Igbinabaro, Ozogula and Edobor all packed bullets in their legs.
Who can also forget Emmanuel Osigwe?
Austin Popo sent a missile straight into the net against Rangers in Enugu during the 1985 season. :thumb: :thumb:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I didn't see Keshi play in his prime. For SE players that featured 94 and after my top 3 will be Taiwo, Martins, and Oliseh.