ARE PLAYERS STILL MAKING $800,000 WEEKLY IN THIS SHUTDOWN

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ARE PLAYERS STILL MAKING $800,000 WEEKLY IN THIS SHUTDOWN

Post by jette1 »

Without weekly tickets sales, TV, Season ticket and merchandising if any won’t cover salaries
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARE PLAYERS STILL MAKING $800,000 WEEKLY IN THIS SHUTDOW

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They make it on monopoly. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

jette1 wrote:Without weekly tickets sales, TV, Season ticket and merchandising if any won’t cover salaries
PACTA SUNT SERVANDA- we are slaves to our contract. It’s business
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

furiously frank wrote:
jette1 wrote:Without weekly tickets sales, TV, Season ticket and merchandising if any won’t cover salaries
there are conditions deemed act of God and this falls under such

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Thats not how a force majeure clause works.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
jette1 wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Thats not how a force majeure clause works.
Don't know the intricacies of UK law but using the 1966 Transatlantic Fin. case if the season is canceled due to government restrictions remaining, there could be a case for using the force majeure.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/ap ... 12/264117/

There is an unexpected event - Covid

There might not be actual provisions in the player contracts (TV deals are likely protected)

Finally performance is impracticable
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

There are a few issues. First, courts read force majeure clauses narrowly. And construction of the clause is very important. i.e- the way the clause is drafted is very important to its application.

Keep in mind, as well that clubs do have insurance policies. I dont really undertand why fans are feeling sorry for these big institutions. :lol:
kalani JR wrote:
Don't know the intricacies of UK law but using the 1966 Transatlantic Fin. case if the season is canceled due to government restrictions remaining, there could be a case for using the force majeure.

Thats an issue of debate.The affected party will argue that its an 'unexpected' event and the other party will argue that a transmission of illness is not an unexpected event. Its not like we have not had a significant disease spread before, and not even too ling ago.

How is performance impracticable? I think you are reading that clause to mean that performance, in this case, has to do with playing matches. Performance in that specific narrow clause of the contract has to do with payment of salary. The club will have to show that the club is unable to pay salaries. And in order to be unable to pay salaries, the club will have to open its books to show its financial incapacity. While many clubs have suffered serious financial damage, I can assure you that paying salaries is within their capacity at the moment. Additionally, the government has a public policy interest to make sure that employees get paid their salaries. Its not the employees fault that the employee is rich and their salary is high! The government wants people to get paid! If they dont get paid, they become a burden to the state.

Trust me, these clubs all have top top law firms representing them. if they could get around this, they would have done so long ago, rather than begging some players and blackmailing others to reduce their salaries.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote:There are a few issues. First, courts read force majeure clauses narrowly. And construction of the clause is very important. i.e- the way the clause is drafted is very important to its application.

Keep in mind, as well that clubs do have insurance policies. I dont really undertand why fans are feeling sorry for these big institutions. :lol:
kalani JR wrote:

Thats an issue of debate.The affected party will argue that its an 'unexpected' event and the other party will argue that a transmission of illness is not an unexpected event. Its not like we have not had a significant disease spread before, and not even too ling ago.

How is performance impracticable? I think you are reading that clause to mean that performance, in this case, has to do with playing matches. Performance in that specific narrow clause of the contract has to do with payment of salary. The club will have to show that the club is unable to pay salaries. And in order to be unable to pay salaries, the club will have to open its books to show its financial incapacity. While many clubs have suffered serious financial damage, I can assure you that paying salaries is within their capacity at the moment. Additionally, the government has a public policy interest to make sure that employees get paid their salaries. Its not the employees fault that the employee is rich and their salary is high! The government wants people to get paid! If they dont get paid, they become a burden to the state.

Trust me, these clubs all have top top law firms representing them. if they could get around this, they would have done so long ago, rather than begging some players and blackmailing others to reduce their salaries.
While I don’t feel sorry for the so called big institutions I’m nonetheless with majority of the populace whom already feel that athletes are overpaid. Another school feel that their risks are worth every penny especially in America style violent football. No soccer player would morally make that argument seating at home collecting 80,000 weekly pay, contract apart - knowing fully well that your average fan Who buys stickers Season in season out or the stadium vendors make About or below minimum wage. The institution you speak about are those fan base hence they are not institutions at all. How many clubs are listed on the stock exchange

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: While I don’t feel sorry for the so called big institutions I’m nonetheless with majority of the populace whom already feel that athletes are overpaid.
The Ajax kid who collapsed on the pitch and went into comma, with his career finished, was he overpaid?

let me paint a picture for you. If a player's performance brings in 100%, the club's take 70-80% and give the player less than 30-20%. It reminds me of how law firms bill clients and pay associates. They bill a client $450-$890 per hour for the work an associate does. On pay day, the Associate is probably making between $80-$150 per the hour the associate billed and the law firm pockets the rest.

Let me tell you the secret, absolutely NO PROFESSIONAL IN THIS WORLD is overpaid!
Another school feel that their risks are worth every penny especially in America style violent football.
Aside from the Ajax guy, Marc Vivien Foe, Okwaraji, Aaron Ramsey and Djibril Cisse who saw his leg crushed twice!
No soccer player would morally make that argument seating at home collecting 80,000 weekly pay, contract apart -
You assume that players get paid for the work they do on a daily basis. A contract relies on the word done, during the life of the contract.

How about those Americans who are sitting at home collecting unemployment checks, after being laid off? Should they be made to work before they get their unemployment payment? Also, what should the club do with the Insurance monies the club is collecting from insurance payment?
knowing fully well that your average fan Who buys stickers Season in season out or the stadium vendors make About or below minimum wage.
First of, season tickets do not pay player's salaries. Secondly, the fan and the vendors should go and play football as well, so they can get paid a footballer's salary. No one has ever stopped a fan or vendor from trying to become a footballer. Additionally, no one has ever forced a fan to buy a season ticket. If you dont want to buy season ticket, watch the game on streaming. I have never bought season ticket in my life. In fact, the only time I have ever paid to watch my home team, Bendel Insurance, was because my father bought a ticket for me. Other times, I climbed fence to see the game.
The institution you speak about are those fan base hence they are not institutions at all. How many clubs are listed on the stock exchange
I think you have jumbled your question. When a club is listed on the stock market, it is likely owned by fans. However, most clubs are privately owned. Owned by rich men who have insured their clubs and are collecting insurance pay out.

Let me also make this clear, I couldn't care less if the clubs were owned by the fans. My investments are also suffering the dire financial climate, that is the circumstances of the time in which we live.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote:
jette1 wrote: While I don’t feel sorry for the so called big institutions I’m nonetheless with majority of the populace whom already feel that athletes are overpaid.
The Ajax kid who collapsed on the pitch and went into comma, with his career finished, was he overpaid?

let me paint a picture for you. If a player's performance brings in 100%, the club's take 70-80% and give the player less than 30-20%. It reminds me of how law firms bill clients and pay associates. They bill a client $450-$890 per hour for the work an associate does. On pay day, the Associate is probably making between $80-$150 per the hour the associate billed and the law firm pockets the rest.

Let me tell you the secret, absolutely NO PROFESSIONAL IN THIS WORLD is overpaid!
Another school feel that their risks are worth every penny especially in America style violent football.
Aside from the Ajax guy, Marc Vivien Foe, Okwaraji, Aaron Ramsey and Djibril Cisse who saw his leg crushed twice!
No soccer player would morally make that argument seating at home collecting 80,000 weekly pay, contract apart -
You assume that players get paid for the work they do on a daily basis. A contract relies on the word done, during the life of the contract.

How about those Americans who are sitting at home collecting unemployment checks, after being laid off? Should they be made to work before they get their unemployment payment? Also, what should the club do with the Insurance monies the club is collecting from insurance payment?
knowing fully well that your average fan Who buys stickers Season in season out or the stadium vendors make About or below minimum wage.
First of, season tickets do not pay player's salaries. Secondly, the fan and the vendors should go and play football as well, so they can get paid a footballer's salary. No one has ever stopped a fan or vendor from trying to become a footballer. Additionally, no one has ever forced a fan to buy a season ticket. If you dont want to buy season ticket, watch the game on streaming. I have never bought season ticket in my life. In fact, the only time I have ever paid to watch my home team, Bendel Insurance, was because my father bought a ticket for me. Other times, I climbed fence to see the game.
The institution you speak about are those fan base hence they are not institutions at all. How many clubs are listed on the stock exchange
I think you have jumbled your question. When a club is listed on the stock market, it is likely owned by fans. However, most clubs are privately owned. Owned by rich men who have insured their clubs and are collecting insurance pay out.

Let me also make this clear, I couldn't care less if the clubs were owned by the fans. My investments are also suffering the dire financial climate, that is the circumstances of the time in which we live.
You are pretty resolute in your religion and that's admirable and credit worthy to you however the unfortunate cases aren’t true representation of the general reside. Custodians and window washers or taxi drivers and military personal also die on the job but don’t cry me a river for them pls

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: You are pretty resolute in your religion and that's admirable and credit worthy to you however the unfortunate cases aren’t true representation of the general reside. Custodians and window washers or taxi drivers and military personal also die on the job but don’t cry me a river for them pls

I spoke about the dangers of football directly and solely in response to your comment about American football. The issue here is an economic one and relates to the amount of money footballers bring in. I gave an example of law firms and how they bill between 450$ -890$ for an associate and pay the associate only a fraction of that. The world of football is big business and the players are the tools here. So, its either the players are rewarded handsomely for the amount of money they make the club, or the club pockets outrageously and leave the players with pittance.

Lets even take a trip down memory lane-- slavery! The work done by slaves on the plantation and the master and his family chilling in the big house. Yet, when the bail of cotton was sold, the master pocketed everything and gave the slave nothing but a shack and meal to survive. While I know most Nigerians are comfortable with "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop," not everyone is comfortable with that circumstance. If window washers, taxi drivers and military personnel want to earn millions, they need to bring in millions.

The only person who seems to be crying an ocean here is you. Today is Friday, which means that Ozil has received his 350k for this week. I expect he will do the same next week and the week, thereafter. There is absolutely nothing you, the taxi drivers, military personnels and window washers can do to make that check stop coming every Friday, absolutely nothing.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Interesting thread.

Na wah o. :agree:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tomorrow is Friday.

I expect Ozil will further receive another £350k pounds. Thus, as of tomorrow, since this thread was posted, Ozil would receive £700k, and by next week, only 17 days after this thread would have been posted, Ozil would have collected more than £1 million.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

It seems Mesut has made use of a fraction of his 350k. I suspect this was from his check, which he received last week, and not the one from yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... madan.html
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote:It seems Mesut has made use of a fraction of his 350k. I suspect this was from his check, which he received last week, and not the one from yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... madan.html
whats your point

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Yet they want Ozil to take a pay cut because its his father that owns Arsenal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... risis.html

Abegiii.. Friday will soon knack and I expect Ozil will be receiving an alert from his bankers!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nobody should take any paycut.. forget all these firms, when time come to pursue folks dem no send...milk them as much as you come
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:nobody should take any paycut.. forget all these firms, when time come to pursue folks dem no send...milk them as much as you come
What shocks me is the sanctimonious fans who pretend that they dont know how the sports work. I tried to explain it using the law firm model, but still, some dont get it.

The players bring in 100% of the cash! Without them, that money doesnt come in. Instead, the club pays the player probably only 5% or less of that 100%. Not only do they get attacked for taking a fraction of the money they bring in, now, you want them to further cut down the fraction. When the players are in financial difficulties, do the clubs take a "cut" and provide the player with more money? Eboue was homeless and broke, his former clubs didnt do shaggga about it! smh
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

So what if they were? Why does it bother you?

I don't understand people who bash players for their "high" wages.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Today is Friday. Which means, Ozil has collected his £350k pounds for this week.

Thus, since this thread was posted, 17 days go, Ozil has collected more than £1 million in wages, not to talk of his endorsements and any other relevant bonus.

I wonder whether his wife will go to the grocery store tomorrow, or whether they will just order some thai food for dinner. Whatever he decides to do, I expect that he will be looking forward to the £350k pounds he will collect next week.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

This DD go kill person .....
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:nobody should take any paycut.. forget all these firms, when time come to pursue folks dem no send...milk them as much as you come
What shocks me is the sanctimonious fans who pretend that they dont know how the sports work. I tried to explain it using the law firm model, but still, some dont get it.

The players bring in 100% of the cash! Without them, that money doesnt come in. Instead, the club pays the player probably only 5% or less of that 100%. Not only do they get attacked for taking a fraction of the money they bring in, now, you want them to further cut down the fraction. When the players are in financial difficulties, do the clubs take a "cut" and provide the player with more money? Eboue was homeless and broke, his former clubs didnt do shaggga about it! smh
Amazon, uber, ab&b,facebook etc dont produce the contents they profit on either but they provide the platform so did you just wake up from under a rock and become players advocate

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

jette1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Amazon, uber, ab&b,facebook etc dont produce the contents they profit on either but they provide the platform so did you just wake up from under a rock and become players advocate
what?