Keshi’s ‘dirty deals’ forced me out of Eagles – Taye Taiwo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Keshi’s ‘dirty deals’ forced me out of Eagles – Taye Taiwo

Post by iworo »

Keshi’s ‘dirty deals’ forced me out of Super Eagles – Taye Taiwo

The 35-year-old’s last international outing was in February 2012, and he has revealed reasons behind his exit from the national team. Taye Taiwo has accused former Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi for his early exit from the national team set-up because of his dirty dealings.

The former AC Milan defender managed just a single appearance under late Keshi, an Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Rwanda in February 2012, which was also the last of his 59 caps for Nigeria.

Taiwo made his Nigeria debut in 2004 and went on to play at the three Afcon tournaments and the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa during his eight-year international career, in which he scored five goals.

He claimed he dumped the three-time African champions because he does not want to be associated with dirty glory under Keshi, who guided the West African country to their last Afcon triumph in 2013 and the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

“I am someone who doesn't want dirty glory and in my life, I have never been involved in what is not clean and that was why I packed my bags and left the Super Eagles,” Taiwo was quoted by Legit.

''I cannot work or stay where I see that is dirty because I am serving a clean God, and if I am in an area that is not clean, I will have to leave the place.

''When they appointed Stephen Keshi as coach, he was acting somehow in which I told myself that it was time for me to leave the Super Eagles.

''I packed my bags and I told my wife and family that I cannot be involved in dirty deals.”

Taiwo’s statement comes in the wake of the latest controversy in the Super Eagles after former Schalke 04 star Chinedu Obasi revealed he was dropped from Keshi’s team for the 2014 World Cup because he refused to pay a bribe.

Meanwhile, Keshi's assistants Daniel Amokachi and Valere Houdonou have reacted to Obasi's claim.

“Why come forward with such now when the man in charge is no longer alive to answer it?” Amokachi said.

“Even look at it, this happened in 2014 and six years after you are coming forward with such claims?

"Why wait until now? It doesn’t make sense to bring such an issue when the head is no longer alive to respond to you?”

https://www.goal.com/en/news/keshis-dir ... f8iltrlc4f
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Keshi’s ‘dirty deals’ forced me out of Eagles – Taye Tai

Post by fabio »

When you left your France club, your career was never the same. Let´s say the truth.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

fabio wrote:When you left your France club, your career was never the same. Let´s say the truth.
..And what has that got to do with the price of Kenkey?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Interesting that all the "accusers" are fringe players who would have never made the first team anyway.

Echiejile was much better than Taiwo in 2013/2014 and the reason Taiwo wasn't in the team is that he likely would've not been happy on the bench.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote:Interesting that all the "accusers" are fringe players who would have never made the first team anyway.

Echiejile was much better than Taiwo in 2013/2014 and the reason Taiwo wasn't in the team is that he likely would've not been happy on the bench.
That's the thing that gets my goat.

There are actual players who have a legitimate gripe. Those that helped the team win the AFCON who were dropped.

Then you have %$#@^& fringe players raising hand saying they didn't make the team because they refused to drop.

Duhhh! The only way they would have made the team was to have dropped (massively).
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

DIMKA76 wrote:
fabio wrote:When you left your France club, your career was never the same. Let´s say the truth.
..And what has that got to do with the price of Kenkey?
The corn imported from France is not the best for making kenkey and it's also very expensive. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Let me get this right a player close to the core who gets dropped is more credible than those who are fringe players? That logic is warped.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The man is dead. Not sure why this is being brought up now.