Segun Odegbami Slams Gernot Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

emjay
Egg
Egg
Segun Odegbami Slams Gernot Rohr

Post by emjay »

Legendary Super Eagles Player, Segun Odegbami has kicked against the decision of the NFF to renew the contract of National team Coach, Gernot Rohr.

According to reports from AfricanFootball, Segun Odegbami believes that the Super Gaffer hasn't done enough to be handed a new contract and accused the Franco-German of hiding under the Services of Nigerian-English based scout, Tunde Adelakun who has been seen most times attending Premier league Matches.

“I don’t know about the plot to send him packing, I have been an advocate of the end of foreign coaches in Nigerian football and I stand by that,It is very insensitive of people at this time in our history considering where we are now with the coronavirus opening our eyes to the new realities of the world for us to continue to go back to something that has failed us.”

KEEP READING
Next
Egg
Egg
Re: Segun Odegbami Slams Gernot Rohr

Post by Next »

emjay wrote:Legendary Super Eagles Player, Segun Odegbami has kicked against the decision of the NFF to renew the contract of National team Coach, Gernot Rohr.

According to reports from AfricanFootball, Segun Odegbami believes that the Super Gaffer hasn't done enough to be handed a new contract and accused the Franco-German of hiding under the Services of Nigerian-English based scout, Tunde Adelakun who has been seen most times attending Premier league Matches.

“I don’t know about the plot to send him packing, I have been an advocate of the end of foreign coaches in Nigerian football and I stand by that,It is very insensitive of people at this time in our history considering where we are now with the coronavirus opening our eyes to the new realities of the world for us to continue to go back to something that has failed us.”

KEEP READING
With all due respect to Odegbami, he may be right about looking inward but until you have a naija coach that is free from, nepotism, tribalism and knows his tools, naija should always hire a foreign coach, l don't care if he's an African, white or black. In fact, l would prefer the Senegalese or the Ghanaian coaches.

Regarding Tunde Adelakun, does Odegbami understand the work of a soccer scout? If he does, he wouldn't have said what he said..... I want to believe he was misquoted(never trust naija journalists).

Let's just allow Rohr to continue with his project until either he succeeds or fails...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Next wrote:
emjay wrote:Legendary Super Eagles Player, Segun Odegbami has kicked against the decision of the NFF to renew the contract of National team Coach, Gernot Rohr.

KEEP READING
With all due respect to Odegbami, he may be right about looking inward but until you have a naija coach that is free from, nepotism, tribalism and knows his tools, naija should always hire a foreign coach, l don't care if he's an African, white or black. In fact, l would prefer the Senegalese or the Ghanaian coaches.

Regarding Tunde Adelakun, does Odegbami understand the work of a soccer scout? If he does, he wouldn't have said what he said..... I want to believe he was misquoted(never trust naija journalists).

Let's just allow Rohr to continue with his project until either he succeeds or fails...
:agree: I’m tired of saying it but missing out on 2 Afcons before 2013 and one after was a sign that the Nigerian National team was in serious need of practical management.I don’t know what was expected of Rohr but in reality I wasn’t expecting Nigeria to win the World Cup.Nigeria likes to abandon projects, plans and dreams before they’ve even started so I can understand the inpatients from some fans but what does Odegbami benefit from saying such things if he actually did say these things?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Next wrote:

KEEP READING

:agree: I’m tired of saying it but missing out on 2 Afcons before 2013 and one after was a sign that the Nigerian National team was in serious need of practical management.I don’t know what was expected of Rohr but in reality I wasn’t expecting Nigeria to win the World Cup.Nigeria likes to abandon projects, plans and dreams before they’ve even started so I can understand the inpatients from some fans but what does Odegbami benefit from saying such things if he actually did say these things?
I know Segun Odegbami believes passionately in the Nigerian project but in this instance, I would disagree with legend. We have a project in place leading to the 2022 WC, if we change course by changing the leadership of the team, we could end up moving from frying pan to fire I.e. Keshi to Oliseh!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Next wrote:

KEEP READING

Me sef dey wonder.
In as much as Odegbami is rightly regarded as a legend based on his playing the game at the highest level, it doesn't mean that his opinion on everything football is unchallengeable.
After all he has dabbled in coaching and football administration with mixed results.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Next wrote:

KEEP READING

Me sef dey wonder.
In as much as Odegbami is rightly regarded as a legend based on his playing the game at the highest level, it doesn't mean that his opinion on everything football is unchallengeable.
After all he has dabbled in coaching and football administration with mixed results.
Yes he has every right to comment but what did he say when we failed to qualify to two Afcon in a row and one after surprisingly winning it? (2012,2015 and 2017)
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Yes he has every right to comment but what did he say when we failed to qualify to two Afcon in a row and one after surprisingly winning it? (2012,2015 and 2017)
Pinnick was changing and sacking coaches like Jesus Gil of Atlético Madrid, or have we forgotten in a haste?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote: Yes he has every right to comment but what did he say when we failed to qualify to two Afcon in a row and one after surprisingly winning it? (2012,2015 and 2017)
Pinnick was changing and sacking coaches like Jesus Gil of Atlético Madrid, or have we forgotten in a haste?
Chief, I know you like to heap all the blame on Pinnick, but Nigeria has the notorious distinction of having hired and fired 20 coaches in 20 years up until the last appointment.
Where do you think Nigerian football's "20/20 vision" came from?
Worthy of a place in the Guinness Book of Records. :rotf:
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

sake Rohr now say good bye to any hope of qualifying for the 2022 wcup and doing well at next afcon. for starters it will take NFF atleast 3-6mths to hire another coach. Coach will take 6mths to impose new playing style give us a target of 2026 and 2028 to win afcon and world cup.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It seems no matter what, some people just hate continuity or would rather risk the unknown for the sake of their ideology.
If things were pretty bad, then risking the unknown is not that much of a gamble.
It is at the moment.
Uncle Sege, NO.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

"...According to reports from AfricanFootball, Segun Odegbami believes that the Super Gaffer hasn't done enough..."

