While EYE-bee dreams of a SE call up...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
While EYE-bee dreams of a SE call up...

Post by Tobi17 »

It seems LOOKman is all clear for his fifa switch according to:
https://mobile.twitter.com/owngoalnigeria

Do you still guys rate him highly?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: While EYE-bee dreams of a SE call up...

Post by truetalk »

My opinion of the 6 Niaja boys in the England side that won the U-20 World Cup. This was at the time.

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283584&hilit=tomori+solanke

To be honest, of the 6 Naija boys in the England U-20 winning side, I think we need 3, and should forget about 3.

We need Onomah, Ejiarah & Tomori.

Solanke & Lookman can take a hike. The Ojo of Liverpool was not good enough for Nigeria. A couple of folks here have said he is having a good season in France. I have not seen him this season, so I don't know. He does have a good left foot though.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

truetalk wrote:My opinion of the 6 Niaja boys in the England side that won the U-20 World Cup. This was at the time.

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283584&hilit=tomori+solanke

To be honest, of the 6 Naija boys in the England U-20 winning side, I think we need 3, and should forget about 3.

We need Onomah, Ejiarah & Tomori.

Solanke & Lookman can take a hike. The Ojo of Liverpool was not good enough for Nigeria. A couple of folks here have said he is having a good season in France. I have not seen him this season, so I don't know. He does have a good left foot though.
I really rate Ademola though, I know our FWD positions are loaded and all, but Lookman can definitely offer us something as a depth player at least... his current form aside, the boy dey tap serious leather.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:I really rate Ademola though, I know our FWD positions are loaded and all, but Lookman can definitely offer us something as a depth player at least... his current form aside, the boy dey tap serious leather.
But hasn't his form dropped off recently?
On current form, he won't make a 23-man squad in my opinion - unless its for a try-out in a friendly.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I really rate Ademola though, I know our FWD positions are loaded and all, but Lookman can definitely offer us something as a depth player at least... his current form aside, the boy dey tap serious leather.
On current form, he won't make a 23-man squad in my opinion - unless its for a try-out in a friendly.
We need more depth, Lookman is a top notch player no doubt, and he knows he has his work cut out for him before he makes the SE. Hopefully he rediscovers his form at Leipzig, one of Ademola or Ejaria can easily play in the CAM role as well! at the end the we are stacked with options, win/win.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
We need more depth, Lookman is a top notch player no doubt, and he knows he has his work cut out for him before he makes the SE. Hopefully he rediscovers his form at Leipzig, one of Ademola or Ejaria can easily play in the CAM role as well! at the end the we are stacked with options, win/win.
I like Lookman as well, i really hope he can find his form again,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I've said it before, and it sounds left-field (pun unintended) but Ojo's best hopes of breaking into the team might be from left-back...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Looku missed the boat long ago when we were after him and he carried us do yanga. We have so many wingers ,forwards and Mf options now that he needs to look to Wales,Scotland or N Ireland to see if he can quali for their pali. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The YeyeMan wrote:I've said it before, and it sounds left-field (pun unintended) but Ojo's best hopes of breaking into the team might be from left-back...
Yup! Left back at his house. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Ibe's change of heart could be coming after his recent brush with the law. Maybe he's been taught some "home truths"
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:Ibe's change of heart could be coming after his recent brush with the law. Maybe he's been taught some "home truths"
Weytin happen?
False identity? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Ibe's change of heart could be coming after his recent brush with the law. Maybe he's been taught some "home truths"
Weytin happen?
Drink driving
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Prince wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Lookman came on in the 46th minute for Leipzig today in the Bundesliga match against Freiburg which ended 1-1. According to reports, he played well.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Weytin happen?
Drink driving
No wonder he can't pronounce his name correctly. :lol:
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Dammy wrote:
Prince wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Lookman came on in the 46th minute for Leipzig today in the Bundesliga match against Freiburg which ended 1-1. According to reports, he played well.
According to my eye won't invite him based on today's game.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:I've said it before, and it sounds left-field (pun unintended) but Ojo's best hopes of breaking into the team might be from left-back...
Yup! Left back at his house. :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?