Obasi: I missed the WC in 2014 b/c of bribery

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Obasi: I missed the WC in 2014 b/c of bribery

Post by Cellular »

This issue is not as black and white as people like to make it out.

I am not under any illusion that Naijarian coaches are not under undue pressure with regards to selection. What has always been the question is what quota are they allowed to keep for themselves and what quota is allotted to the folks at the NFF and football officials? How do the NFF trade those spots? Is it based on monetary considerations or from familiary affiliations? We have often debated (and suspected) that the NFF do at times compel coaches to give national teams a geographical spread especial if the players involved are somewhat similar in skill and ability.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Taiye Taiwo don join with his own allegations against Stephen Keshi. It seems like it's open season on Keshi!
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:Taiye Taiwo don join with his own allegations against Stephen Keshi. It seems like it's open season on Keshi!
I like the fringe players claiming that it was not dropping was the reason behind them not making the team.

Chief Dammy, the Forum has a search function. You can search in real-time what was the narrative.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Stop trying to be clever with words, you know that he was making reference to dual nationality players who would want to switch after we secure WC qualification, not Obasi who has paid his dues from U17 level to SE.
Nduka Ugbade paid his dues as well, he was dropped.
Are you just arguing just for argument's sake? Ugbade didn't have a club for 2 years leading to the 1994 WC and his only matches in that period was for the SE.
A better left-back cover in Michael Emenalo emerged and displaced him!
Some NFF officials were looking to use him to make history but Westerhoff was not having that!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ugbowo wrote:Lol. I just laugh at all of you trying to defend the indefensible.

We r not deliberating Obasi’s worthiness in that squad....the bone of contention is what Obasi and Ideye brought to light. Lol.

Keep worshipping the late great Skippo all u want. What he sanctioned and did at the helm of our national team was pathetic. Glossed over by 13 ANC glory.

Now Rohr is no saint....I saw some things in St Petersburg that still makes me scratch my head to this day (Rohr or his brother’s involvement in Idowu to Locomotiv Moscow).....but I know he’s very fair wrt player selection for games.
Rohr has always stated that he wants his players to play in the best clubs or leagues they possibly can. So it's no surprise that he was interested in Idowu moving from a small club to Russian giants, Lokomotiv Moscow, a team that plays in Europe regularly.
I am happy
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:If Keshi had employed the agent, who allegedly helped him get the SE coach, has his chief scout and pays him from salary as SE coach.

Conflict of interest (Was this declared)? If not, well that´s....

Bribery

Corruption

As Chris Rock said: It´s all right, because it´s all.....
Your point is nor clear Fabio.
Maybe a typo?
I will try and create a clearer picture...

Adelakun is alleged to has helped Rohr secure the SE job.

Rohr employs Adelakun has the SE chief scout.

Rohr pays Adelakun from the SE salary, from the job, which Adelakun alleged him secure.

Although, a CE source says: Adelakun only recommends, Rohr has the final say.

I hope it´s all clear, now.

How is the scenario above a COI?
In each case, assuming everything you allege is true, he’s working FOR Rohr.

What exactly is the conflict?

Just stupid and dumb logic. Someone has to have that job for Rohr. He chose his guy.

Do what?????
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ezekiel Imoh don join with allegations of $10000 being demanded from him before he can be selected for the 2014 WC.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Lol. I just laugh at all of you trying to defend the indefensible.

We r not deliberating Obasi’s worthiness in that squad....the bone of contention is what Obasi and Ideye brought to light. Lol.

Keep worshipping the late great Skippo all u want. What he sanctioned and did at the helm of our national team was pathetic. Glossed over by 13 ANC glory.

Now Rohr is no saint....I saw some things in St Petersburg that still makes me scratch my head to this day (Rohr or his brother’s involvement in Idowu to Locomotiv Moscow).....but I know he’s very fair wrt player selection for games.
Rohr has always stated that he wants his players to play in the best clubs or leagues they possibly can. So it's no surprise that he was interested in Idowu moving from a small club to Russian giants, Lokomotiv Moscow, a team that plays in Europe regularly.
There is always an excuse or an exception when it comes to Rohr.

