Bright Osayi-Samuel The Best Dribbler In The Championship

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Bright Osayi-Samuel The Best Dribbler In The Championship

Post by Jmal »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyfkGH7LyaY
He and Chidera Ejuke can be exceptional for Super eagles in the future must invited first.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bright Osayi-Samuel The Best Dribbler In The Championshi

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Useless league. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Useless league. :boo:
Brow You never know he and Chidera Ejuke next destination we will wait and se :thumb:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

They both deserve invites.
Jmal wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyfkGH7LyaY
He and Chidera Ejuke can be exceptional for Super eagles in the future must invited first.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why have they procrastinated on calling up Ejuke? I can understand why they’ve not bothered with Bright even though he’s obviously a good prospect.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Why have they procrastinated on calling up Ejuke? I can understand why they’ve not bothered with Bright even though he’s obviously a good prospect.
There's a limit to how many you can call up at any one time esp for competitive games when the stakes are higher with less room for error.
When would he have been called up and in place of whom?
Its not as if he can be invited in place of Uzoho, or Balogun or Shehu.

He is competing for a position in which we have relative strength.
Let the friendlies come around and I'm sure he'll get his chance.

Just my opinion.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

With all the potential players we are looking at, even the bench is looking stacked, if we can get them of course. They are young and can hopefully grow into a formidable team. But it would require a serious manager and even more serious administrators, if we don't want to keep missing on "golden" generations
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:With all the potential players we are looking at, even the bench is looking stacked, if we can get them of course. They are young and can hopefully grow into a formidable team. But it would require a serious manager and even more serious administrators, if we don't want to keep missing on "golden" generations
Its on record that a large number if not most of us here have been predicting for 2 or 3 years now that Qatar 2022 is when our team should be ripe to take Nigeria and Africa to the 'next level' of the WC.
Despite the misgivings of the anti-Rohr crowd, I'm convinced they believe and want this too and are secretly optimistic despite what they parrot in public.
The only thing standing in our way in my opinion is an incompetent NFF that somehow contrives to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Even as things stand right now, which country is giving me the Kongi Shakes in anticipation of a whooping?
Tbh, none in particular.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:With all the potential players we are looking at, even the bench is looking stacked, if we can get them of course. They are young and can hopefully grow into a formidable team. But it would require a serious manager and even more serious administrators, if we don't want to keep missing on "golden" generations
Its on record that a large number if not most of us here have been predicting for 2 or 3 years now that Qatar 2022 is when our team should be ripe to take Nigeria and Africa to the 'next level' of the WC.
Despite the misgivings of the anti-Rohr crowd, I'm convinced they believe and want this too and are secretly optimistic despite what they parrot in public.
The only thing standing in our way in my opinion is an incompetent NFF that somehow contrives to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
I totally agree with the NFF sentiments.
The NFF need to create a culture and an identity for the SE with good player welfare structure.

Young Nigerians, particularly foreign ones, want a sense of belonging.

Create "The fashionista Ballers" identity. We are currently coming up with the "must have" kits in world football. You don't even need to sell the SE too much before they all want to join. Success on the field will make the job even easier.

If the likes of Ejaria, Eze, Bright etc can join the like of Chukwueze... that can be a catalyst for future foreign and local naija players aspire to becoming a Super Eagle
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

QPR have rejected an offer of £3.4 million for Osayi-Samuel from Belgian champions, FC Brugges according to voetbalnieuws.com
I am happy
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Dammy wrote:QPR have rejected an offer of £3.4 million for Osayi-Samuel from Belgian champions, FC Brugges according to voetbalnieuws.com
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... c-18254808
Queens Park Rangers have rejected a £3million bid for West Bromwich Albion
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

But is moving to Belgium wise?
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

pajimoh wrote:But is moving to Belgium wise?
victor osimhen wilfred ndidi moved from belgium and they doing good
Dont forget Bonaventure Dennis is Doing good at FC Brugge.
All depends on how he further develops,
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Jmal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:But is moving to Belgium wise?
victor osimhen wilfred ndidi moved from belgium and they doing good
Dont forget Bonaventure Dennis is Doing good at FC Brugge.
All depends on how he further develops,
Ndidi moved from Belgium to the EPL, an upward movd. Dennis is already in Belgium.
Moving from Championship to Belgium, I'm not sure is a challenging and upward move?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not exactly a dream move. I think the Championship is actually stronger than the Belgian league. With Brugges though there is the possibility of greater exposure through Champions League football.
Dammy wrote:QPR have rejected an offer of £3.4 million for Osayi-Samuel from Belgian champions, FC Brugges according to voetbalnieuws.com
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Not exactly a dream move. I think the Championship is actually stronger than the Belgian league. With Brugges though there is the possibility of greater exposure through Champions League football.
There used to be a ranking of all European leagues including some second-tier leagues.
I'm pretty sure the Championship ranked higher than some 'middle-level' European leagues but I'm not sure which ones.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:Despite the misgivings of the anti-Rohr crowd, I'm convinced they believe and want this too and are secretly optimistic despite what they parrot in public.

Even as things stand right now, which country is giving me the Kongi Shakes in anticipation of a whooping?
Tbh, none in particular.
I'm convinced the pro-Rohr crowd (john12 aside) recognise Rohr's notable coaching flaws and limitations. To say the NFF is the ONLY thing standing in the way of "success" would be dishonest.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:Despite the misgivings of the anti-Rohr crowd, I'm convinced they believe and want this too and are secretly optimistic despite what they parrot in public.

Tbh, none in particular.
I'm convinced the pro-Rohr crowd (john12 aside) recognise Rohr's notable coaching flaws and limitations. To say the NFF is the ONLY thing standing in the way of "success" would be dishonest.
That will always be debatable, but yes there are bound to be limitations with any coach if we are going to be honest.
Give me a proven superior coach willing to do the job is all we ask. Until then, to use the words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

The major 'flaw and limitation' of the "Sack Rohr Now'' crowd is that they have no practical alternatives to offer. It all comes across as being more sentiment than substance.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I'm neither "sack Rohr now" nor think he's the best we can do. He's competent at best - he's not really imaginative and the quality of football hasn't typically been much to shout home about.

I would have relieved him of his post immediately after the ANC but accept it would probably be a daft move now - that boat has sailed.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Why have they procrastinated on calling up Ejuke? I can understand why they’ve not bothered with Bright even though he’s obviously a good prospect.
There's a limit to how many you can call up at any one time esp for competitive games when the stakes are higher with less room for error.

Just my opinion.
But we have CEs picking Eze for their fantasy squad and Ejaria is said to fit into the first 11 immediately, what you’re saying isn’t wrong but there seems to be more attention on players that have less affiliation with the SEs than potential starters that deserve a place in the squad at least.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Just my opinion.
But we have CEs picking Eze for their fantasy squad and Ejaria is said to fit into the first 11 immediately, what you’re saying isn’t wrong but there seems to be more attention on players that have less affiliation with the SEs than potential starters that deserve a place in the squad at least.
Well, what we say here on CE is irrelevant.
We are just fans abusing and killing each other over someone else's problem. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Secondly, we don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ejuke has been contacted, either by the NFF or even Rohr himself, even if only to offer encouragement and a reassurance that he is heading in the right direction.

We only know what is in the public domain and that depends on what the press knows and chooses to report.

Just as an aside (but to buttress this very point), you might care to watch the 'lockdown' interview with Shehu Dikko, NFF VP by Elegbete TV here.
Fascinating.
Thoroughly enjoyable. :thumb:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote:I'm neither "sack Rohr now" nor think he's the best we can do. He's competent at best - he's not really imaginative and the quality of football hasn't typically been much to shout home about.

I would have relieved him of his post immediately after the ANC but accept it would probably be a daft move now - that boat has sailed.
I was livid with Rohr after the WC match against Argentina as I was screaming before the equaliser that he should bring in substitutes as the players were getting tired and also waste time. He only reacted after the horses had bolted from the stables. If he was fired after the WC, I wouldn't have any qualms about it. Also this same scenario was repeated against Algeria in the SF of AFCON as visibly tired players were kept on and if he was relieved of his duties after AFCON, I wouldn't have complained.
It seemed to me from the 2 tournaments that Rohr didn't believe in the abilities of his players and Nigeria's football history of giant killing is littered with self belief. Sometimes the team lacks organisation but that self belief propels the team to victory over superior teams like Brazil and Argentina during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. The Super Eagles under Rohr seemed to be bogged down with tactics and the spontaneous play that comes from self belief was missing.
However, since AFCON, I have noticed a difference or improvement in the play of the SE. I don't know if it's as a result of the criticism that followed the Algerian match or Rohr starting to believe in his team, but that self belief is back and is mixed with good tactics. The games against Ukraine, Brazil, Benin and Lesorho, reveals a team on the roll and sacking the coach now, could be counter productive.
So when I support Rohr, it's not because I believe he's faultless but because it's not in the team's best interests.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:So when I support Rohr, it's not because I believe he's faultless but because it's not in the team's best interests.
...as opposed to the 'Sack Rohr Now!' crowd who believe their own analysis is faultless and sacking him immediately is in the best interest of the SE". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: