Another one in the bag!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Another one in the bag!

Post by Tobi17 »

Our midfield is loaded already as it is... while we await Ebere the likes of Iwobi, Etebo, Ndidi, Ejaria, Aribo and Azeez are all good to go.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:E be like say he don escape from the bag o! Billings has said he's committed to playing for Denmark!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Another average player don slap them!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote:I dont believe this guy added much to SE to be honest. I doubt he is even better than Etebo, he ain't much better than guys like Azeez or Mikel Agu. Nothing special about him, he has a better chance with Denmark.
:lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:I dont believe this guy added much to SE to be honest. I doubt he is even better than Etebo, he ain't much better than guys like Azeez or Mikel Agu. Nothing special about him, he has a better chance with Denmark.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the laugh bro!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

what is so funny, there is nothing special about this guy

is he as fast as Etebo ? No

Does he have the energy to cover ground like Etebo ? No

Can he dribble as good as Etebo ? No

Can he be a game changer like Etebo ? No

The guy is taller, a better header of the ball, maybe a better tackler, yet doesn't posses anywhere near the energy of Etebo to cover ground, so I think Etebo is better at breaking up plays and transitioning into attack.

Sorry I will take Etebo over the light skinned John Ogu any day of the week.

Not losing any sleep over this guy at all.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Software failure! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This will give ammunition to those who are against recruitment of foreign born footballers. Billings case was IMO, taking things too far! We don't have a shortage of midfielders that play in his position, so why let this guy use us do yanga?
We don't need any foreign born forwards as we are overloaded in that department. If we can get a good centre-back and goalkeeper, that should be all we need.
We just can't keep adding to a growing list!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:This will give ammunition to those who are against recruitment of foreign born footballers. Billings case was IMO, taking things too far! We don't have a shortage of midfielders that play in his position, so why let this guy use us do yanga?
We don't need any foreign born forwards as we are overloaded in that department. If we can get a good centre-back and goalkeeper, that should be all we need.
No, we must keep adding to the list.

One rejection shouldn´t stop us from extending the base and depth. Come one, come all!

We can´t allow this to derail our agenda.

We must not forget what our visionary leader Lord Pinnick of Arsenal said:
Pinnick to parents of foreign-developed players in “have been exposed to the scientific methods of football in terms of coaching style, amenities and equipment as well as discipline in areas of fitness and nutrition” to build a new-look Super Eagles than the hungry local players still scratching the ground.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:This will give ammunition to those who are against recruitment of foreign born footballers. Billings case was IMO, taking things too far! We don't have a shortage of midfielders that play in his position, so why let this guy use us do yanga?

One rejection shouldn´t stop us from extending the base and depth. Come one, come all!

Pinnick to parents of foreign-developed players in “have been exposed to the scientific methods of football in terms of coaching style, amenities and equipment as well as discipline in areas of fitness and nutrition” to build a new-look Super Eagles than the hungry local players still scratching the ground.

This Fabio na craseman :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nigeria has enough talents. The nation from which 1 in 10 black people originated shouldn’t be engaged in this sort of campaign to recruit foreign born players. Rohr should stop this nonsense. Anyway Billings rejects.

SPORTS
Billing Makes It Absolutely Clear: He Won't Play For Nigeria But For Denmark
Iwedi Ojinmah Thu 21 May, 2020 06:26 am 0 Comment(s)
Despite the many rumours swirling in the Nigerian press that Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing is interested in picking the Super Eagles over Denmark's Red and White, nothing could be further from the truth.

Billing who was born to a Nigerian father and Danish mother has finally set the record straight in an interview with Danish newspaper BT

"It would be strange to play for Nigeria when I feel 100 per cent Danish." Billing said.

Billing also revealed that he made it crystal clear that he wanted to continue representing Denmark when he was approached by Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr to switch his allegiance.

Meanwhile, the former Denmark U21 star has since his conversation with Rohr held positive talks with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and he's looking forward to making his senior debut.

Considering that he has already been called up to the Scandinavian country's senior team as a non-playing substitute on six occasions the writing should clearly have been on the wall for the speculators.

In conclusion, Billing insisted that he won't address questions about pledging his allegiance to Nigeria in the future as he hopes this matter has now been put bed saying:

"Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria.

I can say that I am 100 per cent in Denmark."

http://www.theawarenessngr.com/news/det ... GOuC_8xX_8
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

YUJAM wrote:Nigeria has enough talents. The nation from which 1 in 10 black people originated shouldn’t be engaged in this sort of campaign to recruit foreign born players. Rohr should stop this nonsense. Anyway Billings rejects.

SPORTS
Despite the many rumours swirling in the Nigerian press that Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing is interested in picking the Super Eagles over Denmark's Red and White, nothing could be further from the truth.

Billing who was born to a Nigerian father and Danish mother has finally set the record straight in an interview with Danish newspaper BT

"It would be strange to play for Nigeria when I feel 100 per cent Danish." Billing said.

Billing also revealed that he made it crystal clear that he wanted to continue representing Denmark when he was approached by Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr to switch his allegiance.

Meanwhile, the former Denmark U21 star has since his conversation with Rohr held positive talks with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and he's looking forward to making his senior debut.

Considering that he has already been called up to the Scandinavian country's senior team as a non-playing substitute on six occasions the writing should clearly have been on the wall for the speculators.

In conclusion, Billing insisted that he won't address questions about pledging his allegiance to Nigeria in the future as he hopes this matter has now been put bed saying:

Kai, so Suya has a hand in this! Or was he just the message bearer?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

YUJAM wrote:Nigeria has enough talents. The nation from which 1 in 10 black people originated shouldn’t be engaged in this sort of campaign to recruit foreign born players. Rohr should stop this nonsense. Anyway Billings rejects.

SPORTS

We thought we had one in the bag.

He used us to get bag a Danish cap.

If you are struggling to get national team debut

Call Rohr and he will ensure he gets our national team´s coach attention.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:

SPORTS

We thought we had one in the bag.

He used us to get bag a Danish cap.

If you are struggling to get national team debut

Call Rohr and he will ensure he gets our national team´s coach attention.
So true! He let the rumour circulate for a while before putting a stop to it!
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Correct. I don't have a problem with recruiting foreign-born players AT ALL but it should be targeted based on needs. If targeting Billing was Rohr's idea then fine because a coach will know what his team needs.

If this was Pinnick's idea then it'd be interesting to know what the rationale was behind it. Either way, it's yet another embarrassment for him and the NFF. Abraham - FAIL; Billings - FAIL; Ebere - FAIL.

This is why I told Enugu II and Cellular that it's one thing to have a policy of recruiting foreign-born players but it's another thing to successfully implement it.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Correct. I don't have a problem with recruiting foreign-born players AT ALL but it should be targeted based on needs. If targeting Billing was Rohr's idea then fine because a coach will know what his team needs.

If this was Pinnick's idea then it'd be interesting to know what the rationale was behind it. Either way, it's yet another embarrassment for him and the NFF. Abraham - FAIL; Billings - FAIL; Ebere - FAIL.

This is why I told Enugu II and Cellular that it's one thing to have a policy of recruiting foreign-born players but it's another thing to successfully implement it.
A lot of people likened him to Ogu (long term backup for Mikel) for a reason. He could be a good backup for Ndidi.

I think he gave some life to the rumours to try to force Denmark's hand; but for me there is no real problem here.

Developing the local league and going after all eligible players for the Super Eagles are two separate issues and are not mutually exclusive.

We could have one of the top 3 leagues in Africa (long way from there) and all 23 players of the Super Eagles could still be foreign based with over half of them born abroad based on merit.

BTW, you can get to ask Pinnick or Rohr, these questions yourself. Just take 5 days out and fly to any SE game and stay in the hotel. You'll catch Pinnick at breakfast or in the Gym (in black cycling attire with his tiny pot belly). Rohr will sometime be by himself downing a pint of lager at the bar at night. I've harassed both men, & others like Ikpeme (when they are alone) in the past.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:

Exactly Fabio! :clap: :clap: :clap:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:

It is a step up from Kumbur and Onoriode (the supposed 'Hey you')
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:

It is a step up from Kumbur and Onoriode (the supposed 'Hey you')
It's also a step up from recruiting League one Omosuzi!

Cybereagles • View topic - I want my own assistants - Keshi

Football | Super Eagles

Stephen Keshi © Backpagepix
I want my own assistants - Keshi
by Calvin Emeka Onwuka 12 February 2014, 14:38

Stephen Keshi has exclusively told supersport.com that he is unaware of this so called 'assistant' to be provided for him. "The president, Maigari has never agreed for any assistant to be added to my coaching team at all so I am not sure who invents these stories and what their aims are"

A few months back after world cup qualification was secured according to the Big Boss "I was invited to a meeting and I was asked how the federation can help me in my job to improve things.”

“ I said I wanted Silvanus Okpala back as my assistant and Andyson Ogugua my video analyst (these two were part of the back room staff that won the Afcon in South Africa last year) but I have not been given an answer on if or when I can have them back"

Keshi spoke to supersport.com at his home in California where he has gone for a deserved rest and recovery after the CHAN which his team finished third behind Ghana and Libya. On why he took the team to the tournament unlike Ghana for instance "initially I was told that the Federation had no money to prosecute the competition so I was not thinking about it. “

“Then later, I was informed that the country will be attending so I suggested that someone else take the team so I can go have a rest and recharge my batteries while planning for the world cup but I was overruled and so we went. It was not a bad experience and I saw some good play from my players"

The Big Boss believed the team could have even done better "we were unhinged because the local league had ended four months or so before the tournament started and most of the players I used to prosecute the qualifiers had gone abroad. Still I am proud of those that went with us."

The former Super Eagles captain is determined to make sure Nigeria has a good outing in Brazil at the world cup. The team plays a friendly with Mexico in Atlanta on March the 5th "it is one match am hoping to use to try a few things with some of the players I have called up. Also, a chance for us to gather again, speak to each other get the players to remember the challenges at hand"

On the chances of new players hoping to make the world cup team, Keshi added “for sure. I have said this over and over again that my team is not sorted. However any player looking in from the outside has to be better than what I currently have. So, when we invite anyone they must give me us that something special to warrant a place in the squad."

One player he seems to like is Leyton Orient's former England youth international Elliot OmozusiI have watched him and I like him as a right back. He has energy to go up and down that flank. However, we are working hard to get his clearance from FIFA so he can play for us; if the clearance had come through he would have been available for me to look at him"

Would it not be much better if the Federation concentrated more on getting this clearance for Omozusi rather than insist on a needless foreign assistant for one of Africa's most successful indigenous coaches.

"I love coaching Nigeria and I have always been proud to represent my country in any form. So I am not going to let anything distract me from this job, millions of Nigerians appreciate what we are doing, the Federation president supports me and the President of the country too so I am calm. We move on. Nigeria is bigger than any man even Stephen Keshi"

The Super Eagles are grouped alongside Iran, Bosnia-Herzogovina and Argentina for their world cup first round matches. Nigeria's last world cup win was against Bulgaria in France 1998. It will not be Nigeria if drama does not follow successes and preparations or so it seems.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
In November 2018, Billing turned down an approach to switch his international allegiance to the Nigeria national team.[24] In March 2019, he received his first call-up to the Denmark national team.[25]
i posted this a while back,, but no some of una begin dey praise that yeye coach named ****... the funny thing the thread had no links and some CE folks failed to think critically or research this fake news...we don't need such players ...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:Just take 5 days out and fly to any SE game and stay in the hotel. You'll catch Pinnick at breakfast or in the Gym (in black cycling attire with his tiny pot belly). Rohr will sometime be by himself downing a pint of lager at the bar at night. I've harassed both men, & others like Ikpeme (when they are alone) in the past.
Will you also cover my expenses? :D
We could have one of the top 3 leagues in Africa (long way from there) and all 23 players of the Super Eagles could still be foreign based with over half of them born abroad based on merit.
I wouldn't have a problem with this.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:This will give ammunition to those who are against recruitment of foreign born footballers. Billings case was IMO, taking things too far!
NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS AGAINST RECRUITMENT OF FOREIGN BORN PLAYERS. You guys keep making this false statement, as if you believe it will detract from the issue. The single issue here is -- FOREIGN BORN PLAYERS AND NIGERIAN BORN PLAYERS should both be given equal rights to play for the National team. if the foreign born is better, then he gets the spot. if the Nigerian born is better then he gets the spot. And when we say "better,"-- we are even generous enough to accept that its subjective and not objective. So, if the coach things the foreign born is better, no problem! let him get the spot. Thats the coach's job. Our single problem is when the coach and his software tell Nigerian born players "who will i drop for you." "Wait your turn" "one day!" and then in the same breath, find a space for a player ONLY BECAUSE THAT PLAYER WAS BORN OVERSEES.
We don't have a shortage of midfielders that play in his position, so why let this guy use us do yanga?
I entirely disagree with you. Our list is not just more than 100 million long, its much more than that! Anyone who is a Nigerian citizen, under the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria DESERVES to play for Nigeria. Whether you are a defender, midfielder, striker or goalkeeper. If we find a forward who is better than what we have, then he should be selected, whether or not he was born in Nigeria or in Mauritius or Mexico City. Does not matter.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:
Kaii! the guy even warned them! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: "let this be the last time you open your smelly mouth to ask me such smelly quetion!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: eweeeeeeeeeeeeeeleeeeeeeee! Kaiiii!!! Odiegwu! :lol: :lol: