Ndidi - SE Captain

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Ndidi - SE Captain

Post by Ugbowo »

Been thinking about this lately.

Since Stephen Keshi, I cant recall any other time a player became captain at a young age. All our other captains have been based on seniority.

In Ndidi, I think we have a plyer who could be SE captain for the next decade.

I hope the coaching crew starts giving this some serious thought.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi - SE Captain

Post by deanotito »

Oh Ndidi is destined to be SE captain. He's made for that. Will also captain a club too.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

What makes him leadership eligible; please give us 10 reasons other than just because he is a good player
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Many have been predicting it for some time here.
I believe he will probably deputise Ekong for a short while then take over in a couple of years.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:Many have been predicting it for some time here.
I believe he will probably deputise Ekong for a short while then take over in a couple of years.
Ekong definitely has captain ability too, but he falls behind Ndidi in quality, so by and large, I would pick Ndidi ahead of him.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

jette1 wrote:What makes him leadership eligible; please give us 10 reasons other than just because he is a good player
No be only 10. Give me some time, I go send you encyclopedia.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:Many have been predicting it for some time here.
Ekong definitely has captain ability too, but he falls behind Ndidi in quality, so by and large, I would pick Ndidi ahead of him.
I mentioned Ekong because I believe he has already captained the SE on a few occasions. So it seems he is next in line for now.
If he loses form or place, its Ndidi, I'm pretty sure. :thumb:

I'll go one step further: I see Osimhen deputising Ndidi in the long term i.e. when Ndidi becomes the official captain. By this time of course, Osimhen would have matured and gained a lot more experience.
His enthusiasm is infectious.

All this assuming they maintain form and continue to progress in their careers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ndidi is a leader no doubt, but he seems like the affable type of lad that will be all "padi padi" in the dressing room, which isn't a bad thing... but we need some sterness on and off the pitch... and I see such toughness and must win at all cost spirit in Osimhen. Anyone who remembers the Ukraine friendly would surely take notice of the moments when Osimhen visibly expressed his frustration/impatience at the likes of Samu for opting for personal glory when a simple pass to him would have sufficed to more goals(there were two occasions this happened). I believe Samu got the message and stopped the showboating. Osimhen seems like the type that will be all about the business even in the dressing room, while still maintaining an exuberant relationship with his peers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote:Ndidi is a leader no doubt, but he seems like the affable type of lad that will be all "padi padi" in the dressing room, which isn't a bad thing... but we need some sterness on and off the pitch... and I see such toughness and must win at all cost spirit in Osimhen. Anyone who remembers the Ukraine friendly would surely take notice of the moments when Osimhen visibly expressed his frustration/impatience at the likes of Samu for opting for personal glory when a simple pass to him would have sufficed to more goals(there were two occasions this happened). I believe Samu got the message and stopped the showboating. Osimhen seems like the type that will be all about the business even in the dressing room, while still maintaining an exuberant relationship with his peers.
Not quite. Watch Ndidi after the draw at Stamford bridge where his mistake led to a goal and he made up by scoring the equaliser. He was still very unhappy with his performance. As a captain, he will demand no less from his team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Ndidi is a leader no doubt, but he seems like the affable type of lad that will be all "padi padi" in the dressing room, which isn't a bad thing... but we need some sterness on and off the pitch... and I see such toughness and must win at all cost spirit in Osimhen. Anyone who remembers the Ukraine friendly would surely take notice of the moments when Osimhen visibly expressed his frustration/impatience at the likes of Samu for opting for personal glory when a simple pass to him would have sufficed to more goals(there were two occasions this happened). I believe Samu got the message and stopped the showboating. Osimhen seems like the type that will be all about the business even in the dressing room, while still maintaining an exuberant relationship with his peers.
I see Ndidi as a very focussed individual. Different from Osimhen, but the quiet reassuring type - much like Christian Chukwu and Okechukwu were.
Osimhen is quite fiery and has his advantages but Ndidi, for me, is a far better option.
I seem to recall he was the U17 captain before he was knocked out by the MRI scan.
I might be wrong.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ekong is the vice captain
Musa is captain. I don't know why or what makes Ndidi auto captain.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would take Osimhen over Ndidi. He seems more vocal.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Ndidi looks it.. But time will tell. It depends on the coach and what brand or type of football he wants to play?
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:I would take Osimhen in bed over Ndidi. He seems more vocal.
odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:
odiegwu!
Nah Danfo this is just wrong on many levels :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If Ekong loses form then Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If Ekong loses form the Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.
:thumb: There are players in-front of him, I doubt he would jump queue like that...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If Ekong loses form the Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.
:thumb: There are players in-front of him, I doubt he would jump queue like that...
Omeruo has more caps than any other active player I assume. Dude has been ballin for SE since 2012.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Omeruo has no caps than any other active player I assume. Dude has been ballin for SE since 2012.
Like many have said, it shouldnt be sxclusively about seniority, otherwise we wouldn't ever have seen young captains anywhere.
Wasn't Xtian Chukwu made SE (or ER) captain over his seniors?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
odiegwu!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too many funny stuff, like that man in the 70s reading his news paper upside down and exclaimed, " Zik ekwu kwa ozo o" (Zik don talk anoda one o).
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ugbowo wrote:Been thinking about this lately.

Since Stephen Keshi, I cant recall any other time a player became captain at a young age. All our other captains have been based on seniority.

In Ndidi, I think we have a plyer who could be SE captain for the next decade.

I hope the coaching crew starts giving this some serious thought.
Yobo was pretty much Captain by default at 25 and Oliseh couldn't have been older than 25 when he became SE captain.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

In addition to Ndidi, the likes of Iwobi and Awazeim could grow to become captains as well. Osimhen would be my fist pick of all the players mentioned.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I would lock stupid threads like this immediately if I could; Captainship is the least problem any team - club or country would ever have. At best captainship is sentimental and factors very little in big National Teams like Nigeria, Germany, England, Italy, Mexico, Argentina or lately the US. When golden boy donavan was yanked off the team the US actually became a better team. Okocha was the most undisciplined national captain ever but his play was used to justify captainship.
Omeruo is the visible captain after Ekong and Etebo is even way ahead of Ndidi
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."