In this technology age, please show him, Odegbami, in a video/audio saying that so we or of "we" can condemn the statement.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Next wrote:

KEEP READING

Me sef dey wonder.
Abi? If peeing no dey hard, why fowl no dey piss?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Nonsense.

Tunde’s work that has unearthed plenty gems is now used as a stick to beat Rohr.

What a joke.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ugbowo wrote:Nonsense.

Tunde’s work that has unearthed plenty gems is now used as a stick to beat Rohr.

What a joke.
It's pathetic, but that's Nigerians for you!
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

KEEP READING
Chief Sege is doing what he is supposed to do.

He is being consistent in holding ALL Super Eagles coaches to the same high expectations he has held the past ones.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:

What a joke.
Nothing Naijarian about that.

Often told you Rohr fan boys that if you want to retain Rohr for none football winning reasons it is very okay.

But don't attack folks that point out that he is being handsomely rewarded while not winning $#%.

Then again, some of you guys are very Arsenalistic in your thinking...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:

What a joke.

Often told you Rohr fan boys that if you want to retain Rohr for none football winning reasons it is very okay.

But don't attack folks that point out that he is being handsomely rewarded while not winning $#%.

I count myself as SE fan and not a "manager in charge fan". But I will support anyone in charge until it becomes so obvious that a change is needed.

That said, you mean because he didn't win the AFCON or the WC, he should be sacked?
Maybe you haven't noticed, we've only won AFCON 3 times since it was instituted. If we keep sacking managers because they did not win AFCON in their first or second attempt, then we might as well get used to managers coming and going every 2 years or so.

Lets hold nerve and see what he's setting up with all the young, new blood being recruited to the team.
A change now would be more damaging than helpful, both in confirming those who have agreed to play for the SE and the stability of the current team.

Rohr qualified the team for the AFCON and the WC. The next milestone is to see a lot of improvement in the team and a discerning style of play.

Rome wasn't built in a day and a team that is capable of winning multiple tournaments will take time.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:

What a joke.

I count myself as SE fan and not a "manager in charge fan". But I will support anyone in charge until it becomes so obvious that a change is needed.

That said, you mean because he didn't win the AFCON or the WC, he should be sacked?
Maybe you haven't noticed, we've only won AFCON 3 times since it was instituted. If we keep sacking managers because they did not win AFCON in their first or second attempt, then we might as well get used to managers coming and going every 2 years or so.

Lets hold nerve and see what he's setting up with all the young, new blood being recruited to the team.
A change now would be more damaging than helpful, both in confirming those who have agreed to play for the SE and the stability of the current team.

Rohr qualified the team for the AFCON and the WC. The next milestone is to see a lot of improvement in the team and a discerning style of play.

Rome wasn't built in a day and a team that is capable of winning multiple tournaments will take time.
Uncle, it is okay for him to keep the job for none football winning reasons.

Perfectly ok!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:

What a joke.

Perfectly ok!
Cell my friend, I don't understand what you mean by "non football winning reasons"? He won the ticket to Russia 2018. He's won games.
If however you mean a title, then only one or two club managers should keep their jobs at the end of each season.

Nigeria need continuity. Players need stability. He's not doing badly. We are now entering qualifying phase for AFCON. At least lets see how that progresses
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:

What a joke.

Perfectly ok!
What do you mean by 'non football-winning reasons'?

Is he losing an unacceptable number of games?
Are these 'non-winning' assessments based on two key games (out of a total of 38) that really coulda gone either way?
Do they dwarf everything else?
What is his WDL record compared to other coaches?

Or is it because he is being paid a fraction more than Keshi?
Keshi was on $31k/month as far back as 2012: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28897545
In fact at one point he was negotiating for more in a new contract.

Keshi or any deserving Nigerian coach today would (and should) be earning the same, and rightly so too.
In 2015, Oliseh was on the equivalent (at the time) of about $25,500/month, tax free.

So the excuse that Rohr must perform miracles because his salary is 'out-of-this-world-compared-to-Naija-coaches' is a bit of a convenient untruth.

There is a reason why the modern world has gone the way of 'continuous assessment' and left behind the 'almighty one-off exam' as the be-all and end-all of life in the universe.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What a joke.
Which gems has he unearthed?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nUru_-P54[/video]

this game showed how pathetic we look... we looked clueless going forward, had one goal against the run of play and just sat back... Neymar went off in the first half, it would have been something else...expect more pathetic tactics come post Corona
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:

What a joke.

Perfectly ok!
Senior man, please what footballing target did he not meet ? Honestly just trying to learn.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija