Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... -by-lille/

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/ ... n-18190327

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... lle-gossip

If its has to be the EPL i hope it’s Man U. Hopefully its not Chelsea or Arsenal. If true i think Lille has to take it. This is a good offer considering the Coronavirus impact on football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Post by maceo4 »

Cool, but there’s no confirmation from Lille in the story, sounds like just another rumor...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... -by-lille/
If its has to be the EPL i hope it’s Man U. Hopefully its not Chelsea or Arsenal. If true i think Lille has to take it. This is a good offer considering the Coronavirus impact on football.
This dude and his OwnGoal stories... :D

I suspect the economics of football and the football transfer market will be quite different post-Covid. In Plain English? Highly-doubtful that a player with barely one (unfinished) good season in a more than just decent league would command a $105m fee in the summer of 2020. Best of luck to the lad. Pretty sure he’ll do well wherever he ends up - regardless of price tag.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... -by-lille/
This dude and his OwnGoal stories... :D

I suspect the economics of football and the football transfer market will be quite different post-Covid. In Plain English? Highly-doubtful that a player with barely one (unfinished) good season in a more than just decent league would command a $105m fee in the summer of 2020. Best of luck to the lad. Pretty sure he’ll do well wherever he ends up - regardless of price tag.

There’re 2 other sources.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/ ... n-18190327

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... lle-gossip

The Lille director of football specifically said in that interview he gave that they are expecting an outrageous bid for Osimehn "next season."

Whether they sell him or whether he chooses to move is another issue. Its normal for people to caution him. You look at Pepe, Keita etc who have made moves and struggled, but I think his mentality shows a player who will thrive. He was in Belgium for 1 season and made the jump without breaking a sweat.

That said, any club which is intelligent enough to get him now will make a fantastic decision.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Also the article says its an 83m euros package, which means that includes salary and agent fees. That seems too low--in relation to pre-Covid market
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Duncan Castles is close to the Lille Dir of Football.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:Also the article says its an 83m euros package, which means that includes salary and agent fees. That seems too low--in relation to pre-Covid market
Do you think post COVID fees rise or fall on average?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Also the article says its an 83m euros package, which means that includes salary and agent fees. That seems too low--in relation to pre-Covid market
I dont think so. Most people believe that post-Covid, prices will fall. However, I see it slightly another way. The common sense is that immediately post-Covid, most clubs wouldn't be able to spend-- rather than buying low. One example is Pogba. United paid 85mm for him + agent costs + salary for 3 years. Why would United accept less because a selling club cannot afford to pay what United wants. Thats not United business, thats the selling clubs business. So in that situation, either the selling club is taking a loan to afford Pogba, or they wait until 2021 summer, when revenue increases. Many of the "assets" who are for sale, aren't "assets" clubs have simply stamped a fee on. Many of them came to the club with a certain amount of investments in the view of the club recouping that investment.

Then on the long-term, I suspect transfer fees will be around the same. I dont believe Covid will have an impact on fees, long term. This is not a situation where market has crashed based on 2008-like financial bubble burst. This is a circumstance where I financial crises was caused by a closing of businesses, which will open up at some point in the future.

Additionally, and this puts a hole in my earlier statement about immediate impact of COVID, most transfer fees are paid in installments. Almost rare to find a fee that is not structured that way.

Finally, a lot of money, especially in the EPL, comes from tv-money, which will remain.

So, I think in the immediate post Covid, clubs will be a bit shy about huge expenditure, but I expect cost to remain the same or increase.

BY THE WAY, what we should actually pay attention to are:

1. Player salaries--- clubs will be very concerned about giving players huge salaries. I expect clubs to restructure salaries, where perhaps you are paid 150k a week in salary and an extra 100k on performance bonus.

2. Player contracts -- Force majeure clause. Clubs will completely revamp how they write contracts now. They will put in place very string force majeure clauses and for instance, if a player is paid 300k, a club can even say in the case of a force majeure event, your salary will reduce by 50% etc etc...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
I dont think so. Most people believe that post-Covid, prices will fall. However, I see it slightly another way. The common sense is that immediately post-Covid, most clubs wouldn't be able to spend-- rather than buying low. One example is Pogba. United paid 85mm for him + agent costs + salary for 3 years. Why would United accept less because a selling club cannot afford to pay what United wants.Thats not United business, thats the selling clubs business. So in that situation, either the selling club is taking a loan to afford Pogba, or they wait until 2021 summer, when revenue increases. Many of the "assets" who are for sale, aren't "assets" clubs have simply stamped a fee on. Many of them came to the club with a certain amount of investments in the view of the club recouping that investment.

Then on the long-term, I suspect transfer fees will be around the same. I dont believe Covid will have an impact on fees, long term. This is not a situation where market has crashed based on 2008-like financial bubble burst. This is a circumstance where I financial crises was caused by a closing of businesses, which will open up at some point in the future.

Additionally, and this puts a hole in my earlier statement about immediate impact of COVID, most transfer fees are paid in installments. Almost rare to find a fee that is not structured that way.

Finally, a lot of money, especially in the EPL, comes from tv-money, which will remain.

So, I think in the immediate post Covid, clubs will be a bit shy about huge expenditure, but I expect cost to remain the same or increase.

BY THE WAY, what we should actually pay attention to are:

1. Player salaries--- clubs will be very concerned about giving players huge salaries. I expect clubs to restructure salaries, where perhaps you are paid 150k a week in salary and an extra 100k on performance bonus.

2. Player contracts -- Force majeure clause. Clubs will completely revamp how they write contracts now. They will put in place very string force majeure clauses and for instance, if a player is paid 300k, a club can even say in the case of a force majeure event, your salary will reduce by 50% etc etc...
I thinking you mean “buying” club...
Since Man Utd would be the seller in that instance.

