The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by ohenhen1 »

EPL is coming back in June. There is about 9 games left. So it will probably be two games a week behind closed doors. Then the start of the next season should be delayed until mid September or October.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

At least I can watch the EPL, that will help with boredom.

CROWN
Egg
Egg

Post by CROWN »

How certain are you that the player you are up against does not have COVID19. It is entertainment for us supporters for sure from the security of our homes!! How safe are the players themselves!!
I dont see how anyone can guarantee any players safety!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

ohenhen1 wrote:EPL is coming back in June. There is about 9 games left. So it will probably be two games a week behind closed doors. Then the start of the next season should be delayed until mid September or October.
How do you know the EPL is coming back in June? There are some uncertainties from the players and medical staff who don’t want to finish the season.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kenmega wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:EPL is coming back in June. There is about 9 games left. So it will probably be two games a week behind closed doors. Then the start of the next season should be delayed until mid September or October.
How do you know the EPL is coming back in June? There are some uncertainties from the players and medical staff who don’t want to finish the season.
The UK PM is hinting on allowing games in June without fans. The teams have returned to training.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

CROWN wrote:How certain are you that the player you are up against does not have COVID19. It is entertainment for us supporters for sure from the security of our homes!! How safe are the players themselves!!
I dont see how anyone can guarantee any players safety!!!
its simple. If they want to start games again, the PM and his cabinet + the FA and PL members must attend every single game and shake hands with the players before and after each game. If they arent willing to do this, then it is clear that they are willing to gamble with the lives of others and not theirs.

Its the same way some guy called the White House to schedule a public tour and the White House refused to schedule the tour. :lol: :lol: Yet, their oga wants to lift the lockdown so that the general public can go around murdering each other.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

UNAI EMERY :
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Emery.html
Quite a lot 2 unpack here by the man.

On Zaha vs PEPE:

Pepe is a good player but he needs time. When I was there he didn't give me the performances. I was in favour of someone coming who knew the English league, more than anything so that he wouldn't need a period of adaptation. I had a meeting with Zaha, the Palace player.

'He was the player I wanted because I could see that he won so many games on his own.

'I saw 20 Zaha games, some incredible performances and I told them that this is the player that I want for this team.

'I spoke to Zaha. I had been with him personally. And he wanted to come.

'But the club decided that Pepe was younger, he was one for the future. I said: yes, but we need to win now and this lad [Zaha] wins games. He did it to us!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“'One of the captains could possibly have been Ozil but the dressing room didn't want him to be captain. His level of commitment was not that of someone who deserved to be captain, and that's not what I decided, that's what the players decided.'”
After the defeat to Chelsea in the Euro final:
He explains: 'We got back to London at eight in the morning and I went home, slept three hours, and then went back to Colney.

'I had meetings with all the players that day. Individual half-hour chats with each one. Only Ozil didn't want to come.' He says he ended up speaking to Ozil on the first day back of the following pre-season.

Why did Ozil not want to attend that first day back in London? 'I don't know,' says Emery. 'He didn't come. And that's what we're saying when we talk about commitment. When the commitment is 100 per cent then everyone comes.' Emery says he doesn't want Ozil scapegoated. He doesn't blame him for the way Champions League qualification had slipped away.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

'The second year my English was better but when you go to a press conference and there are ten questions about how things are not going well I can answer the first two but for the next eight, explaining the same thing, I didn't have the depth of vocabulary.

'Obviously I'm not English but I've always said the same: We had John Toshack in Spain and he didn't speak good Spanish but it was understandable and it was funny.

'Michael Robinson was a fantastic communicator, and we loved to listen to him talk. He never spoke perfect Spanish but we accepted him with his accent and he was much-loved.' He doesn't feel he was made the same allowances. 'It's like when I said "good ebening", okay it should be "good evening", I needed to practise my accent so that it was more "good evening" than "good ebening".

'But when I said "good ebening" after a good result it was just a joke, when we were losing it was a disgrace.' Soon it wasn't just good evening it was good night.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.football365.com/news/agent- ... senal-exit

LucasT clearly wants out of the Emirates.
Same 4 Auba it appears.
Let’s just hope we can extend Saka.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Miguel Azeez - Arsenal’s future.

Bobo play is like Fabregas.Watch out.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Letter to Unai Emery from an Arsenal fan.
https://tacticalbench.com/2020/05/16/le ... senal-fan/

Dear Unai Emery,

It’s been five months since you left Arsenal but I see you still haven’t left. I’m tired of you blaming the club, the players, the hierarchy and everyone else for your exit besides your own self. I never expected you would malign the image of Arsenal Football Club in interviews. Trust me, you’re better than this.

I was someone who defended you until your last day at the club. Your last two months at the club were horrible but I still defended you. Deep down, I knew that you weren’t the right man but I never made a fuss about it. I publicly defended you and even received abuse from my own fellow Arsenal fans. Mind you that I was not defending you as an individual but I was defending the position of manager at one of the world’s biggest football clubs. Just like everyone else, I could have criticized you, and vent out my anger on the internet but I didn’t. There are many Arsenal fans like me who defended you even when we knew the writing on the wall.

A large majority of the Arsenal fan base respected you even when you didn’t do well. You literally blew the chance to play in the Champions League and then bottled an Europa League final. The Europa League final was a tactical disaster. It was you who played the team in an absolute new formation and set them for disaster. Your sudden change in tactics during the second half left our players puzzled. You’re responsible for every Arsenal fan who may have cried that night. It was not the players at fault, not the club hierarchy, not Raul, not Vinai, not the Kroenkes but you Mr. Emery why we surrendered that night. I totally understand that winning and losing is part and parcel of the game. We can’t control the outcome and result of the game but we can definitely control our hard work and effort. Sorry to say, but I didn’t even see that during the last month of the 2018/19 campaign.

I understand Koscielny’s exit left a leadership void in the dressing room and put you in a tough spot. But which sensible coach would name five captains for one team? The Arsenal captaincy isn’t a joke for it to be decided by votes. If you remember Mr. Emery, on your first day at the club, Ivan Gazidis showed you a picture from a famous night in 1989. The man who lifted that trophy in 1989 is what an Arsenal captain looks like. Your five captain theory made a mockery of the Arsenal captaincy. Was there so big a leadership deficiency in the dressing room that we needed five captains?

I don’t think you realize it but we had our highest ever transfer spending in one summer window during your tenure. Did we give you the financial backing to succeed? Yes. Did we give you enough resources to succeed? Yes. Did you succeed? I guess we all know the answer to that question. You wanted to sign player A but the club signed player B. In no way, does it mean that we didn’t support you. In fact, we broke our all time transfer record to give you a player who had the most goal contributions in Europe’s top five leagues after Lionel Messi. Don’t say that we didn’t support you when we went beyond our means to do it. It makes me wonder if the sole reason you played a particular defensive midfielder out of position was because he wasn’t your preferred signing. It makes me wonder why you singled out the same player again when you were asked about which players came to tell you goodbye on the day you left. It makes me wonder why our current number 7 went on record stating that you asked a winger to be involved in build up play which affected his performance. It makes me wonder if our current number 19 also suffered from the same problem.

You were asked to succeed Arsene Wenger and we all knew it was a very big task. To some extent, you did a fantastic job during the start of your time at the club. That Aaron Ramsey team goal, the Aubameyang team goal against Leicester, that 4-2 derby win, and the 22 game unbeaten run will perhaps go down as your best contributions to the club. But truth be told, it was all downhill from there after April 2019. You benched the club’s highest earner yet played him in the most important games. What contradiction was this? Did you expect him to perform and save your job when your neck was on the line? Now it feels like the Aaron Ramsey contract saga lasted longer than your tenure. A club servant who was the natural choice for captaincy was let go for free. Your take on his exit has changed multiple times. I don’t think I trust your answer anymore.

Anyone who has ever had a job will know that disagreement with your colleagues and seniors is normal. It doesn’t mean you malign them once you leave the job. If you felt that the club hierarchy wasn’t supportive and didn’t let you sign the players you wanted then you should have resigned at that exact moment and let us fans know. We would have asked them why they didn’t want to sign your preferred players. But perhaps, you decided to stay in the luxury of having a job when it was time to take tough decisions. You didn’t learn to swim until you started drowning.

Players, managers, club officials and owners will come and go but fans will stay forever. It is us who are the true custodians of a club. Some of us received it from our parents while others fell in love with this club before falling in love with a person. A player can move to another club, manager can resign, club officials can leave, owners can sell but fans stay at the club forever. We carry this love for the club with us to our grave. All I ask you is to stop with this relentless attack on the club through interviews. At the end of the day, we love Arsenal more than we love ourselves and will always continue doing so. It is you who looks weak before everyone because you had to use interviews and PR to resurrect your image. Since the day you left, no one at Arsenal has ever disrespected you. We wished you well and moved on. Now it’s time for you to move on too. All Arsenal fans are thankful for the things you did for us or tried to do. We all helped you and supported you to succeed but maybe it wasn’t meant to be.

Te deseo buena suerte Senor Emery!

(I wish you good luck Senor Emery!)

A lifelong Arsenal fan.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Unai Emery “We signed [Nicolas] Pépé. He’s a good player but we didn’t know his character and he needs time, patience. I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own [
@guardian

Nicolas Pepe this season while adapting to the league: 17 starts - 4 goals, 6 assists

Established Zaha who is his team's main man: 28 starts - 3 goals, 3 assists.

I like Zaha, but Pepe ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

The right decision by the boar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I actually prefer Zaha aggressive play. Zaha is also playing on a weaker team.

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Same weaker team that beat Unai Arsenal.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:Unai Emery “We signed [Nicolas] Pépé. He’s a good player but we didn’t know his character and he needs time, patience. I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own [
@guardian

Nicolas Pepe this season while adapting to the league: 17 starts - 4 goals, 6 assists

Did you consider the teams both play?Zaha in Arsenal would give us easily 15 penalties and 15 assist easy.
Though Zaha temper is what i dont like.Hope Pepe be the better player as he play for us
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

kajifu wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Unai Emery “We signed [Nicolas] Pépé. He’s a good player but we didn’t know his character and he needs time, patience. I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own [
@guardian

Did you consider the teams both play?Zaha in Arsenal would give us easily 15 penalties and 15 assist easy.
Though Zaha temper is what i dont like.Hope Pepe be the better player as he play for us
To each is own. That is what you think. However i know you have a problem with that 15 assist or whatever you wrote.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... naire.html
Can’t hate on his honesty, but .......
Yikes! :laugh:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... naire.html
Can’t hate on his honesty, but .......
Yikes! :laugh:
Hola Sleaky! Good eBening. Como estas?! Seems your baby love, Nnai Emeribe, is still being humiliated by the Ars.e faithful. Would you like to comment? Gracis y buenas tardes!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Where is Tunisian Gooner?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bk-one wrote:Where is Tunisian Gooner?
LOL. you thought he was your friend? or a Nigerian Super Eagles fan?? :lol: :lol: :lol: He will return when Arsenal football is back.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
LOL. you thought he was your friend? or a Nigerian Super Eagles fan?? :lol: :lol: :lol: He will return when Arsenal football is back.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

danfo driver wrote:

Wasnt talking to you.