Ighalo is offered £400,000 PER WEEK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Ighalo is offered £400,000 PER WEEK

Post by Rawlings »

Will Naija man go for the money or his career? we all know what he will do .... why Naija man why?

Manchester United's on-loan star Odion Ighalo is offered £400,000 PER WEEK by Shanghai Shenhua as his parent club look to tempt him back to China and reject permanent Old Trafford move
  • Shanghai Shenhua are looking to snare Odion Ighalo back to China
    He is currently on loan at Manchester United and has impressed since joining
    United are ready to pay the bargain £15m needed to sign him in the summer
    But now Shanghai have tempted him with a £400k per week offer, reports claim
Manchester United's on-loan forward Odion Ighalo has been tempted by his parent club Shanghai Shenhua with a new £400,000-a-week deal to extend his stay in China.

There were eyebrows raised when United recruited the Nigerian on transfer deadline day in January, but he has since made a good impression by netting four times to help the club in cup competitions.

His performances have been enough to impress the Red Devils hierarchy, and Sportsmail reported this week that the club were ready to sign him for £15million this summer when his loan deal expires on May 31.

ut Shenhua are hopeful of swaying the 30-year-old with an eye watering package to keep him in the Chinese Super League for another two years, according to Sky Sports.

United's deal with the Chinese side ends a month earlier than most loan deals, and the club may have to agree an extension if they want to keep him for the remainder of the Premier League season should it continue on through the summer due to the coronavirus.

This could see him stay with United until June 30, with players' union FIFPro working on a solution to contract uncertainty amid the football shutdown.

Shanghai were recently prepared to cash in on Ighalo if United could match their valuation of £15m, and a permanent switch to Old Trafford looked on the cards with United happy to pay it.

But now the Chinese outfit are ready to increase his wages from £300,000 per week to £400,000 per week, with a two-year extension that would see him remain with the club until 2024.

Ighalo is said to be flattered by the staggering new contract offer, but he is putting all of his focus on playing for the club his supported as a boy until his loan deal expires.

United started the campaign with just one senior striker as Marcus Rashford was given the task of carrying the club's attacking threat after Romelu Lukaku was sold to Inter Milan - with no replacement brought in.

Mason Greenwood has helped the cause, scoring an impressive 12 goals in just his second season in professional football, but with the 18-year-old lacking in experience, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer brought in Ighalo in a temporary switch in January.

Ighalo had Premier League experience from his time at Watford and has a decent track record across his career, but many felt he wasn't the calibre of player the club were hoping to attract, with the Nigerian entering his thirties and playing in the Chinese Super League.

But he made a fast impact to life at Old Trafford, scoring four in just three starts - including two in the Europa League and two in the FA Cup. His presence in the team has been applauded by Solskjaer, who called him 'a breath of fresh air'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... enhua.html
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ighalo is offered £400,000 PER WEEK

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iggy should take the money. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iggy should take the money. :thumbs:
why, naija man, why?
He has achieved nothing in his football career
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dude, don't go falling for the hook, line and sinker that the Chinese club or the player's Agent slings around, to try to put pressure on Man U to make a permanent deal for Ighalo. :D
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

iworo wrote:Dude, don't go falling for the hook, line and sinker that the Chinese club or the player's Agent slings around, to try to put pressure on Man U to make a permanent deal for Ighalo. :D
You are a wise man
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

As tempting as it is
He would not take the money; it would ruin his reputation and considering what happened with Mikel and Manu it would be a wrong thing to do
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

jette1 wrote:As tempting as it is
He would not take the money; it would ruin his reputation and considering what happened with Mikel and Manu it would be a wrong thing to do
Why won't he take more money to remain at his current team?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

kalani JR wrote:
jette1 wrote:As tempting as it is
Why won't he take more money to remain at his current team?
Because among other things already stated he took a pay cut to come to manu his childhood team as he made the whole world believe so I don’t see him after such publicity doing anything different because of money. If however Manu decides against extending his contract which seems unlikely then he would be relieved of the burden and only in such scenario could he go back to China guilt free
Last edited by jette1 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abi! Unless Manure match it, he's already proven himself and lived his dream of playing for Manure, so chop your money!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

There is a good chance Man U brings in some star strikers over the summer....so in balance, if Man U is offering him anything less than 250k per week, he should take the China offer IMO

He’s done excellent, fulfilled a childhood dream. He deserves to be a little selfish. As we all know all too well by now, life can be very unpredictable. Take the China offer
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I will take the money also. Heck, in life almost every step we take have a thing or two, to do with money.

Ighalo, take the money and take care of yourself. If things go bad, any of the clubs will offload you in less than a second.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:
why, naija man, why?
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Professor Rawlings, who are you quoting, please? As a Professor, I am sure you know what 'plagiarism' is.

Sir, please give credit to the source of your quote, else I will report you to the 'vice chancellor' for academic affairs
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

By 1Naira’s theory you guys are speaking from broke azzz perspective; however this might be his agents underbelly scheme to force Manu to match the offer and he is worth it. Monkey no go dey work while only baboon dey chop

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

He's staying at Man U and will take a pay cut.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:He's staying at Man U and will take a pay cut.
cic,

Has he confirmed this? In my view, Man. U has to come to the table with more money or the guy should cut it loose. This is and should be about business and the future.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enugu II wrote:
cic,

Has he confirmed this? In my view, Man. U has to come to the table with more money or the guy should cut it loose. This is and should be about business and the future.
Enugu, I remember Christian Vieri saying you get to a stage in the game where an extra 1m here or less there doesn't make that much difference. There are other factors at play - where you are happy, your family is settled, your wife is happy, etc. Iggy is a Man U fan, the fans love him, the coach is a former striker that understands him, no language difficulties, etc. China is also not the best place for a black man to live, his family may not live there with him. Then there are the spin-offs from the bigger profile you get from playing for Man U. The club is already using him to penetrate further into Nigeria. The Chinese offer may look better in terms of upfront payment, but Ighalo could earn more at United.
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

First thing, Man United must want him beyond the short contract he's been given.
If that happens, I can bet a tidy sum Iggy would stay
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
cic old boy wrote:He's staying at Man U and will take a pay cut.
cic,

He's currently on £180,000 per week. That's not small money in any language!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
cic,

Enugu, I remember Christian Vieri saying you get to a stage in the game where an extra 1m here or less there doesn't make that much difference. There are other factors at play - where you are happy, your family is settled, your wife is happy, etc. Iggy is a Man U fan, the fans love him, the coach is a former striker that understands him, no language difficulties, etc. China is also not the best place for a black man to live, his family may not live there with him. Then there are the spin-offs from the bigger profile you get from playing for Man U. The club is already using him to penetrate further into Nigeria. The Chinese offer may look better in terms of upfront payment, but Ighalo could earn more at United.

You make some solid points. :thumb: :thumb:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Rawlings wrote:
why, naija man, why?

I am assuming you have achieved more?
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote:
why, naija man, why?
Perverted man! Look at the troll trying to pervert the scriptures :clap: :clap: