Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4649
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
As part of their Championship Future Stars series.
I am ashamed to say that I still haven't watched the bobo play for QPR

Link: https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... uture-star

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18819
He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4649
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.


Kongi, I am confused - are the current QPR coach and Skysports pundits Nigerian too?

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Last edited by jdizzy on Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42249
Location: UK
jdizzy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.


Kongi, I am confused - are this current QPR coach and Skysports pundits Nigerian too?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
"After QPR went to Elland Road and got beat by Leeds, (Marcelo) Bielsa was asked who his man of the match was and he said Stuart Dallas because for him to deal with and put up with a player like Eze who, in his opinion at that time, was a world-class player, that's an unbelievable compliment from a world-renowned manager. "

Bielsa is probably a closet Nigerian too and for some strange reason disagrees with our armchair analysts that Eze is a "reject".
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30770
Quite generous of Bielsa, at this stage IMO.
But nonetheless, Eze is a real talent...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47545
jdizzy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.


Kongi, I am confused - are this current QPR coach and Skysports pundits Nigerian too?


You have to understand that people that ain't got no gaddem job don't think that way. To him they are all Nigerians.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2634
If he agrees to play for Nigeria he will start for the SE.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14496
Location: South London
olu wrote:
If he agrees to play for Nigeria he will start for the SE.

If he chooses England he’ll start on the bench!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3534
Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6139
Location: Ajegunle
waka-man wrote:
Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.


Please take this statement back abeg. Aribo hasn't aspired to be what you are ascribing to him, so how can he be a poor version of something else?

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42249
Location: UK
DIMKA76 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.


Please take this statement back abeg. Aribo hasn't aspired to be what you are ascribing to him, so how can he be a poor version of something else?
You mean like:
Quote:
''Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals....the embodiment of the modern midfielder"?

It's just his opinion he is sharing nah, having watched the guy close-up... :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6139
Location: Ajegunle
Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.


Please take this statement back abeg. Aribo hasn't aspired to be what you are ascribing to him, so how can he be a poor version of something else?
You mean like:
Quote:
''Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals....the embodiment of the modern midfielder"?

It's just his opinion he is sharing nah, having watched the guy close-up... :idea:

This is subjective and is his definition of what he thinks the attributes a modern footballer should poses, He left out pace because it's not one of Ebere's attributes. Ebere isn't going to play for Naija anyway rather talk about those who would. If we are going evaluate Aribo's qualities, then I'd say he has all the attributes, add to that he can perform on a bigger stage. He scored against Brazil who has Ebere scored against?

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42249
Location: UK
DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.


Please take this statement back abeg. Aribo hasn't aspired to be what you are ascribing to him, so how can he be a poor version of something else?
You mean like:
Quote:
''Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals....the embodiment of the modern midfielder"?

It's just his opinion he is sharing nah, having watched the guy close-up... :idea:

This is subjective and is his definition of what he thinks the attributes a modern footballer should poses, He left out pace because it's not one of Ebere's attributes. Ebere isn't going to play for Naija anyway rather talk about those who would. If we are going evaluate Aribo's qualities, then I'd say he has all the attributes, add to that he can perform on a bigger stage.
Chief, its just an innocent opinion, as is yours.
You sound like you are ready for a scrap if anybody should 'try' you. :lol:

We all love Aribo, but some of us are hoping that Eze makes himself available for us if indeed he is as good as people are saying.

You are convinced he isn't interested and won't sign.
Some of us are willing to say "we just don't know" but are hoping for the best.

Quote:
He scored against Brazil who has Ebere scored against?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its all good, regardless. :thumb:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6139
Location: Ajegunle
No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42249
Location: UK
DIMKA76 wrote:
No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.
I agree with you here, 100%
Anyway, I pray we continue to have excellent options from a high quality depth chart which is something we are only now beginning to see for the first time in decades.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3534
DIMKA76 wrote:
No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.


That’s a valid criticism and in retrospect the comment was too harsh on Aribo.
Point taken.
I was merely trying to say that I don’t think Aribo gives us the ball possession and creativity we need in the middle of the park.
Good discussion.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
As fans we must be appreciative of those who chose to play for us.
We need to stop this attitude of "the two birds in the bush, is worth more than the one at hand".
We seem to value the players that are yet to commit to the SE or those who have rejected the SE over those who have answered the call.

If our football administrators treat our boys bafly, must we add to the insult?

Lets respect our boys and use respectful language, even when you're expressing your opinion as to their worth in the team.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3534
pajimoh wrote:
As fans we must be appreciative of those who chose to play for us.
We need to stop this attitude of "the two birds in the bush, is worth more than the one at hand".
We seem to value the players that are yet to commit to the SE or those who have rejected the SE over those who have answered the call.

If our football administrators treat our boys bafly, must we add to the insult?

Lets respect our boys and use respectful language, even when you're expressing your opinion as to their worth in the team.


Nothing to disagree with in that statement.
In regards to this post though, I think it is also ok for one to say he or she rates Eze much higher than Aribo. The transfer market does too. If the language of a “poor man’s version” is disrespectful, I take that back.
But the opinion, as a fan, still stands.
For the record, I’m super happy Aribo is in our team. His energy and bravery are a critical ingredient. But we still need more possession and creativity in the middle of our field.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6139
Location: Ajegunle
waka-man wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.


That’s a valid criticism and in retrospect the comment was too harsh on Aribo.
Point taken.
I was merely trying to say that I don’t think Aribo gives us the ball possession and creativity we need in the middle of the park.
Good discussion.


No offence taken, your write-ups are full of knowledge and I always make a point to read them because I know you know your stuff. I come here to learn from informed people like you. Chai I did a Rohr :curse:

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 30609
Location: The Kingdom
waka-man wrote:
Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.


I disagree that Eze is better than Ejaria. My opinion from watching a few of their games. Time will tell.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zee and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group