Another one in the bag!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Another one in the bag!

Post by Dammy »

I just heard from a very reliable source that Bournemouth's Danish U21 midfielder, Phillip Billing, has agreed a nationality switch to play for Nigeria.
Guys, what do you think?=
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Another one in the bag!

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:I just heard from a very reliable source that Bournemouth's Danish U21 midfielder, Phillip Billing, has agreed a nationality switch to play for Nigeria.
He's solid.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He cannot make our squad unless there are injuries
Who will he replace ?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He’s a poor man’s Etebo. :boo:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Tue May 05, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Very solid addition if true; can pretty much play any role in central MF.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He’s a poor mans Etebo. :boo:
Stop been disingenuously daft, Billing is a better player than Etebo.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:He cannot make our squad unless there are injuries
Who will he replace ?
Have you watched Phillip Billing at all? he will easily displace and replace Etebo.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He’s a poor mans Etebo. :boo:
Stop been disingenuously daft, Billing is a better player than Etebo.

Slow Toad, u don drink petrol + Red Bull again?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:I just heard from a very reliable source that Bournemouth's Danish U21 midfielder, Phillip Billing, has agreed a nationality switch to play for Nigeria.
The more the merrier.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

I think Billing has already been capped by Denmark!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Massive, if true!
Men, that will be a very big catch!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It was a friendly and he was on the bench for the official game. He was capped by the Danish U21 team, though.
He is a 6'6", left footed extremely solid CDM and will be an excellent compliment for Ndidi.
Exciting times!
fledy wrote:I think Billing has already been capped by Denmark!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This form Wiki - In November 2018, Billing turned down an approach to switch his international allegiance to the Nigeria national team
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

All these guys can see what Rohr is building. They all want to be a part of history. Do not think that many people are not aware of how we played Ukraine and Brazil and can see what the future holds for this team.

I will say this right now.

If any of these players do not help us to qualify for Qatar 2022, I do not want any of them to suddenly switch nationality and take the place of a player who was already a part of the setup. There is no player out there that is that good that can come in and just chop what others have earned. Our squad is already deep enough as is. If Eze, Udokhai, Torunariga, Akpobouma, Saka or whoever else do not help us qualify, then they should just forget about it. We dont need or want them if they want to slide in at the last moment.

History is in the making. Something special is being built. No wonder Rohr will gladly take a pay cut.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:All these guys can see what Rohr is building. They all want to be a part of history. Do not think that many people are not aware of how we played Ukraine and Brazil and can see what the future holds for this team.

If any of these players do not help us to qualify for Qatar 2022, I do not want any of them to suddenly switch nationality and take the place of a player who was already a part of the setup. There is no player out there that is that good that can come in and just chop what others have earned. Our squad is already deep enough as is. If Eze, Udokhai, Torunariga, Akpobouma, Saka or whoever else do not help us qualify, then they should just forget about it. We dont need or want them if they want to slide in at the last moment.

History is in the making. Something special is being built. No wonder Rohr will gladly take a pay cut.

Unbelievable!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Who stole VE’s handle? :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:He cannot make our squad unless there are injuries
Who will he replace ?
Have you watched Phillip Billing at all? he will easily displace and replace Etebo.

Easily ? No I have not watched him, but I have a hard time believing this guy is so much better than Etebo, and yet he isn't even good enough to have been capped by Denmark. They didn't even feel the need to give him 1 or 2 minutes to lock him down forever. Sorry I'm not buying it.

How is he so much better than Etebo ?, what are his strengths where he is superior in this regard, because honestly speaking if the guy is not miles better than Etebo, I would prefer Etebo to be in the team, than a guy who recently turned us down for Denmark.

Even though I have come down hard on Etebo at times, the guy can be a real game changer when he is on his game and keeps things simple. He was one of our best players in that Ukraine match. On second watching I actually think he was even better than Aribo, despite his goal. Yes he was that good.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He’s a poor man’s Etebo. :boo:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mchewww I thought Eze finally agreed.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Not watched him but let's see. The jury is out on how good he is.

I'm more focussed on central defenders now.
I'm keeping a keen eye on the progress of the two young defenders Valentine Ozornwafor and Tosin Adarabioyo. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:All these guys can see what Rohr is building. They all want to be a part of history. Do not think that many people are not aware of how we played Ukraine and Brazil and can see what the future holds for this team.

The history is what genuine fans of the SE foresee, while haters are focusing on local coaches/players!
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Slightly better version of John Ogu in his prime. Very good addition to the squad.

I liked John Ogu, BTW. Don't understand all the hate he got on here. He was a solid & talented pro. Maybe he should have moved on from Israel in his prime.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:Slightly better version of John Ogu in his prime. Very good addition to the squad.

I liked John Ogu, BTW. Don't understand all the hate he got on here. He was a solid & talented pro. Maybe he should have moved on from Israel in his prime.
Nigerians will hate on anyone that loses form or makes a major mistake.
That's why they are fans and not coaches.
Fortunately, most professional footballers understand that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Are we sure this isn't the 'Big Fish' referred to a few days ago by.....Oh!
Na you sef! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: