'Show Your Proof!' - Ike Shorunmu responds to Chinedu Obasi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

emjay
Egg
Egg
'Show Your Proof!' - Ike Shorunmu responds to Chinedu Obasi

Post by emjay »

Super Eagles Goalkeeper coach, Ike Shorunmu has responded to claims made by Former Super Eagles player, Chinedu Obasi.

It was reported that Chinedu Obasi Criticised the National team of allegedly asking him to pay an undisclosed amount of Money in order to be included in the traveling squad to brazil for the 2014 FIFA World cup.

According to AllNigeriaSoccer, Super Eagles Goal Keeper Coach Ike Shorunmu has Kicked against Obasi's Accusations, Stating Vividly that there are no proofs or Evidences to back up his claims.

"It is unfortunate for Chinedu Obasi to mention this kind of a thing this period because how long now, it's about six years ago. For him to come out right now to say he was forced to bribe for him to be with the team in 2014, it's a pity that we lost Stephen Keshi because he's the main man in the team, does it mean that his assistants don't know what is going on."

SEE ALSO:Daniel Amokachi responds to Chinedu Obasi Bribery Claims.

"For Obasi to mention it now it is too late. Assuming it is six months or before the World Cup, everybody can testify, the NFF bosses can verify the allegations that he's making now.
Probably due to the pressure he is passing through now, that's why he mentioned they told hm to bribe for him to come into the team."

"Meanwhile, you should not forget that he was injured that period. I don't think that kind of thing happened but if it happened years back not now."
CONTINUE READING HERE
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'Show Your Proof!' - Ike Shorunmu responds to Chinedu Ob

Post by Eaglezbeak »

"Ike Shorunmu Further Reflected on his playing time with the National team and how he narrowly missed out on the 1994 world cup held in Holland."

Until this day Holland hasn't hosted a World Cup,are these articles not checked before they go to press?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:"Ike Shorunmu Further Reflected on his playing time with the National team and how he narrowly missed out on the 1994 world cup held in Holland."

Until this day Holland hasn't hosted a World Cup,are these articles not checked before they go to press?
Obviously not.
Sentences like "Vividly that there are no proofs or Evidences to back up his claims" say a lot about the 'journalist' providing us the information. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wasn't Obasi injured?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Wasn't Obasi injured?
That's the fallacy, Obasi was not injured. He had fully recovered from injury but they can't even bother to check up before responding!
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dammy wrote:
That's the fallacy, Obasi was not injured. He had fully recovered from injury but they can't even bother to check up before responding!
That is why players need to be brave and report this thing when it happens. No one is willing to sacrifice for the good of all. If every player being bribed speak out, it will be difficult to sustain su h practice.

That said, Obasi was injury prone. Even if he wasn't injured at that particular time I'd be reluctant to take a player that had the potential to break down more than most.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:"Ike Shorunmu Further Reflected on his playing time with the National team and how he narrowly missed out on the 1994 world cup held in Holland."

Obviously not.
Sentences like "Vividly that there are no proofs or Evidences to back up his claims" say a lot about the 'journalist' providing us the information. :oops:
...checked and verified in Nigeria, so na correct reporting :laugh: :laugh:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

pajimoh wrote:
Dammy wrote:
That is why players need to be brave and report this thing when it happens. No one is willing to sacrifice for the good of all. If every player being bribed speak out, it will be difficult to sustain su h practice.

That said, Obasi was injury prone. Even if he wasn't injured at that particular time I'd be reluctant to take a player that had the potential to break down more than most.
2014 is less than six years ago. He could've very easily secretly recorded the conversation since I'm assuming they wouldn't discuss it via text. The technology was readily available back then.

I agree with Shorunmu that he should offer evidence of his allegations. Can't be word of mouth even though I'm inclined to believe him.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

theYemster wrote: 2014 is less than six years ago. He could've very easily secretly recorded the conversation since I'm assuming they wouldn't discuss it via text. The technology was readily available back then.

I agree with Shorunmu that he should offer evidence of his allegations. Can't be word of mouth even though I'm inclined to believe him.
I wonder what planet some of you are. So someone rings you to demand a bribe and you immediately start recording the conversation?
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

pajimoh wrote: That is why players need to be brave and report this thing when it happens. No one is willing to sacrifice for the good of all. If every player being bribed speak out, it will be difficult to sustain su h practice.

If he reported it at the time, he would be attacked for being unpatriotic and disrupting our WC plans.
http://www.naijiant.com/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote: That is why players need to be brave and report this thing when it happens. No one is willing to sacrifice for the good of all. If every player being bribed speak out, it will be difficult to sustain su h practice.

If he reported it at the time, he would be attacked for being unpatriotic and disrupting our WC plans.
Its the whole blame the victim mindset prevalent in our culture...he never said it was Keshi specifically, so why are they talking about Keshi not being here to respond. If NFF is serious, why not do an investigation get the names of those involved from Obasi and do a proper check. It will likely come down to he say she say, but at least it shows the NFF in no way supports nor condones such behavior. But we clearly know that's not the case...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Its the whole blame the victim mindset prevalent in our culture...he never said it was Keshi specifically, so why are they talking about Keshi not being here to respond. If NFF is serious, why not do an investigation get the names of those involved from Obasi and do a proper check. It will likely come down to he say she say, but at least it shows the NFF in no way supports nor condones such behavior. But we clearly know that's not the case...
We might as well as start with those who procured foreign ashewo for three players during an AfCon tournament.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

We might as well as start with those who procured foreign ashewo for three players during an AfCon tournament.
If they were connected to the NFF then they should have been dealt with just like the players who were kicked out of the tournament abi?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: 2014 is less than six years ago. He could've very easily secretly recorded the conversation since I'm assuming they wouldn't discuss it via text. The technology was readily available back then.

I wonder what planet some of you are. So someone rings you to demand a bribe and you immediately start recording the conversation?
I'm from the planet where he records the subsequent conversation or the proof of payment since they clearly wouldn't expect him to have the money ready at first asking. You know, the same way Salisu was recorded. Yup, that planet.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote:If they were connected to the NFF then they should have been dealt with just like the players who were kicked out of the tournament abi?
Man pass man. Not going to happen!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:

Not by everyone, just by those who encourage corruption. Some of us spoke up in support of Adokie and Ikman when they spoke out against overage players regardless of the timing when others attacked them. Maybe you might be one of those to attack them so please, speak for yourself, not us.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

cic old boy wrote:

Abi O. Abeg, help me ask them
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

DIMKA76 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

You're too slow to read that I already responded.

The people who recorded Salisu collecting his own bribe that got him banned, were they from Mars? :roll:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

The people who recorded Salisu collecting his own bribe that got him banned, were they from Mars? :roll:
More a case of you are too one-tracked minded to be able to see issues from a variety of perspectives. Take note the #METOO movement. Nobody believed them, they suffered horrendous assaults. Now go and ask each and everyone of those women for evidence. You can't disregard such claims without due diligence, not unless you are complicit in such corrupt practices yourself.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:

Obviously not.
:rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

DIMKA76 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

More a case of you are too one-tracked minded to be able to see issues from a variety of perspectives. Take note the #METOO movement. Nobody believed them, they suffered horrendous assaults. Now go and ask each and everyone of those women for evidence. You can't disregard such claims without due diligence, not unless you are complicit in such corrupt practices yourself.
So why is he speaking out six years after? I'm not saying he should've outed them back then but if he is being asked for a bribe and hopes to speak out, then he should be intelligent enough to get evidence of it rather than hope people will just take his word for it because he said so.

Like I asked, the people who exposed Salisu, are they from Mars?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

So why is he speaking out six years after? I'm not saying he should've outed them back then but if he is being asked for a bribe and hopes to speak out, then he should be intelligent enough to get evidence of it rather than hope people will just take his word for it because he said so.

Kai men, it's like putting the argument which came after the Harvey Weinstein scandal. The arguments are almost identical people ask rape victims why didn't they come forward early on. Now lets try and understand the pervasive culture which ensued at the time. Then you will understand if the people wielding power and the corrupt apparatus they built around themselves are firmly in place, One man has no chance against them. The good thing in today's society is People Power can counter that if more people come forward. Takes only one matchstick to start a bonfire.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

DIMKA76 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Kai men, it's like putting the argument which came after the Harvey Weinstein scandal. The arguments are almost identical people ask rape victims why didn't they come forward early on. Now lets try and understand the pervasive culture which ensued at the time. Then you will understand if the people wielding power and the corrupt apparatus they built around themselves are firmly in place, One man has no chance against them. The good thing in today's society is People Power can counter that if more people come forward. Takes only one matchstick to start a bonfire.
Again, I didn't say he should've gone up against them. I said he should've recorded them or gotten evidence; I said nothing about him actually using the evidence back then. However now that he is speaking up he could've at least been able to provide it to back up his allegations.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