Mba Selected Ahead of Me Because of Politics -- Igiebor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Re: Mba Selected Ahead of Me Because of Politics -- Igiebor

Post by chuks69 »

It is was really tough for Nosa.. perhaps Nosa and Mikel Obi MF for Nigeria would be over run.. Nigeria normmally plays 3 CMFs, you need at least two workers to make it work.. Nosa wasnt a worker, just likes to get on the meat.. so having two non -workers in MF never worked, this perhaps was Nosa's undoing..
afc##
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Abeg Nosa, pipe down, you were given every single chance to solidify your spot on the team, only to play yourself completely off it and lose out to a home based player, kai....
"Rohr asked to be his agent to help him find a better team. He refused and wasn't called back."

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

It can't be Rohr. Likely the agent 'scout'
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Abeg Nosa, pipe down, you were given every single chance to solidify your spot on the team, only to play yourself completely off it and lose out to a home based player, kai....
"Rohr asked to be his agent to help him find a better team. He refused and wasn't called back."

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

It can't be Rohr. Likely the agent 'scout'
Mr Integrity will never do anything like that :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Mods, please do your gademm jobs! Why should lies be peddled on the forum?
The link where Nosa was quoted as saying that Rohr asked to be his agent should be posted!
I'm not surprised that a so called moderator with an agenda will join in spreading the lies!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Mods, please do your gademm jobs! Why should lies be peddled on the forum?
The link where Nosa was quoted as saying that Rohr asked to be his agent should be posted!
I'm not surprised that a so called moderator with an agenda will join in spreading the lies!
What do you want the moderators to do?

Delete accusations made against Rohr and Delete accusations made against Keshi?

Keep accusations made against Rohr and keep accusations made against Keshi?

Keep accusations made against Rohr and Delete accusations made against Keshi?

Delete accusations made against Rohr and keep accusations made against Keshi?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:
Igiebor: Why Super Eagles coach Rohr has not selected midfielder
Gbenga Adewoye
12:59 5/8/20
https://www.goal.com/en/news/igiebor-wh ... be68av2pmf

The 29-year-old has only featured twice for the three-time African champions since the arrival of the German tactician
Nosa Igiebor has revealed why he has not been playing for the Nigeria national team, suggesting he was frozen out by coach Gernot Rohr.
The 29-year-old was involved in the German tactician’s opening two games but was dropped to the bench against Zambia during the 2018 World Cup qualifying game.
The former Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder explained he met with Rohr to know why he was not involved in the match, and the 66-year-old responded that he should move to a better league as the Israeli Premier League was not competitive enough.

“In Europe, if your coach doesn’t play you, you have a right to ask why you’re not getting game time so that you’ll know where to improve in your game,” he told Brila FM.
“The coach will even be happy. I did that when we got to Abuja. Wrapped my hands around the coach and asked him why I wasn’t playing.
“You know what he said to me? I should go and play in England because most players he played play in England.
“That he doesn’t like the level of the Israeli league insisting that I should move to a better league if I want to play. I was shocked because I have played in Betis and even in the Champions League in the past.
“The following week they took a picture from a newspaper in Nigeria and sent to me, you know what Rohr said about me is that I will not call these players again because they are only coming here for the bonus.
“First on the list is Nosa Igiebor, my name was number one. So I was interviewed on this same station and I said I don’t want to play for the national team again if that is what this man thinks about me.”
Igiebor was part of Nigeria’s squad that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations along with Sunday Mba, who emerged as one of the star-performers in the competition.
The former Real Betis midfielder was, however, excluded from the final Super Eagles squad to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has revealed why he failed to make Stephen Keshi’s list.
“Football is all politics, they took me out of the starting line-up, not because of Sunday Mba is better than me,” he continued.
“Yes he’s hardworking and he is very good, but it all boils down to the politics in Nigeria Football and that is why I wasn’t unable to go to the World cup. Even the Sunday Mba who was at the Afcon didn’t go to the world cup.”
The former Anorthosis Famagusta midfielder has made 15 appearances for the three-time African champions and scored two goals.
Nosa, you were told that the Special Software needs your details, since it is only available in England.

They have not upgraded it to cover the Isreali league.

In other words, you need the covering of agent turned chief scout.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote:
Please give us the link where Nosa was quoted as saying this because some ignorant folks are running with it!.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gbenga Adewoye

The 29-year-old has only featured twice for the three-time African champions since the arrival of the German tactician
Nosa Igiebor has revealed why he has not been playing for the Nigeria national team, suggesting he was frozen out by coach Gernot Rohr.
The 29-year-old was involved in the German tactician’s opening two games but was dropped to the bench against Zambia during the 2018 World Cup qualifying game.
The former Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder explained he met with Rohr to know why he was not involved in the match, and the 66-year-old responded that he should move to a better league as the Israeli Premier League was not competitive enough.

“In Europe, if your coach doesn’t play you, you have a right to ask why you’re not getting game time so that you’ll know where to improve in your game,” he told Brila FM.
“The coach will even be happy. I did that when we got to Abuja. Wrapped my hands around the coach and asked him why I wasn’t playing.
“You know what he said to me? I should go and play in England because most players he played play in England.
“That he doesn’t like the level of the Israeli league insisting that I should move to a better league if I want to play. I was shocked because I have played in Betis and even in the Champions League in the past.
“The following week they took a picture from a newspaper in Nigeria and sent to me, you know what Rohr said about me is that I will not call these players again because they are only coming here for the bonus.
“First on the list is Nosa Igiebor, my name was number one. So I was interviewed on this same station and I said I don’t want to play for the national team again if that is what this man thinks about me.”
Igiebor was part of Nigeria’s squad that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations along with Sunday Mba, who emerged as one of the star-performers in the competition.
The former Real Betis midfielder was, however, excluded from the final Super Eagles squad to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has revealed why he failed to make Stephen Keshi’s list.
“Football is all politics, they took me out of the starting line-up, not because of Sunday Mba is better than me,” he continued.
“Yes he’s hardworking and he is very good, but it all boils down to the politics in Nigeria Football and that is why I wasn’t unable to go to the World cup. Even the Sunday Mba who was at the Afcon didn’t go to the world cup.”
The former Anorthosis Famagusta midfielder has made 15 appearances for the three-time African champions and scored two goals.
Nosa, you were told that the Special Software needs your details, since it is only available in England.

Even by your standards, do your comments sound intelligent to you?
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:Mods, please do your gademm jobs! Why should lies be peddled on the forum?
What do you want the moderators to do?

Delete accusations made against Rohr and Delete accusations made against Keshi?

Keep accusations made against Rohr and keep accusations made against Keshi?

Keep accusations made against Rohr and Delete accusations made against Keshi?

Delete accusations made against Rohr and keep accusations made against Keshi?
Accusations made against Keshi have links and they were not made by CE members. Those accusations were by former players on social media with the links included
A moderator should follow the rules of the forum or be stripped of the title.
It is not right for a member of the forum especially someone with moderating powers and expected to know better to come up with accusations without any link or evidence and you now get those who have an agenda running with it!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Even by your standards, do your comments sound intelligent to you?
My standards might be low,

My comments might be unintelligent,

However, they will never be too low and unintelligent to have myself or my brother involved in the transfer to Locomotive Moscow.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Accusations made against Keshi have links and they were not made by CE members. Those accusations were by former players on social media with the links included
It is not right for a member of the forum especially someone with moderating powers and expected to know better to come up with accusations without any link or evidence and you now get those who have an agenda running with it!
Having read the accusations against Keshi.... The evidence boils down to ¨someone asked me to pay¨.

The accusers never named or mentioned or even gave an inclination of who the someone was/or? Somehow, that someone has been linked to Keshi.

Now that we are using loose evidence to hang Keshi. Why should Rohr be an exception to the rule on using loose evidence?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Even by your standards, do your comments sound intelligent to you?
My standards might be low,

My comments might be unintelligent,

However, they will never be too low and unintelligent to have myself or my brother involved in the transfer to Locomotive Moscow.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.
You are just running with rumours. Do you have evidence or links to prove your accusations? Or are you trying to tar everyone with the same brush? My bro, your arguments are very weak! Please come up with something concrete!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Accusations made against Keshi have links and they were not made by CE members. Those accusations were by former players on social media with the links included
Having read the accusations against Keshi.... The evidence boils down to ¨someone asked me to pay¨.

The accusers never named or mentioned or even gave an inclination of who the someone was/or? Somehow, that someone has been linked to Keshi.

Now that we are using loose evidence to hang Keshi. Why should Rohr be an exception to the rule on using loose evidence?
Please come up with links that have "someone asked me to pay" about Rohr as well and not just latch up to an imaginary accusation.
FYI, I have listened to Keshi on speaker phone talking about Oboabona's prospective transfer to Europe but I can't use that on a public forum. I can discuss it privately with my friends.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Please come up with links that have "someone asked me to pay" about Rohr as well and not just latch up to an imaginary accusation.
FYI, I have listened to Keshi on speaker phone talking about Oboabona's prospective transfer to Europe but I can't use that on a public forum. I can discuss it privately with my friends.
If you can´t use the evidence in public, why condemn Keshi in the public?

The condemnation of Keshi should be kept in private with your friends.

You accuse people of having agendas. It´s clear you have an agenda as well.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: You are just running with rumours. Do you have evidence or links to prove your accusations? Or are you trying to tar everyone with the same brush? My bro, your arguments are very weak! Please come up with something concrete!
In the court of law, before a judge someone said is so weak, you will lose the with a no case submission defense.

However, in the court of public opinion, social media etc, you will win the case.

Egbon, your arguments are very strong on social media and public opinion, however, they can´t stand the court of proving beyond reasonable doubt and empirical evidence.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Please come up with links that have "someone asked me to pay" about Rohr as well and not just latch up to an imaginary accusation.
If you can´t use the evidence in public, why condemn Keshi in the public?

The condemnation of Keshi should be kept in private with your friends.

You accuse people of having agendas. It´s clear you have an agenda as well.
I condemn Keshi in public because Adebayor, Pinnick when he was Delta State FA Chairman publicly accused Keshi of spivng.
I had also posted in other threads that I believe that spiving is not restricted to Nigerian coaches alone but foreign coaches as well. I used the example of Westerhoff who said that FC Brugges paid him a commission for Amokachi's transfer. That's a clear conflict of interest but it doesn't harm or weaken the team as Amokachi is a bonafide starter in the SE. The problem I have is when this COI negatively affects the SE selection like the 2014 WC.
This was exemplified when we had to substitute Reuben for Onazi and our standard fell and we lost the game.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Fabio,

Abi you don craze :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Me sef tink say dem software need serious upgrade. I am quoting SE Assistant Coach.

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gbenga Adewoye

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:Fabio,

Abi you don craze :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Me sef tink say dem software need serious upgrade. I am quoting SE Assistant Coach.

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gbenga Adewoye

Abeg forget about software and do a write up on why the best local players like Iheanacho, Nwakili, Success, Awoniyi, Ndidi, Ejuke, Dennis, Okereke, Alampasu, Uzoho, Simon, Awaziem etc bypass the local league to move to Europe. Try to find a way to have the academies linked with football clubs, so that the clubs can benefit from the transfer fees instead of the money ending up in the pockets of academy owners like Nath boys who pocketed almost £800,000 for the transfer of Ndidi to Leicester and are in line for bigger payments in future when Ndidi gets transferred.
The amount collected by Nath boys is over N300 million and it's more than enough to fund a local team in our league without depending on government money.
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Why has Nosa made his selection issues public? Does he still want to play for Nigeria? What would his motivation be? A To win nations cup medal? He already has one B To go to the World Cup ? Is age still on his side? Shouldn’t he focus on making as much money as possible playing club football and staying injury free? Who next to demand selection Obafemi Martins? Players that in the past wasted their talent
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

bret- hart wrote:I like Nosa but he needs tp sharrap. If Keshi stuck with him instead of benching him at the 2013 AFCON, we would have been out after the 1st round. That being said Keshi really sold us short dropping Nosa for the likes of Uchebo and Gabriel Ruben. Tufia!!
qualifying didn't come down to Nosa...the tactics were crap and just barely got by Ethiopia...all their route 1 stomach churning football was somehow miraculously scrapped after Ethiopia and boys began to play the ball on the ground...that changed everything..I personally think it was the players decision(Mikel etc) to appease coach to try something different..Nigeria was horrible to watch in the 1st three matches, delight to watch in the last three..simples
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

there WERE some questionable inclusions in that squad...lets not get clouded by the trophy..Juwon Oshaniwa looked totally lost against Burkina Faso.thank God for Mikel bailing him out as he was getting roasted like the match was being played on a grill...then the ultimate exclusion of certain players from the world cup..totally comical..9ja stood NO CHANCE in the wc going in..wth was Amoeba or what's his name going to do in the WC? mcchww…

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Special Software :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Please give us the link where Nosa was quoted as saying this because some ignorant folks are running with it!.
Chief Dammy, I did not say Nosa said nor did I attribute the quoted text to anyone.

What I engaged in is termed, 'Syllogism'.

It is in line with the nebulous 'Politics' Igiebor alleged.

BTW, Igiebor did assert that Rohr asked him to move to England... the rest, I paraphrased.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!