Billig Not Interested in Playing for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Billig Not Interested in Playing for Nigeria

Post by Lolly »

Cmoke wrote:This is what happens when, instead of locating and developing the next Amokachi, our lazy coaches and NFF are busy chasing boys with who don't feel Nigerian! Enough of these insults!
You win some, you lose some. Nothing to be ashamed about. Tharis furball.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:Hmmmmm......
Where did these rumours stem from?
I hope it wasn't some bored or jobless writer sitting on his toilet with his laptop.
Maybe I should start a career in writing Credible Fake News :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Anybody else see the alleged article written by Danish newspaper BT?

You know we are dealing with a confirmed lunatic in the person of AllNigeriaSoccer.

A guy notorious for sitting in his batcher and making up stuff and even attributing quotes.
This is the Danish article https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/billing-afvis ... or-danmark
“I think there are some rumors that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article about it so that people don't start to believe it. I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah blah blah, 'Philip Billing told BT
"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish. Of course I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark. I have Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to stand for. That's my big dream, 'says Billing.
"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play her. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that, "says Philip Billing and tells a little more about that conversation.

"He just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria, because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon. I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream. "
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Apparently, Rohr met with Billing and he agreed to a FIFA nationality switch. The papers were even sent to him but a Nigerian online medium, owngoalnigeria got the story and ran with it.
Denmark put pressure on him and the incoming coach called him and he reneged on his agreement with Rohr.
I am happy
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

This is a player we need not pursue. While he is very good, there are other prospects who are very eager to represent Nigeria. We can wish him well and we can put this to rest.

<<
Last edited by General Trousers on Fri May 22, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

General Trousers wrote:This is a player we need not pursue. While he is very good, there are other prospects who are very eager to represent Nigeria. We can wish him well and put this to rest.

<<
GT, long time, where have you been? Good to read from you again.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Who to believe - Billing or Dammy? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I hope it wasn't some bored or jobless writer sitting on his toilet with his laptop.
Maybe I should start a career in writing Credible Fake News :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You know we are dealing with a confirmed lunatic in the person of AllNigeriaSoccer.

A guy notorious for sitting in his batcher and making up stuff and even attributing quotes.
I hope you would apologise for this abuse if the story turns out to be true.
Do you have a comprehension problem?

I asked if there was evidence of the article and cited the fact the dude has been wrong in the past as the reason to verify that the news has a collaborating source.

Did he stop being unbalanced because he got this story right?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

This is the Danish article https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/billing-afvis ... or-danmark
“I think there are some rumors that come out of nowhere. When I saw it, I thought it might be good just to make a Danish article about it so that people don't start to believe it. I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah blah blah, 'Philip Billing told BT
"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish. Of course I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark. I have Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to stand for. That's my big dream, 'says Billing.
"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play her. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that, "says Philip Billing and tells a little more about that conversation.

"He just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria, because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon. I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream. "
:thumb: Thanks.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:
General Trousers wrote:This is a player we need not pursue. While he is very good, there are other prospects who are very eager to represent Nigeria. We can wish him well and put this to rest.

<<
GT, long time, where have you been? Good to read from you again.
I did civilian hand-over and retired to a farm, but the lure of football has proven too much.

<<
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

The pursuit of Billig and other disinterested part-Nigerians is a fool's errand that only serves to boost their profile for a future transfer windfall. We must not pursue such players. We must only extend a hand to players that are interested. Here are two players I prefer:

1. Ayo Simon Okosun - Ayo Simon Okosun is a 6ft-6in Danish/German/Nigerian giant ... He is tall. No he is not Sunny Okosun, and looks nothing like the late musician. Ayo is a player who has shown playing consistency. He plays for AC Horsens on loan from FC Midtjylland. He is strong, technical and has an engine. More importantly he identifies with Nigeria.

2. Maduka Christopher Udeh - Maduka Udeh is a player to watch. He is currently with Norwegian minnows Øygarden FK. The 6ft-6in juggernaut will likely prove to be the next Seyi Olofinjana in Norway and we should hear of him for years to come. Bookmark this place, because this is a player who is technical, fast, and has the physical presence and all the attributes of a top center back.

###
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

General Trousers wrote:The pursuit of Billig and other disinterested part-Nigerians is a fool's errand that only serves to boost their profile for a future transfer windfall. We must not pursue such players. We must only extend a hand to players that are interested. Here are two players I prefer:

1. Ayo Simon Okosun - Ayo Simon Okosun is a 6ft-6in Danish/German/Nigerian giant ... He is tall. No he is not Sunny Okosun, and looks nothing like the late musician. Ayo is a player who has shown playing consistency. He plays for AC Horsens on loan from FC Midtjylland. He is strong, technical and has an engine. More importantly he identifies with Nigeria.

2. Maduka Christopher Udeh - Maduka Udeh is a player to watch. He is currently with Norwegian minnows Øygarden FK. The 6ft-6in juggernaut will likely prove to be the next Seyi Olofinjana in Norway and we should hear of him for years to come. Bookmark this place, because this is a player who is technical, fast, and has the physical presence and all the attributes of a top center back.

###
Thanks for this GT.
I believe we need to boost our central defensive depth and have kept a close eye on Adarabioyo and Ozonwafor. I will add 22 year old Maduka to that list.
He looks solid in every sense of the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNw1QLrk948[/video]

Can't find any footage on Okosun, just interviews in Danish
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "