You guys should please release Jordan Ibe!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
You guys should please release Jordan Ibe!!

Post by danfo driver »

I am begging you people! Who ever locked Jordan Ibe up after he rejected us, e don do! Please, release the boy! Abeg!

Just small play that somebody played with you people, and una just take this thing to the next level.
Jordon Ibe was the 'family man' who had the world at his feet at Liverpool... but with Bournemouth now ready to release him after court appearances and coronavirus outings to the barbers, the winger is at crisis point after failing to fulfill potential

Jordon Ibe was spoken about in the same terms as Raheem Sterling at Liverpool
He burst on to the scene at Wycombe Wanderers as a 15-year-old schoolboy
However, he failed to hit the heights at Anfield, moving to Bournemouth in 2016
He has struggled on the south coast, citing mental health issues for his demise
Ibe has been informed that the Cherries will let his contact expire on July 1

Jordon Ibe was supposed to be one of the Premier League's best up and coming talents. Bournemouth certainly thought so when they signed the winger for a then club-record fee of £15million back in 2016.

Instead of fullfilling that early promise shown at Wycombe Wanderers and not quite reached at Liverpool, the 24-year-old has diverted in a different direction, to the extent that club have had enough.

It was revealed on Thursday that Ibe will not have his contract renewed by the Cherries when it expires on July 1. The decision will curtail his involvement in the end of the season, which looks set to extend well into July due to the disruption caused by the coronavirus.

The message is clear. Ibe is surplus to requirements at the Vitality Stadium.

That much has been made clear to the former England Under-21 international, who has been training with the Under-21s at Bournemouth after a string of misdemenours saw the club lose patience with one of their most expensive signings.

It is not what was expected for a player once expected to fill the void left by none other than Raheem Sterling at Liverpool.

That reputation was sealed by his rise to prominence at Wycombe, where a superb individual strike in the League Cup against Sheffield Wednesday brought him to the attention of football fans in 2011.

Gary Waddock, Wanderers boss at the time, enthused: 'If it was a senior player, you would be saying what a fantastic goal. He is 15 and to do that on your first start tells you the quality the lad has got.

'We just want to make sure he goes on and fulfils the potential he has got and possibly he could go and play at the highest level.'

Liverpool certainly thought that was the case, signing him up as a 16-year-old just months later.

There, his impact was immediate, marking his debut with the assist for Philippe Coutinho in a 1-0 win over QPR in 2013.

He was emerging at the same time as a certain Raheem Sterling, and when the former QPR youth star forced his move through to Manchester City in 2015, Brendan Rodgers was left in no doubt that he felt he had a replacement ready and waiting.

One performance against Everton in the Merseyside derbty had the Northern Irishman bristling with excitement, describing the performance as 'brilliant' and stating the youngster was 'only going to get better'.

Steven Gerrard's thoughts at the time were along a similar line.

'Jordon was fantastic and was man of the match,' said the Liverpool captain. 'It was a sensational performance from him and he's got a big future.'

That display at Goodison Park saw him hit the post. In a way, it encapsulates his time with the Reds quite aptly - forever the nearly man.

There were issues off the pitch that began to rear their head during his Anfield stay, a prelude to the problems since encountered at Bournemouth.

A set of pictures caught him smoking shisha with Sterling on a night out. It was the first sign of trouble from a player who refused to use an agent as a youngster such was his trust in his mum and dad.

'If I need help, my parents will sort it out,' was what he told The Guardian in 2015. 'My family will always be number one to me, and I trust them implicitly.'

Eventually, though, Ibe began to find himself being squeezed out of the Liverpool family.

Competing for places with the likes of Luis Suarez, Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi and Philippe Coutinho was proving tough for Ibe, who made 27 league appearances in his final season at Anfield.

His move to Bournemouth was meant to propel him into to the position of a regular top-flight starter, but it never proved the case.

His first season proved a massive disappointment, with his 25 displays providing no goals and no assists, though there was the harrowing ordeal of being robbed at knife point in south-east London in November 2016 he had to contend with.
There were signs in 2017-18 that he had turned a corner, his first goals for the club coenciding with a smattering of assists, but it proved only a brief reprieve.

He struggled once again in 2018-19, and this season his performances have been such that a move away looked almost certain in January, with Celtic linked with a move.

Further problems off the field have magnified his troubles. Ibe appeared in court last December following an incident which saw him drive his white Bentley into a coffee shop, before taking off. He was banned from driving for 16 months and slapped with a £7,500 fine.

His latest misdemeanour has saw him post a picture of himself visiting a barber during the coronavirus lockdown. He had posted an image of it on Instagram, before taking it down and apologising.

Ibe has spoken about his own battles with mental health issues. After being caught driving since his driving ban, he released a statement which read: 'I want to apologise for my recent actions and explain the circumstances around my behaviour.

'I am currently in rehabilitation and hoping with the right help my mental health can improve and I can concentrate on becoming a better person after making poor judgements.

'While banned from driving I have been stopped by the police driving my car and will now face punishment for this error.

'I would like other people suffering from mental health issues to seek help. Health is more important than anything and I am concentrating on getting better before thinking of football.'

Bournemouth had placed Ibe with the youth team to allow him to do just that.

It can only be hoped that when he gets on top of his health, his return to form - and a chance to fulfil his undoubted talent - will follow.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rpool.html
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: You guys should please release Jordan Ibe!!

Post by kalani JR »

Football is crazy, sometimes the people who look like the next superstar at 15-17 are almost forgotten five years later.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Only 1 white he-goat, 3 roosters, 25 kolanuts. Then we will go see Omonoba....
danfo driver wrote:I am begging you people! Who ever locked Jordan Ibe up after he rejected us, e don do! Please, release the boy! Abeg!

Just small play that somebody played with you people, and una just take this thing to the next level.
Jordon Ibe was the 'family man' who had the world at his feet at Liverpool... but with Bournemouth now ready to release him after court appearances and coronavirus outings to the barbers, the winger is at crisis point after failing to fulfill potential

Jordon Ibe was spoken about in the same terms as Raheem Sterling at Liverpool
He burst on to the scene at Wycombe Wanderers as a 15-year-old schoolboy
However, he failed to hit the heights at Anfield, moving to Bournemouth in 2016
He has struggled on the south coast, citing mental health issues for his demise

Jordon Ibe was supposed to be one of the Premier League's best up and coming talents. Bournemouth certainly thought so when they signed the winger for a then club-record fee of £15million back in 2016.

Instead of fullfilling that early promise shown at Wycombe Wanderers and not quite reached at Liverpool, the 24-year-old has diverted in a different direction, to the extent that club have had enough.

It was revealed on Thursday that Ibe will not have his contract renewed by the Cherries when it expires on July 1. The decision will curtail his involvement in the end of the season, which looks set to extend well into July due to the disruption caused by the coronavirus.

The message is clear. Ibe is surplus to requirements at the Vitality Stadium.

That much has been made clear to the former England Under-21 international, who has been training with the Under-21s at Bournemouth after a string of misdemenours saw the club lose patience with one of their most expensive signings.

It is not what was expected for a player once expected to fill the void left by none other than Raheem Sterling at Liverpool.

That reputation was sealed by his rise to prominence at Wycombe, where a superb individual strike in the League Cup against Sheffield Wednesday brought him to the attention of football fans in 2011.

Gary Waddock, Wanderers boss at the time, enthused: 'If it was a senior player, you would be saying what a fantastic goal. He is 15 and to do that on your first start tells you the quality the lad has got.

'We just want to make sure he goes on and fulfils the potential he has got and possibly he could go and play at the highest level.'

Liverpool certainly thought that was the case, signing him up as a 16-year-old just months later.

There, his impact was immediate, marking his debut with the assist for Philippe Coutinho in a 1-0 win over QPR in 2013.

He was emerging at the same time as a certain Raheem Sterling, and when the former QPR youth star forced his move through to Manchester City in 2015, Brendan Rodgers was left in no doubt that he felt he had a replacement ready and waiting.

One performance against Everton in the Merseyside derbty had the Northern Irishman bristling with excitement, describing the performance as 'brilliant' and stating the youngster was 'only going to get better'.

Steven Gerrard's thoughts at the time were along a similar line.

'Jordon was fantastic and was man of the match,' said the Liverpool captain. 'It was a sensational performance from him and he's got a big future.'

That display at Goodison Park saw him hit the post. In a way, it encapsulates his time with the Reds quite aptly - forever the nearly man.

There were issues off the pitch that began to rear their head during his Anfield stay, a prelude to the problems since encountered at Bournemouth.

A set of pictures caught him smoking shisha with Sterling on a night out. It was the first sign of trouble from a player who refused to use an agent as a youngster such was his trust in his mum and dad.

'If I need help, my parents will sort it out,' was what he told The Guardian in 2015. 'My family will always be number one to me, and I trust them implicitly.'

Eventually, though, Ibe began to find himself being squeezed out of the Liverpool family.

Competing for places with the likes of Luis Suarez, Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi and Philippe Coutinho was proving tough for Ibe, who made 27 league appearances in his final season at Anfield.

His move to Bournemouth was meant to propel him into to the position of a regular top-flight starter, but it never proved the case.

His first season proved a massive disappointment, with his 25 displays providing no goals and no assists, though there was the harrowing ordeal of being robbed at knife point in south-east London in November 2016 he had to contend with.
There were signs in 2017-18 that he had turned a corner, his first goals for the club coenciding with a smattering of assists, but it proved only a brief reprieve.

He struggled once again in 2018-19, and this season his performances have been such that a move away looked almost certain in January, with Celtic linked with a move.

Further problems off the field have magnified his troubles. Ibe appeared in court last December following an incident which saw him drive his white Bentley into a coffee shop, before taking off. He was banned from driving for 16 months and slapped with a £7,500 fine.

His latest misdemeanour has saw him post a picture of himself visiting a barber during the coronavirus lockdown. He had posted an image of it on Instagram, before taking it down and apologising.

Ibe has spoken about his own battles with mental health issues. After being caught driving since his driving ban, he released a statement which read: 'I want to apologise for my recent actions and explain the circumstances around my behaviour.

'I am currently in rehabilitation and hoping with the right help my mental health can improve and I can concentrate on becoming a better person after making poor judgements.

'While banned from driving I have been stopped by the police driving my car and will now face punishment for this error.

'I would like other people suffering from mental health issues to seek help. Health is more important than anything and I am concentrating on getting better before thinking of football.'

Bournemouth had placed Ibe with the youth team to allow him to do just that.

It can only be hoped that when he gets on top of his health, his return to form - and a chance to fulfil his undoubted talent - will follow.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rpool.html
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This is what Yorubas call "A si se". Please free the boy I beg!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sad story...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Only 1 white he-goat, 3 roosters, 25 kolanuts. Then we will go see Omonoba....
Uncle, due to COVID-19, I am afraid the Oba is not seeing anyone until further notice. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Maybe he is an age cheat? :)

Age might have caught up with him :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He is overaged. Waiting for CIC, 1Naija and Airwolex to confirm this. :twisted: :sneaky:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Kongi the Emir free the boy! Or I will. This is the same nonsense you did to Makinwa.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Babalawo wrote:Kongi the Emir free the boy! Or I will. This is the same nonsense you did to Makinwa.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

wanaj0 wrote:Maybe he is an age cheat? :)

Age might have caught up with him :taunt: :taunt:
Obviously! :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

bret- hart wrote:He is overaged. Waiting for CIC, 1Naija and Airwolex to confirm this. :twisted: :sneaky:
CICOB knows his real age...

:P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Babalawo wrote:Kongi the Emir free the boy! Or I will. This is the same nonsense you did to Makinwa.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

IBE DEFIANT AND SPITS IN THE FACE OF THOSE WHO LOCKED HIM UP:

I HAVE NO REGRETS!!
'No regrets, just need to apply myself': Jordon Ibe insists he does not look back negatively at his career so far despite Bournemouth preparing to release him just four years after costing them a club-record £15m fee

Jordan Ibe held a Twitter Q&A where he answered questions from his followers
When asked if he had any regrets in his career, Ibe tweeted he has 'no regrets'
He has struggled at Bournemouth, citing mental health issues for his demise

By NATHAN SALT FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 10:46 EDT, 24 May 2020

Jordan Ibe has said he has 'no regrets' with how his career has played out so far as Bournemouth prepare to let his contract expire.

The former Liverpool player, who joined in 2016, is out of contract at the Vitality Stadium on June 30 and the south-coast club have no intention in offering him fresh terms.

Ibe had great expectations on his shoulders at Liverpool, and even when he left for Bournemouth, but disappointing form on the pitch and misdemeanours off it have played out.

When asked during a Twitter Q&A if he had any regrets, Ibe was defiant in that he just needs to apply himself.
Ibe, who joined Bournemouth for £15million, wrote in response: 'No regrets, just need to apply myself'.

He emerged alongside Manchester City star Raheem Sterling at Liverpool and there was hope that both could go on to dominate for the Reds.

But issues off the pitch began to rear their head during his Anfield stay, a pre-warning to the problems he has since encountered at Bournemouth.

He has had brief moments of promise with Bournemouth but has not reached the level many hoped he would when he departed Anfield.

Ibe struggled in 2018-19, and this season his performances have been such that a move away looked almost certain back in January, with Scottish champions Celtic linked with a move.

His latest misdemeanour saw him post a picture of himself visiting a barber during the coronavirus lockdown. He had posted an image of it on Instagram, before taking it down and apologising.

In a statement, he said: 'I didn't think it through and I apologise. I made sure to wear protective equipment but I didn't realise it was in breach of the guidelines.

'There wasn't any intent to disobey the guidelines and as soon as it was brought to my attention, I took the post down immediately.'

Three weeks ago Ibe revealed he is in rehabilitation to improve his mental health and become a better person after 'making poor judgements.'

He issued a public apology and confirmed he had sought help after being stopped by police while driving without a licence.

Ibe has spoken about his own battles with mental health issues. He released a statement which read: 'I want to apologise for my recent actions and explain the circumstances around my behaviour.

'I am currently in rehabilitation and hoping with the right help my mental health can improve and I can concentrate on becoming a better person after making poor judgements. While banned from driving I have been stopped by the police driving my car and will now face punishment for this error.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... r-far.html
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mental ill-health is a biatch
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Let him change his name back to Ibe, his ancestors will forgive him and release all the blessings attached to the wonderful name called Ibe. A true son of Africa should not be going about with a meaningless name Aibey or whatever he is called, the oracles have spoken.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

so let compare Ibe with Iwobi, and Aina? - warning for some
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:Let him change his name back to Ibe, his ancestors will forgive him and release all the blessings attach to the wonderful name called Ibe. A true son of Africa should not be going about with a meaningless name Aibey or what he is called, the oracles have spoken.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

What a hilarious thread? Hope he can stop the bleeding as he would be in non-league in less than 2 years time if he doesn't.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

oloye wrote:Let him change his name back to Ibe, his ancestors will forgive him and release all the blessings attach to the wonderful name called Ibe. A true son of Africa should not be going about with a meaningless name Aibey or what he is called, the oracles have spoken.
Exactly! He distorted one of the proudest Igbo names.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

aruako1 wrote:
Exactly! He distorted one of the proudest Igbo names.
:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:Mental ill-health is a biatch
The current trend of people blaming everything on mental health is beginning to annoy me. Yes some people struggle with depression brought on by the circumstances in their lives but for Ibe to try to use mental health to excuse some of his behaiviour is ridiculous.
YNWA