Nonetheless, you act as if club’s do not take a LOSS on players on a regular basis...
Reality is that there’s no guarantee Man U will recoup its outlay on Pogba, and thus has to make a cost-benefit analysis.

In effect, it would come down to whether a Man U wants to carry him and his expensive wages...
Even if he is not performing optimally (or unhappy) or to sell him at a loss or discount and reinvest those proceeds elsewhere.

Meanwhile, football clubs are BLEEDING cash everyday and every week football is not being played - gate and stadium revenues, merchandise, broadcasting fees, etc. And if (eg) the EPL is not concluded, rest assured that Sky and the other broadcasters around the world (including little old DSTV back here in Africa/Nigeria) will clawing back significant wards of their cash. There’s a reason that many clubs are furloughing staff and proposing wage cuts. Thus, in all likelihood, spending will be WAY DOWN in the summer window.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote: I thinking you mean “buying” club...
Since Man Utd would be the seller in that instance.
Yes, thanks!
Nonetheless, you act as if club’s do not take a LOSS on players on a regular basis...
Reality is that there’s no guarantee Man U will recoup its outlay on Pogba, and thus has to make a cost-benefit analysis.

In effect, it would come down to whether a Man U wants to carry him and his expensive wages...
Even if he is not performing optimally (or unhappy) or to sell him at a loss or discount and reinvest those proceeds elsewhere.
He is their most lucrative playing "asset." I'll be surprised.
Meanwhile, football clubs are BLEEDING cash everyday and every week football is not being played - gate and stadium revenues, merchandise, broadcasting fees, etc. And if (eg) the EPL is not concluded, rest assured that Sky and the other broadcasters around the world (including little old DSTV back here in Africa/Nigeria) will clawing back significant wards of their cash. There’s a reason that many clubs are furloughing staff and proposing wage cuts. Thus, in all likelihood, spending will be WAY DOWN in the summer window.
>
I agree. That was the baseline of my analysis. In immediate post-COVID (a.k.a this summer and perhaps January). Although I also believe that clubs will simply refuse to sell, rather than sell at a heavy loss. However, my position was, IN THE LONG-TERM, I do not think it will cause market-price to reduce significantly.

By the way, although its discussion for another thread, I do not think the clubs are bleeding as much as the media is making it out to be. Many have insurance, and whole tv money is huge for them, many also rely on partnership money--which has been paid at the beginning of the season. I think the real concern for them is whether next season will start soon enough for them to effectively survive next year and in the future. Belgium, Holland and France have all ended their seasons and their clubs who are significantly weaker, financially, than English clubs did not collapse! The English press simply want their darling, Liverpool, to win the league and what better way to do it than tell us about doom and gloom to make sure the season is complete.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Show us the money
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

BBC gossip is claiming PSG want to put in an offer for Nididi and Liverpool is the club after Victor
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Flex Swift wrote:BBC gossip is claiming PSG want to put in an offer for Nididi and Liverpool is the club after Victor

I doubt Liverpool will go after Osihmen knowing they will lose Mane and Salah to Afcon in January. Ndidi should pack his bags and start trekking to PSG pronto. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:BBC gossip is claiming PSG want to put in an offer for Nididi and Liverpool is the club after Victor
Duncan Castles confirmed it in that his audio I posted above.

Hopefully, Ndidi rejects PSG.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
I agree. That was the baseline of my analysis. In immediate post-COVID (a.k.a this summer and perhaps January). Although I also believe that clubs will simply refuse to sell, rather than sell at a heavy loss. However, my position was, IN THE LONG-TERM, I do not think it will cause market-price to reduce significantly.

By the way, although its discussion for another thread, I do not think the clubs are bleeding as much as the media is making it out to be. Many have insurance, and whole tv money is huge for them, many also rely on partnership money--which has been paid at the beginning of the season. I think the real concern for them is whether next season will start soon enough for them to effectively survive next year and in the future. Belgium, Holland and France have all ended their seasons and their clubs who are significantly weaker, financially, than English clubs did not collapse! The English press simply want their darling, Liverpool, to win the league and what better way to do it than tell us about doom and gloom to make sure the season is complete.
While England is okay with the TV money I believe Canal + and Bein said they would only pay a fraction of the TV money for Ligue Un.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What if Newcastle breaks the bank for Vic?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:What if Newcastle breaks the bank for Vic?
Then he will go to Newcastle not Liverpool. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

YUJAM wrote:105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
Lille got $88m for Pepe who had 0.57 goals per game and 40% of his goals were spotkicks. Victor had 0.41 per game but only two spotkick goals. I know this is simplifying things but I would absolutely be aiming for $100 USD at least.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What if Newcastle breaks the bank for Vic?
Then they should be arrested.

In relation to the transfer of Victor, this is not the time in his career where he should be interested in going to a club to help them build. Africans need to be a bit more selfish and I am glad Victor made it clear about his ambition when he rejected Milan in January 2019. At this point in his career, he should be selecting a stable club where there is a stable coach who is ready to invest time in him and mold him. When he has won a number of things, including club and personal titles, he can retire to Newcastle at the age of 27-29, when they have established themselves. Let them go for their English darlings, Rashford, Kane, Vardy, Abraham and the rest to help build their club.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Lille got $88m for Pepe who had 0.57 goals per game and 40% of his goals were spotkicks. Victor had 0.41 per game but only two spotkick goals. I know this is simplifying things but I would absolutely be aiming for $100 USD at least.
Dembele, Martial and Mbappe were all bought for potential. It happens all the time.

More importantly, Lille has made it clear that they value Victor higher than Pepe, no chance they are selling him for 45m Pounds (60mm USD) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Even the likes of John Stones cost City 50mm