Mr integrity or his brother involvement with a player club transfer. The best you can come up with is Rohr wants his players to play in best league... He was interested. The allegations was Rohr or his brother was involvement in the transfer. It's all right, because Rohr has integrity, he is more patriotic, we are building a team for the long term.

Mr integrity was involved in a player transfer, it's been downplayed to interested... Let me guess, you don't know the full details, suffice to say, you know Rohr was an interested party in the player transfer. :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Taiye Taiwo don join with his own allegations against Stephen Keshi. It seems like it's open season on Keshi!
The same Taiye Taiwo that won his last cap in 2012 and said along the lines of I can't be on the bench for Keshi boys?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The same Taiye Taiwo that won his last cap in 2012 and said along the lines of I can't be on the bench for Keshi boys?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Ezekiel Imoh don join with allegations of $10000 being demanded from him before he can be selected for the 2014 WC.
It seems you are the mouthpiece for the revelations. Clearly a strategy to achieve a certain purpose or distract our attention.

This is from Wikipedia...

He received his first call-up to the Nigeria national team in February 2014.[6] Ezekiel earned his first senior cap on 6 March, in the 0–0 draw with Mexico in a friendly match after coming on as a second-half substitute for Victor Moses.[7]

He was selected by Nigeria for their 35-man provisional squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics.[8]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Ezekiel Imoh don join with allegations of $10000 being demanded from him before he can be selected for the 2014 WC.
Are these brand new 2020 claims or historical ones?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
It seems you are the mouthpiece for the revelations. Clearly a strategy to achieve a certain purpose or distract our attention.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Fabio, you are the last person when it comes to the NFF and the SE Chief coach that should be accusing another of "clearly having a strategy to achieve a certain purpose or distract our attention".
Are you for real?
Dammy's agenda pass your own? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Your new found zeal to stoutly defend the old guard NFF/Keshi is hardly altruistic and is driven by your own current agenda. Suddenly, all these accusations are unfounded?

You were not even on the honourable OFFICIAL LIST OF CE KESHI HOUSEBOYS.
Where were you to defend him back then?
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:

This is from Wikipedia...

He received his first call-up to the Nigeria national team in February 2014.[6] Ezekiel earned his first senior cap on 6 March, in the 0–0 draw with Mexico in a friendly match after coming on as a second-half substitute for Victor Moses.[7]

He was selected by Nigeria for their 35-man provisional squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics.[8]
Imoh had 15 goals for Belgian giants, Standard Liege in the 2013/14 season, while Uchebo had 3 goals that same season. There was a thread on CE on how the Belgian media were surprised that Uchebo got picked ahead of Imoh.
Anyway, I am just posting info on CE. I am not the one who made the allegations.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Maybe Taiye Taiwo is telling lies against Keshi?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:
fabio wrote:
Maybe Taiye Taiwo is telling lies against Keshi?
Apr 06, 2014
Taiwo downbeat about Nigeria recall

Jun 21, 2013
Elderson Echiejile

Dec 17, 2013
Taiye Taiwo Live

May 16, 2014
Did Taiye Taiwo refusal of bench lead to SE omission
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Imoh had 15 goals for Belgian giants, Standard Liege in the 2013/14 season, while Uchebo had 3 goals that same season. There was a thread on CE on how the Belgian media were surprised that Uchebo got picked ahead of Imoh.
Anyway, I am just posting info on CE. I am not the one who made the allegations.
Always thought Anderlect were Belgian giants, how I know it´s Standard Liege.

Where are some facts:

Imoh Ezekiel could not dislodge the following players: Ahmed Musa, Peter Odemwingie, Emmanual Emenike.

So it was Imoh Ezekiel vs Michael Uchebo vs Uche Nwofor
Uche Nwofor

International career
In April 2011 Nwofor represented Nigeria under-20 team where he netted four goals in five games to finish highest goal scorer of the 2011 African Youth Championship as Nigeria won a sixth continental title in Johannesburg [8] and he was named the Goal.com star of the week in the tournament. [9]

In August 2011 Nwofor represented Nigeria in the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia. He was an instant hit, coming of the bench to score two goals in 6 minutes against Croatia,[10] Nigeria was subsequently knocked out by France in the quarter finals in a 3–2 thriller.[11]

Nwofor earned his first full-international cap for the Super Eagles on 3 March 2010 in a friendly game against the Congo DR national football team. He was also instrumental when Nigeria's B team beat Republic of Benin 4–0 in the WAFU Nations Cup.[12]

In July 2013, Nwofor was called up by the Nigerian national team for an international friendly match against South Africa in Durban on 14 August.[13] He scored 2 goals in the 49th and 68th minutes as Nigeria won the match 2-0.

