'Show Your Proof!' - Ike Shorunmu responds to Chinedu Obasi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'Show Your Proof!' - Ike Shorunmu responds to Chinedu Ob

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: Other than recording myself or friends for fun, none because I never felt the need to since I've never been asked for a bribe.

But if I were being asked, you damn sure well know I would've recorded it. And being pressured for a bribe isn't a normal course of events so yes you're right about that it would be dumb to ask him to be recording every conversation he has. But that's not what I suggested and you know it.
Not everyone is as sneaky as you. I have never recorded a conversation. The only proof we have from this conversation is that you are not very reasonable.
First it was that it's not possible, then he's not a journalist, now it's he's not sneaky enough.

Slowly sha, we're getting there small email.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: Other than recording myself or friends for fun, none because I never felt the need to since I've never been asked for a bribe.

But if I were being asked, you damn sure well know I would've recorded it. And being pressured for a bribe isn't a normal course of events so yes you're right about that it would be dumb to ask him to be recording every conversation he has. But that's not what I suggested and you know it.
Not everyone is as sneaky as you. I have never recorded a conversation. The only proof we have from this conversation is that you are not very reasonable.
First it was that it's not possible, then he's not a journalist, now it's he's not sneaky enough.

I think you may be missing the point bro.

This is like a child who happens to be a world expert at evading kidnappers (if there happens to be such a thing) and has a track record of escaping kidnappers evading a kidnapper and you start asking why another child who was kidnapped couldn't have escaped. It would be nice to escape but under no circumstance should this be the norm expected from children.

Hope this analogy helps.

Your expectation blames the victim while also diminishing the journalist's training, dedication, and effort.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

This is like a child who happens to be a world expert at evading kidnappers (if there happens to be such a thing) and has a track record of escaping kidnappers evading a kidnapper and you start asking why another child who was kidnapped couldn't have escaped. It would be nice to escape but under no circumstance should this be the norm expected from children.

Hope this analogy helps.
It doesn't.

I didn't suggest that he should've fought back or spoken out. All I've said is if someone is asking you for a bribe, it's not inconceivable to record one of the numerous conversations that would've taken place. 2014 is only six years ago, smart phones were already readily available, and mobile phones with voice recorder have been readily available for close to twenty years now.

Now is it possible it didn't cross his mind? Sure, and that's fine and understandable. But to claim that the suggestion is out of this world is what I have a problem accepting. It's the very first thing that comes to my mind in such a situation.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

theYemster wrote:
niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Hope this analogy helps.
It doesn't.

I didn't suggest that he should've fought back or spoken out. All I've said is if someone is asking you for a bribe, it's not inconceivable to record one of the numerous conversations that would've taken place. 2014 is only six years ago, smart phones were already readily available, and mobile phones with voice recorder have been readily available for close to twenty years now.

Now is it possible it didn't cross his mind? Sure, and that's fine and understandable. But to claim that the suggestion is out of this world is what I have a problem accepting. It's the very first thing that comes to my mind in such a situation.
You may be a minority here and should take up a career in sting journalism. It's certainly not the first thing that comes to my mind and it's not the first thing that comes to most people's minds.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ike Shorunmi is diverting attention with the Eneranmo case.. Based on lars Largerback analysis, he said he dropped Eneranmo for Yakubu, because he felt and statistics showed that Yakubu was superior. Eneranmo lost out to yakubu. Obasi got on the plane in WC 2010, because largerback had planned to use him as a Winger forward.. Even when Mikel was injured and dropped out, Largerback called Brown ideye in his place, because he belt brown could play 8 and 8.5 instead having a proper 10, which could be balanced by two CDMFs.. largerback selections for the worldcup was analytical and he used statsitics to drop players even when friendlies were cancelled..
Obasi could have gone to the WC2014 as an inside winger cum forward, however he didnt have a long consistent season in 2013/14 to make his case more pushy..
afc##
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Hope this analogy helps.
It doesn't.

You may be a minority here and should take up a career in sting journalism. It's certainly not the first thing that comes to my mind and it's not the first thing that comes to most people's minds.
"First thing" is a figure of speech. It doesn't actually mean it's literally the first thing that I think of. However it is definitely something that would've crossed my mind and I most likely would've done, regardless of whether or not I was going to play ball. It would've been my insurance cover whichever way I decided to go.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Osaze don shake table o, with accusations of Nigerian coaches using their selections to market players.
Fabio, what's happening o?
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Osaze don shake table o, with accusations of Nigerian coaches using their selections to market players.
Egbon Dammy, you know I don´t know much about what´s happening. Did this happen?
Now Rohr is no saint....I saw some things in St Petersburg that still makes me scratch my head to this day (Rohr or his brother’s involvement in Idowu to Locomotiv Moscow).....but I know he’s very fair wrt player selection for games.

Please remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.

Let´s shake the table with truth, not where bread is being buttered at the moment!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:Osaze don shake table o, with accusations of Nigerian coaches using their selections to market players.
Egbon Dammy, you know I don´t know much about what´s happening. Did this happen?
Now Rohr is no saint....I saw some things in St Petersburg that still makes me scratch my head to this day (Rohr or his brother’s involvement in Idowu to Locomotiv Moscow).....but I know he’s very fair wrt player selection for games.

Please remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.

Let´s shake the table with truth, not where bread is being buttered at the moment!
The last paragraph about being fair with player selection is what interests me. If our local coaches can collect egunje and still be fair with player selections, I don't have any problems with them, but when their COI begins to affect the performance of the team, I will stand up strongly against them.
My support is for the team, not the coaches.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:The last paragraph about being fair with player selection is what interests me. If our local coaches can collect egunje and still be fair with player selections, I don't have any problems with them, but when their COI begins to affect the performance of the team, I will stand up strongly against them.
You are okay with people collecting egunje, however, they should be fair in selection.

I don´t support collecting egunje in any form whatsoever! I guess that´s the clear distinction in our perspective.

Rohr collects egunje, his is fair in selection.

Keshi collects egunje, his is unfair in selection.

Both are acts condemnable!!!

As an elder, you can´t turn a blind eye to an evil, because the means justify the ends. Then suddenly call someone else olojukokoro.

At least, your stance is clear!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:The last paragraph about being fair with player selection is what interests me. If our local coaches can collect egunje and still be fair with player selections, I don't have any problems with them, but when their COI begins to affect the performance of the team, I will stand up strongly against them.
You are okay with people collecting egunje, however, they should be fair in selection.

I don´t support collecting egunje in any form whatsoever! I guess that´s the clear distinction in our perspective.

As an elder, you can´t turn a blind eye to an evil, because the means justify the ends. Then suddenly call someone else olojukokoro.

Chief, are you categorically saying that there is enough evidence to suggest that Rohr collects egunje?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Chief, are you categorically saying that there is enough evidence to suggest that Rohr collects egunje?
Uncle Damunk, there isn´t enough evidence to prove anything at the moment. Just say someone wrote!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Chief, are you categorically saying that there is enough evidence to suggest that Rohr collects egunje?
Uncle Damunk, there isn´t enough evidence to prove anything at the moment. Just say someone wrote!
There will rarely ever be enough evidence for proof.
That's why I say suggest.
Do you really believe - from what you have read and heard - that Rohr is a collector of egunje from Nigerian players?
Or is this just an 'equalising' argument? :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
There will rarely ever be enough evidence for proof.
That's why I say suggest.
Do you really believe - from what you have read and heard - that Rohr is a collector of egunje from Nigerian players?
Or is this just an 'equalising' argument? :D
Na equaliser o! :lol:
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I don't believe that all our local coaches collect money for squad places or act as agents.
The late Amodu Shuaibu, was an exception and his integrity caused him taking the SE to the WC in 2002 and 2010. Amodu picked his team on merit and could not be swayed by agents. I remember Amodu telling Michael Eneramoto take his game to Europe. He was removed so that agents cum officials like Taiwo Ogunjobi could influence player selection to the WC, something Amodu would not have condoned.
In 2010, he was removed because the trio of Lulu, Ogunjobi and Ucheagbulam, the powers in the NFF were looking to make money off a foreign coach, hence the allegations by Glenn Hoddle and Sven Goran Eriksson about being told a higher figure than their actual pay would be announced to the government and public. Based on that precedent, I am positive that a deal was done with Largerback.
Also not all the allegations against Keshi are true, the Taiye Taiwo allegations are just trying to jump on the bandwagon. Taiwo alongside the old brigade of Kalu Uche, Yakubu, Osaze, Etuhu etc were dropped from the SE after a poor performance against Rwanda in an AFCON qualifier and never called up again. So I don't understand which dirty deals he's referring to.
Last edited by Dammy on Sun May 17, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:

I'm yet to see you condemn Keshi despite all the allegations levelled against him!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: I'm yet to see you condemn Keshi despite all the allegations levelled against him!
I should condemn Keshi based an allegation. Ok.

Tomorrow, if Keshi is cleared, I will issue an unreserved apology saying I was misled or blindsided by Dammy.

Allegations remain allegations until they are proven.

Are you ready to prove them?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: I'm yet to see you condemn Keshi despite all the allegations levelled against him!
I should condemn Keshi based an allegation. Ok.

Tomorrow, if Keshi is cleared, I will issue an unreserved apology saying I was misled or blindsided by Dammy.

Allegations remain allegations until they are proven.

Are you ready to prove them?
Go and ask Adebayor and Pinnick to prove them! I personally didn't make any allegations against Keshi like I'm sure you know but playing to the gallery as usual, but I have just posted information available on social media with quotes from the duo.
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:
fabio wrote:

I'm yet to see you condemn Keshi despite all the allegations levelled against him!
Condemn him for what?

Allegations? :roll:

I see you guys are busy praising Rohr for not achieving what Keshi achieved.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
Condemn him for what?

Allegations? :roll:

I see you guys are busy praising Rohr for not achieving what Keshi achieved.
Oga cellular,

No vex oooooo.

What we are building can in no way be compared to what Keshi achieved.

This is what we are doing:

Building a new global SE team for the future.

Updating our special software to capture players outside the English Championship.

We need players who “have been exposed to the scientific methods of football in terms of coaching style, amenities and equipment as well as discipline in areas of fitness and nutrition” to build a new-look Super Eagles.

We don´t want the hungry local players still scratching the ground.

These are thing Rohr has achieved, that we are praising him for.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so **** dey collect Egunje ..ok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no wonder bobo wan sign that pathetic contract
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved