Another one in the bag!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Another one in the bag!

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... s-to-rohr/

While we’re looking all over Europe for Nigerian players some that have being in our system are getting left behind. Sadiq Umar Is now literally shut out of SE due to arrival of Dessers. Sadly, he’s now talking about switching his allegiance to Italy once he gets a chance at a bigger club. I know that’s how it is in international football but its sad to see these young boys grow in our system and live their whole life dreaming about playing for SE then get dumped for someone that has never even being to Nigeria. There’s just something about it that doesn’t sit well with me.
He will get his chance, the SE is highly competitive this days. Dessers was called because of the need to cap tie him to Nigeria.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:Bia, alll you foreign based dads, Una no sabi born goalkeepers?

Talking about Goalkeepers, there is an 11 year old kid that keeps for my son's middle school soccer team. His Dad is a Nigerian and fellow RCCG members :thumbs: :thumbs: . If that boy keeps up, he will in discussion for a National team (US or Nigeria) goalkeeper in 10 years! He is that good!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/arthur-ok ... ler/503769

He needs to be in the mix right now. No need to wait until he makes a Premier League start like Saka.

Just one minute in a competitive game & we have him in the bag.
He is 11. Maybe 12 now.

I was answering your question on why Nigerians abroad are not giving birth to Goalkeepers and referring to Arthur Okokwo.

I am not one of those forumers that recommend players I have not watched.

In 5 years we can talk about your son's friend and the Golden Eaglets' camp. I should have perfected my agency, sorry scouting skills by then :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I have two friends like that.
The first is even an ex Enugu Rangers player who later came over to the UK to train as a lawyer.
His son is now about 16 years old and has hit 6'4" already. His father says he has tried his best but his son has absolutely no interest in sport.

The other has a son slightly younger, maybe about 14, 15. When I last saw this boy he was about 13 and 6'5" tall and already dwarfing both parents. Now I hear he is pushing 6'9". Though Nigerians, I think they live in Kenya. Again, no interest in football but father says he watches basketball.

I've told them Nigeria is looking for goalkeepers but it seems these kids prefer their playstations. :roll:
If they are not already aspiring goal keeper then one can confidently say "look elsewhere" :tic:
Sadly so.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The issue is sometimes, these players don't take full advantage of opportunities that come their way.
Sadiq could have used his Olympic success, as well as his stint at Glasgow Rangers (which is one of the best clubs in the Scottish Premiership, to fully propel himself into the limelight. Unfortunately, he had a very rough time there and struggled to establish himself.
To make matters worse for him, just when he seemed to hit a rich vein of form with Partizan, we have Dessers, Maja and Osimhen coming on board. Bummer for him, as he has now dropped several notches down the peg.
Hopefully, things would work out for him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... s-to-rohr/

While we’re looking all over Europe for Nigerian players some that have being in our system are getting left behind. Sadiq Umar Is now literally shut out of SE due to arrival of Dessers. Sadly, he’s now talking about switching his allegiance to Italy once he gets a chance at a bigger club. I know that’s how it is in international football but its sad to see these young boys grow in our system and live their whole life dreaming about playing for SE then get dumped for someone that has never even being to Nigeria. There’s just something about it that doesn’t sit well with me.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:Bia, alll you foreign based dads, Una no sabi born goalkeepers?

Talking about Goalkeepers, there is an 11 year old kid that keeps for my son's middle school soccer team. His Dad is a Nigerian and fellow RCCG members :thumbs: :thumbs: . If that boy keeps up, he will in discussion for a National team (US or Nigeria) goalkeeper in 10 years! He is that good!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/arthur-ok ... ler/503769

He needs to be in the mix right now. No need to wait until he makes a Premier League start like Saka.

Just one minute in a competitive game & we have him in the bag.
He is 11. Maybe 12 now.

I was answering your question on why Nigerians abroad are not giving birth to Goalkeepers and referring to Arthur Okokwo.

I am not one of those forumers that recommend players I have not watched.

In 5 years we can talk about your son's friend and the Golden Eaglets' camp. I should have perfected my agency, sorry scouting skills by then :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Agent truetulk, talk true... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

vancity eagle wrote:All these guys can see what Rohr is building. They all want to be a part of history. Do not think that many people are not aware of how we played Ukraine and Brazil and can see what the future holds for this team.

I will say this right now.

If any of these players do not help us to qualify for Qatar 2022, I do not want any of them to suddenly switch nationality and take the place of a player who was already a part of the setup. There is no player out there that is that good that can come in and just chop what others have earned. Our squad is already deep enough as is. If Eze, Udokhai, Torunariga, Akpobouma, Saka or whoever else do not help us qualify, then they should just forget about it. We dont need or want them if they want to slide in at the last moment.

History is in the making. Something special is being built. No wonder Rohr will gladly take a pay cut.
Are you speaking for yourself, or on behalf of Nigeria? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

theYemster wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:All these guys can see what Rohr is building. They all want to be a part of history. Do not think that many people are not aware of how we played Ukraine and Brazil and can see what the future holds for this team.

If any of these players do not help us to qualify for Qatar 2022, I do not want any of them to suddenly switch nationality and take the place of a player who was already a part of the setup. There is no player out there that is that good that can come in and just chop what others have earned. Our squad is already deep enough as is. If Eze, Udokhai, Torunariga, Akpobouma, Saka or whoever else do not help us qualify, then they should just forget about it. We dont need or want them if they want to slide in at the last moment.

History is in the making. Something special is being built. No wonder Rohr will gladly take a pay cut.
Are you speaking for yourself, or on behalf of Nigeria? :?
On behalf of genuine Super Eagles fans! :clap: :clap:
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:source:

The fact that we are not talking about him on CE does not mean he is not in communication with the NFF. Maybe he's on the fringe.
We all agree that there are no guaranteed places any more and I think it is a good thing and what we all want.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:Interesting, I remember watching some show where he stated it would be really weird turning out for Nigeria, he doesn’t have any real connection with the country, hopefully the likes of analogue and Ekong with a similar background can help him settle. But he’s a decent player.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.c ... c3u66hqolw
Ekong was very much in touch with his Naija side. This guy's only link is his dad. From this article, seems like he wanted to represent Denmark mostly.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

dude has to play at a level higher than Serbian league to be considered for SE.

Is this guy for real ?

If he wants, let him switch, see if Italy will come calling for a Nigerian playing in Serbia.

Let the guy improve and stop talking.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:

Is this guy for real ?

If he wants, let him switch, see if Italy will come calling for a Nigerian playing in Serbia.

Before we begin yab Sadiq, let's be sure Kongi isn't feeding us fake news. For some reason, the story doesn't ring true.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:

Is this guy for real ?

Sure, playing the Europa league is lower than playing the English championship.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Is this guy for real ?

Sure, playing the Europa league is lower than playing the English championship.
Who from the championship is taking Sadiq spot ?

Sadiq is being kept out by top scorers in France and Holland, as well as a guy playing for one of the top EPL teams.

And yes I will prefer a player based in championship over one playing in Serbia, Europa league or not.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Billing will be a solid addition to the squad. Always admired his game at Huddersfield, and now Bournemouth. He is a midfield workhorse and good compliment to Ndidi...and at the very least, improves our squad depth
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:

Is this guy for real ?

:thumb:
Even if an Italian with Ancestry linking him to Julius Ceaser was playing in the best club in Serbia and scoring overhead kicks for fun I doubt it he'll get a look in!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Even if an Italian with Ancestry linking him to Julius Ceaser was playing in the best club in Serbia and scoring overhead kicks for fun I doubt it he'll get a look in!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I agree with your post 100 percent.. any player that doesnt feature in the qualifiers should not be given a look at the competition proper.. It hasnt paid us well. Except in dire cicrcumstances.. See situation of taking Simeon nwankwo over Umar Sadiq (involved with U23) to the world Cup.. Simeon had zero impact.. In the Leftback positions, Right back position, we were in dire need, Echejiele was a passenger and we need a bonafide player..
Having Billing would really be good, Rohr would be able to play a strong 2 DMF and give the MFs n strikers platform to roam.. So Ogu etc, can now retire safely..
afc##
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

fabio wrote:Another big fish!

Excellent....

The new global brand is taking shape.

Thanks to our agent turned chief scout from the UK with the special software.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This dude, you've come again...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jdizzy wrote:Billing will be a solid addition to the squad. Always admired his game at Huddersfield, and now Bournemouth. He is a midfield workhorse and good compliment to Ndidi...and at the very least, improves our squad depth
He’s going to play for Denmark so......?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
truetalk wrote:Slightly better version of John Ogu in his prime. Very good addition to the squad.

I liked John Ogu, BTW. Don't understand all the hate he got on here. He was a solid & talented pro. Maybe he should have moved on from Israel in his prime.
Well my suspicions are probably right then cuz Ogu was nothing to write home about. He was OK, but too slow for the modern game. Ogu in his prime would not get into this SE team.

I watched the highlight clip for Billing, and tbh he looks like nothing special at all. Just a tall guy who is good at heading the ball. I honestly dont see this guy being very involved in SE.

Maybe I am missing something.
From the little we have seen, he'll probably struggle to get into our midfield. But maybe he offers something different. Who knows, he might even have latent defensive abilities that could make him another utility player.
This was what I meant when I said he is like Ogu.

Big Defensive or Central midfielder that can strike that ball with the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqffujhwwM[/video]
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

E be like say he don escape from the bag o! Billings has said he's committed to playing for Denmark!
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mchewwwwwww :boo:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

In the Danish bag.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont believe this guy added much to SE to be honest. I doubt he is even better than Etebo, he ain't much better than guys like Azeez or Mikel Agu. Nothing special about him, he has a better chance with Denmark.