In the first of Nigeria's World Cup warm-up matches of 2014, Nwofor scored a last-minute equaliser to spare Nigeria's blushes against an in-form Scotland. The match ended 2–2. Nwofor made the World Cup roster when it was announced three days later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Nwofor
International career
Uchebo was a member of the Nigeria U-20 team and in August 2008 he scored his first goal for Nigeria in a match against Togo in the West African Football Union tournament.[3] He also played at the U-20 2009 African Youth Championship tournament, scoring one goal in three matches.[20][21] He was described in the media as the most sought-after player among the Nigeria squad in the tournament.[22]

In June 2011 Uchebo was called up by current Olympic team and National U-23 coach Austin Eguavoen for the crucial return leg of the Olympic qualifiers against Tanzania. [23]

In October 2011 U-23 coach Austin Eguavoen visited the Netherlands and met with officials of VVV Venlo to secure the release of Uchebo to participate the inaugural edition of the CAF U-23 championship in Morocco. [24]

He received his first call-up to the Nigeria national team in February 2014.[25]

Uchebo earned his first senior cap on 6 March, in the 0–0 draw with Mexico in a friendly match, playing the first half before being replaced by Leon Balogun.[26]

In the next of Nigeria's matches, a 2–2 draw with Scotland at Craven Cottage, Uchebo played 55 minutes of the match. After Scotland had taken the lead, Uchebo equalised before the break with a mid-range deflected effort. His replacement was Peter Odemwingie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Uchebo
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Imoh had 15 goals for Belgian giants, Standard Liege in the 2013/14 season, while Uchebo had 3 goals that same season. There was a thread on CE on how the Belgian media were surprised that Uchebo got picked ahead of Imoh.
Always thought Anderlect were Belgian giants, how I know it´s Standard Liege.

Where are some facts:

Imoh Ezekiel could not dislodge the following players: Ahmed Musa, Peter Odemwingie, Emmanual Emenike.

So it was Imoh Ezekiel vs Michael Uchebo vs Uche Nwofor
Uche Nwofor

International career
In April 2011 Nwofor represented Nigeria under-20 team where he netted four goals in five games to finish highest goal scorer of the 2011 African Youth Championship as Nigeria won a sixth continental title in Johannesburg [8] and he was named the Goal.com star of the week in the tournament. [9]

In August 2011 Nwofor represented Nigeria in the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia. He was an instant hit, coming of the bench to score two goals in 6 minutes against Croatia,[10] Nigeria was subsequently knocked out by France in the quarter finals in a 3–2 thriller.[11]

Nwofor earned his first full-international cap for the Super Eagles on 3 March 2010 in a friendly game against the Congo DR national football team. He was also instrumental when Nigeria's B team beat Republic of Benin 4–0 in the WAFU Nations Cup.[12]

In July 2013, Nwofor was called up by the Nigerian national team for an international friendly match against South Africa in Durban on 14 August.[13] He scored 2 goals in the 49th and 68th minutes as Nigeria won the match 2-0.

In the first of Nigeria's World Cup warm-up matches of 2014, Nwofor scored a last-minute equaliser to spare Nigeria's blushes against an in-form Scotland. The match ended 2–2. Nwofor made the World Cup roster when it was announced three days later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Nwofor
International career
Uchebo was a member of the Nigeria U-20 team and in August 2008 he scored his first goal for Nigeria in a match against Togo in the West African Football Union tournament.[3] He also played at the U-20 2009 African Youth Championship tournament, scoring one goal in three matches.[20][21] He was described in the media as the most sought-after player among the Nigeria squad in the tournament.[22]

In June 2011 Uchebo was called up by current Olympic team and National U-23 coach Austin Eguavoen for the crucial return leg of the Olympic qualifiers against Tanzania. [23]

In October 2011 U-23 coach Austin Eguavoen visited the Netherlands and met with officials of VVV Venlo to secure the release of Uchebo to participate the inaugural edition of the CAF U-23 championship in Morocco. [24]

He received his first call-up to the Nigeria national team in February 2014.[25]

Uchebo earned his first senior cap on 6 March, in the 0–0 draw with Mexico in a friendly match, playing the first half before being replaced by Leon Balogun.[26]

In the next of Nigeria's matches, a 2–2 draw with Scotland at Craven Cottage, Uchebo played 55 minutes of the match. After Scotland had taken the lead, Uchebo equalised before the break with a mid-range deflected effort. His replacement was Peter Odemwingie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Uchebo
Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Belgian football knows the big 3 are Anderlecht, FC Brugges and Standard Liege. I didn't bother reading the rest of what you posted after that elementary mistake because I now know what I'm against and it's not worth my while!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Belgian football knows the big 3 are Anderlecht, FC Brugges and Standard Liege. I didn't bother reading the rest of what you posted after that elementary mistake because I now know what I'm against and it's not worth my while!
Of course, like you choosing to ignore Mr integrity´s and/or Brother´s involvement with a player´s transfer. Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of English language knows the difference btw interest(ed) and involve(d).

I guess we can let it slide :D :thumb:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Everywhere world cup squad will typically have 2 or 3 suprise/questionable selections due to coaches preferences. However, you start to have problems when you have up to 6 questionable selections which really weakens a teams bench like Keshi's 2014 squad. For example, when Onazi got hurt the players available on the bench to take his place were Ramon Azeez and Gabriel Reuben. At that time Azeez was still lacking confidence and Reuben though a good player was very far from being match fit since he had spent several months on the sidelines from injury.

Also, how the likes of Uchebo, Ewuekwe, Agbim, Amoebi, and Babatunde made the squad is a mystery to me. Yes Babatunde gave a decent account of himself, however, we had better options at that time.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

From Colin Udoh's Facebook page.
Brown Ideye and Chinedu Obasi have just confirmed what Daniel Amokachi told me in 2018
Even Ideye did not want to talk when I sought his opinion at the time.
Imoh Ezekiel - top scorer in Belgium at the time - was also dropped. Instead, players like Shola Ameobi and Okechukwu Uchebo, who also played in Belgium with Ezekiel and was nowhere near as good as Ezekiel, made the squad
One thing is for sure, Keshi's legacy will now be tainted by these decisions.
The Amokachi interview
https://africa.espn.com/football/nigeri ... aturephone
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

imehjunior wrote:From Colin Udoh's Facebook page.
Brown Ideye and Chinedu Obasi have just confirmed what Daniel Amokachi told me in 2018
Even Ideye did not want to talk when I sought his opinion at the time.
Imoh Ezekiel - top scorer in Belgium at the time - was also dropped. Instead, players like Shola Ameobi and Okechukwu Uchebo, who also played in Belgium with Ezekiel and was nowhere near as good as Ezekiel, made the squad
One thing is for sure, Keshi's legacy will now be tainted by these decisions.
The Amokachi interview
https://africa.espn.com/football/nigeri ... aturephone
Imoh Ezekiel was not the top scorer in the Belgian leqague, let´s not rewrite history.

2012 - 2013.... Imoh was 8th with 16 goals
2013 - 2014 Imoh was 14th with 10 goals

https://www.topscorersfootball.com/jupi ... -2014/2015

Keshi dropping Brown Ideye, that one, can´t be explained. Still can´t understand, the decision.

As for Shola Ameobi. The explanation was during a friendly match, despite Shola being on the bench, during half time rallied (ginger) the players , which led to a increased 2nd half performance.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ikechukwu Uche and Ideye's omissions were criminal. Obasi had injury concerns and Taiwo wasn't at his best in 2014 so his omission wasn't a suprise. Imoh had a good spell at Liege but it's hard to assess him since we saw so little of him in the SE.

Igiebor was also a player that could have been useful to the squad. I recall Martins was also doing well in the MLS back then, and was probably scoring enough for Seattle to earn a recall. Can't recall who else was on form back then.
Last edited by olu on Mon May 11, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.