Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Dr all these inexperienced young talent always flatter to deceive at the "world stage" they did the same thing in 2010 Wc, 2013 Cc, 2014 Wc, 2018 Wc and will probably do the same in 2022 worldcup. I dont even think talent is the issue, its usually a "mental thing" this is where proven experience players are vital
Yes but there is a balance to be struck.
There is a degree of fearlessness and innovation that comes with youth.
There is a degree of prudence and orthodoxy that comes with age.

You need a good mix of both individually and collectively
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Chidera Ejuke

Post by cic old boy »

Looks like a human highlights reel.
http://www.naijiant.com/
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Chidera Ejuke

Post by olu »

His time will come soon. I think he is a better prospect than Dennis Bonaventure who is currently on the SE squad. He, Ebere Eze, and Bright Osayi-Samuel are exciting prospects.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:Looks like a human highlights reel.
The more (quality) competition, the better.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I love his energy. Imagine bringing on such a player late in a game. Something is bound to happen. Should be talking about him rather than Eze. Eze who? He should have a special place in Naija's next game against Soutrh Africa. Where they bought the referee to earn a draw and cancel 2 clear goals.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Maybe if he was eligible for another country...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:Maybe if he was eligible for another country...
No Shyte! We have talent like this and some random mugus keep yelling about Osage at brentford or some hell hole club. Ejuke is a world class talent that could be at Barca in a couple years.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:His time will come soon. I think he is a better prospect than Dennis Bonaventure who is currently on the SE squad. He, Ebere Eze, and Bright Osayi-Samuel are exciting prospects.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CE members, if you have the opportunity to give birth to your child oversees, DO IT OOO!!!! most preferably at Peckham Community Hospital. Dont let your children's "time come soon," while other "innit" children's time is NOW! A word is enough for the wise. Even if you have to DHL your sperm to a woman in Peckham, DO IT!!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Eze is a natural AM so we need him in the SE. He will likely turn out to better than Iwobi in that position. Ejuke is more of a winger than an AM.
DIMKA76 wrote:I love his energy. Imagine bringing on such a player late in a game. Something is bound to happen. Should be talking about him rather than Eze. Eze who? He should have a special place in Naija's next game against Soutrh Africa. Where they bought the referee to earn a draw and cancel 2 clear goals.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This kid is a better player than Eze abeg, we're just too obsessed/biased in favor of the "foreign brands". Convert Chidera to a CAM (a position he has played to good effect at his club), and watch him flourish.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

olu wrote:Eze is a natural AM so we need him in the SE. He will likely turn out to better than Iwobi in that position. Ejuke is more of a winger than an AM.
DIMKA76 wrote:I love his energy. Imagine bringing on such a player late in a game. Something is bound to happen. Should be talking about him rather than Eze. Eze who? He should have a special place in Naija's next game against Soutrh Africa. Where they bought the referee to earn a draw and cancel 2 clear goals.
I already considered this and of course I only made comparisons regarding what Naija have; as to who is willing and who isn't. Can't wait to see Dressers. As for Osayi he will infuriate many. He holds on to the ball for way too long, he over elaborates every time he has the ball. Not SE material.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

That’s exactly how they operate if he was Dutch or especially English born Pinnick would’ve been sleeping outside his dads work place!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
That’s exactly how they operate if he was Dutch or especially English born Pinnick would’ve been sleeping outside his dads work place!
He needs to move to the English Champions and so that our special software can capture him.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
He needs to move to the English Champions and so that our special software can capture him.
The strange thing is he’s played for Nigeria at U17 and U20 level.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:This kid is a better player than Eze abeg, we're just too obsessed/biased in favor of the "foreign brands". Convert Chidera to a CAM (a position he has played to good effect at his club), and watch him flourish.
Ejuke is a 'foreign brand'.
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke
Unlike......the list is endless

The question is, why are these HB talents not proving themselves on the green grass when given the opportunity?
Somebody pls tell me.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I think he deserves an invite.

However it needs to be understood that players like this who depend almost completely on the dribble run can be hit and miss.

I watched him quite a bit this season before the stoppages.

My concern for him is a lack of intelligent movement to find/create space, and to unbalance the opponent without reliance on the 1v1 dribble, valuable as that quality is.

I'm also concerned about his mentality when things do not come off well for him in a game...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

There are both good players that deserve invites. Your point is not entirely true. Chidera looks much more comfortable on the wings than as an AM while Eze looks good playing as an AM or on the wings. My assessment has nothing to do with Eze being born abroad.

At the moment only Chidera is a available we'll see what happens with Eze.
Tobi17 wrote:This kid is a better player than Eze abeg, we're just too obsessed/biased in favor of the "foreign brands". Convert Chidera to a CAM (a position he has played to good effect at his club), and watch him flourish.
Last edited by olu on Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:I think he deserves an invite.

However it needs to be understood that players like this who depend almost completely on the dribble run can be hit and miss.

I watched him quite a bit this season before the stoppages.

My concern for him is a lack of intelligent movement to find/create space, and to unbalance the opponent without reliance on the 1v1 dribble, valuable as that quality is.

I'm also concerned about his mentality when things do not come off well for him in a game...
Precisely.
And this is why JJ will have my eternal respect.
Until this kind of player can continue to do his thing at the very top level, without losing his self-belief when it doesn't come off as easily or as often as it does at this level, you can never know what will happen.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

The question is, why are these HB talents not proving themselves on the green grass when given the opportunity?
Somebody pls tell me.
But the title of this thread reads “ Ejuke - How Good is This Player?“ so.....?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Btw, Eze is also a flamboyant player that likes to dribble as well. Maybe not quite as much as Ejuke or Osayi-Samuel though.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Foreign born/raised players also fizzle out to. What happened to Chuks Aneke, Nathan Oduwa, Habib Makanjuola, and Godswill Ekpolo? The jump from age grade to senior football is very hard and many don't make the cut.

quote="Eaglezbeak"]
Damunk wrote:
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

Somebody pls tell me.
But the title of this thread reads “ Ejuke - How Good is This Player?“ so.....?[/quote]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:His time will come soon. I think he is a better prospect than Dennis Bonaventure who is currently on the SE squad. He, Ebere Eze, and Bright Osayi-Samuel are exciting prospects.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CE members, if you have the opportunity to give birth to your child oversees, DO IT OOO!!!! most preferably at Peckham Community Hospital. Dont let your children's "time come soon," while other "innit" children's time is NOW! A word is enough for the wise. Even if you have to DHL your sperm to a woman in Peckham, DO IT!!!
:lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sahaaayytttt
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

Somebody pls tell me.
But the title of this thread reads “ Ejuke - How Good is This Player?“ so.....?
:rotf: why are you surprised? damunks lacks the basic ability to focus on a topic, bobo is king of going off point or derailing a thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved