Billig Not Interested in Playing for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Billig Not Interested in Playing for Nigeria

Post by Enugu II »

'My Big Dream Is To Play For Denmark' - Bournemouth's Billing Dismisses Nigeria Rumours
Published: May 20, 2020
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=36203

Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing has dismissed rumours in the Nigerian press that he wants to play for the Super Eagles and has stressed that his international futures lies with the Danish National Team.

Born to a Nigerian father and Danish mother, it is only a matter of time before Billing becomes cap-tied to the Scandinavian country as he has been called-up to their senior team several times and was a non-playing substitute on six occasions.

"I think there are some rumors that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article about it so that people don't start to believe it," Billing told Danish newspaper BT.

"I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah.

"It would be strange to play for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish.

"Of course I have Nigerian roots and I'm half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.

"I have Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to play for. That's my big dream."

Billing revealed that he made it crystal clear that he wanted to continue representing Denmark when he was approached by Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr to switch his allegiance to the Super Eagles.

"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.

"He just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria, because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon.

"I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream," Billing added.

The former Denmark U21 star has held positive talks with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and he's looking forward to making his senior debut for his country of birth.

"I've talked to Kasper Hjulmand over the phone. Not about anything specific, but we just had a great conversation to get to know each other a little.

"From what I hear, it's something I look forward to very much. Playing with the national team and hopefully in the future a few minutes and make my debut. "

Billing has stressed that he won't address questions about pledging his allegiance to Nigeria in the future.

"Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumors and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all," Billing concluded.

Former Huddersfield youth-teamer Billing has made 70 appearances in the English Premier League since his debut in August 2017.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Billig Not Interested in Playing for Nigeria

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We don’t want him either.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Hmmmmm......
Where did these rumours stem from?
I hope it wasn't some bored or jobless writer sitting on his toilet with his laptop.
Maybe I should start a career in writing Credible Fake News :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:Hmmmmm......
I hope it wasn't some bored or jobless writer sitting on his toilet with his laptop.
Maybe I should start a career in writing Credible Fake News :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
damunk why try to spin this..it is well known you've been parading this player( anything foreign is approved by you) don't make folks start posting your statements and exposing you some more..kai ..now you try to pretend as if you weren't all over CE shouting biling
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Anybody else see the alleged article written by Danish newspaper BT?

You know we are dealing with a confirmed lunatic in the person of AllNigeriaSoccer.

A guy notorious for sitting in his batcher and making up stuff and even attributing quotes.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I think this was visited early last year, how did they rehash the story after all had moved on?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abi, thats why I was shocked by those rumors thats why I posted his interview where he said all this, I was like that is one hell of a U-turn.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:

You know we are dealing with a confirmed lunatic in the person of AllNigeriaSoccer.

A guy notorious for sitting in his batcher and making up stuff and even attributing quotes.
Uncle, I thought we banned that source from CE?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
damunk why try to spin this..it is well known you've been parading this player( anything foreign is approved by you) don't make folks start posting your statements and exposing you some more..kai ..now you try to pretend as if you weren't all over CE shouting biling
Don't you ever get tired of stalking? :oops:
Why do you take things so personally that you MUST follow people upandan, spinning badly constructed lies in the process? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oya, post away!
I'm in a good mood today and will allow you your pyrrhic victory (if you even know what that means).
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

That's fine. We have a lot of CM/DM options: Ndidi, Etebo, Aribo, Ejaria, Mikel Agu, Azeez, and Shehu. Even young prospects like Dele-Bashiru and Kingsley Micheal may turn out to be solid players.
Last edited by olu on Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

To be honest from watching Biling's highlights he looked like a poorer version of Mikel. Don't think he is better than Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo, or Ejaria. He may be better than the fringe options like Azeez, Mikel Agu and Shehu though. That being said, it's hard to tell from just highlights though.
Last edited by olu on Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Well, here is another source:
‘I told Rohr I wanted to play for Denmark’ – Super Eagles target Billing
Gbenga Adewoye
https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-told-roh ... bpnyaidbwd
05:16 5/21/20

The 23-year-old midfielder says it will be awkward to play for the West Africans, as he feels totally Danish
Bournemouth star Philip Billing revealed he has communicated his decision to Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr to play for the Danish national team.

The midfielder has been courted by the Super Eagles since 2018, given his eligibility to feature for the West Africans and his impressive showings in the Premier League. Billing was born to Nigerian father and Danish mother and has featured for the Red and White’s youth team but still qualified to represent the West Africans as he is yet to play for the senior side.

The 23-year-old confirmed Rohr has spoken to him about switching his allegiance to the African giants and explained he made it clear to him where his heart lies. “I think there are some rumours that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article. I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah,” Billing told BT.
"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish. Of course, I have Nigerianroots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.
“I have a Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to stand for. That's my big dream.
"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.
"He [Rohr] just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon. I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream."

The midfielder also revealed he had a positive conversation with new Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand and hopes to make his debut with the European side pretty soon.
"I've talked to Kasper Hjulmand over the phone. Not about anything specific, but we just had a great conversation to get to know each other a little,” he continued.
“From what I hear, it's something I look forward to very much. Playing with the national team and hopefully in the future a few minutes and make my debut.
“I have nothing but positive things to say. The conversation I had with Wheeler was very positive. I think big things are going to happen under him. That's my feeling.

“Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer whether I choose Nigeria. I can say that I am 100 percent in Denmark. I only think these are rumours and that's to get people talking. But there is nothing at all.”

Billing played 81 league games for Huddersfield Town, after breaking into the first team in 2014 and scored five goals for the side before leaving to join Bournemouth last summer.
The midfielder is currently a key member of Eddie Howe’s team, having made 29 appearances across all competitions in this campaign.
Despite the snub from the 23-year-old, Rohr can count on a number of talented players in the Super Eagles midfield like Leicester City star Wilfred Ndidi, Rangers’ Joe Aribo and Getafe’s Oghenekaro Etebo.
Nigeria have previously successfully persuaded Alex Iwobi, Leon Balogun, William Troost-Ekong, who is now the Super Eagles vice-captain to switch allegiance to the West African country.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But who said he was?Someone came on here and started making things up,I didn’t hear it anywhere else we need a credibility chart so if anyone chats sh*t their name drops lower down the chart and make it visual.I remember asking someone to double check the rumours but persistence continued without a source! :sneaky: :boo:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300432&p=5577167&hi ... s#p5577167
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri May 22, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

This is what happens when, instead of locating and developing the next Amokachi, our lazy coaches and NFF are busy chasing boys with who don't feel Nigerian! Enough of these insults!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cmoke wrote:This is what happens when, instead of locating and developing the next Amokachi, our lazy coaches and NFF are busy chasing boys with who don't feel Nigerian! Enough of these insults!

CMoke,

In my view, it should not dissuade Nigeria from trying to get any GOOD (underlined) player who has track to Nigerian citizenship. The fact that one or two may reject Nigeria should not be a big deal. My gripe, however, is focusing on all Tims & Harrys simply because they are bred overseas and expressly ignoring those born in Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Cmoke wrote:This is what happens when, instead of locating and developing the next Amokachi, our lazy coaches and NFF are busy chasing boys with who don't feel Nigerian! Enough of these insults!

CMoke,

In my view, it should not dissuade Nigeria from trying to get any GOOD (underlined) player who has track to Nigerian citizenship. The fact that one or two may reject Nigeria should not be a big deal. My gripe, however, is focusing on all Tims & Harrys simply because they are bred overseas and expressly ignoring those born in Nigeria.
I've always warned about getting sucked into the CE bubble. We often get to believe what is trending on CE is exactly what is trending in the wider world.
We all fall for it from time to time.
TBH, I never read any source of the story and for me, it all tarted here.
I suspect Colin Udoh read it here first too, dropped a tweet saying "I hear Billing is about to switch" and that added credibility to the story.

For all we know, no contact was made after Billing spoke to Rohr whenever that was, but I don't blame the 'beggar-mongers' for merrily jumping on this new development as 'proof' that they are right not approve of Nigeria approaching those FB players. :idea:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:

CMoke,

Absolutely, it seems as if they might as well invite some guy that plays in Kennington Park or Hackney Marshes because he has a Nigerian family name and is born in England,what’s the point in having a League in Nigeria?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

CMoke,

Absolutely, it seems as if they might as well invite some guy that plays in Kennington Park or Hackney Marshes because he has a Nigerian family name and is born in England,what’s the point in having a League in Nigeria?
damunk will soon insult you and start some beef with you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

CMoke,

I can assure you (in the very unlikely case of you not knowing already) there are probably tens of thousands of Nigerians playing in Hackney Marshes, Kennington Park (where I learnt to play myself :lol:), Bromley park, the north and south national leagues, all the way up to Leagues 2, 1 and The Championship that are never going to even smell an NFF April Fool's letter, talk less a real one. :rotf: :rotf:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We don’t want him either.
..said the cat when the mouse ran away
Last edited by Rawlings on Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

CMoke,

I can assure you (in the very unlikely case of you not knowing already) there are probably tens of thousands of Nigerians playing in Hackney Marshes, Kennington Park (where I learnt to play myself :lol:), Bromley park, the north and south national leagues, all the way up to Leagues 2, 1 and The Championship that are never going to even smell an NFF April Fool's letter, talk less a real one. :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: Kennington Park :thumb:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

It's become really embarrassing. Every player with Nigerian heritage is automatically rumored to be about to play for the SE. These days I just dismiss it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote:

I hope you would apologise for this abuse if the story turns out to be true.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."