RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Post by Purity »

Reliable source: NFF and Rohr will renew for another 2 years..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote:Reliable source: NFF and Rohr will renew for another 2 years..
I just read that from the Head of the Technical Department, Bewarang. However, his excuse was weird. He cited the coronavirus as the cause of the delay. That is ridiculous. So what were they doping since January when the negotiation should have started. Even then, why cannot negotiation take place now using digital conferencing? IMHO, coronavirus is simply an excuse that is not worth a kobo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
I just read that from the Head of the Technical Department, Bewarang. However, his excuse was weird. He cited the coronavirus as the cause of the delay. That is ridiculous. So what were they doping since January when the negotiation should have started. Even then, why cannot negotiation take place now using digital conferencing? IMHO, coronavirus is simply an excuse that is not worth a kobo.
They were looking forward to the AFCON qualifiers in March as the period when the contract would be signed as Rohr would be in the country.
The global epidemic has put paid to that now with travelling restrictions. They would have to use digital conferencing now.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
They were looking forward to the AFCON qualifiers in March as the period when the contract would be signed as Rohr would be in the country.
The global epidemic has put paid to that now with travelling restrictions. They would have to use digital conferencing now.
I hope they do because it is getting long in excuses. If they want to renew this guy, technology makes it possible to negotiate with or without coronavirus.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Dammy wrote:
mcal wrote:...Rohr has suffocated them as per bribe, kickbacks, side deals, hence they want a new person.
With the list being tabled, they may be wanting a local coach they have screw anyway they want.
The mofos couldn't it to a white man.
After all this years a thief pocket gotta be dry. Bunch of idiots :curse:
Nigeria is a difficult place, Pinnick handed the U17, U20 and Olympic teams to them and we know the end result.
They're all now focused on the SE and if Pinnick bows to their pressure, the SE would go the way of the age grade teams.
If it's up to me, none of those Eba (Fufu) eating individuals should smell the Super eagles' (SE) coaching job. They should all stay about eight (8) Kilometers away the the SE - in general.
it isn't up to you, you have no say . stay in Arizona
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It would make no sense to replace the coach now. The guy needs at least one more shot at the AFCON and the world cup, and I believe he can get us there.

If the coach is changed then qualification for both competitions is up in the air.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

John12, dem dey talk for naija say Baba get Coro o! :mad:
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

NFF blames coronavirus for delay in Rohr’s contract renewal
March 24, 2020 Editorial IV Sports 0

Nigeria Football Federation NFF has said the contract renewal of Super Eagles gaffer, Gernot Rohr is being delayed by the coronavarius that is ravaging the entire world especially Europe.

Technical Director of the NFF, Bitrus Bewarang, disclosed that the football authority has drawn up a new contract for Rohr, but for the coronavirus outbreak, the German tactician would have been back in the country to receive it.

Rohr, who was hired in August 2016, has a contract running through to July this year, but he is yet to be handed a new deal by the NFF.

Speaking with news men days ago, Rohr denied the news that he was already in talks with other countries, maintaining that he remains calm in the course of doing what he is paid to do.

But the NFF in February said there some fresh conditions Rohr must meet before both parties agreed on the new term.

But Bewarang said : “It is unfortunate that we can’t do anything about the disaster. It is really unfortunate, but the truth of the matter is we cannot say anything about it (Rohr’s contract),”.

“From the NFF, what I can say is that we were ready to renew his contract, but now that France is one of the countries that have been shut down due to the coronavirus and we might not be seeing him (Rohr) for a while,” the former Super Eagles coach explained.
https://blueprint.ng/nff-blames-coronav ... t-renewal/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hopefully when the evil corona goes away, we can go get a replacement manager ASAP
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:hopefully when the evil corona goes away, we can go get a replacement manager ASAP
This your prayer never still work since? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Dammy wrote:
mcal wrote:...Rohr has suffocated them as per bribe, kickbacks, side deals, hence they want a new person.
With the list being tabled, they may be wanting a local coach they have screw anyway they want.
The mofos couldn't it to a white man.
After all this years a thief pocket gotta be dry. Bunch of idiots :curse:
Nigeria is a difficult place, Pinnick handed the U17, U20 and Olympic teams to them and we know the end result.
They're all now focused on the SE and if Pinnick bows to their pressure, the SE would go the way of the age grade teams.
If it's up to me, none of those Eba (Fufu) eating individuals should smell the Super eagles' (SE) coaching job. They should all stay about eight (8) Kilometers away the the SE - in general.
it isn't up to you, you have no say . stay in Arizona
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, my son - Bigpokey24!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:hopefully when the evil corona goes away, we can go get a replacement manager ASAP
This your prayer never still work since? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
... and e no go work naw, lie-lie! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Orion wrote:It would make no sense to replace the coach now. The guy needs at least one more shot at the AFCON and the world cup, and I believe he can get us there.

If the coach is changed then qualification for both competitions is up in the air.

WELL...

…are they guaranteed with current coach?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IT'S INTERESTING HOW...

...words like "continuity", "patience" and "stability" suddenly appear in the lexicon of certain Nigerians when there's a foreign coach, words that disappear when a Nigerian is in charge. Not that I'm calling for the removal of the incumbent, but, for the record, he's not done anything not exceeded previously by indigenes who also have to navigate around NFA-installed obstacles.
Bell
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

bell it isn't about local or foreign coaches but about "meeting your target" he was assigned to
1) Qualify for ANC and reach atleast semifinals he got 3rd - goal met
2) Qualify for World cup - met

you cannot set a target for a coach then when he attains it, you suggest something different and these applies to local or foreign coaches
Last edited by john12 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

even the great keshi wasn't terminated until he failed to Qualify for ANC
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:bell it isn't about local or foreign coaches but about "meeting your target" he was assigned to

you cannot set a target for a coach then when he attains it, you suggest something different and these applies to local or foreign coaches
John12

Why I do not advocate for the nonrenewable of Rohr's contract, he will not be the first Nigerian coach not to be re-engaged after meeting his targets. Think about the late Shuaibu Amodu who miraculously qualified Nigeria for the 2002 World Cup after the team stumbled under Johaness Bonfrere. The same Amodu won all games in the last round of qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup and yet was relieved of his post.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Enugu II wrote:
john12 wrote:bell it isn't about local or foreign coaches but about "meeting your target" he was assigned to

John12

Why I do not advocate for the nonrenewable of Rohr's contract, he will not be the first Nigerian coach not to be re-engaged after meeting his targets. Think about the late Shuaibu Amodu who miraculously qualified Nigeria for the 2002 World Cup after the team stumbled under Johaness Bonfrere. The same Amodu won all games in the last round of qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup and yet was relieved of his post.
Na goat you dey teach facts and context? Don't waste your time Prof, dude has his big head buried inside Rohrs #$%
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

John12

prof, I cant speak for what I do not know. for example, nigeria got into the finals at the 2000 ANC so I highly doubt that Amodu goal was to reach "semi finals" in 2002 which means regressing. in 2010, sacking Amodu after attaining 3rd place and Qualifying for world cup was "Unforgiveable" intact, maybe that's why we were absolutely embarrassing in 2010. More reasons why you can't keep making the same mistakes over and over again while expecting a different result = Insanity. My own is, find a coach, set a precontratual goal for him, if he achieves it, Renew his contract while he he fails to achieve it Sack him. You cannot set a target and when that targets are met, you're thinking otherwise and these applies to whoever is coaching us local or foreign
Last edited by john12 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Prof, the mere fact that you maltreated a coach in 2002, 2010 shouldn't give you the right to do the same in 2020. Whoever the coach is, local or foreign you must treat people fairly. Imagine your boss at your place of employment complaining after you met your precontratual target
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:Prof, the mere fact that you maltreated a coach in 2002, 2010 shouldn't give you the right to do the same in 2020. Whoever the coach is, local or foreign you must treat people fairly. Imagine your boss at your place of employment complaining after you met your precontratual target
I do not disagree with the view that people should be treated fairly. But that is not what NFF officials do and are likely to continue to do because of several 'environmental' reasons. Now, to be honest with you, it is unlikely that the NFF will bring up the issue of reaching or not reaching the target as a reason for sack. Be aware that Amodu was not sacked based on a publicly announced reason of not reaching targets. Same with the sack of Keshi. Already, the issue with Rohr is not about targets.

You may not recall that the official reason for removing Amodu was based on the fact that he did not control the players as players publicly attacked the Minister & his representative during a meeting at the AFCON 2008, if I recall correctly. Keshi was removed for two reasons, according to the NFF. The first was the allegation that he sought another job while under NFF employment. The second was that he invited a lower division player from a club in Abuja, which they assumed demonstrated underhanded business by the coach. These were the charges, as the best as I recall.

The current charge pertaining to Rohr is that he broke his contractual terms by discussing with the media about salary payments to him. Thus, this is the point that the NFF has used. However, the NFF knows quite clearly that it will not be a piece of cake removing Rohr. They have to come up with a reasonable excuse for such a move. The way I see it is that a deliberate wedge is being set up -- pay your assistants, accept being taxed in Nigeria, accept residency in Nigeria, recruit in the local league, etc. These wedges are designed to make it tough for Rohr to accept. If he declines. NFF will announce that it had tried its best to retain Rohr but could not because of Rohr refusing reasonable terms and thus Nigeria had to move on. However, Nigeria will move on not because of sacking Rohr but because Rohr refused reasonable terms, according to the NFF (stay tuned). The only obstacle is that Rohr may accept the terms if there are no coaching options for him. If he accepts, then passive-aggressive behavior towards Rohr will commence with dire consequences for Nigeria down the road.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enugu II wrote:

John12

In hindsight, Amodu was one of the unluckiest coaches in SE history. I believe we would have done better in both World Cups had Amodu been retained. Our performances would not have been spectacular, because both teams were limited to a certain degree but they would have still performed better than what we put out under the new fire-brigade coaches appointed at short notice.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

john12, THE PROBLEM IS NOT WHETHER HE MET THE GOALS...

…the problem is, who set such low goals?
Bell